The Kiel Canal

Did the Germans really build their own canal to save the distance around Denmark?

Britain built the suez to save having to go around africa and the americans to save journey around south america. But Denmark??

Why didn't they just annex them, they look like they belong to the natural borders, at least on the south side of the baltic.

They're called eternal Danes for a reason

Holy kek, Jutland is an island

I really don't understand why they didn't make a Schleswig - Husum canal instead. The distance is shorter.

Germans are greedy pseudo jews.

They didn't make it to save the distance, they made it so Denmark can't lock them out of their route out of the Batlic sea.

>Why didn't they just annex them
Because it would be a diplomatic fiasco and Danes aren't German.

The Suez canal was built by the French and the Brits stalled and tried to make it fail for a long time because it would have given an advantage to the French. It wasn't until they got hold of the project that they stopped being autistic and finished it.

sounds like a massive humiliating defeat for the french, yet again

Is it still possible to take a boat from the baltic to the medi with just rivers / human canals?

Actually the French did finish the canal, the Brits were only involved later on after they bought the Egyptian shares in the canal, which the sultan of Egypt sold because he was bankrupt.

Maybe you're confusing with the Panama canal, which France started building but had to sop because of a corruption scandal and financial difficulties, and was finished by the US

>that was ever possible

>Is it still possible to take a boat from the baltic to the medi with just rivers / human canals?
You can sail from Amsterdam to the Black Sea with the Rhine–Main–Danube Canal.

See, roads are for plebs.

>Why didn't they just annex them
Don't bully my greatest ally. Also you can't just annex anyone you want without consequences, real life isn't like your paradox games.

>What is the Wattenmeer ?
>look at me, i am danish and need to to do border control to keep teens from importing weed into my plains of dunes, which cover up nazi rightfully german bunkers

I'm sure Germany or the northern princes won more than a few wars and desired the land

sounds cozy, do you sail?

Denmark is actually the Aryan starship. The Nazis built the canal to cut it free.

>Wattenmeer
Yes, that would clog up a canal in no time.

They won in 1864.

No I don't.

The got so close to beautiful borders.

good points, building in that mud would've probably been 3x as expensive