Baki

It's time.

for the weekly baki thread.

Unless the spiny translator made one already that has died.

Other urls found in this thread:

shencomics.com/archives/1678120
youtube.com/watch?v=8e0JCmHBA44
spinybackmanga.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, if the spiny people is here, what's up with the pixelated belt in the top panel?

Never seen something like that on your scans.

I love how musashi's technique starts with a state so similar as melting baki.

Where the fuck is the normal baki trans? I saw some bullshit about five volumes from wildfang in Batoto but I didn't want to read it. They were also flaunting their translation with the chapter where Yuujiro talks about purity with muh sashi.

Korean 108 out.
shencomics.com/archives/1678120

spinyback webdesign has new grappler baki and son of ogre fully translated, they are doing Dou as it releases the volumes and the original when they have time/donations, and now it's up to chapter 152

Yeah I know, I just wanna read more grappler baki and don't wanna give Wildfang views.

Hey, spiny translator, when you come here, please, redo son of ogre chapter 257, as the version it's up right now it's really shitty.

Also, was this a foreshadow?

if you want to catch up, you can do either of these:

1.- Wait for spiny translations.
2.- Look at the raws.
3.- Watch the anime, as it covers the first series pretty well.

ohhh Baki makes an appareance again in his own manga!

What the fuck is wrong with these drawings?

this was for

Am I missing something or is this just part of the Pacha meme?

Have you never been a teenage boy?

What the hell is going on there? Did Musashi kill Pickle? Or what?

OH.
I didn't get it because I use my full hand.

No, you still don't get it

It's some retarded US game. If you look in the circle, he may punch you or something.

Americans, man.

It's the circle game.

Europeans know it too.

>Europeans know it too.
Sure thing, Ami.

Bump, what the shit happened.

I think pickle was just defeated, don't think musashi felt the need to kill him.

But he didn't show the ending of the fight at all. Anybody speaking gook?

seems pretty much finished to me

Baki is the worst character in his own manga

Indeed, but I'm really curious on how will he manage to defeat musashi.

Judging from the Russian scans and translation, Musashi is basically bored with Pickel because Pickle can't do anything to him while Musashi can't cut Pickle with his imaginary sword due to Pickle's great muscles that shield his organs. He reckons that if he had used a real sword, Pickle would be already dead from bleeding out even if he weren't able to cut through his bones. He says that he wants to try using a real sword, then Einstein scolds him because Pickle is a treasure of humanity yadda, yadda, to which Musashi replies that he does not understand the sentiments of dirty waitu piggu and that Einstein should not be afraid of the fight's outcome. Einstein yields and breaks down, realizing that the mentalities of an ancient fighting man like Musashi and those of modern Europeans are so far apart that discussion is impossible. In the end, Musashi asks if his favourite sword had been saved, which Tokugawa confirms. Musashi then says that he wants to show the world "this sharpness".

wow, thanks man! then this confirms that musashi wasn't using his ultimate technique, the one he wanted to perfect in his match against yujiro in OP's chapter.

Also this confirms that pickle muscles are denser than yujiro? as musashi actually cut yujiro with an imaginary sword

But then again, Yuujiro can hurt Musashi while Pickle can't even really touch him without going all out and is absolutely declassed in physical strength. Musashi has a hard time hurting Yuujiro but can basically hit Pickle at will.

so for now Yujiro >?= Musashi >?= Memetobe with weapons > Baki > Pickle > All the others.

Well, even Doppo got a more effective hit in than Pickle. He made Musashi bleed, Pickle couldn't do anything. Power levels all over the place as usual.

I think the difference is that up until the fight with Retsu, Musashi was just analyzing and calibrating the level of the new era he was in, as as such he let them punch him.
Since Retsu, he's not so playful anymore, and goes more serious about his fights.

P...pickle

He didn't let Doppo punch him, they struck at the same time. The sword just didn't want to cut Doppo.

that was a polite way to say he restrained himself

don't worry, it's just the scenario that would have played if musashi had real swords during the fight.

we do

So how about Memetobe beats armed Musashi and Baki beats barehanded Musashi?

Wait a second.

Shibukawa punched Musashi for killing his friend Retsu.

Have we ever seen Shibukawa and Retsu interact at all?

