SPREAD THE REAL NEWS

>After Equifax Breach, Here’s Your Next Worry: Weak PINs
>At first, she thought it was a mistake. Maybe it had to do with the fact that she was in Panama, or that her web browsers were acting up. But no: >The Equifax PINs are based on the date and time that you set up your freeze.
>“The whole point of a 10-digit PIN is that it’s supposed to be hard to guess,” she said. “And then, they have this totally transparent algorithm for assigning them.”
>This is among the worst of the facts that have emerged in the wake of the company’s announcement on Thursday that thieves may have stolen up to 143 million Social Security numbers, dates of birth, names and addresses from its credit files. Armed with that information, thieves, blackmailers and enemies can make a lot of mischief. A credit freeze can prevent thieves from using your information to open new accounts, since lenders want to see a credit report before doing business with you.

nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html

>The Equifax breach exposes some of our most sensitive personal information: names, social security numbers, addresses, birth dates and the some driver's license numbers.
>For consumers, the situation is maddening in large part because we are nearly powerless to avoid it.
>Unlike Yahoo, Equifax is not a service you intentionally sign up for and then explicitly provide with your data. Equifax, a credit reporting firm, gets its data from credit card companies, banks, retailers, and lenders who report on the credit activity of individuals to credit reporting agencies, as well as by purchasing public records.

money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/technology/business/equifax-breach-helpless/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Checked. Please archive

>nytimes com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/your-money/identity-theft/equifax-breach-credit-freeze.html

it was like that in 2007 too btw

Bump

>The Equifax PINs are based on the date and time that you set up your freeze.

AND AFTER THEY MADE THE GOYIM PAY TO SET THEM UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Holy fuck.
Double fuck. I wish I had been more vocal about the breach when the news broke.
>mfw told my roommate and his gf about it
>mfw he listened, she immediately used the security site to check herself and her family after I said don't fucking do it

Shady stuff

Yeah, many of us smelled something fishy about all this shit. It was even fishier when this shit happened that the CEOs dumped millions in stock.

Something is going on in the higher echelons in the company

And of course, the timing of when to reveal all this. Everyone is distracted by the hurricanes. Nothing at this level is ever coincidence. Just ask the wealthier 3 CEO's at equifax

Bump for awareness

Bump for actual happening

Bump for 30 posts by this autist

>The Equifax PINs are based on the date and time that you set up your freeze
oy vey, they're using gettimeofday() an a hash algorithm again

Bump

How do I go about finding out if my info has been compromised?

bump

It has

>my face when i live in ohio
>my face when i know every single american adults personal info got leaked
bump

>hash algorithm
no, just MMDDYYHHMM

It's 50/50 on the link equifax provides.
Some have reported that once you enter your info, you are no longer capable of being part of any suit against them. Myself, i attempted pic related and found it odd. Either way, i security froze my shit over the weekend and will be looking at my finances like a starved merchant. As for social security, if you're afraid you've been compromised you can call the IRS and apply for a pin. So when you file your taxes, that pin will be required.

In the end my friend, other than spreading this info everywhere, prepare for a financial hurricane with no real easy route of escape

Whoops, no I didn't eat a burger because of stress
I meant this pic

>Some have reported that once you enter your info, you are no longer capable of being part of any suit against them.
Yeah, it's part of the TOS on their security site. There is no way a judge would let that slide with how many people and to the extent of which they are affected though.

>no way a judge would let that slide
One can only hope

these three top CEO's of Equifax committed insider trading
they sold their stocks in Equifax after the breach before making the breach public

Bump

Indeed. Also, to build on the pic in this post
Some people were saying the default setting was a "you've been impacted" message just to be safe, but it turns out either they didn't remove tests of the system or it's a totally unreliable way to see if you're info has been breached.

Some user pointed out over the weekend that the site is poorly developed and most likely easily corrupted.
Yeah, but according the news 'dey good bois, dey dun nuffin.'

heres Equifax's Chief Information Security Officer
based affirmative action/nepotism right?
Name is Susan Mauldin

I was going to see what was up with it, but then I got a security warning and said fuck that.

>BA music composition
>MFA music composition
>music composition
>MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!

>The Equifax PINs are based on the date and time that you set up your freeze.
how can one company be so fucking incompetent holy shit.

Mother. Fuckers.

Equifax deserved to be hacked.

>check out my credit score
>only have $3000 available
>pay all my debts on time
>get a "good" rating
>clear off all my fucking debt
>still have a "good" rating
>don't have an excellent one
tl;dr fuck equifax

She'll be singing all the way to the bank!

