How many anime production cels do you own

Post production cels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sFCZhVOQUw
animecornerstore.com/neongenev.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how much did that run you?

it's not mine

Is Ebay and Y!JA the best place to find them?

the crisp and clear acrylic paint

pretty sure on ebay

but im not sure how much they go

Holy shit! JoJo still use cell animation or this is just a fake ?

the OVA did

Ah. You lucky faggot. That's a good one.

I own a fuckzillion other cels from the OVA.

post'em please?

One moment

1/?

Megazone 23 Part II

Armor Hunter Mellowlink

2/?

3/?

4/4

That's all of em'

Forgot image. Hurrr.

thank you for dumping

how much did they run you

in total
about 10k

Thank to Shirobako i know about cell animation and why anime color from 90s,80s feel really different.
youtube.com/watch?v=-sFCZhVOQUw

This boy ain't me. Why you gonna act like me, bruh?

Not as much as you'd think. $500 at the MOST. And that's a generous overestimation.

The Ghibli ones are damned expensive.

New scanner, it keeps cropping tightly to the image, but they are full cels.

To be honest I've never considered owning one but I really want an Eva one now.

Doubt you'll find one easily. Bought my Asuka over 10 years ago.

Is my memory failing or Eva's cells out there are actually reproductions?
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the original one (surprisingly) heve never being sold, but then again it could be one of the countless Internet's unsourced facts about Eva.

There are lots of reproductions, "celuclub" or something like that, but they are the same few designs. Supposedly original cels were never sold, but there was quite a thriving market for them years ago on yahoo.jp. Of course if you found two the same that would be a dead giveaway.

Eva cels and the celluclub ones:

animecornerstore.com/neongenev.html

I'll be honest user, I'm fucking jealous.

YFW

I don't have cels but I pretty much owned this and Shirobako genga collection.

Holy shit, man.

How much did you spend? These seems to be original.

That's pretty cute.

I honestly can't remember, it was years ago.

Azumanga, anyone?

more please

That's the only Azumanga one I have. Tried to get cels but never saw any, had they gone to digital paint by then? Not really sure.

rip thread

Besides a bunch of artbooks I own, I have a setting/reference book for Kill la Kill, Imaishi and Yoshinari drew on it. That's about it, if that even counts.

post it please?

Left page, L to R: Imaishi Hiroyuki with the Mako drawing, and Yoshinari Yo with Akko

Right page, clockwise from top left: Sushi, Aoi Eir, Kazuki Nakashima, Yosuke Toba

I also have one of huke's doujin artbooks. Met him and he signed the front cover

Imaishi pls lrn to draw

I need to get a bunch of these. My uncle has a shit ton of looney toons ones and they are fucking rare.

Imaishi > Yoshinari IMO

>expect joke/shitposting thread
>it's real
this thread should be archived

how much was that?

I'm mad jelly right now

Explain

I just find it odd that cels would be available to buy at all. How does it even happen?

Also archive just because you don't see a thread with cel scans everyday I guess?

>All the good Sailor Moon cels on both ebay and yahoo auctions are insanely expensive.

Aren't all threads archived, then eventually deleted?

Holy fuck original pokemon cel is fucking expensive.

I have seen Yahoo auctions full of these, are they legit? I would be pretty bummed out paying $100 for something faked or mass produced.

Evangelion cels are around $400-$600.

>QUALITY hands
Sasuga master.

Maybe this question is stupid but: cels are the frames used to make the anime aren't they? if so there must be a buttload for each show. if they run in the 100s each for a show like eva how much is the show worth with the cels alone?

post the huke one

Studios make it available for the public to buy. Studio gives cells to staff and they sell it.

If you are going to post on Sup Forums you should at least know how anime is made. And yes.

Shitposting is all fun and games until Sup Forums convinces me to spend $1800 on a fucking picture of the Major.

How can one bid on yahoo Japan auctions? Don't you need a Japanese address?

What's the best way to display cels? Frame them?

Every Yahoo Auctions seller is a shill-bidding faggot so don't expect to get a deal ever.

too orange

S-sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I have multiple tabs open.

no problem, still too orange though.

I have old war photos that I brought to hobby lobby and they frameed them and put them in a sealed glass container and the glass prevents sun damage and moisture and a bunch of other things.

You should add UV and IR filters for the Glass as they can damage the cell.

I bought my mom a cell of Storm from the old X-Men cartoon at a con once, but I didn't know anime did the same thing. Where do you guys get them? Do all shows do it or is it just luck of the draw on whether a show you like sells cells?

It's how they used to animate cartoons

Funny as to how (ed, edd & eddy) was the last CN show to use cells.

It's called cel not cell.

I miss when individual threads were archived.

kill yourself retard

Cel, Lesson learned.

Yes nigger, we all know how that shit works, stop posting like you are trying to teach something.
>i

Are you a time traveler or something?

please explain

I know that's how they used to animate, I meant do all shows that use them sell them or what?

Forgive my ignorance.

Hey OP, that's pretty nice.
How do I not get scammed by buying one on the fucking internet? How can you tell or not whether a cell is original or not?

It all depends on whether or not the studio wanted to sell them in the first place.

Do you have any idea how many cels get made for one episode of a TV show? They don't have the room for all that shit. They either put the important/iconic ones on display somewhere, destroy them, or some staff members gather them up and just sell them. Even Disney does it.

>feels shit
By investing on Canvas Networks

ITT: I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it.

You can usually tell it's real if it's not in pristine condition and isn't cropped in like a traced screencap from the actual show would be. Like Shows animated by Toei in particular used ink that yellowed with age, so ones like are obvious to tell apart.

>I don't need it, but if I don't get it it will never appear again and I will forever regret not buying it

Man that on user wasn't lying about Ghibli cels being expensive.

$1800 is a lot of money user. Especially when I don't know for sure the actual worth of something like this.

I'll buy it. Link it

Got this as a secret santa gift one year

God I wish there was some computer technique to more closely emulate cel shading, modern anime really looks plasticy. Kabaneri is doing it pretty well but still.

Just search for Ghost in the Shell cel on ebay.

What do I need to search for in japanese to find these?

Damn son, this looks great. I'm kinda glad I haven't seen this for sale because I would drop like $400-$500 for this.

That one show Tomino did just recently emulated it nicely.

Gundam reconquista? Yeah, how did they do that?