What does Sup Forums think of Rick and Morty?

What does Sup Forums think of Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's untertaining when you're drunk or with friends, but it's shitty otherwise.
The writers are from AntiFa and are huge commie cucks.

Gay show made bay and for sjws.

Everyone on Sup Forums likes it. We have a good sense of humor and can appreciate a well crafted show even if we don't agree 100% with its political opinions

>hire female writers
>trash show gets even worse
bravo

Meh it used to be mildly amusing before a bunch of women and faggots sullied it up. Haven't seen anything yet that is blatant false narrative but I'm sure it's there, since women are involved.

who the fuck thinks about rick and morty?

This controversial episode, was written by a great male writer

Stop posting Sup Forums here.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

I thought the new episode was hilarious because I was able to look past whatever social commentary they might have been trying to make.

This.

Stay out of my personal space

And a power hungry psychopath used well meaning citizens fed a message of unity to take power and murder everyone they disagree with.

on tv.
therefore shit.
/thread

Whoa, just chill out dude. Ok?

it's trash

I've never seen it. The fanbase are more annoying than furfags so I likely wont ever give it a fair chance.

oh boy, I LOVE Rick and Morty.
most people who don't like it are too dumb for the show and can't understand how deep it is.

watch Bojack Horseman, though.

The whole episode mostly seemed like a critique of modern nihlist globalized society, pretty redpilled imo.

I've seen the first two episodes. It's shit.

Good analysis.
Remember "Get shwifty?"
Drinky Crow had more fucken' charm than Rick and Morty.

Maybe the show is too smart for the common watcher

kids cartoon that I've never watched.

The latest episode was good. Season 3 has been disappointing so far. Order 66 soon!

Despite people looking for deeper meaning in freshman year philosophical tropes it's not wholly bad and can at times be entertaining.
On the whole it's something agreeable that's mass produced for the general public, it carries all of the baggage that something like that entails.
I would give it a 5/10. X:RA was more self aware but I understand why it's less accessible and more niche compared to R&A.
That said Dan Harmon is a faggot and if I watch any of his shows I pirate them.

>It's untertaining when you're drunk or with friends
UNTERTAINING is exactly the word I would use to describe this cartoon

it takes a while to get used to, but it's worth it for the emotional rollercoaster alone.

the writers do seem quite a bit like cynics also reminder that cynics idolize a fucking street bum

Anyone who watches cartoons of any sort over the age of 12 can suck a dick

Yeah no. Its the same CalArts tier cancer that reddit aethiests circlejerk over with shit like 'much depression nothing matters' eat shit and die

I'd disagree, all emotional foils end in exactly no inconvenience for anyone.

Heck even the parents divorce has no effect on anyone.

fuck that show is complete jew shit

I miss drinky crow.

The reason you hate this show is purely because they hired female writers.

You guys just like being edgy contrarians. Now you hate Trump and R&M for no reason. Pol was good when you guys were still pedes, now nazis are taking over.
You ignore that R&M is actually pretty GOAT. I don't just mean that R&M is the greatest television show of all time, it's also the greatest thing to air on television, period. It is the greatest work of comedy, no, fiction ever produced.

Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon make Plato and Aristotle look like Trump and Pence with their philisophical storytelling. I'm convinced they are both geniuses. Their decision to hire female writers further shows their ingenuity, and their egalitarian hiring practices have clearly paid off, as shown by the masterpieces that are s3e2 and s3e3.

This show is extremely funny, and most of the humor is very intelligent. You need an iq of 120 to fully appreciate this show, and if you don't, you are obviously just too stupid to understand the high-brow, subtle, philisophical work of genius that is Rick and Morty.

What about leafs posting about it on the politics board of an anime forum?

>watching TV in the current year

Its Shit

Remind you of your dad?

The fact that this is so popular makes me depressed that aqua whatever and xavier got canned. They don't even rerun space ghost c2c or harvey birdman, why is anyone still watching adult swim?

B8 works better when it's not hopelessly transparent.
That said, good effort, you'll figure it out.

Actually I think its pretty funny. Granted, not every episode is killer and sometimes its a bit obvious its meant as a leftist show but at other moments I'm not entirely sure if its not a secret redpill.
Take the episode where Morty gets a baby from some sex robot, they gave the audience a clever twist by forcing.... his ehh.. his sister or whatever her name is.. to wear a burqa and hide from all the crazy men.
Obviously this is a joke about the middle east, something that killed the Charlie Hebdo cartoon guys.

you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

It's not that left wing as people think, there is a certain value ascribed to family love, Rick isn't supposed to be a role model after all.

OK, what about Xavier Renegade Angel

RM so stupid they for got they made that flying bug episode.

>i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only
holy shit you are lost

>leaf
Ok
>posting about it on the politics board of an anime forum
I guess I'm tired of shit-tier discussions like this on a decent board for politics. Whether or not it's an anime forum has nothing to do with anything

It shows that you can achieve a lot by not giving a fuck about what anyone says or thinks. Maybe you should take notes.

