Germany won't share its fusion secrets

You need a new material to shield your fusion reactor. 3 years ago Germany found a biological compound that can be used to shield fast neutrons. The rest is history.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_Compact_Fusion_Reactor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3 years ago Germany found a biological compound

Is it Muslim semen?

It's human feces

>It's human feces

I now have a boner.

Ignore flag.

we can put the mudslimes to good use

>moving particles wander of course
what did they mean by this?

>Nuclear energy

Boner intensifies.

at least share with japan so they can build their giant robots

>I have no mouth and I must scream.
I wonder if he suffered, even with his nerves completely fried.

Sure they did.

I read that he repeatedly asked them to let him die.

Lockheed is already producing several workable reactor designs, though one of these isn't too feasible at the moment.
Their second fusion reactor design is a lot larger, and was designed from the start to produce a sustained fusion reaction and generate power from it. All current fusion reactors being constructed (including ITER) are purely for research, and in many ways are a waste of time as if more time was spent using complex simulations to create usable reactor designs capable of producing power, we would probably already be seeing fusion power plants under construction.

>I wonder if he suffered

nahhh he got ok.. nuclear energy is most ecological choice for power production.

Unimaginable, really. Apparently they considered him a research case and kept him alive to study the effects from radiation poisoning firsthand.

this is your brain on sjw anons.

you got real source on this or are you another Lockmart shill who is payed to boost share prices?

>payed

TRUMP VOTER DETECTED

>boosting share and options sales on NEET central
you fucking idiot

lol @ germany trying to explain away remains of biological matter in their incinerators I mean "reactors."

Yeah, but it only generates power with enough input power, it's still too expensive anywhere outside of Germany.

It literally might be.

>intestine lining is good at absorbing radiation
Why don't I have this stuff in my balls? Thanks nature.

Well to be completely frank, I guess someone had to do it, theory can only go so far without the practical.

You don't know how much power we have you fool.

so much power you need to be reminded to clean your room by some faggot scandinavian cock rock guru or varg meme. vry powrful. im in awe

When exposed to lethal amounts of radiation, one of the first things you lose is a functional nerve system. This is why the firefighters at Chernobyl kept on working, even when their skin was already pealing off, their tongues were swelling and they were vomiting blood.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_Compact_Fusion_Reactor
There's plenty of sources on here for the reactor, and since they've increased the designed reactor's size, it's now considered a lot more practical.
I'm not a Lockheed shill though, I work for Westinghouse (now pretty much Toshiba) on possible compact PWR designs and a few other projects that I'm not allowed to talk about due to issues with competition, but they involve liquid fuels.
Long story short, Lockheed are in theory my competitors, but I respect them a lot for skipping over fission and going straight for the fusion moneyshot.

>liquid fuels
so, seawater

Lockheed just admitted their designs are unworkable and put it all on hold

>I'm not allowed to talk about
>i dont have any valuable information so im pretending its a top secret
wewlad

>The project was first presented at the Google Solve for X forum on February 7, 2013.[1]

/thread

Fake news. February 17, 2013 was the date when the F-35 was declared a critical path item that can't be dropped any more.

amazing
the solution may be a heterogenous, totally anti-symetric form for the path of the plasma

notice how often pure physics solutions are perfectly anti(opposite)-intuitive????

Fusion power is a pipedream. All the scifi nerds who know jackshit about engineering jerk off about dude unlimited power and shit and wow it doesnt produce nuclear waste like fission!
When in reality nobody has even gotten it to produce more power than it takes to run the reactor and because of neutron activation youd basically have to bury the whole plant in concrete and build a new one everyone 20 years or something. What a joke. Fission works just fine, we have plenty of fuel and the technology already fucking works. Theres literally no reason to try to develope fusion when fission could already solve all our energy needs for hundreds of years and is so simple it can be done with 1940's technology.

no, it is a slurry made from muslim babies and virgin women, a puree of everything sans bones

>Ignore flag.
Typically do

he did, until said nerves fried, namely those of his brain

wew lad

>Typically do

Good thinking, that gives you more time to focus on sucking dog dick :^)

you it has been said they believe this man suffered more than other human aside from Christ

Remember the battle of currents? Edison said the only logical thing was permanent continuous current... while a real engineer, George Westinghouse, proposed the counter intuitive alternative, oscillating current. Guess who ended up being right.

>3 years ago Germany found a biological compound that can be used to shield fast neutrons.

