Why are Millennials refusing to grow up and become responsible adults?

Why are Millennials refusing to grow up and become responsible adults?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2017.09.13-181851/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/11454812/Spanish-parents-must-support-their-children-financially-for-life.html
youtu.be/dmjegYYYlUE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1) why should they when the world offers very little for doing so?
2) they have no money cuz boomers shipped all the jobs to asia

how do you do that

They (especially liberals) grew up so insanely sheltered that they're now afraid to deal with reality so they delude themselves into thinking that if they turn the government into a third parent they can extend their childhood

Family support allows paying lower salaries to young people.

Because the west has created a world that isn't worth working for

Welcome societal collapse it happens every 500 years or so

archive.is/2017.09.13-181851/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/11454812/Spanish-parents-must-support-their-children-financially-for-life.html

>Clara is now 31 years old. Her lawyer says she has taken several jobs since completing her studies, but has not yet managed to find a long-term position in keeping with her studies.

Ah, so it's a case of some PhD in basketweaving refusing to settle for any long-term work outside of her basketweaving field.

1.) If they go to college/university for a good job, they are basically have debt for most of their life.

2.) If they don't have an education, they have to bust their fucking ass just to get by.

3.) All while being told, when they were growing up, the American dream was real and supported hard work and dedication even though that's bullshit.

4.) Their parents, liberal and conservative alike, largely fucked them by voting neoconservatives and neoliberal assholes into office... Both of which gleefully allowed jobs to be shipped overseas so they have nothing.

This sort of hyperbole is sort of bullshit. I know a lot of people who took classes to get degrees that their high school job counselors/college administrations promised would be growing fields... But was bullshit.

I can't get laid so I don't try, and focus on my immediate gratification. 26 year old virgin on welfare

>I know a lot of unemployable retards
>Flag

Checks out.

Working a real job and earning for yourself will give you 10x the gratification than being a neet virgin on welfare

are there more of these?

Honestly if you went to college and didn't get a STEM or business degree you're an idiot. If you didn't decide to go pick up a trade skill after not finding work in your shitty degree, you don't deserve to live.

Agreed
>went to college
>got a meme degree
>had to spend 3.5 years shoveling shit to get me a pretty comfy insurance career
>could have skipped all that if I would have just got a BA or something

Whatever college in general is a meme I bet I've learned more about buisness and finance due to my own reading than I would have learned in buisness school anyway.

Wild have saved me some time and credit card debt to have dont a buisness degree though

>1.) If they go to college/university for a good job, they are basically have debt for most of their life.
It's Spain, not the US. Education isn't expensive at all.

I was a programmer, made lots of money. Living alone made me miserable and eventually my career failed. There's happiness and then there's distraction.

>It's Spain, not the US. Education isn't expensive at all.

In Spain, education isn't education at all.

extended families are the true redpill. theres nothing wrong with living together with your family and/or your spouse's family after you get married. so long as everyone is being useful and supporting each other financially and emotionally. I say emotionally because the behaviors and nuances of others will start to piss anyone off after so many years; patience is key however, the only problem is that in America, where independence and freedom is glorified and where youre used to everything being handed to you on a gold platter for a very cheap price, no one is used to actually putting in real hard work to become a responsible adult capable of owning a house or solving real world problems. we all take shit for granted because of this capitalist and consumerist culture.. even each other without wanting to realize it or wanting to fix it. instead, 17-18 yr olds cant wait to move out of their "insufferable" parents house to go live the "free" life (living in a cheap apartment with a friend, or better yet, a stranger and getting by on food stamps).

humans are to blame. we watch youtube videos about cute adorable animals playing around, then start eating burgers and bacon harvested from very such animals.

is there any other life form on this planet that simply does not give a fuck more than a human?

I'm an anarchist because I realize how fucked up all economic systems are.

Holy crap i know I dont live in Spain or want to but boy does the idea of having children looking bleak

>thinks all economic systems are fucked up
>decides to support the most retarded economic system of all

That's nice, antifa.

