How do we fix the obesity epidemic on a political level?

How do we fix the obesity epidemic on a political level?

would taxing fat people and fat people products work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SFfW3uUvhOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

- Diagnose overweight over the standard
- give them two years to start loosing weight under control from a doctor
- they loose weigh and get in normal conditions / everything alright
- the get even fatter, donĀ“t loose weigh at all / all health problems that can be related to the overweight will no longer be payed by state/insurance/whatever

Well people like this guy don't actually care about living, the only way to make it better would be to do something to make them care about themselves and their weight. Otherwise they'll just abuse the system, if you tax them they're more likely to just lay down and die.

Daily reminder that I have a constitutional right to be fat.
>Don't tread on me or my cheeseburgers.

youtube.com/watch?v=SFfW3uUvhOo

reminder, this guy was boasting on youtube for years that he intentionally gained weight to be put on welfare.

Yearly, unannounced weigh-ins. Those over BMI of 25 and fat % of 26 (male) are euthanized with special Twinkies.

why not just fuckyourself and leave fat people,smoker and drinker and such just alone?
mind your own shit bitch

Shit that was a hard fall for a fat guy.

How many did those fatbags burst?

>american transportation

>why not just fuckyourself and leave fat people,smoker and drinker and such just alone?
No, I agree, we should leave them alone and let them die. We shouldn't pay for their health issues.

>Daily reminder that I have a constitutional right to be fat.

you dont have a right to be a drain on the healthcare system.

Taxes won't do shit, Finland tried to tax candies, cakes, sugar drinks, alcohol etc. but we're still quite obese. Only thing they do is people are more bitter about buying them

Why do you faggots want to tax everything? How about remove any and all forms of welfare for them? Allow insurance companies to charge them more. Stop adding money to the state, you fucking nigger.

Forgot to add that Government ended up removing sugar tax because it didn't do shit

so free up the healthcare market and they would be charged accordingly.

15% tax on all unhealthy things such as fast food, snacks, and soda

The kind of state that would impose a tax on people for being lardasses is one deserving of more funds.

>How do we fix the obesity epidemic on a political level?
free food
government subsidized fresh produce
nothing processed.
and a fucking cook book.

Make it law that the price doubles with every X added to the size.

How about finally start regulating what corporations can put into our food?

All those transfats, added sugar and substitutes like aspartame, flavorings and added substitute chemicals are even worse for our health than real fats and sugars. They are just many times more cheaper than the real stuff.

Poor people are swelling up like balloons because all this chemically added poisons we're allowing corporations to put in our food to make it cheaper and more profitable.

Know where that stake is and what's in it? "Made in FUCK YOU! That's where!" Globalists don't like you knowing what your eating..

>We shouldn't pay for their health issues.
You don't.

>you don't have a right to be a drain on the healthcare system.
This is only an argument for people on public healthcare programs. The vast majority of people (at least here in the states) such as myself. You cucks would understand that if you weren't NEETS. Get a job,you being unemployed is a way bigger drain on any welfare system than any fat person is.

>How do we fix the obesity epidemic on a political level?

Give them all reality television shows that show all of the food they consume on a daily basis.

*The vast majority of people such as myself pay for private health insurance.

>Give them all reality television shows that show all of the food they consume on a daily basis.

And then, after the three hour clip of them stuffing their faces, play clips of them trying to deflect blame for their condition onto genetics, or thyroid, or something....

Yeah just lower the BMI required whenever they need some more tax revenue.

You're eating too much there goy.

Stop trying fix things you fucking neocon/neolib.

Ideally, prevent fat people from breeding.

That way you'd end up with more people genetically predisposed to keeping themselves not fat.

Free market health care. Then health insurance companies can start charging these fat fucks what they really cost instead of being forced to charge them and healthy people the same amount.

They either die from lack of health care or they lose weight to afford it. That's all the "tax" you need.

It also has the benefit of significantly lowering insurance costs for fit people who currently have to subsidize these fat fucks because of stupid government regulations.

