Dragon Ball Evolution Apology

animefanatika.co.za/2016/05/06/dragonball-evolution-apologizes/

>Dragonball: Evolution screenwriter apologizes

>“I knew that it would eventually come down to this one day. Dragonball: Evolution marked a very painful creative point in my life. To have something with my name on it as the writer be so globally reviled is gut wrenching. To receive hate mail from all over the world is heartbreaking. I spent so many years trying to deflect the blame, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the written word on page and I take full responsibility for what was such a disappointment to so many fans. I did the best I could, but at the end of the day, I ‘dropped the dragon ball.’

>I went into the project chasing after a big payday, not as a fan of the franchise but as a businessman taking on an assignment. I have learned that when you go into a creative endeavor without passion you come out with sub-optimal results, and sometimes flat out garbage. So I’m not blaming anyone for Dragon Ball but myself. As a fanboy of other series, I know what it’s like to have something you love and anticipate be so disappointing.

>To all the Dragon Ball fans out there, I sincerely apologize. I hope I can make it up to you by creating something really cool and entertaining that you will like and that is also something I am passionate about. That’s the only work I do now.”

nobody cares

not /anime/ related, fuck off

also
>3dpd

Well he has the balls to take responsibility.

He didn't need to apologize. He might have written the script, but it was a group of executives who approved and financed it.

Yeah 6 years later, also But anyways we all know what happens to every hollywood adaptation.

Maybe because his works dried up. Did the movie flop or did everyone go and watch it?

Who cares, he shouldn't apology, there are worse movies and no one gave a fuck.
DBZ fanbase is atrocious.

Great. Now make Toei and Toriyama apologize for super.

Shame on him, he should sell out the director and producers instead.

This is more half assed than Mel Gibson's apology to the Jews

read the rules before posting
The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

I bet he isn´t even sorry at all. Movie almost earned double the budget.

Who even cares anymore? The guy can fuck off

The movie was ok.

A quick search says he's barely done anything movie related and absolutely nothing of note since then, so it probably fucked what almost non-existent credibility he had as a writer or actor.

Fuck this cunt. I hope he always gets shit on by the fans. he should be sucking some dick for forgiveness.

why the fuck are you thinking about him sucking dick

Who even cares at this point. Anyhow, if the screenplay was shit, anyone from the producer to the director should have changed it

I wonder how anyone saw the finished product and said "This is good enough"

forgiveness is earned not given. don't apologize unless you're actually doing something to right your wrongs

I imagine its hard to turn a pile of shit into a marble sculpture.

hating on DBE now is a 9gag tier meme at this point.

He didnt gave a fuck after all these years, so why now

>anyone from the producer to the director should have changed it
Stephen Chow though it would just be easier to back out. He now made the biggest movie of all time in china this year.

Please, it's obviously a bait.
>make everyone think he's sorry
>announce new project promising he won't screw up this time please give him a chance etc
>idiots fall for it and give him money again
>it's shit again

>.za

What nation even has that? Zaire?

>take an established title be it from novels, games or other foreign media or whatever
>buy the rights to said titled
>read the brief synopsis to that title you just bought
>scavenge through the Hollywood basement for abandoned scripts that vaguely matches the title you just bought
>adapt said script and slap the title to it
>get marketing to drum up interest because look it's got the name of that work you know of or like
Welcome to Hollywood Production 101, you have now learned how to be a Hollywood movie exec

The production budget. Pretty sure marketing doesn't get calculated in there.

Yeah but then being labeled as anti jew for making TPOTC was pretty hilarious, fucking jews.

Nice discussion about the horrible adaptation of the most popular anime in tacoland that was 6 years ago. Also no fucking body is talking about the movie.

>hating on DBE now is a 9gag tier meme at this point

The fuck does this even mean?

>bwaaa s-stop posting things I don't like...! ;_;
fuck off

I think he got that label for all the anti-semitic shit he said when he got pulled over for disorderly conduct.

>scavenge through the Hollywood basement for abandoned scripts that vaguely matches the title you just bought
This nigga knows whats up.

I though that was after. Gotta check that.

Nice discussion on this dead thread though.

Honestly the movie wasn't even that bad. First of all DB is and was shounen shit all along, there wasn't much to ruin here. Secondly it was a cheap murrican production, what the fuck did people expect?

I watched it when it got out with no expectations at all and I wasn't hating it. I don't imagine that these transformer movies or all the other bullshit is much better.

>Honestly the movie wasn't even that bad.
Oh look, the scriptwriter is here.

Sure, if you have barely watched any movies. And I don't even mean the patrician bullshit Sup Forums likes to peddle. There are easily hundred plus action movies out there that are better, and action movies aren't even usually considered top tier in terms of acting or story.

You want action movies with some vaguely eastern influences, you're better off watching something like The Forbidden Kingdom or Man with the Iron Fist.

I'd imagine the movie is fine if you go into it expecting a pile of shit and just want to have a stupid time and make fun of it or something.

Sorta like the Super Mario Bros. movie.

I never watched DB:Evo tho. Maybe if I'm really bored someday and it's on Netflix or something I might check it out.

When he says stuff like this he harms the image of a product he doesn't own. This is unethical and he should get sued. Even if it's true hes ethically and contractually bound to say it's the best thing ever, he doesn't get to express a bad opinion about it. I hope this retard gets sued and learns some professional integrity in jail.