>parents took away the opportunities of their children
>amazed that they can't get their lives started

Millennials wouldn't be such liberal cucks if there were jobs for them to work since they were 14.

Unfortunately immigrants are given the jobs white teens used to have due to government regulation and min. wage laws.

>Kids are taught to hit up their parents for spending money growing up, rather than having to work for it.

>2017
>employment

Different times different rules, wagie.

Why should they?

What meaning is there in doing that? They're just gonna end up dead sooner or later, with the most they can hope for is leaving money for something abstract like their "future generations" or leaving "contributions to their race", which will never have any impact in their lives.

So, why should they forsake their own enjoyment in the little time they have for meaningless concepts?
The only real way to live is the parasitic one, taking advantages of others and letting them make the sacrifices while maximizing your joy for your time.

There is no hope for happiness in the modern day. That why I gave up.

Millennial median income in the USA is like 20k, you can not support yourself on that.

What are you talking about? I'm 26 and there were plenty of jobs in my small town, even with immigrant labor.

During my teens I worked at pizza hut and a grocery store

College and lack of motivation.

Not true. I've been there and done that. I crashed and burned through being completely miserable and ended up moving back in with my mom and dad after managing living on my own for 2 years. I see no reason to go back out there. Life is complete and total shit. There's nothing out there that is worth doing or even remotely satisfying.

>2 degrees
>unemployed for the last 6 months

I guess I should get a McJob and make burgers

Also, this. Folks don't realize that the "nuclear family" is about as unnatural as it gets. Family's are supposed to be families.

because they get all the drawbacks and none of the benefits?

it's not like there's a wife and family and stable job in my future if i put in a decent effort. it's more like a monumental effort for a shit job i get laid off from, a shitty cunt that dumps me for a wealthier or more aggresive man, and child support payments.

or i can give up and play video games. gee i wonder what i'll do

But don't you see. You obviously took so liberal arts degree and are an idiot... Not because people fucked the economy.

Honestly, lets question this really quick here. The daughter is 31 years old and still requires her "divorced" father to pay for her living expense. Now lets look at this before you fucking faggots bitch about millennials. The father is divorced from the wife meaning the childhood of said 31year old was probably really shitty a broken home type situation was this her fault? No of course not now lets ask why this 31yr old needs money at 31? Hmm if she was a well adjusted person with a loving family that was still together with a good family life growing up do you honstly believe that she'd need this? Regardless of how boomers ruined this country it still remains the fact that the parents are to blame 100% and not because of this either. A lot of millennials grow up in broken homes and in the past at least you could make up for how shitty you were as a person by working hard as fuck. Now days? Nope not with HR being what it is today. Are you slightly weird personality are you a bit off putting maybe not so good with social situations but would be a good worker bee anyway? Well guess what fucker HR is here to stop you from ever getting a chance in that situation.

I'm sorry but the way you raise your kids affects how they are as adults and when you raise them in a shit environment expecting them to be well adjusted is bullshit. This is why fucking MILLENNIALS are treated like trash. Oh and if you have a loving family with two parents whom are still together and did the best for you. You have no fucking excuse.

1 STEM
1 Business
2 Internships
1 Campus job
Charity Manager/Coordinator
Fraternity
Proficient with several programming languages

>Can't get a call for an interview

I know of two people with 2 masters degrees in non-liberal arts shit that can't make more then 30k a year and one of them just took a fucking pay cut.

Because boomers that's why.

We were raised believing that we all should go to college, and we would have a good job with nice pay, just like our boomer parents.
But all people with college degrees made them useless, and to make things worse we import sub humans from Africa to do the blue collar that were supposed to be ours

In contrast I know a guy with a Master's in Accounting

He was literally CFO at 26, lol.

