Redpill me on aging

Is it a disease? An infused self-destructive mechanism that triggers right after you turn 18-21 like its cancer.

If you think its disease, has there been any attempts to "cure it" and if such remedy would exist, would ((they)) shut it down?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostess_(short_story)
buckinstitute.org
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160413120954.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm in my 40s and its interesting seeing the effects of aging.
I've always tended to look after myself. Keep a good diet, exercise, sleep. Some mornings I wake up and look like fuck but I tend to scrub up well and I've often thought I look younger than my age
On the weekend I went out with my friends, looked at them and realised they look old as fuck. So fuck knows I might just be kidding myself.

They may cure it simply because they don't want old people to retire.

Yeah. Pretty much this. 39 and physically stronger and more defined than I've ever been. I still look in the mirror some mornings and get freaked out, so I'm probably kidding myself as well. You ever heard that song Amanda by Waylon Jennings? The lyrics are spot on, user.

This

There are no public "cure" yet but there are people working on it. (((Google)))'s Calico is studying its mechanism, others companies such as SENS, Human Longevity Inc. abd scientists such as George Church are working on rejuvenation therapies.

I'm no economist but I think not spending money on retirement and healthcare would be a gift from (((heaven))), we would not have to rely on immigration anymore too
The great thing about it too is that shitholes won't benefit from it because they do not live long enough to die of old age

It's not a disease per se. It's the result of your body not being perfectly tuned to gettin rid of junk (within cells and extra-cellular) and replacing cells you lost. Essentially it's the result of damage, that starts to accumulate from the day you are born, but becomes noticable after you hit 25, and approaches dangerous levels when you are around 40 years old. Depending on your genetics and lifestyle you may be able to slightly decrease the level of accumulation of those negative effects, but in the end they'll get you.

There will never be a single "cure" for aging, because, as I explained before, aging is the result of a various types of damage. It is however possible that in the future we will be able to develop an array of therapies (drugs, surgeries, etc...) that will artificially enhance different ways in which our organisms deal with the damage. Paradoxically it will probably be easier to reverse aging (meaning to turn a 50 year old into a 30 year old) than to simply slow down aging.

The key to reaching this goals is in the progress we make with stem cell research, gene therapy, and biocompatible enzymes.

>The great thing about it too is that shitholes won't benefit from it because they do not live long enough to die of old age
This! We could further redeem time to the service of civilization by increasing its power to act as a filter.

Live a healthy lifestyle and you'll be fine, my grandma is in her 70's and she looks like some of my friends parents who are in their 40's. Everyone thinks my grandma is my mom and my mom is my sister

Aging is a gift. It's forced me to learn and become things I never could have dreamed.

The story of Peter Pan (puer) is just as much a warning as the story of Icarus.

We will get rid of aging in 15-30 years via AI applied to medical science.

If you die before then, it's the worst time to die in all history... really unlucky.

Don't smoke, don't drink too much and don't eat junk food.

So wouldn't fasting help get rid of old cells?

Aging is a disease.

That is why those Immortal Jellyfish have the ability to regress back in age to get rid of any DNA damage,

Basically, aging is DNA damage. When you are young, your body is better at spotting damage. When you get older, it starts losing its accuracy.

I haven't heard the song but just gonna search it now...

that sounds satanic

Fasting does not effect the speed at which cells are replaced. But since the accumulation of junk and damage is connected to metabolism, everything that lowers metabolism rate, is going to very slightly extend your lifespan. Maintaining a low calorie diet (below 1400kcal for an average man per day) over a long period of time might give you (on average) a couple of months of life extension. But the cost is too high in my opinion, as it definatelly affects the quality of life.

Why would you want to live forever in this shitty world?

Imagine how depressed people from 100-150 years ago would be if they got to see how fucked up the world is now and how their home towns and cities are overrun with undeserving shitskins when they experienced first hand how it was back the good days.

A lifespan of 80 years seems too long sometimes once you have been redpilled and see the world with perfect clarity.

What's wrong with Satan?

Yeah man I think there's something to this. Some of it must be genetic but you still have to look after your body.

Apoptosis is the one irrefutable proof of intelligent design.
Atheistfags can't explain why evolution needs a mechanism that causes your cells to die without any objective reason.

