Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PE56dcgGVMs
youtube.com/watch?v=pDsJtB2F9i8
youtube.com/watch?v=7dxsVSzL4HE
youtube.com/watch?v=3HlPcaP9x5o
youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8
youtube.com/watch?v=IKy3fCvMz-8
youtube.com/watch?v=7zOodG3F_Ds
telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/solarpower/11957337/Morocco-will-launch-Africas-biggest-solar-farm.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4E2GTg7W7Rc
energy-charts.de/power.htm?source=all-sources&month=7&year=2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Germany is a prime example of solar working

because of Jews

>b-but I heard 6 million died in the holocaust!
Normies swallow 6 gorillion because they never critically examine such a grisly topic, believing (((Hollywood))) and Allied history is 100% factual

>b-but what about the Nuremberg trials! Some Nazis admitted war crimes, so it must be true Hitler had a Final Solution to kill all the Jews!
Allies tortured German POWs. Gerstein claimed 25 million were killed, does that sound believable? At Dachau Nazis had their testicles kicked in and crushed beyond repair

At Auschwitz, (((Soviets))) said 4 million died in gas chambers. Today, the death toll sits at 1.1 million (from ALL causes), though still grossly inflated going by Red Cross reports
>Auschwitz - Why The Gas Chambers Are A Myth:
youtube.com/watch?v=PE56dcgGVMs

>b-but it wasn't just Auschwitz!
At Majdanek, (((Soviets))) said 2 million were killed in gas chambers.
Now they say The Majdanek Gas Chamber Myth:
youtube.com/watch?v=pDsJtB2F9i8

>b-but the Reinhard death camps: Treblinka, Sobibor, and Belzec!
There is little to support the claim that tens of thousands, let alone 1.3 MILLION died
>1/3rd of the Holocaust (debunked):
youtube.com/watch?v=7dxsVSzL4HE

>b-but Nazis made lampshades out of tattooed Jewish inmates!
The lampshade myth comes from a propaganda film made to de-Nazify Germany by a US Psych Warfare unit
>Buchenwald: A Dumb Dumb Portrayal of Evil:
youtube.com/watch?v=3HlPcaP9x5o

>b-but I've seen Steven Spielberg's Survivors of the Shoah!
Watch the following
>The Last Days of the Big Lie
youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8

>o-ok, let's suppose you're right. Why does it matter?!
It matters because no one can criticize the Jews without being labeled an anti-semite. Denial is ILLEGAL in 20 countries
>The JQ:
youtube.com/watch?v=IKy3fCvMz-8

How many children in the Congo do you want worked to death to mine the cobalt to build all those panels?
Who's going to pay to maintain them? The homeowners? HA! Yea, like the taxpayer is going to want to foot that bill. Or do that work.

America should follow germany

>pay 2.4 trillion for technology that's expected to become significantly more efficient in coming years.

>America should follow germany

No thanks. Enjoy your diversity.

Solar is the future. Some Dutch cunt in Goymoney worked out that if you turned Ireland into a solar panel, enough energy would hit it every 24 hrs to supply the planets needs.

Because you would still be reliant on electricity from those corporations. They will just raise the price to off set the loses. You won't be saving any money at all.

>Assuming we had batteries that could store the power during cloudy days or night.
Which we don't have.

Reminder that when Germany touts its renewable energy targets a large amount is produced by "biomass" aka burning imported trees, an incredibly inefficient method

Making them has a negitive effect n the enviroment,

Daily reminder that anybody that hates nuclear power hates humanity and deserves a helicopter ride. This is a nukecentral thread now.

I like how they conveniently leave out how fucking expensive solar power is. And solar requires a much bigger footprint to produce its power compared to the nuclear power station.

You do realize that Germany imports the vast majority of its energy, right?

what about the wires

Oy vey!

SOLAR FRICKEN ROADWAYS

keep up the shitposting user

Solar energy is too communistic for $$them$$

So did South Africa.

Only high functioning societies are capable of nuclear power. German can't trust a large portion of their population with nuclear power.

solar pannels give off DC current. so about the only thing theyd be good for is powering the lights

X is about as costly as shitty decision to invade A and B

>solar is totally economical!
>why are we not shoveling public money into solar projects that private capital won't fund?

>cost less than A and B combined
>LESS... COMBINED

lol retards you only combine costs when you are trying to argue the extraordinary cost of something

Yeah, okay, who gives a shit? How is Solar energy left wing? Fuck my shit up with solar energy all you want if it's cheaper and better for the environment. I don't care that kikes are lining their pockets, kikes always are. Fucking hell why are people triggered over this?

Just a reminder that recreational mcnukes™ are based AF

>left wing

Mother fucker who do you think is giving all the tax credits and breaks on alternative fuel vehicles and solar power? The Republicans.

