American car safety

Why don't Burgers have MOT testing? Why do you allow 3rd world standards of car safety?

As you can see, Burgers have a higher death rate than the Phillipines and Turkey. They are basically Niggers when it comes to road safety. There's nothing 'Western civilisation' about Nigger tier road safety. What gives?
Notice how the UK is 4th safest country in the world for road safety.

Thats all very cute, but it doesn't answer the question. Why must you let down the West in the road safety category? Why isn't there a nationwide standard safety test for cars?

Is it enforced by the police? Do you get pulled over for having bald tires and shitty brakes or does anything go? I know some States require safety tests but why do some not require anything?

Notice how that doesn't sort per mile driven.

because of our freedoms. it's an American thing you wouldn't understand.

>he has never drove a dune buggy with straight pipes on the streets of florida

Post the tables, i'm genuinely curious.

Several states do have it. It's not federally mandated because we allow our people this novel thing called freedom. That includes the freedom to live in a stupid, backwards state.

Several states have yearly required inspections. Some have less frequent, but still required inspections. Some have none at all.

Apparently seatbelts and child seats aren't even legally enforced in some States, is this true?

Pretty sure child seats are federal. Seat belts will vary by state, most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if all states have mandatory seat belt laws at this point, however, I think some states don't have mandatory back seat seat-belts.

I just got back from South Carolina, where helmets aren't required to ride motorcycles, and I didn't see a single person wearing one. That's beyond stupid, IMO. They are heavily required in North Carolina, however.

If your car doesn't pass inspection, your not allowed to drive it, period. If you get caught driving it anyways, they will most likely tow your car away on the spot.

If your car passes inspection and it shouldn't have because it's unsafe, lets say because your friend works at the auto shop and your car clearly isn't safe to be on the road, then yes, a cop can tow your car because it appears to be unsafe.

It shows in the traffic accident and death figures. it really boggles the mind that a supposed first world country could be so nonchalant about road safety. Is there a correlation between States with mandatory safety inspections and reduced traffic accidents and deaths? Surely they would act as an inspiration to the other State legislators to get their act together?

Freedumb moran

most states have inspections you stupid britcuck. NY and PA are yearly. The roadworthyness of our vehicles is much less of a concern than the ability of our drivers to actually drive without fucking up. Looking at you massholes and CT/NJ niggers.

I'm not sure it is.

Pretty bitchin ratrod OP.

Gross. People shouldn't be allowed to die crashing a motorcycle through a wall of flaming TV's with a stick of dynamite strapped to their forehead.

SeeOnly two States have a annual vehicle safety inspection.

Learn how to drive, faggot.

>t. Connecticunt

Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING' If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Actually 3 States, missed Hawaii there.

>filename
Thanks for the laugh man

> Is there a correlation between States with mandatory safety inspections and reduced traffic accidents and deaths?

Almost certainly.

>Surely they would act as an inspiration to the other State legislators to get their act together?

You fail to think about life outside of the context dictated by your own nanny state.

We don't make things illegal here just because the potential for harm is there, unlike the UK where they will ban sharp eating utensils, and words. Is this less safe? I suppose. The solution? Don't make the personal decision to drive a dangerous car.

This is a politics post in a politics board. I suspect the irony of your contribution might be lost on you.

Nigger and mucky mulattos are too dumb to kill themselves.

You are reading the map wrong.

The states with blue stripes also require periodic safety testing. They also require emissions testing in some areas. The ones that are pure blue only have periodict safety inspections required.

t. I live in a yellow state with blue stripes and I have to get my car inspected ever 12 months or they will fine you like a mother fucker.

You are right, my mistake. Still, it's a minority of States.

We had them a few years ago, but they dropped them because they were completely pointless. They put in a $5 price limit on it originally because muh poor people, and as a result the mechanics (who were obligated by the state to perform them) would basically do nothing but fill out some paperwork and give you a sticker. So they dropped them altogether. Who cares though?

I'd bet the only correlation is that more regulation drives up prices and interaction with government with decreases the amount of poor people and illegal immigrants who drive (who are the ones causing most accidents because they're stupid and/or don't speak english).

You know, i suspected that muh poor folks would be a factor in the opposition to them.

Freedom is more important than safety.

It just occurred to me that emissions testing is a default safety test insofar as it will prune the old cars from the road, or are there exemptions in place?

His name is Freiburger.

