Why did the civil war happen?

Why did the civil war happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--iGgtRn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tariffs

Niggers

Slavery.

Even if the south freed all slaves and still wanted to secede there would STILL be a war. Am I right?

don't listen to these kikes

Too many taxes.

It was financed and bank rolled by the federal reserve. Look it up

+ influence
Niggers were just an excuse

The US Civil War was really a case of states rights vs federal over-reach.

Slavery was a catalyst issue, so it's not technically inaccurate when the yankess say it was about "slavery"-- but that's like saying that WW1 was fought because the Archduke as assassinated, when there really was a more complex reason rooted primarily in economics and balance of power.

>he believes the civil war actually happened

harriet tubman wouldn't sit on the back of the bus and demanded white privledge and general lee said no way because the south is racist and there was a war

south wanted slavery
north said no
lincoln was elected, said he didn't like slavery
south left
north said no
fight

Greedy southerners didn't want to pay fellow whites a wage to work on their plantations.

I'm actually of the belief that it didnt happen. Prove it. You can't.

>You can't prove me wrong and even though I can't prove you wrong I'm still correct fuck you
Sounds like a logically sound argument

The war happened because of deep seated cultural divides between the North and South. Slavery was one aspect of those divides. The North was steadily stripping the South of its governing power withing congress and so, much like America declared independence from Britain, the South felt it their right to rule themselves instead of giving all of their power to a distant imperial power. As a wise man once said, a government is created by a culture, not the other way around.

South lost
Still butthurt losers about it

Slavery was also holding the south back in industrialization. Why build an electric fan when a slave can fan you?

because of (((slaveowners))) wanting (((states rights))) to own nigger buck slaves to satisfy/denigrate their nagging (((wives)))

Because about half the people in the world think that the best way to advance their agenda and get rid of shit they don't like is through authoritarianism.

might makes right and the ends justifies the means, faggot

Jews

Abraham lincoln was a federalist, but had to necessarily start and end a southern insurrection that was tragically started by the Southern Jewish Press & Rich lumber/cotton barons (Jews) who unironically started the slave trade because they didnt want to pay whites as skilled workers.

Federal reserve didnt exist at that time dumb fuck. However, The Catholic church was well as British international banks (Rothschilds) tried weasel their way into the south.

>double triple
checked and yes

Idk but let's do another one. Buy guns.

slaves werent skilled laborers though they were farmers

>Why did the civil war happen?
Abraham Lincoln

Southern secession was an act that was politically intolerable to the rest of the country.

Northerners were attempting to abolish slavery but the constitution was on the souths side and the abolitionists didn't have the numbers to amend it. So the north just appointed judicial activists to courts to completely ignore the constitution (northern states had laws that freed runaway slaves, south said that was taking property without compensation). South said nope, didn't sign up for that, our colonies are leaving.
Another 20 years and the abolitionists probably would've had the numbers to legally change the constitution.

Slavery was the final straw. Secession had been brewing for 45 years. The South damn near seceded in 1850. Lincoln came along, and being the faggot he was, pissed off career politicians. The South by then had had enough, and said, Fuck All Y'all. And took their ball & went home.

thats ridiculous there were power struggles between states for the first like hundred years of the usa. south carolina even tried to secede in like 1830 but andrew jackson stopped it cause he wasnt no bitch.

>Jews
In a nutshell.

Slavery was an outmoded form of "employment." The corporations of the north saw all the cheap labor owned by rich plantation owners and wanted a piece of their pie.

I doubt the federal reserve system would have been possible with either the plantation/slavery system still intact or if the South was successful in succeeding.

Andrew Jackson successfully fought off the parasitic Jewish banking system. If you really read about what he stood for and against, and the policies he supported and imposed, you can easily see he was the greatest president of all time.

(It's not a cohencidence who's swinging from trees in the image and it's not a 'shop either.)

Someone rolled a 1 during the election

The tariffs had already been lowered by 1860.
If the South had freed all slaves, there would be no need to secede.
You can listen to Confederate politicians, who issued documents explaining their reasons for slavery. Those documents say quite clearly that the cause of secession was slavery.
The Federal Reserve did not exist at the time.
Whenever self-determination and slavery were in conflict, the Confederate government always took the side of slavery. Many white people in the South were opposed to secession. The Confederate government suppressed them brutally.
>lincoln was elected, said he didn't like slavery
Lincoln was not an abolitionist. He was a pragmatist above all things. Frederick Douglass resented Lincoln's reluctance to grant rights to blacks, but Lincoln could not afford to risk alienating proslavery whites in the North.
>The North was steadily stripping the South of its governing power withing congress
Not true. Southern states were not denied representation in 1860.
>felt it their right to rule themselves instead of giving all of their power to a distant imperial power
What exactly was the federal government doing in 1860 that was so bad? Most Americans had no contact with the federal government except through the Postal Service.
It's true that Robert E. Lee, like the Confederacy itself, respected law above all things, but he did own slaves, and whipped them cruelly when they tried to escape. He even allowed his men to kidnap and enslave free blacks in Pennsylvania during the Gettysburg campaign.
>slaves werent skilled laborers
This is false. Many of them were tradesmen.
>Northerners were attempting to abolish slavery
Very few.
>the north just appointed judicial activists to courts to completely ignore the constitution
Not true. The courts tried to resolve the issue in favor of the slavery in Dred Scott.