>anarchist flag
>healthcare system
Ahh success, now do you see why free healthcare is wrong. And unless you are from india, your flag makes your argument look even more dim.

Nothing can be done politically because fat people are great for government. They drive healthcare costs up, pushing more normies into demanding single payer.

This is possibly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life. It doesn't even make me mad, or make me laugh. It just fills me with contemptuous awe.

Anyways, fixing the obesity epidemic on a political level is as simple as scorning those who are overweight- for being overweight. I guarantee you, if Trump said "All you fatasses out there, don't be so yuge", you'd see obesity rates go down. It wouldn't decrease through coddling, like "Let's all exercise, even though you're already beautiful, just the way you are".

However, I'd consider it a cultural problem, mainly... Not a political one. If you were to make it political, that would technically be in league with eugenics, which would never be allowed... At least currently. Besides, would you lock all those fatties up if they didn't lose the weight in time, or gained too much of it? You have the right to stuff your face with enough junk food to feed an African village. I will look down on you for it, though.

and your private insurance costs way more because of corpulent monstrosities like yourself, retard

Except government mandates that health insurance companies charge morbidly obese and fit people the same rates. Morbidly obese people, on average, have significantly more health care costs in their life time.

This regulation means that fit people subsidize the health insurance costs for morbidly obese people, even though health insurance isn't nationalized in the US. Regulate private companies to do what the government wants and the effect is the same.

Why don't you fix the nigger problem first? Obese people can't steal and rape (well they can try but they won't be able to).

You raise the cost of health insurance for thin healthy people, fucking butterhuffer. I hope the weight of your fat on your windpipe suffocates you in your sleep.

Niggers are more prone to obesity than whites, so solving the nigger problem would actually help.

make carbs illegal

This.

This, also.

>I want to tax someone not to fund a social programs but because they are doing something I don't like.
Daily reminder that all of you totalitarian cucks should be either executed or forcefully removed from society.

>Inb4 the bill proposed lists Ar-15s and other semi-automatic rifles as a type of transfat.

This is the fault of the state for not making it easier to get on welfare.
They might as well have signed his death warrant! >:(

>fruit and vegetables are now illegal
>everyone is sterile and has hypothyroidism after a year

Taxes solve nothing dumbass.

These fat fucks didn't eat themselves that way by being able to think, plan, and effectively manage their own lives let alone finances.

There's only 2 ways to fix the obesity epidemic:
Remove healthcare for these subhuman monsters. This won't make more than 1% change their behavior, but they will hopefully drop like the very flies that encircle their foul bodies. That'll skew the numbers right there.

The other way is to quit normalizing obesity. Bring back fat shaming in a big way.

Being fat is %100 a personal moral failing and these godamned animals need to feel like shit for how they comport themselves.

Fat hate thread?

Fat hate thread!

>this is 'thin' in America

10/10 in America

Yes, thankfully they have good dietitians to help them stay in shape.

This is actually worth reading.

You literally aren't equal to me just die.
Or don't, it doesn't matter, you don't matter.

>Inb4 the bill proposed lists Ar-15s and other semi-automatic rifles as a type of transfat.

Just making it mandatory to inform customer where the product is from, what's in it and what health hazards are involved in its consumption is enough.

This should apply to all products sold on free markets. Informed customers can then decide whether they want to risk it or not. Markets can only be truly free if the parties involved are truly informed about the transactions they're taking part in.

Everybody knows the health hazards of AR-15s. People buy them to cause fatal lead poisonings in case of dindu emergency.

MUH

Oh, sweetie...

Remove anything that isn't a fruit/vegetable from the supermarkets. This will fix a majority of health problems everywhere.

This, they'll just end up making everything worse and somehow more money will get sent to Israel or Palestine because of this.

>When your mad because you get less pussy than fat people.

This.

Daily reminder that purchasing health insurance is a voluntary business transaction between me and my insurance company. If you don't like higher rates, then purchase health insurance from a company that doesn't cover fat people and if that currently isn't possible then work towards freeing up government regulation on health insurance. This concept isn't that hard if your not fucking retarded.