Reminder that we know Oliva started training hard after Son of Ogre.

He will crush Musashi the next time he appears.

This manga has some of the worst art I ever seen

That's in the raws, it's not any of us. You know page 146-147? I spent ~10 hours manually repairing the pixels for that fucking page after the raw provider gave us this.

We're trying to figure out what to do with that knowledge. Do we go back and do their work again, or do we let them have those volumes and just continue where Reichan leaves off publicly? You guys should be sated for a little bit given that you've had x many volumes dumped by Ratman. That's where we're thinking right now.

for the last time, I'm not *the* translator
but at any rate, I can probably see about it
If you looked, you'll notice that that wasn't us inn the first place, so I'm glad about that

>Musashi replies that he does not understand the sentiments of dirty waitu piggu
He's not joking about this part, Musashi does actually say something mildly racist in the raws.

But it's not that Pickle *can't do anything to him*, it's more along the lines of Pickle not understanding what the hell is happening. He's not going to go T-Rex on Musashi because he doesn't understand what Musashi is trying to do; he's not really hurting him, and he believes that Musashi "likes him".

Maybe in Maximum Tournament. It's been a while since I took a look at that. Plus, there's always a lot of off-screen crap.

what the fuck man, the raw provider needs to learn how to scan properly, or get a better scan.

scanner I mean.

>but at any rate, I can probably see about it

thank you

The problem is that we don't know who the raw provider or scanner is. I've done more than my fair share of digging and research, and only found a single potential name/Facebook account; it's one that won't reply to our messages.

>He's not joking about this part, Musashi does actually say something mildly racist in the raws.
Silly user, you can't be racist against whites.

youtube.com/watch?v=8e0JCmHBA44

>tfw caught up with the recent translations again

I can't take this shit anymore I'm about to bite the bullet and watch the anime

Where can I find the spiny translations?

It's not that bad, I promise you. It re-uses a lot of shots and does annoying panning (to Kozue, always), but everything outside of that is just fine.

10/10

Shit taste Bakis based

Why, on the SpinyBack website of course!
Or on Batoto. Or any aggregate site. I don't actually care, and I don't think our cleaner does either.

spinybackmanga.com/

I think Shibukawa had the best Ali beatdown. Doppo and Baki beat him up pretty hard as well, but Shibukawa's shittalk game/evil grin was on point

>only goes up to 150
Call me back when you guys catch up with wildfang

>Ali getting the shit kicked out of him for 10 chapters in a row to cry like a bitch
Fucking glorious

What? I thought you wanted Dou. Just go to Batoto if you wanted Grappler Baki. Nobody on the team cares about what Wild Fang is doing, we're just going to continue where they leave off.

Anyone noticed that Baki pulled a Joseph Joestar here?

This layout + the previous page's last panel lent itself so well to the text that I kinda had to.

If that's a quote from Joe or something, there's a 100% chance it's Ratman taking creative liberties.

Not the quote, the act of predicting the opponent's next line before he says it.

That bit is as old as time itself, it's not from a manga.

Who would best voice Musashi in an adaptation of Dou? I'm thinking Wakamoto, with Kinryuu Arimoto as runner-up.

Can you imagine how great Wakamoto would be at Musashi's screams/grunts?

Would you change the voices of the old cast?

Reminder that Ali beat Doppo and Gouki CLEAN and all the shit they say to him about fucking around is to motivate him

fuk u no

I just started with Baki on Friday, just finished the first series and I wasn't really expecting much from it but really enjoyed it so far. Gonna pick the manga up soon as I finish the 2nd series.

Ali Jr's legitimately strong, and basically powered up after getting his ass kicked. I was actually disappointed at how fast the fight was.

The anime in its entirety only covers the first series; season 2 is the last arc of the first series. So you've got a ways to go, my friend.

Me too, I was kinda piss off it end that way.

Did you really expect Baki not to brutalize him? With Ali harassing Kozue all the time (and in front of him), the tension alone made it clear that that was going to happen.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

If itigaki really want make a good story, make baki lose again and stay musashi forever in superiority, better, make the secondary crew (like memetobe) surpass musashi using combat/military tactics, a better version of the convicted arc

That's not a "good story", that's just a subversion. Tropes exist for a reason.

kaku op