Joker Game best seinen anime since a long time

Will the japs ever produce more adult anime? Or will it stay at 1 show per year?

Also general Joker Game thread.

What was your favorite story till now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CRM-1f_yzNs
jokergame.jp/story/story07.html
twitter.com/ProductionIG/status/730064614080192514
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>seinen

It's not. It's adapted from a series of novels.

youtube.com/watch?v=CRM-1f_yzNs

Next episode look nice.

Willing to learn. I just thought that seinen is a word for "anime for young male adults"

What does "adult" mean? Can a work only be meant for adults if it's dramatic and serious?

>doesn't have moeshit and actually have a good history
for adults
we need more series like this, without moeshit and the fanservice that ruins everything, it's a shame that this series will not be sucesfull because japan have shit taste

There seems to have decent interest in it though. We'll see how it sells when the BDs come out but right now they have some anime merch being pushed out.

True, it's the best seinen since K-on.

I meant that I could watch this show with my father and 1st I wouldn't be embrassed 2nd he would stay and watch the next episode

>best seinen since a long time
>Gochiusa was just two seasons ago
>Wakaba Girl and NNB three seasons ago
>Sansha Sanyou airing right now

Why is Tazaki so handsome?

So your dad is as much of a bore as you are?

Yes

I agree with everything you said. For years now i only find one or two good anime shows a year. And those are the good years.

Some times i do settle for less though because one can't expect something like this or Baccano every year.

>implying that your father doesn't like idol anime
I get your point user, but an anime can be good and not necessary be for adults.
it's funny that an anime that can be considered "boring" is for adults meanwhille the hentai/harem ones are for boys

>Episode 7 - “Codename Cerberus”
jokergame.jp/story/story07.html

Scenario: Taku Kishimoto Storyboard: Komurakata Koji Producer: Komurakata Koji Animation Director: Shinno Ryota ・Morita Akira

The luxurious passenger liner Tokimaru(?) will leave San Francisco to the Hawaiian islands before heading to Japan. On the deck as Utsumi Osamu enjoys his crossword puzzle, a man named Jeffery Morgan appears before him. Suddenly the sounds of screams are heard from those who looked at the sea

>Jeffory Morgan (CV. Tanaka Hideyuki)

Runs a small trading company in San Francisco. Crossword puzzles are a hobby of his.

>Cynthia Glenn (CV. Nakamura Chie)

British. A small blonde lady who boarded the Tokimaru with her daughter, Ema, and their dog, Frate.

>Ema Gleen (CV Okubo Rumi)

Cynthia’s daughter. A childish little girl.

Even then, there are shitloads of shows out there for adults, but some people don't get it because there's no killing or drama.

Why do these people even watch anime? They'd love American TV.

>but an anime can be good and not necessary be for adults
Sorry I didn't wanted to imply that. I also enjoy other animes. I like Konosuba very much for example.
But lets say it is a generational thing then. The adults right now haven't grown up with anime or computer games. So I guess when we will be 40 something will will be able to enjoy shows like Flying witch, or even the occasional good harem anime.

Seinen and shounen are manga demographics, they describe what kind of magazine the manga is serialized in. A manga that's serialized in a shounen magazine, which is aimed primarily at schoolboys, is called a "shounen manga," and if it gets an anime adaptation we call it a "shounen anime" because it's adapted from a shounen manga. If the anime isn't adapted from manga then at best you can only guess which demographic it'd fall into if it were a manga. Most anime-originals and LN/VN adaptations do get manga adaptations too, but they are often very different from the anime so it's hard to compare. Example: Cowboy Bebop's manga adaptation was published in a shoujo magazine.

Also seinen is a far broader demographic than you give it credit for. A lot of the girly SoL shows Sup Forums fawns over are seinen.

user that's not what he's talking about and you know it.
Okubo Rumi a cute! I wonder if she will die.

Okay thanks!

So that leaves the question: What category would the japanese put JG into to make it specific

twitter.com/ProductionIG/status/730064614080192514

Episode 7's spy confirmed to be "Amari" voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa on IG's twitter.

>I wonder if she will die.
Her character in the newest episode of course, not the actual seiyuu. I don't want her to die.

I want to marry that handsome spy.

Kaminaga's story. For the first time we see someone that can measure up to the Jokers in terms of deviousness, and the endgame setup is cool as hell. Plus, we see again how the theme of playing a different game than the rest of the players is reinforced - Kaminaga and Marks thought he was on a mission to contact anti-British elements, while what Yuuki really wanted was getting a spy caught due to Foreign Ministry fuckups in order to force change there.