The Democrats are the ones that implement laws that restrict the amount of panels you can use or power you can generate.

What would we do at night for power?

isnt it obvious?
Candles

If you use solar energy, you are a traitor to your country and its economy.

>How many children in the Congo do you want worked to death to mine the cobalt to build all those panels?
All of them. I couldn't care less about the living conditions of foreigners. If they can suffer for my nation to prosper then great! Better for the planet anyways. "Necessary evil" as they say.

>be midwest
>get solarpanels
>it hails golfball sized hail the next day damaging most of the solar panels

Meanwhile they'll crop out the lithuim (etc.) mines in China shitting on the planet so you can virtue signal.

Hydro is the only one

Is it not becoming clearer to. You on a daily basis that the Unparty is the only party?

Get power from other side of the world obviously

1. Manufacturing cost would go up as limited supply of rare earth minerals is stretched.

2. When they all start losing efficiency within 10 years, we'll have to dispose of them. Where? They are not biodegradable.

Germany burns more coal than ever.
The famed green power cannot produce base load. For every kW of installed photovoltaics, a kW of fossile power has to be on standby.

This is now a thorium thread

discussion
over

youtube.com/watch?v=7zOodG3F_Ds

>MASSIVELY INCREASED CONSUMPTION WILL SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
Do I really need to explain why that's wrong? You could up the R-factor on every home in America for significantly less and not cause as many secondary problems. Solar panels require battery backup systems or your production won't be stored and available for the time of the day when you would want to use it.

>Combined

isnt it hilarious how idiotic these heavy pro green people are?
Like with the whole craze of lithium batteries being extremelly green but the whole mining and extraction process is fucking horrible for the enviroment

Who's job is it to maintain them ? Who's job is it to clean them to ensure maximum efficiency?
The thing about infrastructural gibs is you have to maintain them and poor people will destroy them for liquor money.

Yep. It's good for personal use, but that's about it. My dad is putting some in and the utility only has to buy it back at cost. Price of buying it from the utility is also driven up as more people do it.

No. It is the capitalists who are wrong. They just want to spend more money for less energy because they are too stupid to work for the government.

Morocco has a nice solar power system that doesn't use solar panels. telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/solarpower/11957337/Morocco-will-launch-Africas-biggest-solar-farm.html

I don't think that would work. Can you explain it a bit further? By what mechanism would we get that power across the planet?

>Germany burns more coal than ever

like how that one nigger tried to steal copper from a transformer box and it cooked him alive in the most painful way possible?

What do you guys think of (((elon)))

>Germany is a prime example of solar working
>for those who sell that stuff and get boatloads of gibmedats.
>It works so well that Germany needs to import power from Czech coal power plants and French and Belgian nuclear plants.

Fuck off.

>cost less than the combined cost of two wars that bankrupted a civilization, and would give a yearly return of 1/100th the cost of that initial investment
hey how hey ho I'm afraid I'll have to say no

>Germany
>an example of anything
choose

its a good example of what happens when you let a 5 year old run sim city

(((He))) is seemingly bright, but I hope he dies as soon as he lands on Mars.

kek

I wonder how many countries we'd have to war with just to secure the precious metal supply to do such a huge task. I wonder how much irreversible environmental damage we would have to do just to accomplish such a feat.
Except the power output is inconsistent and they can't control it. During some seasons they have to pay you to leave the lights on because they generate too much power. In other seasons, the rates are really high just because they can't generate enough and have to work their nuclear plants harder.
The US already does so. For example, east of Boise, there is a huge desert that is a high wind area. Windmills are built there. We already build plants suitable for the location. However, Germany was already nuclear. Other than the need to dispose of waste (which decays) occasionally, nuclear has relatively little environmental impact, if any at all.
Power can only be transported so far. Using conventional conductors to transport power, most of the power would be lost within a few hundred miles. The only alternate is super conductors which take a huge amount of energy just to keep a small amount of matter in that state.

That´s awesome, so we can sell them new ones. And my brother´s installation service company will help you with the repairs for a minor fee. Don´t worry, it´s all paid by the insurance.

Ask anyone who actually works on national electrical system infrastructure management about the problems in hooking up low-level power to a national grid.

you say it will save taxpayers money? or will it save ratepayers money? or both? please explain.

I will just leave this here.

