What does Sup Forums think of Steins Gate?

What does Sup Forums think of Steins Gate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sJEGb4MPV6I
youtube.com/watch?v=tylzZEYY_po
myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins_Gate_0
youtube.com/watch?v=YewO8J1eb1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My life has only gotten worse since S;G aired.

Contemptible VN trash

it's basically a time travel harem with a massive coating of autism and tropes on top ending with a predictable happy ending

top tier waifus

Sup Forums thinks Steins Gate is godlike and any negative comments on SG are tsunderes who have difficulty conveying their true feelings on its awesomeness.

roundface kurisu a shit

It's my absolute favorite anime the past few years, I don't know the show+movie just struck so close to home I really enjoyed it more than any other anime I have watched.

A great show. I actually prefer it to the VN.

True. Lot of top tier waifus, yet the worst one won.

Overrated as shit. The VN is superior.

Solid show that doesn't suffer any more or less from the typical plotholes that arise from a timetravel plot than any other timetravel show.

Alternatively,

A story about a guy's quest to selfishly get his conscience in the timeline that suits him best despite telling himself he is doing it for others.

Top tier

Starts out very strong, ends poorly and predictably. 6.5/10 imo.

I've yet to see the movie though, is it any good

>implying Christina isn't best girl
Mayuri a shit.

God tier opening

youtube.com/watch?v=sJEGb4MPV6I

youtube.com/watch?v=tylzZEYY_po

I feel like people who shipped Okabe with Makise preferred the anime, while people who shipped Okabe with whoever they thought was best girl preferred the VN's. Which I find nothing wrong with, it's just the beauty of having adaptations.

If by predictable you mean that he ends up with cristina and manages to "fix" everything. Well, that was pretty much a given from episode 1. The show's strong points are how they get from the starting point to that ending.

Also, implying you saw the MrBraun tweest coming, nobody believes you.

Stop. This shit is cancer. Fucking ruining my day.

>literally everyone in Okarin's life is part of the time loop/conspiracy
>thinking MeesterBrawn is any different
toplel m8

there's literally no superfluous characters, and only like 9 of them total

>VN didn't come with a Hashida route
Thoroughly disappointed, didn't even have to be a romantic sexual route. Just a route where they get closer together and bonds as best bros for life during their timetravel shenanigans.

If you think it ends poorly/predictably, I feel like you won't enjoy the movie as much as I did, considering Makise pretty much goes through a hectic time loop just like Okabe did. What made me enjoy the movie a lot though was her ending her doubts about all the world lines Okabe has visited/traveled through to get to the steins;gate line they are on at the end of the show.

>there's literally no superfluous characters, and only like 9 of them total
>This is a bad thing
Also, you don't know that for sure untill the tweest is reveiled.
Even when you expect MrBraun to be involved somehow, you still don't know how he is involved.
Also implying a predictable story means it is a bad story, the titanic movie is predictable as shit, yet it is widely considered to be an extremely good movie.

Probably the best time travel anime there is. Although I always feel the only reason anyone ever makes them is to save on animation costs, not because there's an actually interesting story to tell that hasn't been done before.

This movie turned to shit when they decided to turn the last 1/3 into a generic sploshuns michael bay flick, and it wasn't great to start with anyway.

>garden variety tsundere
>best anything

This will always be the most dumb "pose" in anime/VN/mongo. Imagine a girl talking to you with one eye open and the other closed. not a wink, no, eye is firmly closed.

Honestly, at that point the only thing going through my mind is "this is kowai m8", not "this is kawaii m8"

myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins_Gate_0

get hype

Who cares that it goes to shit? Nobody watched it for the plot.

0 is suffering.

Chaos;Head is better.

Obviously I mean the VN. There's no anime.

Watching it for Tom Cruise isn't a much better reason. The only scene worth watching is Emily Blunt doing those wonky pushups.

That non-existant anime had a pretty good opening. Only good thing to come out of that non-existant anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=YewO8J1eb1E

>scored by 1380 people
This is why, among other reasons, MAL is a shit. Why is it even allowed.

Not a single person "singing" has a voice that has broken yet. This is who I share a board with.

For me it just comes down to preferring animation as a medium. I find VN's are usually extremely tedious and dull, but I made an exception and checked out the source material because I liked the show so much.

Its a real shame they never made anything beyond the op.

I like F.D.D more than Find the Blue.

Maaaan I watched that anime when it first was airing. I was 14 and I couldn't have been more confused.

It's shit.
Plot is dumb and makes no sense, everything is dragged out, but then again what did you expect from a shitty VN.

Okabe is great and the girls are cute though, that's about it.

>there's literally no superfluous characters, and only like 9 of them total
This is a good thing, that's very strong storytelling, nothing happens by accident.
Even the lecture guy in episode 1 you think is a throwaway chara is relevant, you realize he's the whole reason Kirisu is there at all, why she knows about time travel, why she dies, etc...

I wonder how are they going to adapt those two routes, even though it's not particularly hard, and what are the things that they're going to cut.

