Why are employers so biased against simple, harmless body modifications?

Why are employers so biased against simple, harmless body modifications?

because i wouldn't trust somebody with any kind of business relationship who doesn't even respect their own body

>the work industry

Body mods like in OP's pic are absolutely degenerate, I agree. But what about a cool tattoo that's not visible unless you take your shirt off? Or what about eye color surgery? Prostetic limbs?

I've met a lot of people who look like you picture. They were a lot of times fun people to hang out with, but they were normally low IQ and degenerate. There is almost no doubt the guy in the pic uses drugs and is a liberal.

Most concerning to me as an employer would be my suspicion that the guy is an idiot. This is just based on my personal experience with guys with extensive body mods and tattooing. They normally strike me as pretty stupid when I talk with them.

Because it's fucking annoying and arrogant.
90% of people with body mods do it so that it can be their "thing" so they feel "unique", otherwise if they didn't the existential dread would set in that hey, they actually are irrelevant and we all die alone and meaningless

In order
>nobody cares
>stupid and visible, but likely nobody will care or notice unless it's a retarded color
>often not a choice and discriminating against the handicapped is a poor choice

also

>the work industry

That's where you'll find me. I work in industry and the industry I'm employed in is work.

>hole in body is harmless
>tattoo of obscene devil shit is harmless
>big fucking hunk on metal sticking out of your face near operating machinery is harmless
trigger hair is just stupid, though.

Body modifications are a sin and go against God's wishes. He made your body a temple, and you have the nerve to taint it? You will be burning in hell and regretting that little tattoo you got when you were 16 and being raised by shitty parents, heathen.

>the work industry
at this point they're so degenerate that even the concept of being productive is warped

After so many years, they still can't do anything right.
The absolute state of internet leftism.

I'm not going to hire anyone who cannot come to grips with the fact they are not a child anymore.

I'm a recruiter for BP. Two reasons I don't hire them:

1. Ugly, short-sighted piercings is evidence the person thinks only of themselves. Probably not a team player.

2. I think they're ugly. So do many people. Like Clients.

my cousin has body mods and he is a confirmed left-wing moron.

>cannot come to grips with the fact they are not a child anymore
that's what it comes down to. Some faggot in his 30's with his face full of shit and terrible tattoos who cant cope with the fact that you only get to be young for a while, and at some point you have to join the real world, accept that you're not as unique as your parents and teachers told you you were, and join with the rest of us who are trying to get by with as little static as possible.
They can't admit it to themselves so they double down instead.

a literal sign of degeneracy and serious mental illness

Circus will hire.

had to double check lmao

>work industry

Get the fuck out of my office with your stupid transgender business dance theory degree you idiot

I'd never hire a human freak show as long as there are normal people around.

Also, what the actual fuck is the "work industry"?

>what the fuck do you mean i didn't get the job you old white fascist pig. fuck with people

Cutting is a sign of demonic possession

>Mark 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and
>cutting himself with stones. 6But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

>But what about a cool tattoo that's not visible unless you take your shirt off?
Your employers won't know about that unless you choose to show them.

That's why face tattoos are always the "I never want to hold down a good job tattoo"

>Or what about eye color surgery?
If it's distracting it can stop you from being hired but for the most part it's ok. Rule of thumb; if you put in the effort to look like a freak you'll hold down jobs fit for a freak.

Of course, the food industry is always looking for thirtysomethings that will work for next to nothing ;)

>Prostetic limbs?
Why would this matter? This is not cosmetic at all and the only reason it would matter is if it stops you from doing a particular job.

>get tattoo
"LOOK AT ME IM SO UNIQUE GIVE ME ATTENTION!"
>get piercings
>dye hair unnatural color

Piercings are a little different than Dyed hair and Tattoos. Dyed Hair and Tattoos are something my dad encouraged me to get, unlike gay-ass piercings or ear vaginas

>Dyed Hair and Tattoos are something my dad encouraged me to get
your dad isnt a man then

His entire family were farmers and he used to beat the shit out of niggers for a living (Security, Bouncer, etc.)
A bigger man than anyone in your faggot family, that's for sure!

Hi, I'm here for the job interview.

because the people who get them are usually poor employees
they're a red flag

I'm a manager at a phone store and if you walk in to apply with tattoos that show, gauges, and any kind of piercing guess where your résumé (NO APPLICATIONS) goes?

Of course I'll find another excuse for not hiring you and I just won't return your calls but just know that I won't even consider you.

I don't need any special snowflakes that want to express themselves in my store. I need disciplined self-motivated employees who can meet quotas and get things done.

Also if you come and apply or interview with a T-shirt and jeans GUESS WHERE YOUR CHANCES ARE GOING?

That's right, the only chance to work for me is
NO
CHANCE
IN
HELL.

