Brit/pol/ - Dizzee Rascal edition

>Who is Dizzee Rascal?
Dylan Kwabena Mills (born 18 September 1984), better known by his stage name Dizzee Rascal, is an English recording artist, MC and record producer. A pioneer of grime music, his work has also incorporated elements of UK garage, bassline, British hip hop, and R&B.

>Where was he born, and where are his family from?
Mills was born in London. His Nigerian father died when Rascal was young, and he was raised in a single-parent family, by his Ghanaian mother Priscilla.
He attended a series of schools in East London and was expelled from four of them. Reportedly, it was around this time that a teacher was the first to call him "Rascal". Cagey about exactly what Rascal's youthful "madnesses" entailed, in early interviews he mentioned fighting with teachers, stealing cars, and robbing pizza delivery men.
He began making music on the school's computer, encouraged by a music teacher. Unusually among his friends, he read the heavy metal magazine Kerrang! and was a fan of the grunge band Nirvana.

>How did he emerge onto the grime scene?
In 2002, he jointly formed the Roll Deep Crew, a 13-piece garage collective, with former school friends. He also signed a solo deal with the record label XL. After winning a Sidewinder Award for Best Newcomer MC in 2002, Dizzee was a judge on the Sky1 show Must Be The Music.

>How did he truly establish himself as a pop-culture icon?
Dizzee's first solo album, Boy in da Corner, was released to universal critical acclaim in August 2003. His second album, Showtime, was released in September of the same year, eclipsing the peak of his debut album. Later in 2004, Dizzee Rascal was part of Band Aid 20. Dizzee's third album, Maths + English, was released on 4 June 2007. Rascal's album The Fifth was released in 2013.

>What’s he doing these days?
In June 2017, Dizzee Rascal released the single "Space" in a livestreamed teaser trailer and announced his sixth studio album, titled Raskit, due for release on 21 July 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aqoy7-joPg8
youtube.com/watch?v=eo5EXmhz01E
youtube.com/watch?v=HzCvljJIJQw
youtube.com/watch?v=_xQKWnvtg6c
youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=UPWz3Eil3qc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You guys like Dizzee Rascal?

Yeah, he's basically our favourite artist

youtube.com/watch?v=Aqoy7-joPg8

>Dylan Kwabena Mills
I like this neo-British name.

Okay, but the points about EU laws being "forced upon the UK" don't have any real validity when the UK and the politicians that were democratically elected by the population were what set it in motion. The ironic thing is that many Brexiters think that this will somehow change. Last night we had people celebrating the fact that ministers can bypass parliament and change individual laws without any scrutiny.

for

ITT: Post your favourite Dizzee quote

Here's mine:

>I'll touch someone
>Try and test Raskit, what a bumbum
>Rudeboy, I don't care about no one

We didn't vote for a political union

Don't think I've ever heard his music.

Hello!

get back in the last thread it was only on 247

It doesn't. It means on these areas, which are already EU law, they now have control. Essentially nothing has changed except now we can hold the Government responsible and not have any chance of affecting the decision of Brussels.

Also see my other post to your original one.

You're missing out famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=eo5EXmhz01E

please stop this.

I prefer Jethro Tull.

youtube.com/watch?v=HzCvljJIJQw

GO TO THIS THREAD WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE OTHER ONE

DIZZEE RASCAL IS NOT FOOKIN POLITICS

Ignore the threadsplitter

youtube.com/watch?v=_xQKWnvtg6c

thread splitting is more detrimental to political discourse than an image of a talentless ape at the top of a screen

It's not threadsplitting because the one you made isn't a legitimate thread.

DIZZEE RASCAL = NOT FOOKIN POLITICS

It isn't threadsplitting: This isn't a proper thread. He hasn't even included links. False fucking thread. This isn't the first time he's done it either. Ignore this shitheap of a thread and move on, for the sake of Britain.

Sub-par Harry and Paul sketch = Not Politics

Bumboclat

youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

Except that when the public voted for those candidates who put those policies in place, the candidates didn't advertise what they were going to do.
Hint: Nobody fucking wants to vote for immigration. Not even Tony Blair advertised open borders during his campaign

desu i didn't even see that there were no links. saw the boring as usual thread title and just scrolled down

People buy this shit?

Here, have some real Brit Rap:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPWz3Eil3qc