Is the biological compound migrants?

Because that would explain everything.

>reee we won't share fusion!!
>inevitably doesn't quite yet work
>openly hostile state intelligence agencies poach anything worthwhile
>remilitarized Japan forms the new backbone of global industry with its fusion that actually works
>c'mon people we all know it'll be Japan
>Germans get nothing

hahahahah

sorry im not learned in the minutiae of the course of that development, of the bulb of light, of all actors/etc involved.... so it was westinghouse 1st and not tesla to first propose DC?

I love the glow of Cherenkov radiation in the morning.

that one of the most wonderful things i have ever seen

Exactly.

SCHEISSE!!!!!!!!

He was kept in a medically induced coma in order to study the effects of radiation sickness and cell decay

>Germany discovers fusion power, but denies it to UK because Brexit
>US steals the technology (don't even pretend for a second the CIA wouldn't, or couldn't)
>US shares the technology with UK

>I have no mouth and I must scream.

Ah, classic adventure gaming.

I do know though that Edison was a royal, 1st class world class arrogant egotistical asshole

One of the engineer spent a little bit too much time playing DF and now made a cooling system running on mudlime blood.

It feels like I got radiation poisoning just from watching that.

Is it mushrooms?
Aren't those fuckers to most radiation resistant biological life on this planet.
They fucking get energy from it to grow.

Is he ok?

what exactly is happening that we arent seeing, rods being pulled within those pipes to allow Uranium rods to interact? yes of course?

nah tardigrades

>Mycelium is used by some plants to communicate over larger distances
>Mycelium can spread out miles and miles while transferring signals
>Trees and plants are shitposting on their own fungi based internet.

It's not top secret, we've just been told that giving other companies who're working on similar systems details to concepts that haven't been publicized yet is generally a bad idea.
The designs are about 4 years old and another 2 years from initial marketing.
This has nothing to do with something being super secret, but has everything to do with allowing others to jump ahead with research by using what you've already done and paid vast quantities of money to achieve.
For example, we've considered using certain composites for the interior wall of the reactor, tested them and concluded that they were insufficient for our needs. Testing like that costs several million for each material, and is the sort of thing other design divisions would love to know about to save them from making the same tests.
This is part of the reason why Westinghouse is bleeding money right now.
Similar systems to LFTR but with a significant variation in the control systems, including the complete removal of control rods as the primary method of slowing the reaction.
I can't say what the full arrangement is, the size, the fuel composition, the materials used and so on.
One thing it does use however that I can mention is sacrificial anodes to lower the risk of corrosion, but that's about it.

There's a reason why we don't use 1940's technology; it was inefficient and far too wasteful. Early reactor designs were great in many ways, but most BWR and PWR reactors commissioned from the 1960's onward were almost entirely designed to be inefficient to increase the production of usable materials. For example, Calder Hall at Windscale was the first commercial nuclear power plant, but was designed for the production of Tritium and Plutonium and often used more power than it ever generated.
We're beyond that now, we have the simulations, we have the designs, we have the efficiency, we just need the money, which is all going to research fusion reactors.

Maybe they use niggers and sandniggers. Would explain a lot

Daily reminder that German politicians are selling German companies and patents to the Chinese.
Daily reminder that every sane politician should be against it and vote against it.
They don't.

You also need a starter motor aka an initial Neutron source, otherwise it won't start.

an aside:
can you possibly say why G.E. has lost last the new aircraft design engine contracts to Rolls Royce?

moving on:
>testing like that costs several million for each material, and is the sort of thing other design divisions would love to know about to save them from making the same tests.

cant this be determined entirely, or almost entirely, within computer simulation?

that depends on the purity of the uranium, no?

Not destroying yourself if RACIST

Don't mind because the NSA will hack your computers and will give it to american enterprises.

>Implying it hasn't already happened.

I know why it is like this, a German logger back in the day figured out how water gains energy, he made really good water slides for the logs.
They even use his principles and understanding today in controlling the rivers and how they flow.
I can't remember his name at the moment however.

fission power is demonic jewish invention (by destruction)
fussion power is creative aryan technology (by addition).

The complete selout of the west by our power and money hungry maniacal globalist elite.

It's a pulse test, were they quickly remove the control rods from beneath for a few seconds before inserting them again. The glow is Cherenkov radiation, basically charged particles producing shock waves through the water, resulting in the bright blue glow. If you ever see spent fuel ponds, you'll see the same glow from the newest rods as they'll still be very "hot" in terms of radioactivity.