>reasons for slavery
I mean reasons for secession.

the real question, how will the 2nd war start?

don't know, don't care. its the most borring """"conflict"""" ever yet burgerniggers can't get over it

Slavery

This is more or less accurate. Lee was teaching at Westpoint and then war broke out. I can't remember who attacked first. Lee anticipated he would be asked to lead the Union, after much success leading American forces in the Spanish-American war. So he sent a resignation letter to Lincoln and I believe someone at Westpoint. He says in it he did not want to fight against his home state and subsequently would not ever 'raise my (his) sword' again unless it was 'in defense of my(his) home state'

Well war broke out and Virgina was sort of the economic heart of the south, or at least one of the main ones, so they were going to be targeted early. He met with Confederate president (forget his name) and they asked if he'd lead Virginia, and he said yes, because it was to defend his home state

He also didn't own slaves l, though I believe people in his wife's family did. Google 'Robert e Lee letters' and you can find a book written by his son with some commentary on basically every letter Robert E Lee ever wrote. Good stuff, especially for American history buffs

620,000 americans died in the civil war as much as all other american deaths in all other wars combined. this is why we think its a huge deal. of course you warmongering french dont think its a big conflict you lost a million in the napoleonic wars and another million in ww1

Tariffs were raised to 40% in 1860 by the previous president.

The Corwin amendment would have prevented the Federal Government from interfering with the institution of slavery.

(((Northerners)))

youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--iGgtRn8

>north said no

The North had no power challenge the legality of slavery in states where it already existed

>lincoln was elected, said he didn't like slavery

Lincoln also said if he could keep the South in the Union without freeing a single slave, he would do it.

It was over the economic and social institution of slavery. They themselves said it multiple times. What's the big deal in acknowledging that? It's not like we don't know that niggers are inferior, here.

If anything, the only real reasons slavery was retarded in the case of the U.S. were:

>A) It was less efficient than just hiring cheap help like poorer european immigrants.
>B) It resulted in millions and millions of niggers living in the U.S. to this day.

A lot of southern boys didnt see themselves as "un-american" in fact a lot of them saw themselves fighting the second american revolution. the rank and file had no reason to give a shit about slavery as only 3% of southerners owned slaves. Granted that 3% owned a shit zillion slaves.

Ever see the movie Lincoln? The abolition of slavery wasnt an objective of the North until the Gettysburg Address and the Emancipation Proclamation. Even so it still took a heated debate in congress to ban slavery even late into the war. In fact the writing was on the wall, the south was going to lose by the time they banned slavery.

Why do leftists inherently hate the South?
I can't think of why I hated the South when I was a young lefty.
Is it as simple as Bible, guns, beer, and slavery?

>Lee was teaching at Westpoint and then war broke out

His last command as a US Army officer was Fort Mason, Texas which he held until February, 1861.

>I can't remember who attacked first.
>what is Fort Sumter

>Spanish-American war

Did not occur until 28 years after his death

>Well war broke out and Virgina was sort of the economic heart of the south, or at least one of the main ones, so they were going to be targeted early.

Virginia was one of the last states to leave the Union and only did so after being ordered to raise troops in suppressing the Confederacy

>He met with Confederate president (forget his name)

Jefferson fucking Davis

Jesus Christ, is this what qualifies as a passing grade in history class? We're fucked.

>A lot of southern boys didnt see themselves as "un-american" in fact a lot of them saw themselves fighting the second american revolution.
Well holy shit, I've never thought about it this way before.
They were resisting proto-globalist tyranny.

It took you this long to figure that out?

Public education, man.

the conquest of America by Massachusetts

Give me a break.. the same reason as innagration of immagrants and women into the workforce and depreciating college degree value

The industrial revolution

Technological and economic liberty leads to less jobs and opportunity for abundant prosperity

The 4 month work year

This

Beware the Bostonite

You might want to start. There was a book published, IIRC, about hoe the NYC markets and banks were fucking the South over and it would lead to war.

pretty much
The south was basically playing protectionist over their outdated industry.

Wasn't the development of the steam engine a driving force in all of this. The ownership of slaves undercut the market so they had to be freed to allow for industrialization of the south to commence.

Hillary's great great great great grandfather,
Beauregarde P. Rodham, just would not shut the fuck up!