There's no way to know, but it feels like a seinen show. You can't even use the manga adaptation as a general idea because the magazine they published it in doesn't have a declared demographic and the titles are all over the place.

Today's end card

Moeshit

WHO KNEW THAT RENOWNED DRUG SMUGGLER HOWARD MARKS WAS ALSO CHIEF OF SIS

>There's no way to know
Not him but now you're just being ridiculous. I understand that they haven't stated any target demographic but it is not difficult to tell that this show is intended for adults. The only thing contrary to this is that it isn't too graphic or violent and probably wouldn't be given an age rating for adult's only.
>episodic
>grown up cast
>old-timey setting
>not children-tier japanese like 90% of anime
>need a brief understanding of history to understand some of the themes

The most important question is, are you enjoying the show? Because I sure am.

>Jeffrey Morgan

Cool. so he will appear in this episode?

you /ss/ brah?

Does it look /ss/?

I don't know, you tell me.

But the spies are moeblobs.

>episodic
>grown up cast
>old-timey setting
>need a brief understanding of history to understand some of the themes
All these points apply to most of the old Looney Tunes.

I'm not sure.

I stand by what I said.
I stand correctly ever so slightly. What is this?

What is this?

Joker Game chibis created for merch.

>I stand by what I said.
That's fine, as long as you don't mind also defending Looney Tunes as "totally intended for serious adult audiences" too.

>we need more series like this, without moeshit and the fanservice that ruins everything, it's a shame that this series will not be sucesfull because japan have shit taste
>not wanting cast full of hot femme fatale agents

Expand your mind, sheesh!

This show is so much fun. I don't even mind all the little asspulls.

japan have shit taste…

まぁ言いたいことはわかるけど金を払っている人の希望や主張が優先されるのが当然であって君ら外人が好むアニメの円盤は売れないからjoker game のような作品は少ないんだよなぁ。でも今日本では円盤バブルがはじけてこれからは配信主体になっていくから君らが嫌悪するmoeshitが少なくなりjoker game のような作品が増えていくと思うよ。君ら外人がしっかり配信に金を払って違法視聴をやめればね。

Now translate into English for the rest of the class.

Mature anime = fu - jo - SHIT

Femme fatale trope is bullshit, if you're going to give me female characters in situations that should be taken seriously then make the actually competent.
>inb4 muh women can't into anything durr

>[HorribleSubs] Joker Game - 06 [720p].mkv

It's time for shota.

They should add the chibis too.

It just means that character designs are fujobait instead of moeshit, nothing more.

If shit like Madoka had a cast that looked like OP would probably be fangirling over it as well.

>Femme fatale trope is bullshit, if you're going to give me female characters in situations that should be taken seriously then make the actually competent.
>>inb4 muh women can't into anything durr

It doesn't have to be femme fatales

Just have competent female secret agents because go forbid, even THAT'S lacking in the overall entertainment world

Japan is really underestimating girls-with-suits

>did you mean Agent Carter?

also this.
if the cast was only woman this anime will not be taken seriously

>>did you mean Agent Carter?

I'd like to see Japan have their own take of that concept in anime and not be esoteric like Fujiko Mine

ayyyy

>Madoka with men

You know what that would be? A totaly normal shounen

Not enough lmao

Haha my sides, nice ayyy lmao.

This show is perfect, Just watching them unravel the problem/mystery without resorting to guns or violence is fantastic.

10/10

Why is Miyoshi so best boy.

I really want to ride the Asia

Weekly reminder that women and betrayal are synonyms.

I didnt watch last weeks episode

That character look rly stupid so I decide to drop the show

But these images you post look interesting

Should I come back

JOKER GAME IS SHIT BECAUSE IT HASNT DENIED THE RAPE OF NANKING YET

What wrong with Kaminaga?

Kuma Miko > Joker's Game

Who /card tricks/ here?

Episode was alright, nothing beats episode 4 yet. Tazaki seems like a cool guy though.

I think he means the eternal anglo.

The plot is on.

This'll get tense. I'm not even that attached to the spies because the nature of the show doesn't let you, but I don't want them to die.

>old man chibi
It just doesn't work

科学的情報機関設立ニ関スル意見書
"Argument Related To The Establishment Of A Scientific Intelligence Agency"

Not sure on the first two characters, though.

Are they disbanding D-Agency, or are they getting rid of them the hard way?