Not a clue when it comes to jet engines, I've looked into them in a lot of detail, but not with much clarity and with almost no interest in the corporate side of things.
As for material simulations, yes and no.
The simulations are great because they're a lot cheaper than physical tests, but still cost a lot, and will tell you pretty much nothing that you don't already know from calculations.
All the calculations and computer simulations in the world are worthless compared to one physical test.
But you'll do more than test the material, you'll test different versions of that material, try different physical structures for that material, put flaws in the material and test it until it fails. It's all necessary because the last thing you want to do is ask the people who've just paid for a multi-billion dollar reactor for more money because you've found a problem with the design. That isn't acceptable, so you spend the money on finding what works and what doesn't before trying to market it.
It's also not acceptable to just ignore those problems, even if they're a minor flaw. The nuclear industry has suffered enough from old make do and mend attitudes, and we're losing a lot of money to rise above the previous mistakes. This is why we test until we've run out of money, because it isn't worth doing half the work anymore.

Is that a subtle virgin Chad meme

No, you can have 99% U235 lying around and it won't start a Fission process by itself. See nuclear warheads.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

inb4 germany is nazis and we need to invade germany for engineers again since we ran out of the last ones and the rest turned into niggers who build shit like the F-35 or Zumwalt

>Don't mind because the NSA will hack your computers and will give it to american enterprises.
Our secrets are in German and Americans cannot read German so there is a natural language barrier.

German humour, everyone

They'll typically have neutron source already in place in reactors, but keep the source low enough to not start a chain reaction while the control rods are fully inserted.
For example, the blue caps on this RBMK-1000 are for the neutron sources. If I remember correctly, they were inserted at all times, and I presume most research reactors use a similar system of 'just enough' material to start the reaction, but not enough to entire overcome the effects of the control rods.

Viktor Schauberger and yes there is probably a relation.

i know the effects, just not exactly what was happening obviously with nothing "moving" until water rippling

and i ask regarding G.E. because i just cant believe how aside, from corruption or complete incompetence they lost 3 successive entirely new aircraft engine contracts

my shame is great here
i thought my understanding of it was greater than that

i was certain i had sufficient understanding to have know or extrapolated that

so now i see why there is always a "neutron" source in physics packages

>1080p

was there a remake?

>what is an NDA

Germany non white in one generation.

You signed your own death warrant so who gives a flying fuck.

German cuck BTFO

It can actually. It doesn't go bang, but anyone unlucky enough to be around when it does gets a suntan.

70 years ago the joos kept us warm and comfy
now the muzzies will help our industry getting cheap energy with their "biological component"
multiculti does work after all, i am surprised

Yeah unlike Britain that is totally white and absolutely non-Muslim

Nigga you could take a swim in that pool and you'd come out just as fine as ever. Water is an amazing radiation shield. as long as you don't dive to like 1m of the reactor it won't affect you at all.

well duh I didnt mean we should use 1940's tech when it comes to nuclear I just pointed out that fission is so simple that they could do it with 1940's tech meanwhile we still cant make fusion actually work. When you then realise that fusion wont give you anything fission isnt already doing then research into fusion becomes a huge waste of time.

How are they solving the problem of getting rid of the discharge

>fission power is demonic jewish invention
>split unstable atoms to smaller stable one
>fusion power is creative aryan technology
>using massive amount of energy force two atoms to combine
I think it maybe the opposite

What if we use plasma to contain the plasma?
Sorta like that one river what has a center stream so strong that fish on either side of the river cant interact with each other and the same species evolved to look different?

It's removed trans penises

German engineering is the best thing about Germans.

poland engineering is the best thing about clean toilets

Because the fusion designs are trying to use hydrogen. Hydrogen is extremely nasty stuff. it is extremely hard to contain. It makes anything containing it brittle over time. And when you are trying to contain a large mass of superheated hydrogen plasma, having its container become brittle over time is an extreme disaster waiting to happen.

He3, on the other hand, doesn't have these draw backs and is already shown to be easily sustainably fusable on Earth. Our only problem is that the only sizable deposits close to Earth of He3 is on our Moon.

>people whine about fossil fuels damaging planet
>okay everyone nuclear does work and were working on a no waste version that produces 100x was normal fusion reactors can
>nah muh cherynobyl
>muh fuckedupthepacificshima

nuclear is the only path next to an orbital elevator