Orchestr/a/ plays Zzz

Zzz (Nichijou ED) - youtube.com/watch?v=LFTyI8Ck8Q4
Coffee with Bossa (K-On! Movie) - youtube.com/watch?v=k1dyeBGGE_4

A new song and a rerecording of an old one, played by Sup Forumsnons. Anyone who can play an instrument, feel free to join in.
Second album is set to be released in just under two months' time, if any drawfags would be willing to create a cover it would be greatly appreciated.
Things are mostly coordinated through titanpad.com/orchestra2

FAQ: pastebin.com/GEsC6yuq
Works in Progress: pastebin.com/JTA0xip0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mK8Jec9VIa8
a.pomf.cat/xauuzc.wav
a.pomf.cat/obpsvn.wav
youtube.com/watch?v=r4_w-_YxWmU
youtube.com/watch?v=2yHLFTpyZNo
a.pomf.cat/gkqqjz.png
youtube.com/watch?v=a_UxWeBT1BY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I expected nothing but came all over that Nichijou ED. Stick with playing instead of singing, Anons.

Fuck. That Zzz is good.

Good job on the Bossa lads

Always look forward to you guys' finished work.
Both songs are great.
Makes me wish I could play.

That was great

It's never too late to learn user, just be prepared to be disheartened before you start getting the hang of it.

(Mainly) Trombonefag from Orchestr/a/ here - I'm taking quickshot requests for anything for the next few hours or so. Just gimme a reference.

(Also Melodica and Trumpet but I'm definitely way more shit at those.)

youtube.com/watch?v=mK8Jec9VIa8

Your favorite OP or ED this season.

Wew guys, I'm a filthy newfag but quite good on the Cello, I look forward to helping out as soon as I have some time!
I also play the banjo (as well as classical/electric guitar, piano and harmonica, but I bet there are plenty of better player than me with those)

10/10 Zzz

Zzz was amazing. Good job anons.
Have a nippa.

a.pomf.cat/xauuzc.wav
Shaft's Soundtracks in general are very fun to play around with.

a.pomf.cat/obpsvn.wav
Not my AOTS, but damn if it's not the most fun OP this season.

>banjo
Please play the Konosuba ED.

It always amazes me how well these usually turn out considering it's just a bunch of guys playing into shit mics.

bumping for JUSTICE

~da ze

nice

ZZZ was very good.

A small suggestion for the future: whoever is producing these, conservative use of AutoTune on the horns, when there's harmonies being done, would make all the difference in the world. Y'all always have tuning issues with the horns when I listen to these, although this was by far the best thing I've heard from y'all so far.

Come play for us, what's the worst that could happen

You'll be stuck here

Damn, that ZZZ is so fucking good.

ZZZ is your best work yet, well done anons.

Play for us already what the hell

Where's the Indian National Technology Day songs?

Fuck that sounds nice, especially zzz. Great job anons.

don't worry, if you're not a loli, the chance of you getting raped is low*

Here's some news RIGHT OFF THE PRESSES
Our next project is apparently Nico Nico Douga so play for us already, what the fuck are you waiting for we need at least a hundred people

This is the best cover of Zzz since youtube.com/watch?v=r4_w-_YxWmU

Keep it up guys, you're doing fantastic job over there

This is great! I'm going to have to dig my alto sax out sometime soon and see if I'm still any good.

I'm working on the Kumamiko ED arrangement.
The part before the chorus was originally going to be chanting but I think most people want Orchestr/a/ recordings to only be played.

Any ideas for how I can write the chanting section for instruments?

turn them into notes

kazoo's

Done

No

All that was actually pretty good. wow

I try to avoid using autotune for reasons, I usually try to fix out of tune stuff with manual pithshifting but if that doesn't work or the difference is small enough I just leave it as is.

If any drawfag is here, or if you know your local drawfag, please send him to this address

www.titanpad.com/orchestra2

We need some album art! Also art in general of our waifus! You can start with mine, she's right here! ---->

Look drawfags, forget about the album, just draw my waifu, that's all I ask

Shut up and pay your clarinet saxxy

Can I save this image?

Take it! It's all yours my friend!

Very cute.

Flugelhorns are important too.

Nice kiddy trumpet.

youtube.com/watch?v=2yHLFTpyZNo

A preview of what's coming through the pipeline soon. Related: a.pomf.cat/gkqqjz.png

>Same picture twice
Fuck.

makes me wish I had an instrument...

Makes me wish that the instrument I do play is needed in any of the works in progress

ukulele

You can pop in and ask people to arrange for you. We change what instruments we use regularly according to what's available.

Animenz please come back

That Zzz is great. Congrats, anons.

Surprisingly good stuff guys, I always expect cringe with these things. Some notes are ever so slightly off tempo as is always the case with non-professionals but gets a solid A grade from me.

In my opinion Zzz is very forgiving for mistakes like those

Zzz cover is my favorite orchestr/a/ cover so far.

Pretty not bad. Keep it up.

Do more Nichijou covers please.

Also, it was a pretty good Zzz.

Tenor sax player here, I don't consider myself very good at my instrument but do you guys think I should at least try to play a few parts that are needed? These types of projects seem like a lot of fun.

Yeah nobody claims to be good here, there are still like 8 tenor parts unrecorded if you want.

Alright, I'll start taking a look at the stuff now and I'll probably try to record something on the weekend, the tenor part to Fun Fun from Lucky Star seems like something I should be able to play. So should I just record it with Audacity or something, than upload it to mega/mediafire/soundcloud/whatever?

yep

The popular choices are mediafire and mega, but anything works

Remember to record with the song or the midi provided so mixers don't have to fix too much.

so if a song has like 30 measures of rest in the beginning, make the recording also have those 30 measures of rest?

There's no need, you can also skip the rests too if you want (a few people do that), as long as the phrases are relatively in time it's fine.

>you can also skip the rests too if you want
I meant the rests between phrases, those can also be skipped.

After all these years you lot finally managed to do a good one.

Pretty much all of the more recent ones have been great if you ask me.

Love the Zzz. Keep it up, you colossal faggots.

Prepare yourself for disappointment I guess because not everything is salvageable with modern audio engineering.

any plans to play rakugo shinjuu's op?
youtube.com/watch?v=a_UxWeBT1BY

>fujoshit

Wow, nice work guys. That Zzz sounds fantastic.

I love the 'grassroots' sound you guys have. Just listening I can image everyone tooting along happily and it's cute how pretty much every instrument gets a little solo bit.

So the genre of the show it came from somehow makes the song less valid for orchestr/a/?
Hell, I've never watched it but that OP is godly.