> something happens
> Country is perma fucked
Wow... nice!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tyDbq5HRs0o
youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzzz5DdzyWY
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-solar-farm-20150209-story.html
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/11/death-calif-solar-farms-71-species-bird-found-enti/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Use nuclear power
>Don't be a retard when picking the location to build the power plant
>Use multiple safety and redundancy systems
>Get pic related

How is Japan perma-fucked?

anime

>Plant sunflowers everywhere. They draw up radiation.
>In 4 seasons, the radiation levels return to normal.

Not perma-fucked.

>fukushima
literally nothing. If this were the 60's there would be people living at ground zero and they would be fine except for a slightly increased cancer risk during old age.

>>Don't be a retard when picking the location to build the power plant
Where was it supposed to be built?

>> something happens

Vauge

Away from zones at risk of major natural disasters. Granted, that rules out Japan.

But, how does nuclear radiation effect anime?

Japan BTFO

Who do you think makes the anime dumb dumb the gooks you nuke the gooks you nuke the animes and it becomes godzilla big so big you don't even have to fly to the moon kid you're a gorillion feet tall you're anime

Britbong here.
I honestly feel we're missing out on not taking complete advantage of nuclear and tidal power in this country.
We never have extreme weather and we have a big fuckoff coastline.
But every fucking sustainable energy attempt is fucking windfarms.
Hell we could just build a big plant on one of the many tiny ass islands we have about the place, export energy, kick back, smoke weed and be done with it, instead we're buying energy from the fucking French of all people.

Pretty stupid design flaw actually.

When the nuclear reactor is in danger of overheating they basically pump water into the reactor to cool it down.

The pumps used to pump the reactor are basically generators that are below ground.

When the whole place flooded, the generators underground flooded first, and went offfline. This let the reactors overhead due to lack of cool pumped water (lmao seawater aint gonna cut it)..

At which point the fuel rods melted through the chamber and shit hit the fan.

Silly nippons, probably copy-pasted the reactor schematics from the amiercan student sitting next to them.

That's largely because the reactor designs we're using to create energy were never particularly well-suited to generating energy. They are, however well suited for converting uranium into tiny amounts of plutonium. They are wasteful, inefficient and outdated. Molten salt reactors are the future, desu.

What about thorium?

Man it's not even that complex, just put the cooling pumps above ground if you're building in a Tsunami prone area.

Thorium requires additional steps, as it's not the Thorium itself that's fissionable, it needs to get smacked by a neutron first, where it becomes another element (americium I think?) which will decay into a fissionable isotope of uranium after a while. But yeah Thorium is very promising.

Such a simple fix, I hope someone committed sepukku over that one.

WENDELSTEIN X7
>WENDELSTEIN X7
WENDELSTEIN X7
>WENDELSTEIN X7

Stay mad fissionfags

Best part about Molten Salt reactors? They operate at atmospheric pressures. The explosions you see in a standard reactor is not a nuclear explosion, it's literally a steam explosion, runaway heat generation overpressurizes the massive steel and concrete pressure vessel in which the reactor sits.

That, and the fact that if SHTF and the cooling system fails, a salt-plug will melt, draining the salt-fuel into tanks that are too small for fission to take place in.. where it'll cool itself

Buy canadian reactor pls

not on a mud bank at Tsunami risk

A comfy AF short Documentary about the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Molten Salt Reactor. It was made in 1969. This nigga ran hot for like 3 years. The solid fuel designs we have now were shown to work first, so they cannibalized all funding.

youtu.be/tyDbq5HRs0o

Wait...Chernobyl?

Because if it's that my advice is say to the guy that comes onto the next shift that you deliberately disabled safety protocols for the lols.

Earthquake, war, tornado, hurricane, fire, terrorism ect

Arizona

We get storm surges on coastlines and other events can cause meltdowns.

I dont think it can work in the long long long term something will happen it is inevitable

the country is not fucked and no one died so far.

>Use solar power
>blackout the entire nation
>100 million nips have to fight battle royale for functional power outlets

Leftists want any alternative energy production method, as long as it doesn't work. That's why they won't take to fission energy, it's too effective. What we really need is some expensive boondoggles that explode and fall on things on a monthly basis.

The Fukushima Failure Mode Analysis assumed that a big earthquakes and a tsunami would be unrelated events, and thus highly improbable. 1 in 100 years x 1 in 100 years means 1 in 10,000 years, much longer than the life of the power plant.

In retrospect, that wasn't stupid, that was pure corruption to save money by not making a survivable design. Well, they had a 50/50 chance of getting away with it...

Sorry, I'm kinda jaded on Asians understanding getting the concept of principle. I mean, Von Braun got it, but many Americans didn't; why should the Japanese do any better?

And the Chinese? Forget it.

>uses nuclear power with planning
>generates a stable output for your entire nation
>finally researches thorium and fusion reactors
>generates energy with little to no plutonium generated
>cleanest method of energy and most efficient compared to the other "clean energy" alternatives

We need to distribute power manufacturing across many different sustainable sources, such as wind, solar, geothermal. This way, if one power source fails, the others will still operate.

Also I disagree with the premise that nuclear power is not viable. It can be dangerous at times, yes, (see Chernobyl and WeebLand '11) but that is a very small percentage of failure. It's like saying we should outlaw vending machines because some people have been crushed by them.

>use nuclear power
>in a country sitting on top of massive fault lines and volcanoes

>be retarded Japs
>build nuclear plant in a Tsunami zone
>fail to maintain the absolutely redundant safety measures
>be surprised when cores melt because of a simple power outage

>be retarded slavs
>build nuclear plant with flaws in design and safety measures
>hire other retarded slavs to operate and maintain it
>retarded slavs deliberately turn off safety measures to see what happens
>be surprised when the reactor goes up in a ball of radioactive fire.

Simple rule to nuclear technology: don't be retarded.

>winds
>not tides
No less from a tripfag. and for those that would argue against/for solar using solar farms for your examples, I would suggest you consider solar roadways as a less fucked alternative.

Solar roadways:
youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzzz5DdzyWY

Solar farms:
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-solar-farm-20150209-story.html
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/11/death-calif-solar-farms-71-species-bird-found-enti/

There is nothing bad with location. Flooding did nothing to reactor as their buildings were sealed from water. Reserve generators had no such sealing though because expenses and profit margin. "Smart". many such cases under capitalism.

>Use nuclear power
>Summer is too hot
>No power until winter
Wow... nice!

how about 'not on a fault line'?

>At which point the fuel rods melted through the chamber and shit hit the fan.
Nah. SHTF before melting. Water in the reactors boiled to such temperature that it started to turn into H2+O2 and reactor accumulated insane pressure of overheated steam and gases and threaten to explode. So Japaneses open valves and relive steam into reactors buildings. But it contained H2 that eventual exploded from spark and destroyed reactor cooling tubes and pumping systems. THEN reactors partially melted through.

BTW reactors were of American """safe""" design. It supposed to have enough natural water circulation (via convection) through cooling tubes system even in the case of all pumps off. But of curse this circulation was not enough because Americans are dumb cunts. So next time burger engineers advertise new """safe""" reactor design kill the with fire.