Why did I binge read this until 2 am last night?

Why did I binge read this until 2 am last night?

Anyone else following this?

>inb4 it's not a manga it's a manwha

>Its a self-insert harem manwha

Still following it though.

Is it a harem though? There's only two girls and a Sauce wanna-be.

I actually find it refreshing that it actually feels like he earned his broken powers.

Ning'er best girl though

Three actually.

Orange, purple and pink.

it's not even a manwha

it's a manhua

Pink isn't going to count. I refuse to believe it.

>I'm not retarded! I was just pulling the double ruse!

Alchemy girl is probably going to be another one as well.

>self-insert harem

I don't like the art , lol art. But I'm reading the BTTH one since it is far more later than the novel one. Also its unfortunate the TDG translator needs to go to the military so only 5 chapters a week.

I can't decide if I'm look at a Naruto knockoff or a Bleach knockoff.

I have no idea what this is to be honest, I saw it trending on the aggregator site I go to when I'm not using bato.to and binged it.

Please give me the short version? Is there more to read?

I sort of dropped it when Ye Zong dies

art is the same (I call it Naruto bootleg myself) but the story is completely different don't expect the sasuke-clone to get laid, or survive

only character that has a direct equivalent is Orochimaru

It's mediocre.

Spoiler alert

Chinese Naruto slaughter's the entire Uchiha clan because they were working for Orochimaru

There's more, his teacher later on, etc. This manwha is fucking atrocious Naruto clone in art style which unnerves me.

As for the plot, it gets pretty shit which is a shame because it kept me interested for the first 100 chapters. There's a point he goes gatcha on monsters and his past knowledge becomes a deus ex machina to make sure his friends maintain the same level as him.
Then everything becomes trivialised by schools in a higher realm with the big bad going the same realm as them.

They introduced minigoddess and somehow they fucked it all up after that and since then, at least harem development for his 2 and teacher is strong.

It's garbage

yeah the point of this series is the MC using his past knowledge to be an OP dickwaver. After he goes to the higher realm he can't be that anymore. And I'm pretty sure the artist purposely made it look like Naruto to get popularity China is notorious for it's "bootleg culture" after all

I'm reading the other "new game+" series called Transcending the nine heavens. It's pretty enjoyable but seems to be more politics than martial arts (dat fan scene).

Yeah I know what you mean, but the means or techniques the author decided to use is retarded as fuck. I've read 5 other WNs and they've managed to keep it refreshing with the power upgrades for hundreds of chapters, millions of words.

Meanwhile ToG shits around with ass pull solutions to the next power up. For one I couldn't fathom why they have so many monster resources stored up that clearly surpass the population, you cut that shit down and harvest their resources.
It just would of been better if he passed on knowledge for mid level techniques or scrolls he obtained through translating the library for example. Hidden archives, instead we get invest your fortune to a pot, get a mutant link.
During this time he never fills out the other slots as well which I couldn't understand since they can eventually be replaced. That was probably my biggest gripe about power ups, author didn't say how clearly important having one monster cultivated per branch is. There's just no reason from the translations I can recall for it.

seems with the Cult of Sacred Runes the author wants to play up the "humans vs. monsters" aspect of the series now. Lore is more SnK than Naruto.

My biggest gripe is that even though the series says "MC can't do it alone" the author barely characterizes anyone save the MC and Xiao Ning

I like her but methinks Ning'er is the author's waifu

The comic's artstyle is serviceable but distracting because I keep seeing some weird Chinese Bleach and Naruto mashup while the story isn't that similar.

Currently at the chapter where he's in the city with his waifu and he got his power up from that dead emperor's coffin.

Should I keep reading? Also is he implied to the reincarnation of the emperor which is why he can asspull things even harder outside of the whole using knowledge he gained before he died?

I just read the novel and pretended that the manhua didn't exist

another series of a similar vein is Dragon-marked War god

like TDG but waaay more OP, he doesn't have a harem (yet) but he does have a "heaven defying beauty" and a talking dog

pic related it's what said dog looks like (but yellow)

True Martial World does us vs them 100x better, although I loved the potential for the onslaught but it felt too trivialised as it got closer to zero hour. I really can't forgive that method for the last boost of power everyone needed to save themselves. Also the world bends his way, but the romance isn't there at the time I dropped it due to spoilers how it doesn't change.

At least in Doulou Dou it does the relationship aspect of the group correctly.

There's also no justification for his karmic luck, he posses the advantage of knowledge and time only.

Four, if you count Long Yuyin in lasted novel chapter.
I wonder if is master would like to join his harem later...

ISSTH is my chinese of choice

MC became too much of a retarded child for me, so nope.

for me it's Long Live Summons

fucking love the MC OP as all hell, but the way he defeats his opponents is awesome, and the side characters are great too especially Hui Tai Lang and Fattai Hai, which is saying something because it's pretty rare for chink novels to have interesting side characters.. Just don't read the manhua (it causes cancer).

Another problem for TDG is the translator quality, he does it too speed wise / lack of English interpretation. There was someone who did a few pages 10 chapters down the track, and they were long, it's obvious the original chinese author probably put a fair bit of though but it all gets summarised too much.

For current reading it would be:
ISSTH, True MW, Desolate Era, Doloulu Dou, Battle through the Heavens,

Skipping chatpers: ATG since harem focused with Pheonix Princess, Chaotic Sword God since early chapters are insignificant.

I'm hoping the series that lose a bit of steam pick up again with later developments.

really?

MC is the smartest guy in the series and a fucking pedo

There are crippling plot flaws that give the impression of a retard. It's hard to bear the typical arrogance due to it.

god I fucking hate Yun Che

guy seems more interested in building his harem then exacting bloody vengeance towards his enemies

Yeah the genocidal side I'm actually content with since kings in the past would naturally wipe out enemy territories, what I can't forgive is his first born, first lover, or his wife out there alone and the guy doesn't dwell on those thoughts whenever the next piece of ass comes his way.
The author should just reaffirm his strength is just to be a warlord from time to time, instead of trying to paint it off as heroic. If you call him as it is like that, I'm perfectly fine with it. But the author can't justify the characters he creates which is fucking me up sideways whenever a new one appears. His pursuit of strength for no distractions is fine, but he should just lose one or more of the girls already with his attitude like his 1st otherworldly love.

It's on the same element of ToDG where the world revolves around the MC and not due to karmic luck or some divine power to at least plausably justify this shit.

What a coincidence. I was reading this shit up to 4 am night.

I mean harems are common in these series but the MC doesn't often pursue them at most he pursues just one and the rest just comes to him like flies on a windshield

and if there was a character that would pursue it would be the perverted, shameless type of MC not the edgy, vengeful kind that Yun Che was introduced as. Has the guy even saved his cousin and foster father yet or are they still rotting in prison?

Ehh you dropped it a while ago, yeah he saves them, his cousin triggers a flag with a clan son left alive after the carnage of his personal annihilation. Marries the Blue Wind princess but happiness is short lived since big pricks from the wider world trash his wedding, the reasons that keep him away from his women are justified, it's just he never gives a thought to them.
You could take it as he's not fretting because he can't do anything in the present situation, but maybe due to translations these thoughts sound shallow as hell.
It's a given he needs more power, but definitely as you say the women come to him and he'll accept but couldn't give a fuck after the fact.

its almost enjoyable garbage which is what goes these days