Sup Forums Space Program

We don't need anything fancy. We don't need awesome sensors and crazy measurement devices.
All we really need Is a modded cellphone with a decent battery life and a means of sending data back. Although a simple balancing mechanism, would make for a better video.

Our goal is simply:
To see if we can
To see if we can get away with it.
Cause as much havoc in the process.
simple

We have many sources on Sup Forums that we can pool from:
/sci/ - could handle the logistics for us
/k/ - could help us with a fuel source, and rocket design.
/biz/ - can help us pick affordable and easily acquirable chemicals for our fuel
Sup Forums - could work on the phones firmware
while Sup Forums, /x/, & Sup Forums Popularize our plans by repeatedly spamming it on Sup Forums.

Why the fuck not? There is a good chance they will shut down the threads before we even get to fire the rocket. But by that time we'll have already caused enough havoc to laugh at the headlines.
But who knows, what if we do get away with it?
Why the fuck shouldn't we attempt this clearly insane idea?

Share any thoughts or ideas.
Yes, I am aware this insane lul. However, it is not so insane to say we can't do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

sentintospace.com/products-page/complete-kit/
web.archive.org/web/20170414033619/https://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/engineering/projects/phonesat.html
youtube.com/watch?v=abwIxwwRHKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_NZyLndwvBs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc
youtube.com/watch?v=VMGSQV3dcpA
youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZMscMp8UM
youtube.com/watch?v=w7UPqno6xvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes let's do this. Not for internet cred or whatever the fuck, but just because we can.
>we can also confirm earth is flat as we go

sentintospace.com/products-page/complete-kit/

EE fag bumping for interest

Not a bad concept, theres no question we could put a micro-sat up there. We would want to do it right though because building the probe is the easy cheap part compared to getting it up there. I would volunteer engineering/software dev/fabrication and I'm sure there's lots of other anons who have something valuable to add. Fuck Nasa we space now

This is like it came straight out of my "things I have been too depressed to try" notebook. Do it! The frontier is way too closed right now. People barely seem to remember space exists outside of Hollywood.

How high do you even want to go? Go too high and you have to deal with sun radiation fucking up your equip

OMFG I would donate 150-500$.

Some kids on YouTube built a DIY weather balloon with a camera that went way fucking higher than they expected.

Maybe it would be smart to research how theirs was built

I'll launch 1k at anyone I think is seriously trying to launch a phone into orbit.

maybe we could make an ICBM with a 2 stage H bomb, that would be more fun

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
want to see this happeing

what about a time phone?

I would be so in for this

First we need some project from KSP

Phone + solar cells will go a long way if you have a sufficiently directional ground antenna to talk to it on wifi, but you have mere minutes to get that data when (/if) it passes over you

For ~$10k you can hitch a ride to orbit for a cubesat sized payload. You won't build anything cheaper for orbit (though edge of space you could, eg. weather balloon and basically 0 payload).

NASAs phonesat project does essentially this
web.archive.org/web/20170414033619/https://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/engineering/projects/phonesat.html

Let's do this, will volunteer with software / pcb designs, this could actually make the media think of how advanced Sup Forums is and how powerful

If I meet some of the scientist in the pub next time, i ask what we need to shoot some shit into space, kek maybe some help from /sci/ could be good.... otherwise would it be more fun if Sup Forums had first their shit in space .... my god this is a new Space Race between the boards!

I think this is a good idea user. Maybe we can even send a nigger to space :D

What's the point of this exactly? Is it meant to be funny?

I don't get it.

Why a phone though? Get a cheap camera, strap a custom batter & some massive storage, get thrusters to control it's flight and some armor to stop it from incinerating when coming back. Calculate the trajectory, launch it from one place, catch it in another, get the vids, upload them. Done!

There's no reason to use a cellphone. Most have shitty cameras, use battery for excess shit to maintain it's bloated OS, and unless you jam some military-grade radio transmitter in it - you won't receive jack shit from it. Also attempting to communicate in VHF will get you shoah'd during the first couple of minutes.

Ok, OP. You're on. Put your bullshit where your anus is and get cracking. Organize this shit. I can contribute a grand total of $100 Americunt dollars to the Sup Forums space program.

Stick a rocket to a bunch of weather balloons then fire it when its low orbit. Ez

DO IT FAGGOTS
We must send a swastika to space and let the pleb know.
Also drop the stupid rocket idea, you need to use a balloon like user said

I'd rather take control of ionosphere resonance protocols.

bump for dreams

How much would it cost to send a dead pigs head into geo stationary orbit and park it directly over mecca?

S-super power by 2030?

God bless your heart OP, your thread made my day.

>bump

I think record for a balloon is 50 km. Space begins at 100 km. ISS orbits at 400 km.

Why don't we use a balloon with a simple rocket to push us to a lower orbit?

youtube.com/watch?v=abwIxwwRHKQ

You want my help. Please confirm.

You need to build up horizontal velocity as well

I am fucking dying of laughter right now. This is great, I'm in!
I can see the headlines already "Sup Forums is building space missiles with swastikas painted all over it"

lets go to antarctica into the underground caverns

mfw

>> Sup Forums launches rocket
>> not reported to any space agency
>> Russia detects unknown rocket start
>> Russia launches immediately counter rockets
>> mfw Sup Forums starts finaly WWIII

Just gonna say. Ireland, from your retarded cousins across the border, you glorious bastard. Make it happen.