>Government regulation creates an issue.
>More government regulation is the solution.
>Being this fucking stupid.

Not my problem, all I am doing is paying for insurance. If you would get off your as and get a job then healthcare wouldn't be an issue for you. Again,NEETs like yourself do more damage to the welfare system than fat people.

If your fat you don' t get medical care/help.

There, problem fixed.

The obvious answer is to take care of yourselves and your families. Let them continue to get fatter and use your time to get political/influential. When you prove that you're better than them in every way, it may produce the cultural shift needed.

Or all the fatties self-euthanise with increasingly-fatty foods and everyone left wins anyway.

It's a problem that almost solves itself.

>You literally aren't equal to me just die.
That's because I'm better than you. If you are too poor to afford health insurance and my fat ass can afford it without an issue because I am able to out perform you financially by working with the handicap of being a fatass hen that's apoor reflection of yourself. You should seriously sort yourself out. If you don't like fat people raising health insurance premiums then vote for a free market solution.

I agree with you, I was making a joke about the American legislative system.

How does this fat fuck get his food? He cant even walk.

Removing all the government and social assistance they receive would reduce their birthrates or force them to get fit.

when you can't reach around to wipe your arse and you don't know you have a problem it's probably time to kill your fat self.

>I can't control my addiction to food therefore I have more money than you
God you are pathetic. Fat people generally have lower iqs as well. Keep it up and I'm going to bully a grown fat person and hope it's you.

>would taxing fat people and fat people products work?

yes. It has worked everywhere it as been tried.

Look at Norway. Huge taxes on unhealthy shit.

Yes please. Sign me up.

>More government regulation is the solution
I think you misread my post due to the last sentence being poorly worded. My point was that less government regulation is not the solution.

Perhaps it would be more clear if I wrote "Regulating private companies to do what the government wants has the same effect as nationalization."

THERE WERE NO FAT PEOPLE IN AUSCHWITZ.

>My point was that less government regulation is not the solution
*My point was that less government regulation is the solution

Fuck I'm sloppy in the morning.

>Fuck I'm sloppy in the morning.

Shouldn't you take this to /hc/

Pay as you go health care would solve it pretty quick.

I'd tap all of those asses

Do you have health insurance? Guess what? You're paying for their care.

Same way we solve the opiate epidemic.
Leaves these cretins to their own devices. Stop resuscitating them and stop paying to accommodate them.

The absolute state is British education these days. Being fat isnt the result of genetics ahmed

>not my problem
The call of the north American lardass.

It is, partially.

Personality traits are hereditable, and certain traits will lead people to make choices that keep them thin or make them fat. There are also differences in food processing that will cause weight gain more readily.

While they can avoid being fat, they are mentally and physically less suitable for the current environment of calorific abundance, so if those genes are made less frequent, more people will stay thinner with less effort. It's not a case of genetic determinism forcing them to be fat.

let normal people who can eat whatever food they want continue to be to fine, while fat fucks are removed from health care. fuck all you retarded commies wanting the state to limit you to "fruits and vegetables" or tax "unhealthy products". you can literally get fat on whatever you want its about eating in excess.

ensuring food doesn't trigger a dopamine spike in our brains on par with hard drugs would be a good start...fat people are literally junkies to food that causes dopamine spikes and it becomes a real addiction.

Also if you wonder why drug use has skyrocketed since the 80's when processed food and fast food became the norm here....just remember even from a small child your brain is wired to enjoy a dopamine spike after a meal that looks just like a hard drug dopamine spike. Just takes the right amount of salt/sugar/fat with a carb.

I pity you.

>hereditable
Guess how i know you're a fucking retard. You cant get fat if you don't eat the calories. Next thing youre going to try to tell me is that brits are genetically predisposed to having brown teeth.

candies and junkfoods are addictive

I think they need to be treated similarly to drugs and that people should have rehabilitation options available to them that aren't exploitative

So you believe much higher prevalence of the warrior gene in blacks compared to whites has no effect on crime because they can 'just not commit crimes'?