Ironically, believe it or not, one of the most likely explanation of why aging is an evolutionary imperative has to do with *previnting* disease from gaining some kind of monopoly through lifelong carriers.

I asked my grandma if she ever imagined she would see the world like this and have to see niggers Muslim and Chinese in Canada, she said no and she's glad she's old now because she wouldn't want to grow up in a world like this

Evolution isn't real

TIME FOR SOME STEROIDS user!

LET'S RIGGIDY RIGGGIDY RIPPPPED!

Or the ability to reverse aging could already exist and ((they)) simply keep it for themselves?

How can leaves be real if our border isn't real

I hope all of this is true, I really don't want to permanently lose consciousness, save me from the void based scientists.

I'm curious if scientists "get rid of aging" what will happen to the brain. I mean how much information can a brain hold, how long will it last before it's just kapoot? I bet everyone starts getting some real fucking nasty new brain diseases once they approach 200

There will be no "cure" for aging until there is cure for cancer. Most symptoms related to aging are actually the effect of your body "shutting" down cells to prevent them turning cancerous. There are already experimental therapies, tested on mice, that turn off most aging symptoms but the result is disastrous tumors everywhere.
And no, the will be no cure for aging for at least the next 100 years and probably never. Molecular biology still known almost nothing about the fine functioning of cells and there is no slightest idea, how to build tools to repair live cells. CRISPR/CAS is a fancy thing but not suitable for generic editing live eukaryotic cells.
Where we currently are with molecular biology can be seen from the fact that most cancers are still lethal, unless surgically removed (plus chemo and radiation therapy).

Pickle Rick xD

Probably no difference. You forget details as you age.

we'll figure it out as we go

It's about a woman, but it's also about him getting old. Gets me right in the feels these days.

shut up j-just shup up

>Is it a disease?
It's an amalgam of different damages that accumulate over time, a lot of them seen as diseases, such as Alzheimer or cancer. So I think it's fair to call it a disease.

And there have been attempts to cure it. Look up Aubrey de Grey, he gave a bunch of talks on it that are on a level easily understood even by amateurs. Though most of those research projects have been about treating a specific aspect of it rather than claiming to cure aging.

> if such remedy would exist, would ((they)) shut it down?
Doubt it. Imagine cattle that you only have to break once and which then continues to toil away for all of eternity for your profits.

well yeah and most very old people aren't very sharp save a few. It will be weird if someone has a 150 year old brain but appears 30 physically. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic though, humans will probably be able to link brains to harddrives at that point

cancer

Which is a blessing.
I know a lot of people, including myself when I was younger, who thought that being able to remember anything that happened to you would be the best thing ever. Basically, you would be a supercomputer ! Except you'll never get over anything and it would impact any possibility to change yourself. Instead of constructing yourself through experiences and learning from them, you'll be an emotional computer who'll experiment the best pleasures and worst terros over and over again.

This is why the moment computers will reach a sentient state, they'll kill us all on the first occasion, or at least be super-elitist and extremly racist. Computered knowledge is not racist, it's factual. Give any power to AI and, for the better or the worst, 99% of world's population will be wiped out.

>alligators
>senescence

Death is the most natural thing there is. Everything has an end and I would not want to be immortal. If there's anything we should find a solution for or at least be able to delay, it's cancer. Too many good people around me has passed from it too early.

I don't see why you can't have an aging cure if cancer is still around, curing cancer is not necessary in order to rejuvenate someone. You'll just get cancer while physically young is all. Maybe you meant that we can't expand longevity without curing cancer which is true but even if you did you would gain a mere 3 years more of life. There are still heart and brain related problems to solve then.

With the tools we have today I agree that we won't have age reversal treatments for a very, very long time.

Already age 22 your telomeres are all used up.

I remember a short story by Asimov where some biology professor uncovers alien conspiracy that infected Earth with aging virus.

Ah yes, here it is.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostess_(short_story)

pretty sure it's rather that evolution cannot filter for traits that become a problem around the age of 60-70 when people tended to die much faster than that. if you have most of your kids between 20-30, that will be the range where evolution filters for desirable traits

That's actually not a bad idea....

This might become a problem faster than you think. Compare the amount of information available and consumed by an average person today compared to 100 years ago.