>It's who you know

>(((charity)))
Surprised the Jews didn't see you as a nice compliant shabbos goy and hire you

This. The amount of effort you put in just doesn't make sense with the reward. Also, I've never met a girl that sticks it out with you during a low period. If you quit your job while still looking for a new one, or in some way you've hit a slump, women flee from you. Even though you bounce back a month later, they just run off on the first sign of trouble. Women are so untrustworthy it's insane. They flee from one parter to the other and you just know it's foolish to ever convince yourself to "settle down" with one. You'll just end up being married for 6 months and God forbid you had a baby with the naturally polyamorous female, you're basically fucked for life. The meme about all women being whores is true. Your best bet is to marry a dumpy looking girl other guys wouldn't be interested in but at that point... why even bother, lol. Easier to just shit post all day.

That's a trick, there aren't TOO many degrees.

There are TOO FEW good jobs.

>import millions of H1B workers for white collar jobs
>millions of illegal immigrants working illegally for blue collar jobs, forming their own job networks
>800k DACA recipients working white collar jobs and taking up university spots
>outsourcing
>automation
>industries dead/dying
>weak dollar/inflation

It's literally just the economy.

I know someone who interned at the holocaust museum in LA didn't do anything for him. Only if you are jewish will it help you.

Imaginase tu si el niƱo no es el tuyo, pero tu tienes que pagar para el hijo de tu esposa. Jajaja que conuderia.

>Why are Millennials refusing to grow up and become responsible adults?
They have bitched and complained their whole life, and their parents gave it to them to shut them the fuck up. They have been brainwashed to demand that reality bend to suit them.

This is what I have witnessed. It just seems like failure to accept reality.

No! You are forbidden from thinking about your happiness. STOP! You can be programmer, an electrical engineer, or a machinist. And you find it fulfilling. It is the only thing you are allowed to do, so enjoy it.

Flood Western countries with foreign invaders thereby raising costs and lowering wages and then whine about how native-born young people have to live at home with their parents. Execute every fucking Boomer.

Well the world that I was born into was shaped by (((them))) and clueless fucking baby boomers. Everything is inflated to such an insane price and the west keeps getting hordes of refugees to replace major populations.

It's very ignorant for you to ask why millennials can't grow up when society is on the edge of disaster, when you know it won't get any better from here.

Our governments want conflict and turmoil and millennials have that in mind over settling down and having kids.

They did it to keep housing prices rising, keep fresh blood for welfare/pension ponzi schemes.

Any social program (which I am against but if you must have them) should continue to function even with a sharply contracting population size..but they are ponzi schemes so they never do.

It's like some black guy took a giant shit in their vaginas with his dick.

>gleefully allowed jobs to be shipped overseas
But you're a fucking anarcho-communist, so you think borders are only lines on paper and don't exist, so you can't believe that shipping jobs overseas could possibly have negative economic effects

>Why are Millennials refusing to grow up and become responsible adults?
Probably because Spain has a 20% unemployment rate.

At this point I would rather try to push for civil war than try to live an adult life in the modern western world. Partly why I shit post all day. I want to try and meme it into a reality. In a way I sort of am trying to reach the future I want, Kek.

One of those people looks like a mell

How sad is your life that you're one of many people who post this thread every fucking day? Kys

etc

All you kys for answering slide bullshit. Is this literally your first day here?

How is 31 year old millenial?

Because it sucks, that's why. I have a comfy office job with a company car and I keep getting told I should be happy I get to do this. Protip: it sucks anyway.

Because I don't want to and I don't think I can succeed even if I try.

Millennial means those who came to age at the turn of the century. It is generally considered to start ~1980

bump

>slide bullshit
>two replies in
you cant tell if its a slide thread until the thread becomes long like it is now

What's been slided anyway? Is there some thread I should be in right now, oh great arbiter of 4chin?

Yep. It's crap.

And that's the point.

Oh, good god... A thread about race mixing disappeared. Now we're down to only 7!

>He was literally CFO at 26, lol.
>CFO
I can go create an LLC today and be a CEO at 20, what is your point?

lolwut you could be living in a mud hut and digging in the dirt for food if it weren't for the awesome economic system you're living in.

Unlike in the boomer era, doors are closed, shit is fucked. The days of getting a decent job by having shit/no qualifications are gone. We're living on the brink of collapse.