>secret redpill
>from a dan harmon show

do you see how retarded you sound yet?

I think it's pasta

Hi there schlomo

god i hope

kek

6/10

>Ay Morty gods not real Morty suck my dick and kill someone Morty *Buurp*. Traditions are for stupid low IQ people Morty*burp*. Life is meaningless Morty suck my dick.

No you can't, faggot.

Your mom watches soap opera's dude..

Quality

Getting better. It looks like you got a few already.

Shut up cunt

10/10

This. Only redditors can't appreciate this modern comedic genius.

It's a noodle at any rate.

The episode actually seemed kinda redpilled desu, but I can see how they would interpret it as some sort of social justice commentary. What I got was the Mortys were niggers and it showed how their societies will go to shit if left alone and they'll all kill each other.

>Reddit
>Having brains to appreciate anything worth wile

Mprtys were an obvious stand in for black people.

Morty gets into the seat of power, violently overthrows the state.

A lot of parallels with Rhodesia and Mugabe.

>Dan Harmon?
Who? Look I don't really care about the guy in charge, frankly I expect him to be a leftist mainly because of him pulling the strings, however I'm quite certain the episode wasnt meant to suggest burqa's are the shit. If anything its there to suggest they suck.
>Hurdur you like something I don't like, you must be retarded.
Yeah and I probably like other things you don't like too, I used to care about that shit too when I was underage, so you do you bruv.

Reddit: The Show

Yuruyuri a best

Reddit: The Show: The Explainer

It is, it gets dumped on Sup Forums constantly, showed up in full force around the time pickle rick aired.

>reddit thinks Evil!Morty's rise to power is a reference to Trump
>it's actually a reference to Obama

Or did you forget that the "minority" are the Morty's not the Ricks?

The last conversation I heard about Rick and Morty lasted about 20 fucking minutes and the only thing I remember being said was "Szechuan Sauce" over and fucking over again.

How to deal with Rick and Mitty fans
>have adult brother who watches this
>repeat loudly for him in person the lines from the iconic Pickle Rick episode
>"BOOM BIG REVEAL"
>"I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE"
>"I'M PICKLE RICK!!!!"
>Proceed to ask him how this exchange makes the show intelligent
>feign acceptance
>"Oh I get it. So if he turned himself into a screwdriver, he would be called Screwdriver Rick. Because the object he turned himself into is a prefix for his name now. Very funny. So smart."

Show has some good moments, I can confidently say it's okay and nothing more. Just makes me sad that Dan Harmon made such a downgrade. Community is infinitely more funny, witty, and charming. Go watch that.

WOKE

idk lol
youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs

It's funny how none of you can even enjoy a cartoon because of how deep into Sup Forums crap you are. Wake the fuck up faggots, it's a cartoon, the simplest form of entertainment. If you can't enjoy it because you focus on
>politics
>racial issues
>who writes the show
>other stupid Sup Forums shit
than you're just a faggit who doesn't get it

Not every liberal is fucking antifa

>Rick and Reddit
HURR DURR BASH THE FASH MUH RACISM
>Xavier
Portrays Mexicans as gang banging losers
Makes fun of Native savages
Makes fun of sandniggers and calls them ''sand African Americans''
Makes fun of women
Doesn't cotton to strange Chinaman with no sense of self who stand secretly by for indeterminate amounts of time

>Sup Forums is being contrarian triggers me
Now be honest, how new are you?

see

ive only seen this commie propaganda shit mentioned online

when i was a kid there was no marxist indoctrination in cartoons - dexter, powerpuff girls, ed, edd and eddy, billy and mandy, spiderman, batman, poppeye the sailor man, looney toons, all the good shit, top tier cartoons

The animation and writing are both garbage.

This.

Retarded people are trying to look into something that has no meaning. Not every fucking thing on tv is a CRYPTIC DEEP MESSAGE WITH ULTERIOR MEANINGS.

A joke is a joke, not an onion.

No. I think the reason we hate it is because it's fucking retarded. All of those things you've mentioned are things that contribute to the shows badness.

Hey, it was ok until s03e05

Thanks for posting it

I lolled.

>no rocko
>no rugrats
>no Ahhh! Real monsters
Shit list.

Hey, if you don;t like the show for the animation, the jokes or generally for the atmosphere, that's fine

But if you try to find deeper meaning and political messages in a cartoon that is supposed to be funny, I've got bad news. You're so fucking deep into the (ideology) that you interpret everything as a political message either applying to you or not

It's okay. They try to play on that "millennial nihilism" but it's hard to believe when everything they say is half joking.

It reminds me of one of those teenagers that say shit like: "I want to fucking die :)" on Twitter.

This sums up basically everything I hate about it, whacky "random" humour for 24 year olds who are slightly above average intelligence but have poor social skills

>rugrats
ew, i hated that show as a kid

the others you mentioned are literal whos

..all that and a bag of chips!

Everything is political, dingus.