It's honestly just painfully boring and nonsensically unrelated to DB in almost every way more than it is brutally bad.

>I never watched DB:Evo tho. Maybe if I'm really bored someday and it's on Netflix or something I might check it out.
I was so horrified at what I was watching when DBE was cam-ripped on youtube that I actually closed after ten minutes to save bandwidth. The film was so bad that it was wasting my internet and they would have to pay me to watch it.

I don't know what's more faggoty. The script writer crying like a bitch, or the niggers in this thread defending him.

Toriyama actually already did.

Nobody actually watched the movie, that's why is so easy to defend that nameless script writer.

WAAAAAAAAYYYYY
Too late

>contractually bound to say it's the best thing ever
Prove it.

Realize all that money came from idiots that thought it would actually be good. Just like that Chun-li movie release at that same time. The beginning of cashing in on nerd culture.

BAZINGA!

Maybe he should get good at writing.

>expecting quality anime discussion on Sup Forums

You're late but whatever at least he acknowledged his mistakes

But did Shyamalan said something about The Last Airbender?

>I actually took my little brother with me to a theater to see this movie
>he started crying half way though
At least this movie contributed to me and my brother getting closer then ever before, unified by common hate

Pretty sure he still stands by that shitpile, and is pushing for a sequel.

>I ‘dropped the dragon ball.’

Movie was definitely after.

I just wonder why you'd adapt the part that most audiences aren't familiar with.

I mean, if this were a Japanese live action film, it would make sense to adapt Dragon Ball. But Dragon Ball was adapted after Dragon Ball Z.

I meant localized, not adapted. It took until 2001 to actually get a full dub of that part, while Z got localized in 1995.

A studio got hold of an IP with some value and decided to try and make a movie out of it for cheap so they could turn it around for a quick payday. This happens all the time in Hollywood. It was obvious to anyone who saw a clip of the movie that this is what it would be.

It's only during promotion a studio would get upset with someone in production saying something like this. No one cares now.

Evolution is better than Super anyway.

>I hope I can make it up to you by creating something really cool and entertaining that you will like
Oh no...
Does that mean what I think it means.

south africa

It's hard to make something great when the source material is shit.

>I dropped the dragon ball.

Something is bugging me

Legend of Korra has a female MC, and no one wanna make a live action movie out of it to pander to the feminist/SJWs market?

The series ending had progressive shit already, and wasn't that well recieved.

Also the airbender movie bombed hard so less incentive to do another movie.

The Super Mario Bros movie goes completely off the rails and is insane, making it a very fun watch. Dragonball Evolution deviates from the source material in favor of being generic, which just makes it really boring and uninteresting to watch.

>Starring Jennifer Lawrence

M. Night Shamallama poisoned the Last Airbender's potential as a live action movie series. And Nickelodeon tried to kill Korra themselves by pulling it from the air and turning it into a webseries halfway through a season. And then they cut the final season's budget, but still expected the full amount of episodes to be delivered.

The series only has a future as comics being released once every 4 months.

I didn't watch this but did it have anything to do with the pseudo-kaiju movie?

GiTS screenwriter should read this and prepare.

Basically Abrams got handed a script that was thematically similar to Cloverfield, and decided to attach that branding to it. But the story is completely unconnected to Cloverfield.

It's a prequel.

Is it interesting?

no. its literally a script of a movie that was written I think even before cloverfield and they slapped a vague reference to make it not suck so much.

>Trachtenberg stated that 10 Cloverfield Lane does not take place in the same fictional universe as Cloverfield.[39][40] Winstead and Gallagher mentioned that during production they were aware that the movie had thematic similarities to Cloverfield, but did not learn that there would be an official connection until they were informed of the chosen title, only a few days before the release of the trailer.[41] Abrams came up with the title after finishing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.[42][43]

>mfw watching that webm
This is insane, I'm glad I didn't watch it

Korra is garbage anyway. Night should have never signed that contract for like 4 seasons after that first season did so well.

My interpretation of his apologies is:

>I'm sorry that I messed up. But I'm actually a competent writer. Please consider in hiring me for another big project and next time I will do more research so I wont messed up. And we all know this is not solely my fault

Goddamn that is some horrid shit

>this was supposed to be a prison riot/breakout
>there are people just standing around doing fuck all

I've just now noticed this and it's making me even more mad.

>Apologize for a great series that's exactly what the fans wanted
Why would they do that?

And before you pretend the fans don't like it, retarded mexicans aren't the real fans.

kek

>Abrams
Him again.

Fucking Hollywood is like the bizarro verse; the worse you are at your job, the better you succeed.

>That fucking QUALITY

LIKE SEVEN GUYS MANAGED TO PICK UP ONE ROCK

Then perhaps you should report the people not talking about the movie, such as yourself.

If you want truly quality discussion you should go to Sup Forums.

That movie had no right to be anywhere near as good as it was.

All the discussion about the movie that this thread spawned is that it as shit and a couple on anons saying it wasn't that bad.

Hey, I'd like to see you pick up a rock without touching it, even with EIGHT guys.

Yes, sometimes discussion is lackluster. Are you unaware of how human conversations work? For someone so concerned with the quality of discussion your posts certainly haven't raised the bar for everyone else. Perhaps you should consider how you could make posts with potential for positive and engaging discussion, rather than impotently demanding that others cease discussion.

Then they'd be better off just picking up rocks with their bare hands.