>"[...]mechanical inspection failure rate of 6 percent wasn’t enough to justify the expense of the program. "
Essentially, engineering is self-enforcing. If a company makes cars that wheels fall off of, and brakes fail... no one will buy them. Manufacturers put out out recalls the instant some fuckery occurs and remedies the problems.
Do you mohammeds really have cars falling apart on the road? I'm from a 1st world country; never hear stories about catastrophic failure. The only people that fucked up lately were the nips with that takada airbag bullshit.

theres 365 million people in the united states. No fucking shit theres a lot of accidents.

Look at accidents per capita not total accidents. You elementary redditard shitstain

I did

>>Essentially, engineering is self-enforcing. If a company makes cars that wheels fall off of, and brakes fail... no one will buy them.

This is wrong on so many levels. Americans are fucking retarded and know nothing of cars. Most dont even bother with any maintenance besides an oil change until something breaks. Timing belt? Flywheel? Differential fluid? Hurr whats thatThere's a reason people drive and brag about the dodge dart here.

That's the cost of freedom. We accept it. Same with guns.

Car safety inspections are a fucking scam. What a waste of money.

It varies state to state, my state requires a yearly safety and emissions test. So yeah, we have that covered.

Shit, how many people even check their brake lines aren't rotted out?

For £30/pa, I'd say an MOT inspection's worth it.

But some States have annual safety inspections. There's clearly not some nationwide ideological aversion to them.

Some states are full of faggots. We let them do what they want. Probably a mistake, but whatever.

We have vehicle inspections in a lot of states here. Many states require an inspection before a car can even be registered.

99% of car safety comes from not having retarded drivers, and American driver education is abysmal

Many, but not all, states do have MOT testing. And even in places that don't, police can still write tickets and even impound vehicles they feel are "unsafe" for the road.

Isn't it a little more than £30?

Most don't even get their oil changed. Lube companies started making 6 gorillion mile oil because of it. I'm not worried about my headlight falling out as much as Sha-queena sending snapchats while doing 70mph. I won't stand down from what I said though, if there's cars that last 10-15 years with minimal maintenance, people will buy them. So that's what we get. The best selling cars in the US are the ones that are the most reliable for a reason.

aka darkies or spics driving

Ah, an answer appeareth! So the Police can enforce road safety standards? Bald tires, broken windshields, no headlights etc?

Nigger, that is a dune buggy, meant only for driving off road. Cops would write tickets like mad if they saw that on the roads.

Those are maxima m8.

That's another thing I don't get, why don't your plates stay with the vehicle? Seems like an arse-backwards way to do things.

Yes and people will make their car legal, get it inspected, and then immediately decatt it and cut off the downpipe, change the headlights to leds. Nobody cars. People here have fun with their cars

the best selling vehicle is the ford f150 (and its a piece of shit)

They do. You can transfer plates to a new vehicle if you want.

Huh. So why the fug do you have to go stand in line to pay your road tax at the DMV? Can you not just do it online?

map is inaccurate.
texas did away with inspections as of july this year.

Brit in cuckland here. In fairness, like he said, they drive a lot more over here. Most people where I work drive +45 mins just to get to work, some even drive an hour and a half each way. They don't even think twice about it.

At home... that would be obscene.

Any good examples of Burger dgaf suicide cars on the road that would be automatically towed if here in the UK? What can you get away with? Apparently California is the worst for rolling shitheaps.

We call them clunkers

O B S E S S E D

The closest i could find to what they talked about was buried in a wiki article about autobahns and that only covers motorways.

Absolutely. You'll get a ticket for just one minor infraction like a broken tail light. But have several violations, and they can and will ticket you and tow your car to impound.

My mistake, it does include normal roads.

Euros will never know thew joy of buying a rust pile and rebuilding it into a street racer.

Most places allow for paying online these days.

that's clearly from africa none of our nogs look like that

t.Freiburger

Nothing wrong with having a wreck on your driveway, as soon as it goes on a public road your arse belongs to plod.

So what's with all the DMV hate then? I mean shit, if my tax expired I wouldn't even have to leave my chair to get road legal again.

Really there are only a few things you actually need to have a legal car

Seatbelts (exemption if they were not standard equipment that model year)
headlights, tail lights, turn signals
no visibly leaking fluid
no smoke from engine bay, no dark smoke from tail pipe
no body panels with extensive rust/rot
glass without major cracks

you could pull half of the cars from a junkard and make a road legal car in hours, I've done it.

>Freiburger
No but I wish I was

>plod
Is that some of the Queens gibberish?

Don't get me wrong, they are far worse drivers over here.

