It's a scene where the character quotes a famous book/myth/historical event to make himself look smart or to imply the...

>It's a scene where the character quotes a famous book/myth/historical event to make himself look smart or to imply the author's self-awareness for his own work as a masterpiece in comparison

Why do people think like this?

>not grasping the massive artistic depth of Akane's moe

Just to clarify: I don't think it's right to use allusions in any form of writing for the sake of trying to be witty, as opposed to actually establishing a thoughtful connection that the story has already accomplished by itself.

>implying real people don't do that

That don't mean they're any more right.

Being wrong isn't against the rules.

>I don't think it's right to use allusions in any form of writing
I'm getting this vibe from your thread so far

>imply the author's self-awareness for his own work as a masterpiece in comparison
woah, I don't think I've ever seen it done on that level before

sometimes a quote is just a quote

yes

>any reference is pretentious
you sound illiterate as fuck op

then watch anime for plebs, whats the problem?

>it's an user inferring random shit and motives of something to justify his irrational disgust for it episode

Because Japanese people want to into high culture but they are shitty insects unable to think on that level.

References aren't necessarily terrible, they're just generally done terribly by lots of anime. Psycho Pass did it particularly badly, especially in contrast with the passable writing of the show otherwise.

If I may quote Einstein on the occasion:
>Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe.

Urobuchi seems similar to Anno in a sense that he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

It means they're more correct

Name a writer that does.

Fake and gay.

RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE

>it's a greentext thread

you obviously weren't in the thread