Exactly
This is incompetence that has ZERO excuse to exist at this level of responsibility. This should be the headliner for every news network at the moment. After Wall Street closes today and the stock plunges further, perhaps that will bring the proper attention on this fiasco.

Never trust a musician in a professional setting. You're just setting yourself up to get played.

Oh you

How fucked am I if they said my info is "potentially" at risk

it wont be, drudge already dropped this shit the jews got to the media already
it's gonna continue being >muh irma
and then >muh jose is coming up next

This is joke, please??

You are rewarded for holding debt not paying it off just keep servicing debt until you are dead goy and you will have a nice big number to put on your death certificate

By putting women with music majors in IT leadership positions. I used to work at a medical university, was responsible for doing the grunt work of HIPAA compliance and was fired after I refused to sign off on documents stating what machines had protected health information. These documents were wrong and said maybe only 10% of the computers in our clinics had health information. Our CIO was a morbidly obese cat lady lesbian, whos previous job at the university was ironically as a nutrition professor.

Mark my words, in the coming weeks/months it will be discovered that they oursourced their IT department to pajeets.

fucking styxkikehammer666 hasnt even fucking brought this up he just rambles about muh 4d for like a week know
are you an american adult? then you are fucked you would have to have been living completely off grid
no

>How do I go about finding out if my info has been compromised?

Has some random phone number left you an automated cryptic voice message? It states

>you owe us, and pay us, or there will be legal action

Thank goodness I browsed Sup Forums before those phone calls.

You fucking walking talking shitskin
>WE WILL SUE YOU
Go for it
>WE MEAN IT
Sure
>GIVE US YOUR BANK ACOUNNT INFORMATION
POO IN THE LOO!
>HANGS UP

It the number said Government of Canada, I would've bit. But considering it was some random V1023985197, nah. Fuck that.

But it was fun as fuck trolling them.

So now anyone can check where burgers work, how much they earn ect? Noice.
One question, whou would benefit from this?
Cuz its kinda obvious (((gov))) can take whatever they want from them.

Kek

If you feel like doing a good deed for the day, next time you get that kind of call ypu should play along and pretend to be getting fooled to string them along for as much as you can (maybe even trick the pajeet into giving some revealing info away that you can report). Every second wasted on you is a second less that they can be using to scam some confused old grandparent.

Post your name address and ssn in this thread and we will check the database to see if you got hacked.

Kys Faget
1488 Raho Way
Apartment 22
New York, NY 10001
Shutzstaffel Number: 32,788

Bump

Former Equifax employee here.

This is what happens with rampant nepotism and hiring of dumbfuck Indians.

lol calling equifax customer support a couple of years ago was spooky as fuck, when it was entirely indians

even comcast at least outsources to call centers in other parts of the world besides india

Bump

Bump

my only question is when are we going to organize and remove this company and it's executives from our country

This story is nothingburger

Wut?
When they no longer have the government in their pocket. Hacking the info of only the CEOs would have been just. But we'll see the intentions of the hackers as time passes by

Bump

Bump

>Leak your own data
>Make everyone sign up for your ID protection
>Profit

When (((they))) false flag themselves

fly by nighters. it's like shutting down a bad steel company in china. a new one will be up in a week

Equifax dindu nuffin

diversity hire!

>Mark my words, in the coming weeks/months it will be discovered that they oursourced their IT department to pajeets

Is there really any doubt?

If you have a credit score, you're hit

ever see the end of Fight Club?

if they don't hire poos to write shit code what will the red teams do with their time?

Bump

All that information was already out there. The credit bureaus will sell it to whoever wants it. I used to work for Clear Channel doing phone surveys. We bought all of our phone numbers from Experian. Millions of peoples numbers that had only given their phone number to their bank.

Actually doing their jobs?

bump

Fake news your info has been on the internet for years goy. Just lol if this one hack is what scares you.

bump

>fake news

The credit bureau's are literally

>huge SQL database
>bunch of bug-infested pajeet-written shell scripts that try to grep data and insert it into above database
>0 human oversight
>call center is based in bangladere
>payments are all collected by website

you have absolutely 0 oversight over your "file'

it's literally the biggest scam I have ever hears of.

FUN FACT: paying off debt fucks your credit. if you have a defaulted debt (R9), and you havent made payments in 5 years but decide to pay it off, it will be marked as paid off but still remains an R9 (lol). except instead of the item having dropped off your credit in 6 years (ie in 1 year) now the timer gets reset goy and your credit will be ruined for an extra 6 years (11 years total) since equifax uses "date of last activity" when counting credit items

Comcast is no more. The new company is shutting down the offshore service centers.

Bump

Bump

bump

bump

Bump