You better put in the effort if you want to work for me, mr. special snowflake.
You better not look like a freak that will scare customers if you want to work for me, mr. special snowflake.

I can only hope that any competent hiring agent will think exactly like me, lest his business suffers.

These. Which is why people who think rejections of piercings will indicate future rejections of actually productive body modifications are retarded.
Retard.

Body modifications are the surest sign that a person hates themselves while simultaneously lacking the drive to self-improve.
Why would you want to hire someone like that?

This is a slide thread. Stop bumping you faggots.

"LOOK AT ME IM UNIQUE GIVE ME ATTENTION"
so manly

They should be because it makes you look like a freak and a disgusting low life.

because people don't want to buy things from your fucking goofy looking ass

t. employer

it looks childish and not professional. How fucking hard is that to understand?

I think that most people with management ability are probably smart enough to make the same judgements you are.

> Works at a phone store thinks he has a real job

No one cares what you think you low wage cuck.

This

Nobody wants to know that you're a fucking special snowflake, ya freak.

I need someone who can get shit done for me and someone people can take seriously.

I can proudly say that not one of my employees is tattooed or pierced.

Want to be a special snowflake? Go flip some fucking burgers, FREAK.

>tattoo
>cool

>Why are employers so biased against simple, harmless body modifications?

Because employers are cunts. Become self employed.

Burger king will hire a freak like you, don't worry kiddo

>inb4 even they won't lol

>the work industry
Oh god I love it when tards pretend they can form thoughts. Like when a nigger activates Lawyer Mode and starts saying "vehicle" for "car."

Tattoos are for sailors and Navy vets.

ur not a real man unless you look like dis

I have tattoos of guns and shit on my torso from when I was in the military but I got them with the forethought that I would one day have a normal person job. It's funny because I am ostensibly clean cut and professional but then I take my shirt off and my peers say things like "wow user I did not expect you to be a tattoo guy"

Gets bitches wet honestly

Meh it paid off my car and house so I'm happy. I don't need to live in opulence I have enough for anything I've ever wanted so it's all good.

Minimal effort and I'm making decent bucks, can't complain.

It makes bold and clear statements about your opposition to conventional lifestyles. Conventional people are more reliable. It's really fucking simple. The freaks with green hair and face ornaments are the ones who don't show up to work because of drug binges and broken down cars on poorly-timed road trips.

Self employed doing what?

There aren't that many industries where people will take a tattooed freak seriously. Unless you open a tattoo parlor or something.

3/10

That's probably top tier

I have a tattoo on my side arm that only shows when I go sleeveless

You'd never be able to tell obviously unless I want you to know

You're so unique user, you're so non conformist in the most conformist of ways. Lel gets them dependas soaking I bet...

Actually the phrase you're referring to is mistranslated from Greek. It actually says, you all are a temple, but it's often mistranslated as you are. It means the people compose something greater than themselves. Sorry about that Greek can be ambiguous at even the best of times.

That shit scare the fuck out of people who actually accumulate money and then get to decide where to spend that money. You still can't force people with money to buy from your store so you have to regulate who works at your store. When the government decides what you can and can't do to your workers, stores end up going out of business because they can't make enough money.

You actually have to give the customer what they want. The guy in the pic is not the guy who's advice I would take on stock market speculation. Nor would I feel comfortable meeting him in a dark alley.

Would you buy baby toys from guy in pic or a man dressed as a cowboy, with real gun on his hip? Would your sensitive wife buy from such men? She/You would be stupid to trust such reckless people who are way out of their environment.

I'd take the cowboy's advice on ranching and gun slinging, the freak's advice on illegal medicine and the sensitive wife's advice on baby toys.

I had a customer at my job with pic related tattooed on her arm. With the background and everything. It was this exact picture.

It depends on how many piercings and what kind of business you're in. I work for a west coast software development company so our dress code is very lax. There's a couple guys who have face piercings who work as developers, nobody really minds. But they don't have ear gauges or nose rings or shit like that.

>any kind of piercing

No earrings? Do you just not hire grillz, or am I baited?

What about long hair?

Fpbp.
/thread

FPBP

There are two exceptions, the names of your children, and war tatoos. The names of your children are sacred to a level that I can't judge you for wanting to put that on your body, as long as I can't see it.

The ONLY visible tattoo that is acceptable AT ALL is the war tattoo, showing your service within the military. That is a do not fuck with sign/warning, and it's something I want to know, so I can buy you a beer, give you a thumbs up, and leave you alone.

Everything else is garbage, whether it's piercings, gages, tattoos or anything else.

>believing in prison memes

How white trash is Sup Forums?

If I can be discriminated by the color of my skin, you can be sure, you will be discriminated by cultural apropiation.

What if I ran from battle shitting my pants and only got the tattoo drunk on a dare.

