What is the lamest weapon and why is it the katana?

What is the lamest weapon and why is it the katana?

An honorable mention place goes to the scythe.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-special-forces-use-flamethrower-6886860
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Comically oversized war-hammer.

it was made by people with cancer, that's why

chainsaw

Firearms

AR-15
Yea, if might be pretty practical, but I think they all look pretty ugly.

SA80

scythe can actually be a functioning makeshift weapon if you turn the blade to make it look more like naginata.

Yo-yos

Knives
>muh AGI
>muh DEX

anything that is dual wielded

Even fists?

staff are beta

this /thread

checked

>scythe can actually be a functioning makeshift weapon if you turn it into something that's not a scythe

>only striking with two fists
step up your game user

Bruh, many medieval weapons (especially polearms) are refurnished gardening and farming tools adapted and reinforced for use in battle. That's what happens when most soldiers are peasant levies: they use what they're familliar with and adapt it for battlefield use.

That's also why swords were associated with the nobility: an axe could be used for woodcutting, polearms were modified farming implements, huntsmen would've owned bows and arrows and maces are just fancy clubs. But only a sword was deemed a noble weapon because it existed specifically as a wartime tool and nothing else. And even then knights and samurai alike used it as a side arm, preferring lances (or bows for samurai in certain periods).

KATANAH?

>scythe
>weapon

Been playin too many vidya OP. Scythes are farm tools, only ever used as an improvised weapon at best.

1. Katana
2. Scythe
3. Flamethrower
4. Claws
5. Dual Handguns

Hooks.

>Dual Handguns
held sideways

>Flamethrower
Why?

S2 when?

The katana is good at what it's supposed to do, which is slicing through lowly armored targets, and being a good-looking ceremonial weapon.

no need to hate something because rabid fanboys smear shit all over it

I mean, it's appropriate that a shit girl has such a shit weapon, but still.

>Hurr durr, oh no people go pokey pokey better grab muh sheidl

That's you

The katana is so fucking overused.

I'd like to see Malay weapons or weapon styles like the kris, karambit or kali in my chinese cartoons.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK OP!!! GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL THAT HAS BEEN FOLDED 1000 TIMES IS UNBEATABLE AMONG ANY MELEE WEAPON!!

fuck off mudshit
your country is irrelevant

>Scythes

Please, fag. They may be unpractical but they're still awesome in look and such. Stick your shitty western whatever sword up your fat, diluted ass.

Scythe is a farmers tool. Not a weapon you fucking weeaboo.

And have been used as an improvised weapon over the ages

medieval european sword

I want to fuck Cecilia so mercilessly and roughly.

Both my mom and my sister have her name ; ;

Never her VA and coke baby are in japanese jail, unless there was some sort of update to the case.

You know your mission user.

katars are pretty fucking dumb. Who the fuck ever uses katars?

You got it wrong, retard.

Samurais in meiji period

The bow and arrow
Something about the way the Japanese use it and shit makes it look just stupid

Chains. Especially with any kind of specialized item at the very end of them.

God those are dumb as shit.

I like those though, fantasy aspect about them is great, like the dwarven warhammers and what not.

>what are warscythes

People here seem to confuse "lame" with "impractical".
But then again, lame is just taste.

>Especially with any kind of specialized item at the very end of them.
Flails could be usefull.

any answer besides nunchucks is wrong

Throwing shurikens.
Sure, it looks neat in cartoons, but in real life it barely does shit.

am I the only one who wants a main character to have something a little out of the box? like a giant meat cleaver as a weapon?

>not liking dual - wield hammers
Shit taste desu.

hardly see anyone but starter antagonists that are first to die to the protagonist in the first couple of episodes with giant warhammers.

>nunchucks
Name one character other than Michleangelo that uses nunchucks for non - satrical purposes.

What about whips?

>There are people who legitimately think katanas do this.

>Not scythes

Cecilly Campbell

No, they haven't. You're better off grabbing a branch off a tree than using a scythe.

It's not the weapon but the one who wields it. Read Vagabond if you wanna see good katana action.

>Molten and poured iron swords getting cut in half

I wouldn't be surprised if you can make a sword shitty enough that a katana actually is able to do this.

They don't. They DO do this.

NEW CHAPTER NEVER

Germany delivers.

none. thats why no one uses them retard. theyre lame.

Don't rush Inoue. He's a fucking artist. We can wait. Be patient.

Fuck you,I own a Anderthalbhänder,they are amazing

That wouldn't work even if the sword was made out of wood or even softer materials.

any sword weapon are for edgelords.
Guns is the only solution

Katana could cut other katana, given a skilled wielder behind that cut, but i don't think they have enough strength as a blade to cut any other kind of sword.

elemental sword

>Turn scythe blade 90 degrees to make it a more effective weapon
>Instantly stops being a scythe

k

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who dislike katana
Disgusting

Halberds, with a huge blunt axehead

Can we all agree that polearms are the best?

>An honorable mention place goes to the scythe.
Have your taste buds checked

Can we all agree that the rapier is the cutest sword?

Realistically that'd only happen if it was a good enough blade wielded by a good enough swordsmen against someone who was using a really beat up katana that's on the verge of breaking.
Regardless, you wouldn't want to focus on wailing on an opponent's sword until it breaks but parrying his attacks and going in for the kill.
Either that or dodge and counterattack.

>impractical
>flamethrower
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-special-forces-use-flamethrower-6886860
>Muslim terrorist hiding in cave (some things never change)
>Wont leave with tear gas
>Just get a flamethrower
>Everyone runs out and gets shot
Based China.

FAMAS

You'd have to be autistic as fuck to consider wearing plate / chainmail.

Katanas are slashing weapons, so by definition, they are shit against anythign that isn't flesh

also ading throwing knives and generaly anythinf involving cables, graplers, or anything that hangs from a chain

i could understand using a sycthe as a weapon if you came under attack by some fucking wheat

Using a weapon two-handed is perfectly acceptable, but dual wielding is stupid.

>Not wearing full plate

Nigger do you even armor?

Is a club/hammer the most effective weapon?
>they dont have armour
You break bones and an crack/crush skull

>they have armour
You disorientate them with head blows, strikes may cave in the armour causing intense pain and possibly trapping the enemy in that section.

>What is a Mordaxt?

They don't seem like they have very long range. How would you counter a spear with a hammer?

You suffer an extreme lack of reach and are much easier to read and counter due to how much force you need to put behind your blows. Your control over your strikes is also somewhat limited. Every weapon has advantages and disadvantages.

Any kind of strings weapon. Those are shit and gay.

Great Sword a best

Range was the only thing I could really think of which is why I've always liked the idea of spears.

I've always wondered if there was any type of soldier who would use some form of bladed gauntlet so they could use their hands to grab weapons disarming the opponent to make them an easy kill.

Scythe looks cool at least.

Find a flaw
Protip:you can

You can grab your opponents weapons with regular gauntlets, leather gloves, or even your bare hands if you know how to do it properly. Most weapons are not sharpened to a razor point.

It's not a Franziska.

>hating on bows and crossbows
I'll see you at Agincourt.

hes probably talking more about people who use 20 foot long chains with spikes at the end

Yeah I meant the grabber has a blade or spike on the gauntlet so they don't sacrifice stabbing potential but can focus on grappling because they arnt holding anything. If there was a small buckler build into the forearm section of the gauntlet it seems like it may be a pretty effective weapon.

Death row inmates should be used to test these theories in some form of experimental gladiator format.

I was talking about that invisible strings kind of weapon. You know, like the one that butler dude from Hellsing used.