Could someone help me understand nationalism? How can you possibly take pride in something you didn't do...

Could someone help me understand nationalism? How can you possibly take pride in something you didn't do? Is it just something lazy people take part in to feel better about themselves?

I will reply and give you a properly constructed answer, when you show me your geographical flag and post instead of hiding behind a flag of your choosing.

Why do you take pride in being lgbt? You lose social status in society and you didn't even do anything to deserve it

As much as Iove Carlin, he's wrong. Your lineage is not a accident. Who you parents are, and who their parents are, is part of your legacy and your obligation.

Having pride for example for being tall or good looking is degenerate yes, that's why pride is a sin in the Bible

However God divided us up into nation's and languages because he thought we'd be better off. Nationalism doesn't rely on pride and vice versa

well, currently it's kinda reverse

Good Goy Carlin didn't ask "Why the fuck would you be proud to be Jewish?"

>How can you possibly take pride in something you didn't do?
That's called patriotic fervor you fucking retard. Its a tool used by many systems, including nationalism.
Nationalism just means you have a strong in-group preference for a clearly delimited set of people, a nation, is not necessarily a synonym of country and most certainly is not a synonym for state.

if you have a pride in your ancestors and country you are less likely to act in a manner detrimental to their legacy and memory, you will be more self conscious and dedicated of your own life as you are growing to keep the fire so to speak

on the other hand you can say fuck my forefathers, become a total degenerate and drink aids laced glasses of cum in your local gay bar

gee, a hard fucking choice

Did he have to name every manifestation of pride? There woulda been a long list of terms, it wouldn't have fit to a standard comedy show format, rather a dictionary.
You should write a book of what you shouldn't be proud of, all the things Carlin did not have time to mention.

If you take the lefts arguments seriously, as in the pro lgbt people, they argue from the point of the victim and criticise privilege. Therefore, to be a member of the lgbt community is to be underprivileged = losing social status.

But yes i agree that there is an incentive by sick minded sociopaths to play that victim in order to gain the type of attention they crave. The media virtue signals this to no end and feminized men project that to cover their fears of losing face with women.

> is it something lazy people do to feel better?
Today OP was a confused fag, but he got it right the first time.

Nationalism is about having a nation which is united, looks out for each other and works together.

No he didn't. Languages naturally evolve. That triggered me hard enough to post. This is a fucking terrible argument.

Read the bible m8

you couldnt possibly take pride in your ancestors, as they were degenerate niggers
i can though, my ancestors were great men who built this civilization
hope that clears it up

>You wouldn't say I'm proud to be 5'11
Hahahahahah fucking Manlet

>Win fucking lottery by being born in first world
>Realize it isn't just voodoo magic that made Homeland how it is
>Believe shittier countries should sort themselves out and follow your country's example

This is wrong?

Because maybe if you take pride in your nationality and care about your country you will actually learn about its history and the lives of the great people that came before you.

And then you will understand the enormous obligation that rests upon you to live up to their achievements, to improve your life and the lives of your countrymates and to leave your country a better place then it was when you were born.

Empty "pride" that stems from just nationality or just skin color is fruitless, because it is already accomplished. You will never be more white or more your nationality than when you were born. But national pride coming from an understanding of your country's achievements is productive, because it allows you to strive for a better future.

Unfortunately right now the far left conflates both those meanings of pride and aims to take them down together.

Then you can't be prideful of literally anything because your future and achievements are mostly set by stone depending on what previous generation gave you both economically and genetically. Your triumph against racism/sexism? Not your achievement no matter what you did, if not for your racist and sexist ancestors who decided to eat meat you would still be animal scraping for berries. But I agree you minorities obviously have no ancestors to be proud of.

nice try m8, but not even pope believes that stoner story literally.

Support a football team?

Have a favourite actor or TV character?

Get a warm feeling when you hear someone you used to live near did something beneficial for the community?

All variants of the same thing. It's called kinship preference, because we all used to be quite closely related in our nations and you could be generally proud because nations were in direct competition for most of the last 300 years, and it was like being part of a team in the same way you support a football team. Sports replaced war and having the biggest ship or piece of artillery was nullified by nukes.

We weren't evolved to live like this though, we are still monkeys who are supposed to have in group preferences and root for our teams.People who pretend they have no in-group preference are the monkey equivalent of going out alone and sticking your ass in the air when you find another pack of monkeys, hoping that after they nearly rape you to death they let you into their group.

The united states of everybody welcome and the suicidal doctine of multiculturalism is the root of this evil. Liberals aren't team players, they're narcissistic loners who enjoy undermining effective teamwork so that everybody suffers and becomes mediocre like they are.

I'm a big fan of Carlin and he's right. However, ultimately people of your ethnicity and nationality will fight together against enemies. You could say they're the people less likely to kill you. I have never ever felt patriotic in my life but I recognize the value in having an ethnostate where generally the populace grew up with the same values as you and willing to defend the ground with you.

Because it means you are the descendant of great men who accomplished great things, and their blood is running through your veins. To not take pride in that makes you a weak and pathetic coward.

You mean the pope that is for DACA? Kys