China's Three Gorges Dam

Okay, so what the hell were they thinking when they made this thing. If this dam fails they doom literally tens of millions of people to catastrophic tidal wave level flooding. What happens when they go to war and some random drone strike completely destroys china. Is this the intelligence of the Chankoro that the Japs warned us about

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKjcFfUGpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also map of where the dam is and the cities on its riverbanks

bump for somethin

most dams also dont have heavy populations downstream such as the hoover dam or the one in the brazilian jungle

China is like a human ant colony. Nothing anyone does there takes into consideration safety precautions. Safety gets in the way of progress.

> Oh no there are risks involved in this endeavor or project so let's stop all human progress entirely
Yeah and agriculture and settled communities and harnessing fire were all bad things too.
Dude Anarcho-primitivism lmao

the ruling party treats china like a game of sim city. thousands were killed and displaced as a result of the construction already. mostly farming population.

guess your right, but even for something this potentially catastrophic, a human would at least try something else

why would I care for dead insect people?
the chinks themselves are the first to sell their neighbours and his childrens organs for a few bucks.

If that dam wall gives way, will the belly of the dragon drip water?

>the star will gorge itself on clay

Then they will all just lock arms and float to safety. Wow, thread over.

Sluit je zaadla, meming faggot

>tens of millions of people

who will even notice

this is just part and parcel for living in China. They're fucking idiots. Once a magnificent river system teeming with biodiversity, the Yangtze is now just a fetid, yellow lake

China exists for one and only one reason - ensuring the wealth of the senior CCP members.
And they will kill anyone who threatens their source of money in the slightest.
If you view China through this lens everything becomes much clearer.

Nice

reminder that the chinese have no soul and we should stop every attempt to let them control our country with force.

> If this dam fails they doom literally tens of millions of people to catastrophic tidal wave level flooding.
user, energy is more valuable than tens of millions of Chinese, even (especially) for China's government.

10/10. Mastah-PIECE

Cost $25 billions to make and paid itself in 5 years.

It's all profit from now on.

Boy, I wish my country was a resourceful as them and finally have enough electricity to ween us of the fucking Arab oil once and for all...

the belly of the dragon will drip water

>random drone strike
wow, maybe someone would figure out it would be a good target for tactilal nuke, or at least moab?
I don't know. I'm not smart.
Let's hope US Army doesn't have too many low IQ niggers high up in hierarchy

What the fuck is a zaadla?
Sounds like the name our president would give one of his niglets.

Literally the best explaination for the gooberment of china...

>what are the horseshoe falls?
fucking chinks are not real leafs, they don't even leaf history

At that point all the nuke powers would have exchanged and a giant tidal wave of water would be the best thing going on in China for a long time

see

chinks are corrupt more than they are stupid

Mao was 10/10 troll

It's for flood control so things like Houston won't happen.

simply, this

Is that the 4chinz prophecy?

You morons have no fucking clue about catastrophic floods of Huang Ho and Yangtze rivers that have devastated China since ancient times?
Once dams are built, no more floods.
But that is actually secondary, the primary reason is that hydro power generation from Three Gorges and associated smaller hydroplants upstream and downstream will replace tens of millions of tonnes of coal that would be burnt in thermal power plants instead.

it's built to not fail
they over engineered it and spent so much money making it failsafe that will have to pass 1000 years for the investment to be profitable

Is there a way to save China? Or is cleansing nuclear fire the only way?

>China caring about tens of millions of its own citizens

CHING CHONG CHING CHONG CHINNGGG

You can't save them, they can't even safe themselves.

China, USA and Russia have enough ballistic intercontinental missiles and other charges to destroy the whole world several times over. You do not have to worry about a dam. China has special sheltered towns and sanctuaries in mountain ranges developed by Mao himself for that occasion.

Three Gorges dam: 25,000 megawatts
Horseshoe Falls dam: 1,997 megawatts.

Burger education....

You don't understand the Chinese government. They knew the risk and built it that way ON PURPOSE.

The idea was that if they ever needed to quickly get rid of 10 million of their citizens, they could do it in one afternoon with some C4.

Thanks for the china pill lads, here have a dancing Korean qt for your troubles

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKjcFfUGpU

>not to fail

Except when we hit it with a nuke or 10 JDAMs

That's funny because USA almost had a catastrophic dam failure this year in addition to a retarded amount of other happenings.

At least we have infrastructure

That would make it target number 1 during any military campaign.

That just means more things to catastrophically fail when the majority of your population will become sub 90 IQ shitskins.

They weren't thinking about that, they were thinking

>What gets me the most lucrative contract my CCP connections can buy

and

>If we have the largest dam in the world, maybe we won't have to feel so bad about losing wars to literally everyone who matters

Its already failing like you said because instead of spending it on repairs we have to spend it on niggers and spics

how can I filter all burger posts?

why filter, when you can throw it all into one kettle?

They've already killed over a hundred million of their own people.
Another few tens is nothing to them.

Remember, the Chinese are insectoids.

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER!

oh damn

Larger tumors, you mean?

>what is la grande and churchill falls?
also
>11k megawatts
literally centuries old, fucking chinks think they can one up someone while downplaying them at the same time lululululul
also
>1,997
>Installed capacity: 2,525 MW (3,386,000 hp)
you're about 530 megawatts shortchanging the leafs gook
>Construction cost: US$800 million
yea
>Three Gorges Dam 22,500 megawatts
>22.5billion dollars, so far
you chink retards that's a billion per 1k megawatts
the canucks and us are/were getting 2.5k per 800million since the fucking 40's, you corrupt cat eaters can't compete, try and compensate

>22.5billion dollars, so far

I thought it was finished.

classic German missing the joke. Then again, the game was censored in your country. Terrorists replaced with rolling metal machines, lmao.

Can we Meme its destruction?

Do they have the locks and boat lift fully functional? I don't think so, not 100%.
There are other problems as expected from a project so large.