I've told multiple people over here, but they brush it off with the usual "oh look user is beeing un-PC again"
>Asians
Don't mean to be shit drivers, but they just can't help it. They'll do something utterly retarded at slow speed making it all the more dangerous.
> Blacks
Can't stay between the lines of the road - probably high or drunk. I saw one nigger at half six am yesterday driving like this.
> Paki or black drivers
I'm convinced that most accidents downtown are caused by these idiots. Do stupid things at high speed, convinced they own the road.
> Pakis in general
Aggressive drivers that know what they're doing is stupid and do it anyway.

All of this applies to highways too. It's not unusual to see a car come from a ramp onto the motorway at slow speed, then cut across three lanes to get to the fast lane, then accelerate from there despite the fact everyone in the three lanes he cut across is doing 100+.

tl;dr shitskins

PC Plod, the equivalent of Sheriff Cletus T. Cousinfucker III. Sadly missed b/c replaced by obese female PCSOs due to over-enthusiastic use of truncheon.

Emissions testing is no longer using an emissions sniffer in most states. They now require an electronic test by using the ODB2 port and visual check for leaks or blue smoke.

This exempts all cars 1995 and older, and this makes cheating the test easier with a 1996 - 2007ish because you can make a car pass by disabling the emssions testing to just say it passed.

Newer cars need more stringent emissions maintenance when it fails, but, if the repair cost is a certain percentage of the value over a certain year and mileage it can be exempted legally with a large fee.

The good ole boys?

Are they including emission requirements at the manufacturing/import stage?

Nothing like the smell of a greasy old death trap on a Saturday afternoon......

God damn, that's a walking ticket.

In fact, wasn't this what the recent Volkswagen hullabaloo was about?

Those side panels are hanging on by a ball hair.

new yorker here, just got my car inspected and tested yesterday. easiest thing, though it costs money.

Why do we allow this barbaric 3rd world practice of motorcars anyway? It's one of the main causes of death up there with cancer and heart disease. We should live in padded, windowless government housing with automated robot workers feeding us gluten free health food while we do our mandatory, safe workout routine to prolong our miserable lives as much as possible.

West Virginia here.. what the fuck? almost nobody else has to deal with this bullshit?
Every year, every car has to go into an authorized mechanics shop, have their car put up on the lift, and the old fuck starts nitpicking every little thing he wants to fix and your car will not be legal until he is satisfied.
So many good cars get sent to the junk yard because the dumb shit repairs just arnt worth it.
Ive seen cars fail for something as stupid as "passenger window motor". Even a pin hole in the exhaust (past the catalytic converter) will render your car illegal to drive until it gets repaired. But the rednecks from ohio can drive around our cities in cars that are literally held together with pieces of scrap wood.

The rust is what holds it all together

You know it!

Motor vehicle deaths are part and parcel of living in a big country.

Hahaha whyat?

>So what's with all the DMV hate then?
you still need to go there for anything that's not routine, and they're generally run horribly.

Sell them out of State somewhere without safety inspections. Surely there's profits to be made.

Authoritarianism is for europoors, we burgers on the other hand don't like being told what to do. Have fun in your cute little micro machines.

MOTs are a just an excuse for garages to blatantly rip you off by replacing parts which do not need replacing.
It's a complete joke that the nanny state doesn't let us fix our own cars.

the amount of laws in britain regarding cars is fucking stupid i can't believe anyone would defend it
you're a fucking idiot OP

Britbongs can't even own a Hayabusa as a first motorcycle and have to wear "helmets"

We already have way too many safety features. If I buy a 556hp supercharged wagon I don't need 30 airbags making it weigh 2 bloody tons

We can fix our own cars, they just need certified safe every year. Think of it as a safety consultation service. The MOT garage can list the faults and you can go fix them yourself if you want.

This t.b.h.

We are the 4th safest country in the world for road safety. that's a good, civilised thing. Do you want us down at the same level as the Africans or Middle easterners? Our standards are what separates us from the sub-humans.

I heard jag has come out with a detachable steering wheel.

I'm holding my breath.

i don't fucking care about road safety it's your problem if you're a shit driver
MOT
Insurance
Tax
it's fucking bullshit only a cuck that drives a smart car would say otherwise

and honestly everyone who's into cars has a modified shit box and lies on their insurance and goes to a mechanic that lies on their mot
so what's the fucking point?
it's just another way for faggot left wing car haters and bureaucrats to try and cuck us

Statist shit weasel

explain yourself

Why are you so obsessed with your nation's superior offspring?

basically, yes

they ran the engines super lean for emission testing and then ran a normal fuel map under normal driving conditions that resulted in more power, worse gas mileage and higher emissions

They got caught, but, in reality they all do it

Because we aren't faggots and like to customize our cars.