Fucking dropped.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kd0Zwru5Ubw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nigga that shit was fucking lit

t. wants a steam powered bow and arrow

Now that is retarded

Do you even vape faggot

But that's awesome. What's your problem?

> steampunk

More like autismpunk

Cyberpunk is infinitely better. See GITS and many others

And stay gone, philistine.

Nah I like steam punk a lot of times you can actually make sense of the technology, cyber punk has always been way to far fetched for me.

Cyberpunk is too trench coat for me.

>steam punk a lot of times you can actually make sense of the technology
>goggles everywhere with random brass and gears that accomplishes nothing and serves zero purpose
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.

Cyberpunk has spawned some of the best media out there

in anime we have akira
In music we have 2814
In video games we have deus ex
In movies we have blade runner

What does steampunk have to offer?

> the order 1886
> Massive amounts of autism fandom including that guy who draws zelda steampunk

It's all part of the aesthetic and it looks cool asf

>in anime we have akira

Which is the most overrated anime of all time.

WILD WILD WEST, BABY

Thats awesome as shit

Hoping for more unique steam powered weapons

user, don't be gay.

> steambaby talking about a e s t h e t I c s

Lol

Then how would my opinion by objectively correct?

What did I just tell you?

Steam powered knifes when ?

I didn't understand it, its like they made a crossbow and just fucked that shit up

The bow bit propels the arrow and shes just aiming it and holding it in place with the string?

Steam powered mecha is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=kd0Zwru5Ubw

Liking steampunk itself is more autistic than watching this anime. You are retarded OP

Do her arrows have fletches/vanes? If so, then that "rest" is probably gonna rip them off every fucking time she fires.

>You niggers need dieselpunk

How does she even place the arrow there?

It's sort of similar to a training compound bow in its shape, though it has a trigger attached to the riser acting like a release aid (which would usually be attached to the string instead).

In all honesty, the design doesn't make any sense. There wouldn't be a need to draw the string back if the steam powered gearbox is tugging the string in the first place. The animators obviously don't understand even slightly the physics behind the energy transfer in a bow.

Also she's shit for using a compound. Recurve all the way.

Steampunk's good and all, but at least make sense with your designs, studio.

Has there ever been a steampunk design that served a purpose ? I mean have the gears and clockwork serve a purpose.

the GOAT of steampunk movies obviously

>torque bows
picked up

Zombie swordsman was pretty neat. Did he learn how to sword fight as a zombie or did he know beforehand, thought that was a little unclear.

Also totally called that they would immediately get attacked by swarms of zombies when they stopped the train.

Why don't they just invent machine guns?

>Steam powered bow and arrow?

Picked up.

They couldn't even invent regular guns.

Can't you see it's a separate component? It probably retracts by the time the fletching gets there.

This guy's voice is both amazing and weird as fuck to listen to.

what does the steam engine even propel? the bow arch? the string, the arrow?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH

>What does steampunk have to offer?

Last Exile, Sakura Taisen, The Difference Engine, Skies of Arcadia, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, amongst others.

My guess is it accelerates the arrow as it passes the bow.

Do you think he's actually American or it's just a Japanese putting on a thick accent? His English pronunciation is great but the accent on the rest sounds forced. I still get a kick outta every line he says though.

My assumption was it was assisting in drawing the bow like you'd see with a motor assisted bicycle.

> cyber punk has always been way to far fetched for me
user, cyberpunk is already here. Cyberpunk is not flashy "VR diving", it's corporations and poorfags.

rewatching it this one make most sense

I can't decide if he's an American or not, but man he's great

Japs are sort of shit at accents arent they? Probably a gaijin.

Yes, the steam is released as she pulls the trigger, and you can see the upper arm of the bow kind of ratchet up the tension of the bowstring.

>best media out there
>akira

It's cool that you're a contrarian but why pretend to be ignorant? Akira is one of the classically accepted greatest anime films whether or not it aligns with your dumb hot take.

Isn't it actually gas powered? Wouldn't you have to keep the bow preheated all the time to have it battle-ready?

The only impressive thing about akira are the visuals.

>show full of plot holes, autistic characters and teen empowerment logic.
>drops because irrelevant tech added for style points

Objectively shit taste.

Damn dude what an enlightening post now the whole world knows the truth except no one fucking cares you idiot it's still a masterpiece and a canonical work whether you're a contrarian hipster or otherwise.

How is a train supposed to "change course"?

This show is retarded

Steam powered butterknife first. I want the butter to melt before contact so I don't have to slice it.

there is no way you are this retarded
did you skip your steam class user?

>hurr durr it's a masterpiece because I said so.

Nice double standards, manchild.

Someone make a thread about this on /k/ and see how they react.

What? All I'm saying is it's widely considered excellent and it's retarded to pretend that Akira being considered great is something new, even if you don't agree.