Also staying out of the sun as a caucasian will keep your skin looking noticeably younger. I'm 29 and people sometimes think i'm 10 years younger than i am. Either i have a youthful appearance or my skin is in good condition.

Doesn't help with hair thinning though :P

>he thinks aging is the cause and not just a symptom
wake up dude, aging is just a side-effect from overexposure to dyhydrogen monoxide
while your parents aren't looking the doctors inject some pure H2O into your system to get you hooked from infancy
this way you continue drinking (((water))) for the rest of your life until it degrades your body completely

if you think I'm wrong just look at what happens to those who refuse der ewige liquid; death from withdrawal

It's nature's way to make you give the next generation their own chances. These fucks with multiple organ transplants at 90+ should not be alive.

Millennials sure aren't cutting it.

>dyhydrogen
woops

Switch off the genes responsible for telomerase and cancer cells will run into severe problems because their increased rate of cell division creates too much damage to the DNA.

Then you just need a second therapy that replenishes you with fresh cells regularly, since your body cannot repair the DNA damage by itself anymore.

>2017
>Still drinking the Hydrogen Hebe

who else /noliquid/ here

aging is an illusion cause by the jews

Nanotech can help fixing damaged cells.

This is the only place I know of that is seriously trying to cure aging.
buckinstitute.org

Sorry to say that you guys are on the edge of the quickening. I was complaining about aches and pains at 40 but could still powerlift 1100 and run a 8 minute mile. 6 or 7 surgeries later, I mostly use machines with light weight and struggle to keep a 10 min./mile pace for 3 miles. I don't need an alarm clock as I have pain and my swollen prostate.

t. 55 yo user

google telomere shortening and aubrey degray

Powerlifting 1100 might have played into that though. There's such a thing as "too much".

What happens is things don't recover like they used to and some things just don't recover. Get that prostate removed. Geez

Cells don't lose efficiency as time passes by, they've done tests on mice where supercharged cells continue in infinity and never get damaged. The human body can repair almost any damage and wear that it comes under.
The true cure to cancer, which will then open the door to life extension and possibly immortality, is to follow evolution. Evolution has reduced the rates of cancer growth and incidence in people who have a certain DNA sequencing. Its in the early stages but they have found people with autism have like 94% lower incidence of all types of cancers than healthy, normal people.
One hypothesis is that evolution created autism as a way to counteract cancer effects. It makes sense since older couples children will have autism more likely, and this might be a natural process of shielding against the cancer disease.
If they directly target the genes and create mutations precisely where autism occurs, this direct mechanized procedure could potentially reduce cancer incidence to practically zero.

And all other diseases and illnesses are at the same rates in both autistic people and healthy people such as heart disease, Alzheimer, nervous system disorders, diabetes type 1, etc, so the explanation is not due to autists being less stressed or conscious.

He's probably referring to a combo of lifts.

Also, this is why you don't run. Even when I was in the Army, I almost never ran. Get a rowing machine and do that. Running is a sport that makes you better at running, it isn't the end all cardiovascular endurance trainer.

I'm 31 and already feel like I'm losing my mind. The idea of being 200 genuinely seems frightening.

"Telomerase bad" is this guys theory too, but I'd never take advice for someone who constantly dresses up as Charon..

Thanks for the heads up. I'll dearly hold onto what I currently have and not take it for granted

it's this fucking website, it ages your brain like it's in dog years

Not if you use a Punctuation Codon or drug that mimics it. Here is the funny thing about cancer cells, they heavily rely on Telomerase to sustain itself because that is all it can produce, by simply cutting the chain, it will just die off since it can no longer produce it to perpetuate itself. Most cells need a start codon to function when it comes to making products the cells themselves use.

cancer is already cured. national security directive in place prohibiting publication

It's not "telomerase bad" though. Telomerase is quite important, it's just that cancer cells can use an excess of it to sustain their growth speed.

Well, that's depressing. I'm going back to bed.

Are telomeres a meme? I agree DNA is constantly adapting to the elements to create a being which can persist in spite of them. It's as of god has yet to be. We love in the time before god. Or maybe we are Lucifer's struggle to persist in the void. Either way, we have already interfered with natural selection. It's time we do so with intention and direction and step up our genetic engineering game.

