Alt-lite dorks like Gavin often take the faux-edgy position of being "Western chauvinists" rather than being explicitly...

Alt-lite dorks like Gavin often take the faux-edgy position of being "Western chauvinists" rather than being explicitly pro-White, pro-Christian, etc. But what is "the West," exactly?

What specifically excludes Russia, Mexico, or Taiwan from the West but includes the Czech Republic (atheist majority) and Liechtenstein (not really a democracy)?

Which of the following characteristics are important for determining which countries are part of the West and which ones can be discarded?

>High HDI and GDP per capita
>Located in Europe or is a former European colony
>Speaks a European language
>Christian majority
>Ally of the US
>Majority white population
>Democracy
>Obsession with anal sex and abortions

Other urls found in this thread:

jaymans.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/clannishness-the-series-how-it-happened/
jacobitemag.com/2017/08/04/why-liechtenstein-works-self-determination-and-market-governance/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pls remove australia from your map of the west.
This week we updated our roadsigns to bilingual chinese.

>Liechtenstein

troll thread. Nobody gives a fuck about specs on a map. Thats just a banking neighborhood in Europe that gained full autonomy.

Also that and czech are white european nations. Taiwan although having a similar structure of "democracy" isnt really culturally and historically western. Hong Kong maybe. The west is such a silly ambigious word anyway to describe english speaking, post English empire democracy nations. who gives a fuck about that definition anyway? Its more language semantics than actual politics

> But what is "the West," exactly?
>What specifically excludes Russia, Mexico, or Taiwan from the West but includes the Czech Republic (atheist majority) and Liechtenstein (not really a democracy)?
Cultural and individual and group behavioral differences/similarities among countries grouped as Western or occupied by Westerners due to similar cultural evolution over time.
jaymans.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/clannishness-the-series-how-it-happened/

>grasping at straws trying to find fault with the absolute best polity on this planet
jacobitemag.com/2017/08/04/why-liechtenstein-works-self-determination-and-market-governance/

protestants are whitest

> West only describes English speaking nations
Nigger what

Jayman's theory is pseudoscientific bullshit. Southern Europeans are less inbred than northern Europeans. Not saying that evolution has not influenced the differences we can see between the different peoples in Europe by the way. I'm only pointing out that Jayman is talking out of his ass with nothing to back it up. Better writers in the 'HBD' sphere don't buy his and HBDchick's theory (like Rhazib Khan or Gregory Cohran).

Crank "science".

You mean Germanics.

Well then it's still fairly easy to define the West as countries/peoples/cultures with relatively high levels of trust and individualism along with a culture that either incentivizes or at least doesn't punish stuff like critical thinking or unorthodox thinking.

>at least doesn't punish stuff like critical thinking or unorthodox thinking

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

Hey fuckfaced west Japanese, chile and Argentina is western and we're not?
This may be the cultural-Marxist's wet dream but this is still a white, Christian and conservative nation in theory.

I admit that Rio and the northeastern are a bunch of niggers, and that there is lots of mixing but we're still majority here.

Pic: take a good look at these numbers. This is America in 10 years, enjoy it, burguers.

>poland and hungary
>west

fuck you

It's a good counterpoint but that's still relatively recent and even then overall probably doesn't match the social enforcement against non-standard thinking found in most other cultures.
Apostasy in Islam is literally a death sentence for Christ's sake, try criticizing the government in China, etc.

is brazil, mexico, iceland, cuba etc considered west? or are Australia, NZ, England, USA, canada more considered west? Language is everything, dumb burger

English is an official language in Singapore and the Philippines

>singapore
>philippines

>western

I dont think you get it sorry bro. English is a fundamental part of culture, and identity, and communication ability (community between the west)

Stating some Asian shitholes with english as an official language, doesnt really disprove the fact that language is a bond/glue between groups, showing shared ancestry and cultural ties.

"hurr but this brown shithole called the Philippines recognize English to become more of an economic hub, so therefore the west is everywhere! oy vey! no more exclusive European disaspora kinship like the anglo-sphere aka "the west" we be english and the west now and sheet.

What does the west even mean then to you? democracy? geography? shared ancestry and ties in colonial conquest? I know the answer but want to pick your brains first.

Czech Republic and entire Eastern Europe are not part of the West.

Here are the Western Countries in Europe:
-UK
-France
-Germany
-Italy
-Spain
-Belgium
-Scandinavia +Finland
-Greece
-Netherlands

Also Portugal as well.

> Is Iceland considered West
Yeah I'm pretty sure
The others aren't for demographic or other cultural reasons like literal communism.

I don't think they're part of the West either, just pointing out why English (or any European language for that matter; lots of niggers speak French) isn't a good way to distinguish whether a country is part of the West. I think the term is poorly-defined, so I want to see what you guys think. If it simply means majority-white and/or historically Christian, it should include Russia.

>Eastern Euros, Israel, Chile and Argentina.
>Western
Israel aside I don't deny they are semi-white but being western is also quite cultural and economic so I wouldn't count them.

>What specifically excludes Russia

Ethnicity. You can see it even in Poles and all Slavs. The West is Romance and Germanic races, the East is Slavic. WW2 was essentially an ethnic conflict between Slavs and Germanics in Europe, and Germanics lost.

I guess the same way Australia is not Asian, even considered by other Asians, because it is Anglo-Saxon.

West basically means 1st world countries. Poland, Russia, Czech etc are all 2nd world countries.

Singapore is pretty developed compared to backwater NZ.

Honestly one of the things I would say is the structure of government. A reason Russia isn't considered Western is because historically it has been extremely autocratic and centralized compared to almost any country considered Western.
Despite being monarchies, countries like England had very decentralized power structures, with nobility lording over certain areas and not completely under the control of a central king, whereas in Russia the tsar pretty much controlled everything and the peasants/serfs were almost literally slaves with no freedom compared to the serfs in many 'Western' areas who enjoyed some relative freedom.