>average house needs $30,000 in panels if Tesla does it, that need to be replaced every 10 years
>approximately 126 million households in America
>let's also assume industrial and commercial buildings are not factored in
>Estimated cost is ~3.8 trillion dollars for residential areas only
>according to epa.gov, residential and commercial accounts for 12% of our co2 emissions
>logic dictates they will want solar skyscrapers, solar electricity, solar powered farming and solar vehicles, so to cover all of our needs, multiply by a factor of 8
>Estimated cost: $30.24 Trillion
>$3.024 Trillion every year
>In 2016, the president proposed a $4.1 Trillion for everything
>Military only recieved ~$635B
>Various forms of welfare recieved around $2.4 Trillion. These figures assume we were paying for 10% of our panels at a time, always cycling out the bad ones after 10 years.
>$30.24T to buy it all up front
>$18.57T is our entire GDP
>$19.84T is our entire debt
>Iraq War cost ~$2.2T, estimated to go up to $6T over the next 4 decades
>Afghanistan War cost maginally more, meaning both wars cost ~$13T over the next 4 decades

Consider yourself refuted

would probably turn china into even larger superpower overnight, seeing as how they control almost all rare earth minerals

So it costs more to produce solar, thus it's a very inefficient technology that needs more fine tuning instead of being meme'd into relevancy for the sake of virtue signaling?

>when people continue your legacy of shitposting on /sci/

I wish someone would remake the "True communism has never been tried" gif where the guy gets helicoptered and change it to solar roads.

For every watt of solar the same amount of conventional power must be on standby 24/7.
Solar is just virtue signalling.

Worse. Solar is nothing but farming gummint grants.

This. Do you have a chart with Nuclear and Wind?

I've watched these guy's channel before. Really shows how the whole "living in the woods" thing really sucks ass.

From the thumbnail I thought the legs were those X shaped things from D-Day and other WW2 landings. It perfectly fit the context too.

who could have known paying for ammo, fuel, equipment, weapons, rations, wages and damages of a prolonged full blown conflict would be cheaper than lots of fucking solar panels
fucking moron

t.56%

uhh, yeah right buddy, but you're forgetting that the government would pay for it so it would be FREE. And energy from the sun is also FREE.
it's like you're intentionally being stupid or something with those bullshit scare numbers

I think Elon is a good marketer, but the dirty secret is he's selling cars using 90's era laptop battery tech.
The power to get the electricity to make the batteries and charge them is more costly to the environment than driving a normal car. Tesla's are rich people's toys, not a revolution.
There's needs to be some major breakthroughs in battery and solar tech for any of this to become the replacement for what we have now. We're talking transistor/ic chip level discoveries.

it would hurt other energy industries. people could lose their jobs

this

Solar makes sense for heating a pool, or cutting some electrical costs in a house. For heavy industrial needs, solar can't cut it, with our current tech. Even running a Costco warehouse is beyond the reach of our current tech.
Nuclear is safe, and the best bang for your buck. The new systems they have, like the liquid salt cooled systems are significantly safer than the 70's era reactors we're using now. There's no reason to not be using them except politics.

Did you know that the Germans were LITERALLY NAZIS???

TIL reddit comes up with a plan for everything and they're giving it away for free, wow!

have fun in 2022 when all the lights go out, krauts

Lets assume the average solar installation costs 50,000 dollars.
You could buy 588 shares of Con Edison with that money.
It pays a dividend of $2.76 a share.
That's $1,600 a year or about $135 a month.
Would that cover your electric bill?
After 20 years, when your solar panels need to be replaced, the shares will be worth more than you paid for them.
Your shares require no maintenance and will never set your house on fire.

solar is an almost worthless form of energy due to panels being inefficient and small.

the future is the same as it has always been.

youtube.com/watch?v=4E2GTg7W7Rc

>implying solar is not nuclear

i love how they don't account for how they will transport the power
also they don't realise how fuckhuge and expensive and high maintenance a plant that big would be

The government pays for military and printing of money too. That's why I don't pay taxes because it's all free. :^)

The sun is only a more distant and therefore less efficient nuclear power plant. Therefore we already have working solar power.

NO!? Really? Get the fuck out chink

Transmission loss is a communist conspiracy.

It didn't work for Spain.

That picture doesn't look like natural gas being imported from Russia

And a huge target for terrorists.

"Ah, Hans, what a nice day, the sun is smiling, and our lovely solar nation is waking up to anoth...hey, what's that black smoke? Why are the lights off"?

'ALLUSNACKBAR!"

I don't pay taxes either because they don't tax food stamps and obamaphones which are also free, i can't wait to get my iPhone 8 pro obamaphone to replace this ancient 7plus

Solar is retard tier advocated by starbucks faggots who don't know the first thing about thermodynamics and major in liberal arts

energy-charts.de/power.htm?source=all-sources&month=7&year=2017

It show a majority of Germany's energy still comes from coal and gas, and it's from a month that's favorable to sun power.

Due to and the variations you'll still need traditional energies for a while.

Why are we not funding nuclear?

This. Solar power only works in Southern Europe

I didn't know all physicists where promoting a communist conspiracy.

I don't understand the mass hysteria on the right when it comes to solar panels. I'm not an expert on it but if it's proven to be efficient and harmless to the environment, why not fully adopt it? What kind of conservative are you if you don't want to work on conserving the natural environment as well?