You'll need a name for this to work. We gotta crown one mega-faggot who will take all the public's shit. That way we can build an even bigger dildo-rocket to the stars and butt-fuck space reptiles.

It's what Kek would want.

We could BTFO of Shia La Poof while we're at it too. Couldn't be that hard to send a MAGA hat to space.

space has already been blacked. Fuck this earth.

>we can also confirm earth is flat as we go
ಠ__ಠ

Much easier to pull off a false flag with five or six dedicated guys

Tip top kek

Can you explain how you would simultaneously use a balloon and a rocket?
>inb4 this becomes a retarded physics thread

Some /sci/ fags need to calculate it's landing so that it lands in some great place. Israel's holohoax museum is the primary target, however crashing into Bundestag would be pretty neat too.

Valid, what would the estimated fuel needed for this be? Using a balloon to transport our package then using all of our fuel worrying about getting a orbit seems possible.

Talking about starting ww3

What the fuck lmao

wtf are we doing im too drunk to read this shit m8

>lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=_NZyLndwvBs

LEAVE

Why not just use a drone for that and throw it on that rock thing?

Have the balloon bring up the payload/rocket or at least help alleviate the fuel needed to achieve a higher altitude then using GPS, calculate when the balloon has popped or got disconnected. There we can burn more fuel and have saved some on the way up.

For bonus points we could send up a solar power radio transmitter that transmits "Muhammad is Pig" on loop over mecca during every pilgrimage.

You one-a them black fellas?

What's your name? Wanna wake up the dream snake together? It can bite me first so you can tell if it's poisonous or not.

Holy shit my fucking sides

rock thing?

Filthy muds could shoot down a drone. Pigs head will stay in geo synchronous orbit for generations.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

It's how I became an abbo/black fella/nigga.

soooo... Sup Forums space race?

LETS GO TO THE SPACE!!!!!

I hope so at least

Go back to

We need at least a model like this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_rocket

Good thing is we dont need a payload

That black box those morons pray to I forgot what it's called, but if it's successful their holy place will be forever desecrated and it just seems like a simpler plan that's all

Dude. You gotta show them more ways to black-face. These people only understand their eyes and not the joke of skin color.

You've found your people.

Love them.

can we blast all niggers into space?

Just in case any of you are not aware this kind of thread happens all the time, do you remember pitcairn invasion and annex? no? they you are too new and should FUCKING LURK MORE BEFORE POSTING THESE SHIT TIER THREADS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT MEME FLAG POSTER CUNT

youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc

*shrug* Can't. We're merging.

You're gonna find me everywhere now.

Sorry.

>1 post by this ID
Regardless shill or no shill this would be an epic win on epic proportions lmao. But can we do it? Doesn't it require logistics and science that it remains in orbit?

This shit cannot stand....They've fagged space already!

youtube.com/watch?v=VMGSQV3dcpA

Stay in your containment board namecunt

depends on the weight of the rocket and the fuel. Not a rocket scientist(yet)

Am volunteering to be the grill that will motivate the betas to orbit

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTT

iam here for a while, never seen a space thread.
The music is not good user

Can't. Gotta keep the name until someone else names me something. I offered mine for this endeavor.

It's the only way one of these threads will transform from 'idle though we all have and know is actually the way to do things' to actually happening.

i always dreamed of using a catapult and a goat or something

Crowd-fund a Sup Forums visual spectrum HD camera space satellite we can use to spy on shit and backup bitcoin with.

Just when I think Sup Forums couldn't be any dumber, you go and post something like this... and totally redeem yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZMscMp8UM
The rocket would be nice but this seems way easier.

I was completely mistaken about the situation

sorry

YES!!!!
Swastika Space Niggers WHEN?!?!

Could crowd funding work? I mean some one did get rich over a potato salad recipe.

You know I'd forgive you guys even if you kicked me in the dick, otherwise we wouldn't be Sup Forums.

Ya fucking autistic spastic retarded piece of faggot-shit. Stop jerking off onto this piece of shit and take picture already.

Ya grokkin'?

>sounding rocket
we don't need a rocket for that, we can start sounding right now
in fact some of us already have

fucking kek

Of course it would work. Ya just gotta crown the faggot that doesn't mind being found and beaten if he doesn't comply.

It'd be a tough fucking job.

Lets blast a kekistani flag into low earth orbit
Or
Blast a LGBTQI+ flag into the sun

I take it back, you are a faggot

You are now SaixDwarph
You're job is to give all men blow jobs on Christmas

Im in. We can launch it near a feminist rally with a kekastani flag on it

>a kekistani flag

youtube.com/watch?v=w7UPqno6xvE

Italy will donate.

>Sup Forums Space Program

what a time to be alive....

Alright. I gotta define christmas as the day someone was born.

I was born on August 29th, 1984.

Now, would all men want a blowjob from me, or are they okay with a simulacrum/concept/idea? Like Santa Claus. Then I can define a 'religious construction' where 'free loving hippies' would happily suck your dick, and they would be grateful for the opportunity.

That way you have more choice than just my mouth, and you'd then have to wait your turn.

Only 24 hours in a day and I'm just me, but I can make 'more of me' to achieve the task. So long as everyone agrees that it's what I should accomplish/achieve.

dude we can't even join efforts to count to 10

Aussies used to be cool...