Where will you be when the second coming is officially announced, Sup Forums?

Where will you be when the second coming is officially announced, Sup Forums?

Dropped before it's even announced

>twitter
Sorry I'll be waiting for something more official like ANN or MAL.

I need more motherfucking context. Now.

>Imaishi
And dropped. Anything that hack is involved with is fucking trash.

>trigger
>imaishi
just no

>they weren't around for AnimeBoston
Trigger's creative director was in AnimeBoston and talked about Trigger's future shows after Kiznaiver and Luluco. He said that their next show is directed by Imaishi and hinted that it's going to be similar or related to Gurren Lagann.

>More TTGL
Please no it's shit.

>70s speed lines and yelling

Oh, just a fucking guaranteed masterpiece.

hopefully not as shitty as KLK is

>the Gurren Lagann staff (Imaishi, Nakashima, Otsuka, Nishigori, Yoshinari, Sushio, Amemiya, Taku Iwasaki) gets all together again for a new super robot anime
How hype would you be, Sup Forums?

not hype because it would be full of shitty nods and callbacks like "huh? huh? remember this from TTGL? how about this? remember THIS gainax refference? huh?"

what if deliberately subverts expectations and is filled with surprises and interesting ideas?

Puking right now

that would be excellent but we're talking about trigger and specifically imaishi so it won't happen

Believe.

Not very.

TTGL is okay, but really overrated. It's a mediocre show full of a cast of unlikable characters. Two seasons was one too many, I don't want even more.

i wouldn't be since gainax is dead.
and trigger has proven themselves to be pure autism

Imaishi is a hack and no amount of other people working with him would help make it decent.

>hating Imaishi

What's he even done that's bad? KLK is just a matter of taste and FLCL is just an incorrect answer.

Saying PSG automatically means you have shit taste of the highest caliber.

I have not liked a single thing he's ever directed. I just can't stand his style.

Replace Nakashima and that sounds good.

>everything trigger has touched since the godsend that is Inferno Cop
Fact: It would be shit. No exceptions.

So it's a matter of personal taste, which is fine. Doesn't mean he's a bad director, though.

If that's the case then my hope is that it's a direct sequel that finally addresses the spiral nemesis.

Well I mean from my perspective he kinda tries to appeal to western markets with humor that seem more based in western cartoons, but fails to nail what made western cartoons fun in the first place (something modern western cartoons can't do either).

Similarly I think western cartoons that try to imitate anime are bad for also failing to understand what makes anime, well, anime.

TTGL was bad. I don't care that the characters turned 10000000000X bigger, because the story sucked after the timeskip, because it added so much tensionless, boring, contrived shit. The stuff at the start was way more interesting because it was straightforward and had believable consequences.

TTGL Pachinko

2017 is Gurren Lagann's 10th anniversary.

>Nishigori
It would be a cute girl anime because Nishigori literally can't draw men any more.

That's a completely fair argument. I'm actually of the opposite opinion. It's why I hold PSG in such high regard. It was basically a love letter to Western pop culture. Everything from the setting to the animation and structure of the episodes was a massive send up.

I don't like super robot anime.

Now if they gathered to produce a cute girls doing cute things anime, I'd be hype as fuck.

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
>accepted worldwide as a non-issue
No problem here.

>specifically said it's a show TTGL fans should look forward to
It's a super robot show (with cute girls).

>wanting reasonable anything in GL

Just watch Gundam.

To me it just fell flat because it felt like someone who doesn't fully understand western culture trying to make a love letter to western culture.

>Dead Leaves
>OvalXOver
>Gurren Lagann
>Panty & Stocking
>Kill la Kill
>Sex and Violence with Machspeed
>Luluco

What do you think of Imaishi's body of work, Sup Forums?

Isn't TTGL still Gainax's property? Why are half of you posting about a potential sequel just because it's Imaishi. He doesn't own the rights at Trigger.

>more mecha stuff.
You better come out with the most fabulous shit if you're gonna do this overused shit.

It's obviously just another super robot show by the same staff since Imaishi doesn't strike me at the sort of guy that would do a direct sequel.

That's obvious. It doesn't matter if it he doesn't SEEM like the type to do a direct sequel, he legally can't. These posters don't seem to understand that.

Good thing it's not a sequel. Remember Eureka Seven Ao literally ruining the legacy of the original?

Jesus christ
gurren lagann end perfectly no need to touch it again for fuck sakes

Itt: moefags throwing shade

read the thread

He said it would be for fans of giant robots. It's probably not going to have anything to do with TTGL.

I've read many people said that he namedropped TTGL as a hint. Not saying it will be directly related to TTGL, but I expect them getting the same staff just so they can advertise it with "10 years have passed since Gurren Lagann, the staff is finally back to mecha anime".

What a shitty advice

Your entire hobby is full of overused shit you gigantic retard . Why don't you kill yourself?

That's probably what will happen, but I don't remember him mentioning TTGL specifically.

Anyway, the Yoshinari and mystery director shows are exciting too.