Sure thing master Point me in the direction of which fucking thread you feel is worth responding to

Funny thing is, what you want is what we need.

You should probably learn how to spell business though.

I don't see how his spelling is any of your buisness, franlky

Life is hard and there aren't opportunities for everyone.

There's nothing wrong with sticking with your tribe until an opportunity arises. The stigma created from stay at home kids is ridiculous.

Yeah but Like I said in my earlier post the doors have not only been shut but have been shut on people who traditionally do not have a specific type of personality. Before people could get a job even if they had different personalities they could force themselves to fit in and do some task. Now you get filtered out by fucking HR.

European cottage life. If we could freeze frame the time and development to that period, I think I would. Where you had a real community, and entire families would get together and drink wine and laugh and celebrate. If you dropped out of the modern day world, that just means you are human. If you're actually managing a life today, you're hopped on 4-5 pills that make you forget how fucking miserable you really are. Life is really fucking empty and meaningless right now.

>Now you get filtered out by fucking HR.
70% of the jobs being listed are not going to end up anywhere. HR makes them up to keep busy. You are going to have to meet someone from inside the company to get a job.

CFO not CEO

And it's an established multi-million dollar company

Why do all job needs:
> Below 25
> Fresh Master's degree in the field
> At least 5-10 years expertise
> Hands on experience with [cue long list of technologies]

Yeah, enjoy paying for rent, food, and student loan from a 12 hour unpaid internship.

Lol Spanish Boomers BTFO. PAY UP PAYPIGGY

Because they don't show shorts like this before movies anymore.

youtu.be/dmjegYYYlUE

>And it's an established multi-million dollar company
So his dad (or friend) has a business and he hired his son. Also, multi-million could be a contracting or roofing company, no that hard if you know what you are doing.

It sucks though when "your tribe" has the pitchforks out on you and is pushing you to be homeless soon. Fucking boomer parents.

Because the economy is shit, maybe?

>70% of the jobs being listed are not going to end up anywhere
That's true but sometimes you actually get an interview and there little tests or answers you give will not be up to what they think will fit there specific personality.

>Why won't the family court do what I want

Boomers BTFO you made your bed

>1PBTID
No bump for you. Didn't make me think.

I wasn't allowed to get a job my mother forbid it. I wish it wasn't the case, as it fucked me over, both in mental preparation for having a job and in getting needed experience. Until I decided to go back to school in my mid 20's I was pretty much fucked. That's single mothers for you though.

Boomers don't want to pay their employees

>le wrong generation
>not realizing every previous generation has also had lazy mother fuckers like you

Man if only there was some way to compensate you for doing all this work. Like if they paid you every so often... hmmm thinking emojii

Lol I graduated from UCLA and had a job right after graduation and lived on my own for two years before crashing and burning from the total misery of my office job. "Happy pills" aren't the answer. They just fool you by detaching you from your feelings somewhat, but you can snap out of them when you realize nothing in your life even remotely resembles happiness.

I'm not lazy, I worked hard for this. Life is just total trash. You're lying to yourself, or you're ok with hopping yourself up on pills to get through your meaningless life. Civil War is the honest to God answer, I am totally convinced of it.

>We're all just clusters of tetrahedrons
>Wave energy dancing for ourselves

Nihilism and happy pills are unironically the best way to get through modern day life. It's very sad. I would rather stake my life on trying to flip this shit around. I see no possibility of happiness in the alternative.

The sad thing is the parents of a "millennial" are more than likely to be genX or genY, not boomers.

>le disillusioned people are lazy meme
>not realizing some people work their fucking ass off and have nothing to show

What incentive do they have to do so?

Get a trade, work for yourself. Trust me it's the answer.

this.

young people born after 80's have no realistic idea about the world. they learnt gibberish things from media, hollywood. they're brainwashed.

Those news are from 2015, things have changed a lot in the last two years, the economic recovery is real and the unemployement has dropped a lot, now is at 17% while in 2015 was at 24%, young unemployement was at 50% and now is at 35%. Sure, still shitty but things are going the right way.