So I've seen 6 episodes of this and so far they've

So I've seen 6 episodes of this and so far they've
>cut out Gon's backstory with Kite
>removed an entire stage of the Hunter Exam
>censored every instance of blood and violence
>rushed through the story
>hired a shitty music composer and director
>made the colors and character designs look fucking terrible
Why do people say this is better than the 1999 version and manga again? Have they just not seen or read it?

Report and ignore.

> Have they just not seen or read it?

Yes.

>Why do people say this is better than the 1999 version and manga again?
Go into a HxH thread and you'll find people constantly saying the opposite.

Otherwise it's because 2011 is new and slick looking, people think 99 looks out dated and the manga is scribbles. They are wrong, obviously.

>the manga is scribbles. They are wrong, obviously
But this is true.

Stop this meme fag

>>cut out Gon's backstory with Kite
it's in Chimera Ant
>>removed an entire stage of the Hunter Exam
It was boring shit where the characters cook eggs, thank god
>>censored every instance of blood and violence
To keep out the edgy Naruto crowd, thank god
>>rushed through the story
It's called a consistent pacing with the manga newfag
>>hired a shitty music composer and director
The music compositions are god tier and the director respected the material
>>made the colors and character designs look fucking terrible
Get your eyes checked

This meme is almost as funny as the "2011 is good" one.

That's only in the magazine, they've been known to literally publish just the drawings from the name and not the final copy because it's better than nothing. Togashi actually pushes out completed drawings for the collected volumes and they're fucking beautiful.

Pic related IS from the volumes newfag

Only chapter with that kind of art and it fits the abstract nature of it which is probably the reason it's the only one.

It's objectively wrong and anyone who's read the tanks knows this. Togashi published scribbles for a certain period of time when his hand was injured, but they were redrawn for the tanks. It was 7 sequential volumes worth out of 33 total, only one chapter wasn't fixed.

The rest ranges from average to great (by weekly standards) and is given a boost in quality by Togashi's paneling and composition.

>that pic

Everytime I see it.

>1 chapter out of 350
You sure showed us

Pretty sure there's still a lot of scribbles in the tanks tho.

I dont understand why hxh threads are so cancerous if the anime (99) and manga is so good?

You really have to think hard of scenes they didn't butcher in 11.

That's the exception that makes the rule.
Magazine scribbles get redrawn in volumes newfag.

That's not a scribble you fucking moron. Do you only read berserk. And yes that not a question since I know you do.

>it's a meme

Because of deluded 99 fags like him

>it's in Chimera Ant
No it's not, it's like 3 seconds and they actually even changed the story and downplayed Kite and Gon's relationship.
>It was boring shit
Subjective and irrelevant, it's still cut content. Don't use pacing as an excuse because they also added random filler on the boat about the sailor.
>To keep out the edgy Naruto crowd
Are you actually defending censorship? Did you think the sparkles blood was good too?
>The music compositions are god tier
They're average with some great ones in Yorkshin and CA. Sadly they didn't know how to use them most of the time so they ruined it.
>the director respected the material
Clearly not, it's one of the blandest Madhouse adaptation and they've made a lot of shitty ones.
>Get your eyes checked
It's true, they all look lanky and like their hair is made out of plastic. They also made the faces longer and the chins pointier and it looks fucking awful.

>masterpiece.png
It's a copy pasted manga panel and the tail is clipping through the background.

It's shit.

I dont understand why hxh threads are so cancerous if the anime (2011) and manga is so good?

(You)

I want to shoot the director.

Reddit and MAL flocked to 2011 like flies to shit. It really got bad since the last couple of years though.

whoa so edgy 99fag its so cool like th part where killua kills the cub XD and so much gore omg ur badass to shoot him

So his art is just shit? Glad we cleared that out.

I'm not here to shitpost, I just want to express my love for Kurapika. Kurapika is the cutest, smartest, kindest, and most best boy ever. That is all.

r/hunterxhunter isn't bad tho.

Really loved this scene in the anime.

>newfag
Don't use a word if you don't know what it means.
You're just showing your own newfaggotry.

What was his power's name again?

(You)

Anyone can cherrypick you huge faggot.

Both anime are shit newfriend, read the manga.

Based outsourced scribbles.

Read the manga.

It isn't, at all.

Are you waiting for next chapter doing this thread or you really are a faggot?

>reading this instead of just watching 2011
kek

I think he heard the first time.

That looks pretty good though, definitely beats the ugly purple/white effect they used in that scene.

My nen restriction requires a second time though.

>getting butthurt about one or two unimportant lines of dialogue omitted
The cherrypicking and mental gymnastics you guys have to go through to find something against 2011 really tells a lot about how great it is.

You might think this is bad if you didn't understand art at all.

Lol exactly
When questioned about how 2011 sucks their best argument is "they removed cooking eggs" and "muh gore"

Based Madhouse

>ruining togashi's brilliant page with their retarded tail clipping and not even fixing it for the BD
Embarrassing.

It's very important for his character but obviously the fujoshits wanted a kid friendly killua.

The tail clipping is intentional to show how Meruem was physically becoming overwhelmed by Netero's spirit, newfag.