>looking forward to getting to work with you all!

Facial piercings are a great way to tell everyone that you're human garbage.

Doesn't matter where I live. I hear the east coast is a lot more strict about that sort of thing. Anyone care to comment about the midwest or other parts of the country? How's long hair seen where you live?

>when can i start!?

I came here to point that out too. Like they don't even understand the basic concept of a job they just put words together that sound professional.

>I went to the stock market today, I did a business!

Sorry I mean irregular piercings.

Meaning 2 earrings for women, none of that 5 earrings on one ear bullshit.

Don't worry, if you tell them in the interview that those piercings aren't gonna fly they remove them.

Long hair is acceptable as long as it's neat. Same for beards before you ask.

I feel profoundly sad for the people in these pictures. They willl wake up one day and have so much regret.

Because it's the easiest way to spot a man-child.

>Hurr durr, I want a dick permanently painted on my ass cuz' it be on style n' shiet.

If they were capable of self awareness they wouldn't have fucked up their face to that degree. If you willingly turn yourself into a freak you're just fucked up and anti social.

It makes you look like the unwashed heathens that made similarly poor decisions, but ended up getting actual prison sentences.

The best part is the campaigning to make it accepted. You will never see someone motivated enough to get to the position they crave, because they can't put aside their personal bullshit and instead opt out to wear it on (literally) their sleeve.

Such modifications say:

"My own desires are more important than being responsible."

"I am aware that my body modifications will limit by ability to be responsible & attain work but I'm more concerned with pleasing myself."

Signs of a selfish cog in the machine & not a team player.

> The work industry
Learn to write first.

>trusting a man with facial hair

christ on a a cross

is everyone 14 now?

disgusting.

Where do you live that beards are unacceptable? Utah?

>if you show up in jeans and a t-shirt
what the fuck phone store do you work at where you're not making your employees wear khakis and a polo or something. jeans and a t-shirt is pretty much the same thing.

Just so you know, hitler did not support special snowflakes, gays, and anything else that tarnished his perfect efficient vision of an utopia

He would embrace my hiring practices.

He would probably have the tattooed freaks gassed.

it's not something you were born with it was something you made a choice to do to yourself. If an employer doesn't want to see it because they don't like it, that's their business not to hire you. If employers think customers won't like seeing it, again, they don't have to hire you.

>jeans and a t-shirt is pretty much the same thing.
No it isn't, unemployable. It's not even close. Khakis and polo is business casual, T shirt and jeans is just casual. They are entirely different dress codes.

no its
"LOOK AT ME IM SO UNIQUE GIVE ME ATTENTION"
"IM SO INSECURE ABOUT MYSELF"

checked

Yeah well at least she can be a whore to a rich dude and live off him

When you are a dude and look like a freak you're pretty much fucked

Because knowing the biases that exist towards such things and carrying through with it regardless reflects negatively on an individuals character even if the reasoning is initially based on simple bias.
Also people in a professional environment must work with people of various ages and backgrounds all woth different attitudes towards tattoos, piercings, and general style so the employees appearance heavily colors others perception of them. Simply put it's just really fucking unprofessional.

Because they demonstrate you are a total nigger with no impulse control.

This. Especially the drug thing. I'm not opposed to drug use in and of itself, but I've noticed the dudes who look like that pic are the ones who uber-abuse drugs. The ones you can't trust company property too because they'll see it off or steal shit for drugs.

And just being a gullible idiot who believes anything that's not "mainstream" in general.

This too, it's ironic because so many people do it for this reason that they end up being just another tool. I've known several guys who did it on the fly one day. Like at work they go "I think I'm gonna get a new piercing today!" and I try to talk them out of it and the next day they show up with snake bites or big loops or some other dumb shit. It's like a sign of no impulse control or long-term thinking ability.

At this point. Having no piercings and tattooed actually makes me more unique! I can't stand it when girls do it too. It fucking ruins them, like they have a skin disease in the shape of butterflies shooting out of giraffe assholes.

So you're expecting someone to show up in work attire before they're hired? Do you explicitly state that anywhere when you email them for an interview or do you just expect them to know your autistic conventions for working in some retail shithole?

A well trimmed beard or mustache is actually classy, even the military accepts it what the fuck is wrong with you, you fuckwit?

The six figure club, son.

>looking like a dirtbag is cool

Simple
>fascist hate anything that's different

if you wouldn't hire someone with a prosthetic limb for a job that is not impeded by their disability then your ass would get sued. You have to be careful about that one.

i don't mind colored hair, but if i were an employer, i wouldn't want my company represented by an edgy 20 year old with a ten pound solid steel ring in his nose

this guy fucking gets it. it is simple but evidently beyond the understanding of 98% of people.

I received a resume that said "Looking to be employed in the work industry" once. Right in the trash.