How do you actually get into good manga? i have read a few manga series in the past and i want to get back into it...

How do you actually get into good manga? i have read a few manga series in the past and i want to get back into it, however, i have a few issues. most good series i hear about are difficult to get hold of, or too long. i have been trying to look up good series but most of the suggestions are like 30 volumes long, i dont really have the room for 30 volumes. what do?

Stop being a faggot.

great advice. really helped me.

A) People who read actually good manga are never going to let you know about it. If they recommend anything, don't expect it to be compared to other manga, because
B) Enjoyable works stand well on their own and reading them is simply fun.

I'm not sure how you expect to find anything good when you have to ask other people really broad and useless questions and when you judge a manga quite literally by its spine.

dont think you really understood the questions. im asking how people actually get into good manga if most of it is ridiculously long and out of print, at least the ones i see recommended. how do people have the room, or get hold of them? best manga i have read is monster and barely anyone recommends it.

A) People who read actually good manga are never going to let you know about it. If they recommend anything, don't expect it to be compared to other manga, because
B) Enjoyable works stand well on their own and reading them is simply fun.

i dont do this anyway. all im looking for is short, good manga but i cant find any that are in print. any that are above 20 volumes, are way too long for my living space.

>out of print, at least the ones i see recommended. how do people have the room, or get hold of them?

Do you seriously think most of the people who read manga actually buy the volumes?

yes, i know a lot of people read it online but i thought the majority bought it. reading manga online is dirty. the art looks shitty through the computer screen, it takes the piss to load in comparison to holding the actual book, its more relaxing and portable to own the book. If the actual anime is finished, reading the manga online is retarded.

>reading online
Stop being such a fucking faggot already.

Books are smalelr and dont handle double page spreads as well as screen.

have you tried with blame!?

It's your loss then, there are tons of good but long running manga and you will never read it because "muh printed book"

Just read it you worthless piece of shit, if something being too long is an issue for you stick to season anime like every pleb does

the books are easily big enough to thoroughly present a double page spread. plus you are not even supporting the artists if you read them online. manga artists work hard as fuck, and they are pretty cheap

Many of the best manga will never get an official US release.

>the art looks shitty through the computer screen
Depends on the quality of the scans and whether your screen is shit or not.
>takes the piss to load in comparison to holding the actual book
Why the fuck would you use a manga streaming site instead of downloading the whole thing in .zip files
>it's more relaxing and portable to own the book
I kinda agree, I like the feeling of reading an actual book but if you want portability just buy a cheap tablet with a good screen and use perfect viewer or similar apps.
>If the actual anime is finished, reading the manga online is retarded
Not all anime manga adaptations are good, and a lot of them change stuff from the manga. Plus a lot of adaptations are only 1 cour which means they don't fully adapt the story in most cases and they only serve as publicity for the manga.

TL;DR buy a tablet, download manga, enjoy comfy reading.

i cant though. it isnt an issue of me not having the time or patience, i dont have the room. my room is already full of books.

just have several hiatus

>2 watermarks
>double streaming

>the books are easily big enough to thoroughly present a double page spread
Which is ruined by a huge crease in the middle of the art.

>my room is already full of books.
Either read the manga on some site or download it, not that hard.

I agree on the supporting the artist thing but you gotta remember that stuff that gets licensed and printed in the west is just a small portion of all the series there are. A huge part of those end up never getting licensed and the only translations they get are fanmade. Not to mention a lot of the stuff that gets licensed is poorly translated and/or dropped halfway through the series.

I download manga and if I like it I usually end up buying the volumes in jap to support the actual artist. Buying localized stuff doesn't give the artist much money if any at all.

Nigger just buy a tablet with a good screen and you can have all the manga you want without taking up room.

>you are not even supporting the artists if you read them online. manga artists work hard as fuck,
You aren't supporting them either.
At least we can choose to buy the manga if we liked what we read digitally.
You just completely refuse to read or support them because [___].

If supporting them was so important to you and buying their manga was the only way to do it, then you could still just buy the manga and store them outside of your flat.

thanks for the reply. i imagine reading manga on a tablet would definitely be more comfy than reading it on a laptop but there is just something about actually holding the book, and seeing the art on the paper that is more enjoyable to me. one of the main reasons i read manga is for the art, if i wanted to read something for the story, i would read an actual book. the stories in mangas are pretty shit compared to good books but the art makes up for it, in my opinion anyway.

>If supporting them was so important to you and buying their manga was the only way to do it, then you could still just buy the manga and store them outside of your flat.
its not that important to me desu. i would just appreciate a good mange that is decent size. i will just stick to actual books if i cant find anything. i will take into consideration what everyone has said though.

Doesn't barely any of the money get back to the artist anyway? Isn't it kinda pointless?

I assumed OP was talking about importing.

Does OP even read Japanese?

>has never read HQ scans
You are retarded, a physical copy is smaller and less clear than reading good scans on a portrait monitor. And sometimes you just have to sacrifice quality to read a good series. It's still worth it in the end.

seeing printed drawing on a screen is always going to be worse quality. seeing actual drawings and painting on paper is always better. ask any artists who reviews drawing or art, they wouldent view it on a computer screen. its the difference between seeing anything on a screen and in real life.