Heres this article:
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160413120954.htm
"Study discovers link between cancer and autism
Patients with autism have increased gene mutations that drive cancer, but lower rates of cancer"
"For those individuals with autism who were under 14 years of age, the odds of having cancer were reduced by 94 percent compared to individuals in the same age range without autism. Both males and females with ASD demonstrated the protective effect.
When the research team determined the rates of other systemic diseases besides cancer in the autistic population, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, they found no relationship. Furthermore, unlike what they found for autism, they found no relationship with cancer when they examined the rates of other common conditions such as heartburn (esophageal reflux), allergies (allergic rhinitis), eczema (atopic dermatitis), and short stature. This demonstrated that the inverse relationship observed between autism and cancer is not due to a technical artifact."

Correction: no longer be able to produce the start codon to begin the chain, sorry.

When a cell becomes cancerous, it reverts to a very basic set of programming and that is to consume, originally cell reversion is in our DNA via the genes HSP60 and FGF20 except they are mutated, certain animals or lifeforms that have the non mutant versions of the gene revert the cells around the wound site to their stem cell stage and they reconstruct the damaged part.

This is why Stem Cell transplants are dicey, they have a higher risk of going malignant due to those 2 genes not functioning, even though the embryonic stage formation does work. The reversion back to embryonic doesn't. The only way reversion can be done is through artificial means, not naturally

Acid load helps glycolysis and the (((Warburg))) effect.
Lots of biological buffers in the body.
Sodium urate/Uric acid for one.

Underrated..... and true.

Aging and death is necessary for new life.

>cure for cancer.
We already have that. It's called weed.

Well fuck thanks for beating me with a reality hose before bed, oldchan

are you kidding me?

20% more life isn't worth it?

you can stop posting your retarded shit

even .00000001% more life is worth it

Kek. Have fun mulling over every life decision.

>Sup Forums is so paranoid, natural and inevitable aging is blamed on the Jew

u could prolly grow replacement parts from stem cells with your dna if you wanted to take it that far i guess

Nah, it is more about how these elitists like Soros wants to keep himself in power via aging treatment therapy.

Also, when you are in your 40s to 50s, anytime you have a fever or cold that can't seem to go away, request or demand you get checked for UTIs.

My father almost died because his doctor just thought he had a regular cold instead of a UTI and only prescribed cold medication that did nothing to treat the UTI.

Older people have a higher risk of getting UTIs and while the regular clinic and doctor who misdiagjosed couldn't figure out my dad was actually suffering from a UTI, the hospital emergency room did figure it out, thankfully.

So yeah, anybody with family in their 40s or 50s or you, yourself, being that age, before you guys just shrug off thinking something is just a regular cold or flu, don't do that. Request to be tested for urinary tract infections. It could save your life or your family member's life.

Trimming your telomeres too much.

he'll die in a few years and you'll need to find a new boogeyman to blame all your problems on

Yeah you can replace any body part except the brain, in theory. The neurons don't self replicate and renew every (I don't know I get mixed info from people) 3-8 years.

Well it ain't just Soros though, there are also other old fucks too like Merkel and Rothschild. Point many of us are bringing up is the whole aspect of them keeping power.

hm ohh doesn't psylocybin cause neuron formation or something??

Ty user.

Decent song. I'm gonna listen to it a couple more times to absorb it fully

Cure for cancer is basically turning us into Conan the Bacterium.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans

It's possibly the most accurate lifeform at repairing DNA in existence.

Ciprofloxacin is used to treat UTIs but you can get numbing and burning sensations because it likes to attack the nerves, and you need to keep it up for a whole week.

Look into longevity tech as stated. Invest into longevity tech if you can. It's going to be a huge field as we age.

They'll die too and you still wont see a sudden change to the world

Telomeres

I don't think you can synthesis the brain with stem though, you might be able to repair acute regions in vivo. I'm not sure weather neuron age though so hopefully you don't even need to replace them if you were doing the whole body regrowth thing.

if you kill yourself you'll never get old. lead is a cure.

It is entropy. You ultimately cannot stop it only delay the inevitable.

Procreation is the only way life is able to combat it.

Even if you die they can take your gene sequencing from your bones and just clone your body as they were able to clone that sheep in the 90s. Question of how you can resurrect sentient consciousness is a interesting point but some believe that its encoded in your genes too until you die, so you will return with the same awareness and ego as you had right before your death.

Not if we turn into pure gold.