Baki thread

Baki thread.

New chapter edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/a/thread/138767731/#q138769219
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>edition.

That's supposed to be Musashi Miyamoto, right?

doubt that baki has large enough of a fanbase to have continuous threads like some of the larger anime/manga

>You're Pretty Good

Suddenly out of nowhere like a clap of thunder in a clear sky, the man, the meme: Motobe Izou.

I really like this portrayal of Musashi.

I will also love to see his defeat.

>Motobe!!!
>Who dares!!?

Yeah this is confusing.

Yujiro would have seen him approaching, Motobe's not that fast.

So he's asking who threw him.

also, check out this

wew

Who is Ichido Reichan?

momotobe what the fuck

It's Musashi that's talking, you nerds. Next chapter's page one makes that clear. I didn't want to change the font, so I left it as-is, so anyone reading through won't be bothered by it.

>imblying Motobe isn't sanic

a snibeti snab

>momotobe
I wish I cared enough to vectorize Aizen behind Motobe

>It's Musashi that's talking, you nerds
It sounds much more like something Yujiro would say.

Musashi hasn't been one to express outrage or indignation.

He says "nani yatsu" when he would normally say "nani mono" or something, so he's at least marginally irritated; hence "who dares?"

wait did memetobe not even change his shirt before raping gaia?

He was leaving Tokugawa's place when Gaia met him, so no

What does Musashi actually cut with? Air pressure?

The thing he's doing now seems different from his basic imaginary cutting he does without moving his body. It's like taking up swords is a step up from the basic imagination-only slashes, and then the empty-handed swings are a further step above that.

Also I remember Doppo being able to "subdue"/"negate" the imaginary slashes, what was that all about and why can't anyone else doing it?

*why can't anyone else do it

Here's the scene I mean.

He seemed to have been focusing quite hard too, but he was unable to cut Doppo without swinging his limbs around.

>What does Musashi actually cut with?
His hands. The point of all this is that his evolution of the sword led him to where Baki & friends are: fighting with the "fist".

His pure imagination slashes are complicated; it's best to just put it down as "I can sense that he could kill me right now!" type crap

>Also I remember Doppo being able to "subdue"/"negate" the imaginary slashes, what was that all about and why can't anyone else doing it?
Everybody's done it in some way or form except for Shibukawa. Remember when Baki instinctively jumped over "nothing" when Musashi stepped into the room? Musashi didn't even bother doing it against Retsu. Yuujiro can do it, he consciously chose not to do it to piss off Musashi; hence his line about "You can't chop, cut, cleave, whatever, without an actual sword in your hand". Pickle is kind of doing it by simply having an unbreakable body, which is something Musashi comments on.

>What does Musashi actually cut with? Air pressure?
its the opposite of baki imagination when shadow boxing

musashis can apply damage to things just by imagining a sword, which he will kill yujiro by projecting a third sword inside him (mangaka said yujiro dying is baki ending)

So Reichan posted volume 19 last week, and it was dated 2010. Is it safeto assume he is done with it by 2016? When is rip coming?

He's only posting v20 next and then he's purportedly done forever with pub releases. Only way to get the rest - or even know if there *is* a "rest" - is if someone leaks them.

wooo, is it me, or Itagaki almost a good writer?

That's what I am saying. Somebody needs to infiltrate his joint and find out.

What do you mean?

Are Musashi's balls the strongest spheres in the world?

I love this face. It's the happiest we've ever seen Yujiro. Yet it's also a grimace. Almost as if he is resigned to take the slice. He can take it as well as he can dish it out. He is so excited to meet the first time in his life something might manage to put him in fear of his life.

He's always been a good writer. The convict arc was flawless. The realization of Yuujiro's true character in the Raitai was perfectly written. The final arc and Baki vs Yuujiro fight was rife with complex themes and ideas. Whether or not they came across well in the translations is up to debate.

notit

I dunno if it's the happiest we've seen him, but he's pretty damn happy. I think he might have been happier at the end of Son of Ogre. 18 years of work coming to fruition at last.

Itagaki, you magnificent bastard.

The original is just a Warhol.

God bless the Chinese.

fucking hell

Wish we had a Chinaman to translate these if there's modified text, but the pics are good enough on their own.

It's probably the original DB text.

the DB stuff yes, but I doubt Motobe is saying the same things

Holy fuck, that was hilarious.

This is why I come to the internet

I, uh. I lack a real response to this one.
"Why", perhaps.

It's not a very good one
even I can do better

I hate the word moist so fuckin much

Strong is beautiful

Why is Oliva so great?

And more importantly, when we will see him in this new series?

never cus he sucks

We already have.

Is the artwork ugly on purpose?

It's beautiful on purpose.

I really hope he gets murdered by Musashi. That's one "bullshit loss" that I'd be ok with

Post your face when Oliva is the one to beat Musashi.

It's ugly as fuck.

It is a perfect depiction of strength.
The strong is the beautiful.

Q.E.D.

No. This is beyond Jojo tier ugly. I don't see why you fucks like this.

cus we're better than you are

stay tuned

The art may be ugly (tough the autor has improve) but the fights are top tier. The manga is fucking stupid, but it has the kind of stupidity I like.
>I don't see why you fucks like this.
Give it a try, maybe you´ll se why.

saved by the bell

The art is fucking manly that's what.

Ps: Musashi overpowering Pickle is bullshit.

I mean, Yuujiro overpowered Pickle when they first met. It's not that far a reach.

Yujiro is a genetic freak. Alien like no less. Musashi is just a strongly human, not even as muscular or tall as Yujiro or pickle.

Why do you assume Musashi isn't a genetic freak?

Biology works in bizarre ways, especially in this manga. Baki is small as hell compared to his father, yet comparable in strength. Je Guevaru is just some random guy who ended up becoming one of the strongest in the world. Kaku has no special blood or anything, is 150 years old, and yet he's more-or-less on par with Yuujiro.

Miyamoto Musashi's actual father was also a hardcore warrior (and possibly the inspiration for Niten Ichiryuu), so it would absolutely be easy to justify his superhuman strength genetically even if Itagaki wanted Musashi to just be an anomalous being.

And Musashi is just about as tall as Yuujiro; maybe an inch or so shorter. I think Jack is now the tallest character - Pickle was like 7'6 or something, right? - yet he isn't nearly as strong as any of the above.

Last,
>strongly

That looks cool.

The rest of the pages - along with my rough translation - is in the archive.

desustorage.org/a/thread/138767731/#q138769219

hi oni