(((Google)))

Buy a new phone recently? I just spent $200 on the newest generation of Droid because my 5 year old phone died, pic related.

I cannot:
>Send texts without Google wanting access to them
>Use an alternate text service without Google saying "plz come back"
>Download apps without creating a Google account
>Direct download app .apk files without Google demanding access to my photos, contacts, and storage
>Send pictures without Google demanding access to my contacts, pictures, and storage
>Use the internet without Google tracking my searches
>Do anything without having to click "no thanks" to Google asking for my papers

The only thing I've been allowed to do with this phone since I've got it without accepting some sort of privacy agreement is make and receive phone calls. With my old Droid phone I could do all of these things without a single "accept" or "allow access". Welcome to the future.

should've bought an iPhone poorfag

>implying that there is a difference

>not rooting and using a custom ROM

>not using a flip phone like they do in those weeaboo comics

what kind of casual are you my nigger

my iphone never asks for anything not even an Itunes acct.

They're only asking for your permission because it's illegal otherwise.

Just wait until ZuckerJew gets into office.

Big Data.

Because it puts it all in one giant document they make you accept the first time you use it

This. Fucking phone retards. Buy a China brand phone that supports custom roms like Redmi Note 4, save a fuckton of money for good specs as well. But good on you for actually waiting for your phone to break. I'll give you that.

>buying and using a smartphone in 2017
top kek thanks for the laugh

This, these phones are top-notch

>I can't into phones
Top zoozle.
All of that is possible if you aren't retarded.
Such a pity you are.

get a flip phone you dumb trendie wagie hope your smartphone calls an airstrike on you by accident

This kind of overreach will just push people to using normal phones and desktops again. I own an android tablet to play some games, but it's pretty obvious i'd be losing a piece of my soul by using it for anything more ambitious than that.

I have a flip-phone, a paper map, and a memory.

This. I don't understand why people are intimidated by it. Rooting is a simple process.

Cut up from Google completely, it is the only solution albeit if hard.

For example, I stopped going into my google/youtube account because they literally forced me to put my phone number there with the excuse of security because one day I may be hacked and with that I could recover it. Gone, good riddance, who cares.

Do you like some vids/channels on youtube? Use the bookmarks in your browser so you can have the same kind of easy access.

Use non-google based browsers, non-google search engines, etc.

This kind of surveillance should be simply stopped, and it is up to every single one of us to take personal responsibility on that.

Are you too lazy to tap on the screen once? What???

I've never had to root my phone before because as I've said, with my older Droid phone it didn't ask for any of my information. But I'm definitely going to look into rooting now

have a link to a good guide?

This. If you're more nefarious you can do the AdNaseum thing but what I've been doing is this:

>search engine = startpage. Google quality results in a way that they dont' get relevant ad data.
>browser = Brave. Still quite buggy at this point, but good enough for me. Use Vivaldi or Iridium or other options if you want something more fleshed out.
>email = Protonmail. Simple, easy UI, for most purposes it'll work just as easy as GMail does for day-to-day use.
>phone = custom rom
>youtube channels = bookmark them as hooktube links.

Well yeah, the product is based on Google technology and functionality. That's the whole point. Pick a phone which doesn't use Google technology and surprise, Google won't be required anymore. How are you surprised that the Google OS requires Google?

This is entry-level tinfoil, you're not uncovering a conspiracy, you're just misunderstanding business practices and software design.

Why are so you afraid of Google? This corporation fully collaborates with the US government, so if you're withholding information from Google you're trying to hide something from your government. In other words, you are actively trying to sabotage their efforts to keep you safe. Those who sabotage the safety of the US citizens are called terrorists.
So the real question here is the not about the phone or Google.
The real question is - why do you hate America?

S..sorry Government-Senpai, here's my cholesterol levels and the days I do laundry... take them TAKE THEM