Literal bitching from a possible staff member

>What I want to say is that of course the wishes and opinions of people who PAY to watch the show legally is important, but you foreigners like shows like joker game yet the DVDs/BDs never sell. Future works like joker game will become fewer. But the bubble known as DVD/BD in Japan is bursting. And it'll mainly become legal streaming sites for anime. That's why I think if you support the industry, shows you foreigners hate " moeshit " will become fewer while shows like joker game will start increasing. You foreigners need to properly start paying money to legal streaming sites and stop illegal watching.

>chibi Yuki
>not moe

Badass moe is a thing?

It's the wrinkles on a chibi, man.

Yes.
Oyaji moe is a thing.

>Badass moe is a thing?
It is now

It's still moe.

>Joker Game
>adult anime

That's laughable.

>【Director Nomura’s Introduction Corner 2】Presenting lieutenant colonel Yūki

The spy master controlling the D Agency

The mysterious man who created a spy agency within the military ranks who claimed “Spies are a cowardly and despicable existence”.

In episode 2, Sakuma pointed out that his left hand is artificial, however in the books Yuki also made sure to not move his fingers. Even when picking up Muto’s cigarette case, he only slightly moved his thumb to lift it up.

No one knows what he’s thinking or how far his plans go, but the root of his trust? in all the agency members is his notion of “doing what is expected”.

He assigns them with difficult missions.

Haha time to show the kids and literally everyone else around my secret spy method of delivering information without having to worry about my message being intercepted because Manchuria is a scheming country so a couple of anti-spies around a train where a traitor was just assassinated in is totally unheard of

Forgot to quote

how many layers of consciousness do you think he has?

A cynical narcissistic.

Even when lieutenant colonel Yuki requests his opinion, he would pose by shrugged his shoulders or consciously make a slightly exaggerated pose.

He would to test Sakuma, the soldier, plenty of times, but after the Gordon case it seems he truly changed his opinion on him.

They don't put it into one. Like the other guy said, these are manga demographics only. They don't apply to anime. The "guess which demographic it'd fall into" part is silly, it's like taking a movie and labeling it based on what age rating you think the ESRB would give it if it were a game.

A non-narcissistic cynic.

In other words, he’s just a impudent guy. (laughs)

At certain times he even banters at lieutenant colonel Yuki…?

However, that Hatano presented himself with a manly expression and splendid defensive body movement in ep 3 “Miscalculation”.

He knocked out the urss spy, it's okay.
Even if they saw him, what are they going to do? shoot down the pigeon?

Odagiri is a silent man.

Like Fukumoto he acts out as a “man who never smiles” so his smile is very precious. He originally belonged to the army, so he would disclose their tricks to Sakuma, who was caught up in the game; you see a considerate side of him towards Sakuma.

As a result, that served to help Sakuma.

Just like Odagiri, he’s the taciturn type.

He’s the “man who never smiles No. 2”, however in episode 4, “Demon Metropolis”, he camouflages (covers) himself like a different person as newspaper reporter, “Shiotsuka Hajime”.

With his smile in the last scene, you can see that he is truly a member of the D Agency.

By the way, in the Greater East Asian Cultural Society, it was established that Fukumoto was the one who took over the cooking duties. (laughs)

>voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
>knows magic tricks
>good with kids and animals
A good man.

We should be getting them working together soon, the preanime countdowns implied it.

I just want to see how broken Sakuma is by now

As Sakuma transferred to the D Agency as a soldier, we written him out to be militaristic and sincere.

Due to his upbringing as a soldier, he has a habit of looking straight into his senior officer’s eyes whenever he talks to them.

As he had to grow out his hair before his temporary transfer, he was slightly bashful before the Hanabishi’s proprietress, who was an acquaintance in his army days.

>moeshit is runing anime
>by the way, moe fans are the responsible adults who pay to support the industry

Errry time

Kaminaga is bit of a mischievous playboy.

By smoking tobacco with his jacket over his shoulder, he puts up a cool front.

Whether or not if he’s a contrary character, due to lieutenant colonel Yuki’s touch on the matter, he and Miyoshi showered harsh criticisms onto Sakuma.

In this week’s ep 5 “Robinson”, Kaminaga will fall into a predicament.

No, it sounds like he thinks the problem is people who like manime but don't buy it.

Amari is very amiable and free spirited person who doesn’t care about the little details.

Among all the agency members, he and Kaminaga are written to be the seniors.

In order to bring out his adult charm, he takes mind of his identity and pose.

The color white suits a man like him.

#BringBackSakuma

Thx for the translations user!

Unlike the other agency members, Jitsui is written to be someone who smiles during conversations and is gentle and friendly.

In episode 1, he made sure to properly react to Sakuma’s actions [during the card scene] , however is that his true face?

Please look forward to his future activities!

>#
Fuck off.