Erased did it better.

>tfw you will never inexplicably and easily make friends with beautiful women while singing your autism as loudly as possible
>tfw you will never happily laze away summer days with them dicking around and pretending to science
>tfw you will never rebel against time and reality itself to save your waifu and the world while nearly going insane
>tfw you will never share a Dr. Pepper with a Christina

jdimsa

Please.... Don't remind me

You might have a point if they hadn't dropped that element of the show almost immediately.

>girls are cute though
Autistic tuturu character
Tomboy
Tsundere science girl

There is exactly one cute character in this entire show, daga otokoda.

You are somewhat dimwitted aren't you.

>

>tfw we still don't know what [REDACTED] is

Did they ever explain who sent Okarin those scary emails? The I'm watching you and the jell-o one?

To the people saying it's shit, what's your favorite anime and why is it so much better?

Sup Forums is too contrarian sometimes

VN was better

Moeka did

Pice of shit tbqh
>they could show us some interesting historical events like fall of Rome or the future
>instead we got shity crying nerd and autistic comapnions
Even Dr Who is better

I have never felt more connected with the past than when I read the Roman shitposting.

I can't wait for Maho doujins.

I liked Chaos;Head but I think Steins;Gate was better overall, especially its ending.

kill me

>tfw your life will never be interesting in any way

that's exactly what s;g is.
/thread

same.

You know those already exist right?

I've only seen one. Untranslated.

guhhh my feelings have never been so bad

decent, though the VN is much, much better

It could of been better if it was at all explained

>you can't put tuturu in an endless loop of death
What was the point of timetravel then?

lurk for 2 years before posting retard

Fuck off.

I agree
I really hope that Steiners TL doesn't just go into the trash after the whole, no picked up by 5bp, thing

I loved it

Drunken Kurisu makes that movie worth watching.

>Do this IRL
>Get bitten in the ass by retroactive rape claim
VR can't come soon enough.

How far the termites of tumblr have spread, and how long and well they have dined

While it is not the "Greatest anime of all time" and the VN is better, it was actually a pretty good adaptation of an excellent SciAdv VN.

>implying Annie isn't best girl

dokidoki

>Maho doujins
>all of them are mindbreak doujins

where do they say this? is this from the VN?

I don't think it's ever clearly stated, but it's implied FB told her to send them so as to scare Okabe off the path that would lead the Rounders to him.

>At no point does Okabe just lovingly ravage cristina to then time leap back to avoid any repurcusions
>At no point do any of the characters question whether Okabe has used his power to do exactly this.

There's numerous options than just Kurisu

>yfw this is the real reason tuturu is mentally challenged
>taken advantage of so often the mental damage transcended the dimensions of time and space

>send your daughter back in time to save the world
>she gets repeatedly pound by your best bro
"in time, nobody can hear you scream"

>mfw we actually get to see naked Suzuha in the new game
She sure has some nice butt.

true =\
ruka best waifu desu

It was so good. I especially loved their usage (or rather lack of) in some scenes. And Okabe and Kurisu were jusr adorable.
10/10 show.

usgae of *music. woops.

Who is reading Chaos;Child right now?

>those eyes
Whose eyes are those eyes?

I'd be grateful if you could say what ep

ive really zero memory of this being addressed in any way

It's my favorite anime of all time and here's why:

Firstly, and right off the bat, it is built on top a foundation of comedic absurdity. I watched the anime first then later played the VN. It didn't hit me until about episode 8 what the show was: literally an anime adaptation of anonymous shitposting. People pretending to be from the future on Sup Forums and the like, just making shit up.

Secondly, while all characters are basically cut and paste archetypes everyone has seen 100 times, they are done about as well as possible. Every character is likable or relatable in some way. Even Moeka, as much as I want to hate her.

Thirdly, the general meta-anime tongue in cheek nature of the dialog and action of the characters/writing. Everyone talk and acts exactly like you would expect of group of shut-in borderline mentally ill channers to talk. Using internet and anime lingo in real life like it's normal. A lot of people hate when a show pokes fun of tropes in a joking manner then does them itself but I honestly credit that to a higher double meta commentary on anime.

Fourthly, the Steins;Gate universe paints a universe wherein quantum mechanics dictates that life is deterministic. I am a fan of the deterministic model of quantum mechanics because I'm a pathetic, lonely loser and I want to believe there is literally nothing I could have done about this.

Finally, the science. Again, it's done in a joking, absurd, tongue in cheek manner. A guy just throws a fucking phone on a microwave so he can heat up his hot pockets remotely, and because it just so happens to be above a massive CRT TV, it's now suddenly a time machine. But oddly enough, it's really fucking good at consistency and believably. Easily one of the best instances of time travel in sci-fi. Only thing that was too silly was using a literal black hole to compress data.

Bonusilly, Mayuri. Mayuri is a best and a cute. ANY show would be at least a 7/10 if you dropped her into it.

No one is going to read all this.