Because there's tons of better media out there, even within just anime, and to pretend that Akira is the pinnacle of any of it is ridiculous. Other than its fantastic animation and visuals its a convoluted mess in every other aspect.

Although if you like gore and guts for the sake of gore and guts, I suppose you could consider it great.

My take is that this isn't a normal weapon. It's bespoke weird thing specifically for Ayame. Based on episode one she trains in what is probably mostly ceremonial archery and this steam bow is a convoluted way to make a more powerful bow that utilizes her archery skills.

You are confusing historical imporance with artistic merit.

Not to mention you've been using ad populum this whole time to prove your point.

Okay that's great and all but it's a minority opinion and you're well aware of that, right?

My point is not that Akira is good, it's that user is dumb.

ITT: pointless retarded banter

LUUKS LIK IT WIL GIV DOSE HUMIES A ROIGHT GUD KRUMPIN'

>I don't like it, therefore it's not a masterpiece

>goggles everywhere with random brass and gears that accomplishes nothing and serves zero purpose
Technology can still have decorative aspects. just look at any kind of consumer tech.

Imagine that in steampunk society prestige is based on the flair of your machines. Minimalist designs would be considered barbaric.

I like you.

generic zombie anime with horrible writing, retarded fantasy weapons and endless plotholes
good job watching it this far, I dropped it after the autoerotic choking device stopped the infection

Steampunk has big machinery and engineers.
Other punks have drooling retards gay faggot niggers.

Thanks for letting me know. I expect you'll never post in these threads again, since you're not watching it?

>plot holes
you know this term is reserved for when a story is concluded right? until you've evaluated the entire work, and as I may point out we are on episode 4, it's pretty pointless to talk about plot holes yet

These threads where op begins with an idea agreeing with my position?

That was one of the best parts. You see how the zombie she shot was down for the count? That was fucking gucci. It's like a next generation compound bow.

but useless-sama isnt even a pepper

>Steam powered weapons
>Protagonist is an edgelord half-(titan)
>Leading female is hypercompetent

It's fucking SNK.

He just thinks steam bows are silly. What's your opinion on steam bows user? You didn't say.

Apparently he is Half-American who once lived in Oakland

Or maybe impressive visuals are not enough to make something a masterpiece?

They fucking showed you on screen. The track switch activated and it showed them taking the branch into the mountains. Are even paying attention?

>The track switch activated
Who activated it? And how?

dont worry user hes a second year lawer he just didnt take the attention class

I think magic exist in that universe and all the steam and strings the bow has is just a diversion to hide the fact its actually a magic bow.
maybe the mc should be asexual beta male instead, thats a tested and proven to work model

Yep, trains literally stopped at every split back in the day so some pleb could go manually flip a switch to change course.

I have yet to see a single criticism of this show that isn't retarded, aside from the route they went with the whole "we have supar powars nao".

That's sweet, I'm glad they casted him. He's great.

Most people consider it impressive in other aspects as well.

That'd be quite the twist. Did they talk about where the zombies came from? Maybe it's magic shit.

>steam powered weapons aren't unique to SnK
>implying Eren turning into a literal Titan at will is anything like Ikoma having the abilities of a kabane with a human mind
>implying Mumei isn't a glass cannon that shits out at the most critical moments

Anyone who thinks steam powered is stupid obviously never had to boil water in a kettle in their entire lives.

Steam powered bow and arrow seems like a smart design to help assist in putting more power into your arrow launches.

Trains also do jumps while staying on the track

>Most people consider it impressive in other aspects as well.

A lot of people believing something does not make it true. (google add populum)

That was sweet, it got like three feet of air.
If your train can't handle sick jumps then what's the point?

Objective assessment is obviously impossible, all I'm saying is you shouldn't be shocked when others say it's a masterpiece.

It's not impossible. Very unlikely but not impossible. However, Mumei jumping up in the air when the train was taking a curve at speed and landing back on again it really would be impossible.

Mumei is just that skilled.

So skilled that Newton's Laws of Motion don't apply to her? Actually if she'd jumped off at the correct angle she might have made it, but you see her quite clearly jump off in line with the car she's standing on. So no chance.

It's anime. There is no physics.

That is a much better question. Pneumatically powered automatic rail switches are a thing, but in real life they're activated electrically. Otherwise a switch is traditionally thrown manually with a lever.

Since Yukina is the one ordered to change course presumably she is the one triggering a pneumatic switch. But I'm not sure how. Perhaps there is a lever down the track that is designed to be thrown by a moving train (via an arm that can be stuck out or something) which then pneumatically or mechanically triggers the switch. That they didn't show, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

the train stays on track because magic
the rail switches are turned via magic
the bow works with magic
people acting retardedly is due to magic
zombie ofc magic
infection stopping choker? magic

Yeah "rule of cool" takes over when you're talking about the action sequences in a fantasy show. Hardly a unique failing.