Sailor Moon thread

Sailor Moon thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SHficeNF_Y8?t=83
a.pomf.cat/gcriyr.webm
youtu.be/2RE5Tq3V0a8?t=161
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you be interested in a sailor moon nes game?

When I graduate, if I graduate, I gotta finish my Sailor Moon work.

No. Why?

Stars is my favorite season.

Stars was great, but how can it be your favorite when...

>no mamo
>no chibiusa
>really no inners, who were replaced by starlights and outers, most unforgivably at the end.

Yeah. That's right, Makoto. You can't do anything, because they don't care about you. You are nothing to them.

dats racist, Usagi

Usagi don't give a fuck.

of course not she has white passing privilege

Oppositio Senshi best senshi.

Sailor Moon is for little girls

Which one ?

I only know the SNES one.

leave it to beta jap male to not want to dance with best girl

Height is an attractive aspect of Jupiter

It's my favorite too.
>no Chibiusa
>no Mamoru
That's exactly what makes it interesting for me, as Chibiusa is kinda obnoxious. While Mamoru have turned into boring character since Sailor Moon R.

There really isn't enough love for Mako.

>Tall, brash delinquent that can beat you up
>Best Girl

Pick one and only one.

>tfw no tall, motherly gf to head pat you and hold you close at night

What is sex with Sailor Mercury like?

gentle

Kind of surprising to learn

>Tall, brash delinquent that can beat you up

Sounds good to me

wet

I remember having a crush on Sailor Mercury as a kid, maybe because she was quiet, shy and academically inclined, possibly the short hair too.

>height
She's 5'6".

Sailor Moon is full of womanlets, I swear.

Huh, for some reason I thought she was 5'8. Still, 5'6 is above average in the US and Japan.

The webm you posted also shows an appeal of her that is equally appealing or more so.

Stuff like this is why the SM anime was great.

Usagi is only 4'11". Ami is 5'2", Rei comes in at 5'3" and Minako is an even 5'-nothing.
Where do you live with such short people?
Most women I know in California are 5'6" and up. Aside from all the immigrants.

she's also 14

Old enough to bleed; old enough to breed.

>4'11
so what, does she only have an 11 inch torso?

Japs can't into anatomy.
At least it's not American Sailor Moon.

You're waifu is cripple now, wat do?

You're other waifu is black now, wat do?

DELETE THESE

You're waifu is asian... what's... new?

SHE SAILS ON A SAIL THINGY BECAUSE SHE'S A SAILOR!

>USA style Sailor Moon
This is the only thing that make Crystal S1 & S2 acceptable.

I'm mostly going off of what Wikipedia has written down for average height in the US where female height ranges in average from 5'4 to 5'5 depending on age and race. So Jupiter still manages to skirt by, possibly even more impressive if you take into account that the above starts measurement at age 20.

Not really going to complain about the Sailors being on the short side, it's cute. Kind of funny too that Moon is the leader and yet the shortest.

Still a shame how badly those feet are drawn.

shiet

I'll admit though, Jupiter doesn't look that bad in the second picture of her.

Oh, and fluffly Luna says hi.

Apparently they all had these, except Mercury who instead had a rocket powered wheelchair.

Racist

The worst part is, it was going to be mixed live action and animation.

youtu.be/SHficeNF_Y8?t=83

That face.

Fuck me, it's all coming back to me now... I was at a panel at some Anime Con a few years ago and they screened this fucker.

That smile looks so forced.

Most smiles are forced when you can't use your legs.

A valid property of a reaction image.

How would you know? Im crippled myself insensitive prick!!!!!

Okay. Why aren't you smiling?

FUCK YOU IT ISN'T

Always felt bad for her when I was four or five years old watching the dub. It offended me they'd rely on her while at the same time they'd make fun of her.
;_;

I watched the dub as a kid...now I see it, I either cringe or laugh my ass off

*if I see it

I usually do both when it comes to the original dub. Especially when it came to these "Cousins".

>It offended me they'd rely on her while at the same time they'd make fun of her.

Who did? The other senshi? Despite occasional bantz, I thought they all got along pretty well

You do realize that moonsticks is full of reddit and tumblr xD humor right?

Yes. That was the only pic from that site that got anything out of me other than a groan.

And you're not a little girl?

This really doesn't look appealing at all.

The DIC dub may have been garbage in certain areas, but at the very least it was the original animation and perhaps retained some of the concepts. I couldn't see myself watching the Western adaption, much less having fond memories of it years later.

This is a nice picture, particularly the feet, but I can't imagine Mercury painting her nails, at the very least not this color.

Looking at it now I notice how bad some of the voices sound, but it still holds some nostalgic memories for me.

What was Usagi's name in the dub?

Penny, Molly?

Serena

No, Molly was her friend who had an inexplicable Boston accent for a little while.
Usagi was Serena since her princess name was Princess Serenity.

Ah, okay.

I only saw it on TV a few times, because I started watching towards the end of its run and I was really young.

I remember getting it confused with that Sabrina the Witch animated series.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this.

It may not fit, but I actually like the accent.

Molly though feels like an incredibly well fitting English name if one had to be chosen, maybe it's because of her hair and bow.

>It may not fit, but I actually like the accent.
I did, too. But DiC's revolving door of casting meant she was gone pretty quick.
I also liked Melvin's nasally whine voice and how the dude doing the voice was basically improvising weird, nerdy shit for him to be into. Like his snail club.

Now that you mention it I think I can vaguely recall his voice as well and can agree that it also seemed like a good fit, likewise with the name.

I thought she had a Southern accent

Molly/Naru's voice was supposed to be a way of translating the osakan accent to americans, like azumanda daioh did.
I think it's a bit clever, actually. Given the delivery of her accent was over the top, but still.

DiC did a few things right, chief among them being Luna's matronly british accent.

Speaking of the cats, I never read the manga, did Minako ever have any reaction over learning that she had this sleeping in her room for so long?

Yeah, Southern is the usual choice for transplanting an Osakan accent in English since it's considered a sort of "hick" accent.
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi did this pretty well.
a.pomf.cat/gcriyr.webm

But Molly's accent is definitely New England.
youtu.be/2RE5Tq3V0a8?t=161

>he's way coolah
I can't stop laughing I forgot how bad the dub was

They got that parfait after all.

This has nothing to do with anime, please go away

Ugh,Fuck off.

Irate Gamer is cool

I know i'll get shit on, but crystal's animation in the first two seasons ISN'T THAT BAD.

Stars was the best because of no chibiusa and Mamoru. Chibiusa was always ear rape and Mamoru got stale halfway through R.

Yes, the art style itself wasn't that bad.

The main problem is just they failed to maintain the qualities.

Yes it is.

Have to agree with regards to Luna. I think the Illya Prisma dub did something similar with another mentor like character which I found charming compared to the original cutesy voice.

I also liked the voice work for the two main characters of Magical Shopping Arcade.

That is also quite the lovely swimsuit Naru is wearing.

Anyone remember the vhs tapes?

Original Jap Luna was a hot, over the hill (29ish) broad who couldn't find a man. Sure, I liked DiC Luna, but Jap Luna worked too.

Maybe there's a way to combine the two.

Oh, I was talking about the Illya character, don't think I have a strong opinion on Japanese versus English Luna.