Is anybody else here an ex-libertarian who became more economically centrist or left-leaning after learning more about...

Is anybody else here an ex-libertarian who became more economically centrist or left-leaning after learning more about economics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkLDdQ3HORo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

trickle down may be bad for the economy, but it definitely makes rich people richer

on environmental issues I am left leaning

Opposite, the more I learn about economics the more pathetic the centre left looks

Yes actually.

It was this image right here. It used to get posted on Sup Forums constantly back in 2011 or so.

I was a hardcore libertarian, but didn't understand anything about what was going on in the image, so I started with going online and watching full economics courses that professors posted online for their students. After that, I went into reading econ textbooks.

Now I'm pretty far left wing and abandoned all of my libertarian beliefs when I realized how fucking retarded they were.

Literally all libertarian economics is based on untested theories on how they think humans should behave. Austrian economics throws out any evidence that disagrees with their theory because they claim to be a "praxology" and thus they can't be wrong, the evidence must be.

(also, don't tell anyone, but once I realize Sup Forums was wrong about libertarians, I started researching the holocaust and began debunking everything else in my "redpill" folder too.)

More people need to actually read Smith desu. I'm the same as I was when I started taking Enlightenment philosophy courses 12 years ago for the most part.

No. Krugman is a fag.

I was libertarian for about 6 months when I was 18. Then I realized our society can't function without military keynesianism and massive agricultural subsidies.

>Literally all libertarian economics is based on untested theories on how they think humans should behave.

That really isn't specific to rightist economics.

The left/right spectrum is retarded. The libertarian/authoritarian spectrum makes a lot more sense, but both parties are authoritarian in the USA and the vast majority of nations.
Do what is optimal for the society you are governing. Low IQ populations need less freedoms, high IQ populations can strive with more freedoms.

> All value is created through labor
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Krugman has contributed more to economics and knows more about it than you ever will.
Why read Adam Smith when there are better things to read at this point, like econometrics, bounded rationality, monetary theory, etc.?

The left-right paradigm is a false dichotomy. The fact that you even mention any type of political philosophy shows you understand nothing about economics. Economics is a science. You propose a hypothesis and you test it. The end goal is truth not dogma. Please kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=gkLDdQ3HORo

You got to feel bad for economists defending neoliberalisrm.

it's fascinating how the comic is trying to make us like the austrian school and yet it still sounds like the most retarded one

>he thinks you can get value without working

No, Krugman is really, really dumb and a reprehensible person.
It's not a science lol very insulting to the sciences

Unless you just reject reality and real life experience, then it makes perfect sense. Wait...

I don't care about "muh economics" anymore, whatever works works.

I care about blood and soil

>economics is a science
What a waste of trips

>czeched

Filthy positivistic materialist. Ye know nothing.

>Krugman has contributed more to economics and knows more about it than you ever will.
Nah, he's a fag.

no, that would mean i want wishful thinking. and to live in a cuck like way of life, for meager and fee fee reasons

>Feels > reals
Reals > feels

Let me know when he gets a Nobel for proving Frédéric Bastiat wrong.

Politically he is a leftist who uses Keynesian economics (not rigorously proven and certainly not universally accepted) to justify leftist spending projects. He uses his Nobel prize (in trade theory) to lend him credibility in a much wider field.

That's like asking if someone believes in magic after going to a magic show. Always run out of other people's money, the end.

this

>Krugman muh nobel
The guy should be hung from a lamppost.

Would an economic model based on Lincoln's greenbacks or Hitlers labor backed currency be sustainable? I know pol and libertarians gush over the Hitler model and from what you read about 1930s Germany it seems pretty feasible that people would buy into it, but it would take an entire collapse of the market for people to want to go down that road.

Maybe if the government started issuing greenbacks for exchange of labor on our crumbling infrastructure, and let the treasury issue it as needed to construction workers without Fed Reserve input, it would be small enough pool to not hurt their satanic system and keep the roads clean. Just a thought.

I believe in free markets, but now that I'm older and wiser I understand "free" means minimizing rent-seeking instead of of minimizing regulation.

Marx contributed a lot to economics too. He's still a fucking cunt and I wish I could go back in time and kill him.

Be me

>Dirty commie-hippie by my teens
>Complete degenerate cultural Marxist by the end of high school
>University freshman, meets fellow cultural marxist. Drift towards authoritarian center.
>University senior. After much research (specializing on political Islam) leaning towards natsoc
>Beggining my Masters, now technocratic fascist.

Guess what really drove my away from the left was the cultural Marxism itself and the redpills during uni.

You never met post-Keynesian bros with qt wives who taught you that the National Accounts give hilarious insights into certain sectors of the economy.

I learned that taxes the financial corporate sector pays are basically offset by "social contributions" the sector receives on a macroeconomic level. Literally was told by my boss people would hulk the fuck out if they saw this in a conference.

yup

i was never a lolbertarian

>I became left-leaning after studying economics
Said no one ever

>He thinks items in nature are all equally of worth

Go ahead and try feeding yourself with all that shitty dirt

This desu.

Economics major here. For the most part economics is apolitical. However just from my personal experience microeconomics tends to be more "right wing" and macro economists tend to be more "left wing".

I think the main problem with economics is there are a lot of hacks(like krugman) who basically try to politicize something that shouldn't be politicized and claim to know more than they actually know.

Economics can explain a lot of things accurately, and a lot of things it can't explain very well. For example price controls and tariffs are almost certainly bad for an economy but things like degree of openess of borders and Optimal tax rates are somewhat less understood despite the fact that people like to claim that they know the optimal tax rate or that they know exactly kek many immigrants should be allowed in

A really smart friend of mine who is a genius in economics once told me that there are two perspectives on economics: Wether it is applied, or if it is theoritical.

Leftist think of it as applied, hence why they will always say "that wasn't real gummunism" because they think that they can adapt economic policies to human nature. Economics to them is like creating a game.

To real economists, economics is like a science. You experiment and you work with what you know to progress forward.

Was a libertarian at 16. Even registered as such when I became of voting age. I am definitely more leftist today. Marxism is what stopping from going even more left. I know my history, so I know what communism entail and I fucking don't want it.

>ex-libertarian who became more economically centrist or left-leaning after learning more about economics

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAHAHA
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Actual good b8. The pic really sells it.

Who cares leaftard

Economics are the last thing I care about right now.

> Keynesian economics (not rigorously proven and certainly not universally accepted)

what do you not understand about it?

you must be too young to remember 2008

I'm an ex libertarian who became more right leaning socially. I'm still a capitalist because I'm not a cuck who wants to live off the govt tit.

why did I have a feeling this was a /leftypol/ thread?

>Learn about economics and become more left leaning
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAJAHAHAHhaaaa

keynesianism is not communism

in fact, keynsianism becomes a right-wing ideology during times of full employment (like now) because it advocates paying off government debt

>became more economically centrist or left-leaning
>after learning more about economics

Nope. I dislike most things about the modern libertarian party so I consider myself a constitutionalist. Same laws as the 1700s minus the whiskey tax.

Niggers, sage this gay-ass thread right now.

>Became more left leaning after studying economics.

Christ on a cracker.