READ
THE
MANGA

>gorefag thinks he understands Killua's character
go back to

>maybe i can just ignore all the other arguments and add "muh" in front of a strawman
I don't understand why 2011fags try so hard to convince themselves their mediocre adaptation isn't shit. It can't be nostalgia since it only ended a couple of years ago, so what is it? Was it your gateway anime or something?
I really can't understand that delusion.

There's nothing shit about that art. It's light on detail, that's it, and it's clearly for the sake of atmosphere and emphasis.

You can really tell that people who bitch about Togashi's art don't read much manga. They've probably read Berserk and Vagabond and expect everything to be on that level, and that detail is the best gauge of art quality.

I recently have watched a lot of HxH threads in Sup Forums, even more than dbz, OP and loly threads. Is this anime so popular? I've never watched before..

Madhouse's 2011 adaptation has been met with near universal critical acclaim. While the series as a whole has received widespread praise,[133][134] the Chimera Ant arc in particular has been often singled out. In addition to being met with rave reviews, the arc has generated considerable discussion and analysis of its themes, symbols, characters and structure throughout and in the aftermath of its run. The arc is commonly viewed as a deconstruction of shōnen and action anime;[135][136] other readings have focused on supposed symbolic parallels with Buddhism[137][138] and nuclear war. Nick Creamer compared the arc to a “war drama”. In a lengthy essay, Creamer read the arc as a study of, and in the end a simultaneous critique and defense of human nature.[139]

Much of the writing surrounding the arc focuses on its villain, the Chimera Ant King. Largely echoing Creamer’s conclusion, Luke Halliday, in an examination of the character, describes his story as “an exploration into what it means to be human.”[140] In the piece, Halliday describes the King's development as “one of the most interesting and captivating in anime . . . [the King's] journey is simply unforgettable” and states his own belief that the arc “will go down as one of the greatest stories told in anime”.

Nick Creamer held similar sentiments, writing “the show’s fantastic aesthetics elevate it above almost everything out there – in direction, in sound design, in pacing, in animation, in basically every relevant aesthetic metric, Hunter x Hunter triumphs. That it’s been maintaining this level of quality for well over a hundred episodes is nothing short of astonishing.”[141]

No, fuck off.

I think you should be in bed or rewatching 4kidz wan piss.

Yes you can watch the anime on Crunchyroll

I don't care what anyone says, Berserk's art is stiff and the composition is usually cluttered and messy as fuck.

>trying to make a copypasta out of a wikipedia article
This is like the bottom level of attempting to force memes.

(You)

Details are something that even amateurs can pick on so usually most mainstream praised art works are detail based.

I think you should be on jerking off to a gore thread

The one with the properties of both, rubber and gum

Chrollo is dead.

Watch the 1999 version, user. It's worth it.

>crunchyroll
kek

>hired a shitty music composer and director
NO, fuck you

Sometimes violence has a point my christian friend.

No chance in hell

(You)

>defending censorship and watered down content
You can't make this shit up, 2011fags are this delusional.

This has now become a copypasta hasn't it?

The sad thing is that there are fags who actively believe it.

2011fags are tumbliberals.

No, it's just one faggot spamming it since the other thread. Report, filter and hide.

Fucking hell, stop valuing polish over effect. It's not smooth and shiny looking because it's meant to create an impression instead. Eg, the page with Welfin is supposed to convey his stress and paranoia, therefore it has rough lines and excessive text to show his frantic mental process. His face is divided into multiple panels and there's no background to keep focus on the fact that we're hearing what's going on in his head, and it feels tense and claustrophic as a result.

I feel stupid just typing such a babby level analysis but if you don't understand what I'm saying you're beyond help. The page with the king is even more obvious with the effect it's going for.

I still don't understand how anyone can bitch about faithfulness to the manga, then turn around and praise 1999. People who are manga purists and hate both adaptations I at least get, but 99fags preaching this are downright hypocritical.

But my mom doesn't let me watch violent shows!

>implying the manga doesnt have homosexual, black, and transsexual characters
Togashi is a tumblrite face it

I'm pretty sure those are just people pointing out that 2011 isn't exactly faithful either, i don't see any bitching about it.

Don't ruin sakamoto for me faggot.

(You)

Are you even in the same thread I am?

At least 99 when it deviated tried something new, something different. Instead of just removing things or watering things down without any clear direction other than to make it more kid friendly which is what 11 did.

Why are these threads so shitty when the series is so good

nostalgiafags shitting up the threads with their memes and poor quality screenshots

Because of obnoxious fans who have a warped view of the world where they think everyone else is the problem.

It's nearly summer and 2011 attracted a lot of underage posters.

Too bad everything went to the shitter after golden age arc.

Yeah the manga is good. Popular with teenagers and mediocre anime is the problem.

That's not true, it went to shit after Schierke was introduced.

Actually hxh threads used to be just fine until 2011 anime started.

Plus most of the oldfags got sick of the 2011 newfags and left for good, so contrary to popular belief by 2011fags, there's very little in the way of nostalgia to be had in HxH threads.

99 or 2011?

Yeah it did get bad after 2011. Not because of the people who saw the new anime though, because of the nostalgia fags who just have to shove their gay pretentious opinions down everyone's throats.