Thoughts on the manga?

Thoughts on the manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Nausicaä-Valley-Wind-Box-Set/dp/1421550644/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462761224&sr=8-2&keywords=nausicaa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of the best.

want to see everything get animated

Get's weird when they introduce the Crypt. Everything else is fine.

Myizaki self inserts as the god queen killing literally everyone that doesn't share his, er I mean "her" psychotic extremist environmentalist views.
It's actually a work of pure fucking hatred on the level of Sup Forumsshit, Sup Forums. I seriously hope you guys realize this.
The art's nice though.

I loved how trippy it got in the second volume, even though the pacing and tonal consistency took a hit

everything from the suicide attempt onwards is an existential clusterfuck of a kind I don't think I've seen anywhere else in the medium

It's the seventh volume that get's me. I rolled with the Psychic plot line. The constant invasions and political turmoil. But once they introduced the Flame Giant as a sentient being and Naussica hiding the truth of the toxic forests outcome and nature of the current humans; shit get's too off rails.

Still haven't read it yet.
Are there scans of the hardcover box set?

I can't find the hardcover box set on my local bookstore.

How much does it cost?

Also, Nausicaa anime sequel by Hideaki Anno when?

Check the Studio Ghibli film then

Maybe after Godzilla. Maybe after he dies and Anno has to finally accept he'll have to make it himself.

You can get it for ~$35 on Amazon senpai
amazon.com/Nausicaä-Valley-Wind-Box-Set/dp/1421550644/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462761224&sr=8-2&keywords=nausicaa

Besides Nausicaa being crazy overpowered through the entire thing, the last volume felt completely out of place. It was especially noticeable because I took a break before I started the last volume.

Well... she's a quasi-religious figure, it kind of makes sense for her to be crazy overpowered
the drama and suspense comes less from what she is physically capable or incapable of doing and more from the moral and existential aspects, imo

As a character, she's still pretty shit. What makes the manga is all the other character and how well they are done, not her.

Miyazaki at his best. Much better than his movies.

Well drawn, well written, expansive world lore. I enjoyed the plot twist towards the ending where man was bio-engineered to live in a polluted world, and could not live in a clean and pure one.

That's part of the fun. Man is insane already, nearly destroying himself in the Seven Days of Fire. Then still waging bloody wars, even when pollution and the Forest threaten to wipe the rest of humanity out. It fits the motif of being the twilight of man. What's throwing in a sentient nuclear giant and a last ditch effort to cleanse the world?

Is Anno really going to make a sequel? Has he actually said anything about it recently for that matter?

>“I have no interest in doing a sequel to Nausicaa, but these days I think if Anno really wants to do it, he should.”
Last time anyone said anything about it publicly, in 2013.

Yeah, that's all I remember hearing too. Although I don't even know if I want a sequel. I think the future of all the characters and the world feels better left open-ended, rather than waiting another ten years for a sequel to be completed that leaves everything too concrete.

It's my favorite comic of all time.
Fucking shame it never got a complete adaption and is less known than the film.

>What's throwing in a sentient nuclear giant and a last ditch effort to cleanse the world?
The fact that it really does trip up the pacing and tone of the previous 6 volumes. It's not bad per se, but it really stands out in ways that makes it feel out of place.

its a great manga. I loved the artwork.

Its my favourite manga of all time and I seriously hope Anno eventually makes an adaptation of the full series one day.

One of the happiest dreams of my entire life was dreaming that I was in the sea of corruption exploring with Nausicaa and sitting under the canopy watching the spores drop. I would give anything to be able to live in that universe.

does it hit you too hard with environmental messages?

i like miyazaki's work but that shit gets old