It's not as simple as calories in/out, either. The body doesn't use everything you consume as immediate fuel.

If it is merely presence of the food, why aren't all countries equally fat? You can get similar foods in Japan as in America just as easily and they're something like 20x less fat.

Don't provide government assistance to anyone. Let them die.

>You can get similar foods in Japan as in America just as easily and they're something like 20x less fat.

Multiple factors. Ingredients f.ex. In USA FDA allows corporations to produce foods and add additives that most European countries wouldn't allow for animal consumption let alone humans.

But most importantly it's the culture surrounding food and its consumption. Eating used to be a social affair where as now it is merely something you do to keep yourself functional while sitting in your cubicle. You run as fast you can without causing the office to collapse to your car and drive to the nearest fast food joint to stuff yourself full of fats and suggars before hurrying back to please your corporate masters.

Also let us not forget that America is becoming more and more a drive through culture where anything and everything can be done from comfort ones own vehicle without lifting ones huge yet delicate little ass. We also must account the fact that we used to socialize by going out and not sitting around triggering over fitter and better looking people on facebook.

There you are. Just a few reasons behind the obesity pandemic. The list goes on but quite frankly you should get the point just fine.

I think it is also genetic, as white rice was the thing that kept easterners alive until fairly recently.

In Europe, it was dairy products, hence why we have such high lactose tolerance.

>compares MAO allele variant to highly conserved set of genes regulating metabolism
Don't bring up genetics unless you know what you're talking about. It just makes you look stupider.

Sure. I think its a total sum of a combination of genetic, biological and environmental factors and that is why its much more complicated issue than just fat people being undisciplined and lazy.

>it's the culture surrounding food and its consumption
this is it, afaik

I don't think it helps that all productive social conditioning is steadily being eroded away by feminists/liberals. It's not only that we're all constantly under attack from marketing teams who want us to abuse their products so their profits will be better and stocks will look better but now the newer generations of Americans might not even feel bad about it as political centrist bystanders just allow gravely unhealthy and unattractive to become the new normal.

>undisciplined and lazy
Show me a significant number of fat people who aren't and wrt can begin the discussion

On a political level it cannot happen.

I am not too sure about in the UK but for example in America they have lobbyists with alot of power and quite relaxed laws in relation to food compared to us.

It would be next to impossible i believe, bad food makes way too much money as it is and it is easy to do.

Taxing bad food could work if they can pass the laws like sugar tax but people will always buy bad food if they can anyways, taxing fatties could be hard but not sure if it would be a vote winner in general but it would be if peoples taxes went down but would also have to tax alcoholics and druggies etc.

>criticizing someones intelligence
>"stupider"

Maybe government built roads making cars the preferred choice of travel could have contributed.
>Smug smile

Kek. Look up the comparative for the adjective stupid. I'll wait.

now that you've looked it up, got anything else to add Corky?

>ancap paradise installed
>all roads rapidly deteriorate
>demand for off-road capable mobility scooters soars

Take some comfort in that they are almost all libtards. Between obesity and abortion there won't be a libtards left in 40 years.

>mfw you were actually the stupidest all along

Taxing fat people would just push them further into poverty, forcing them ti buy even cheaper (and more fattening) food.

They control education. They don't have to breed, they can just indoctrinate the next generation.

i agree, if they coudnt get the welfare they coudnt get food so theyd slim down enough to work or die. either outcome is cool with me.

>you don't pay for their health issues
100% wrong you retarded fatty.

Health insurance = the least healthy get subsidized by the most healthy.

Unhealthy people pay less than they receive. Healthy people pay more than they receive.

Even the democrats who love ObamaCare admit it's the case, and people defend it by saying, "they should be thankful for their health."

I am thankful for my health, but I've also had to watch what I eat and I dont stuff my face. I also exercise.

I've paid for my health through living a healthier life. I shouldn't have to pay extra $ too.

With my health, insurance should be $30/month

That is just so utterly sad and pathetic.

There is literally a thin man (skeleton) floating around tied to it with connective tissue

Angry feminist mothers create fat kids...