I'm liking this significantly more than Bakemonogatari

I'm liking this significantly more than Bakemonogatari.

Am I just an idiot?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Juneko00/status/730337143978131456/photo/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I heard this was to be expected.

Nah, just horny

The final episode is hype as fuck, and not just because it's about mai waifu

It's underrated. I liked it a lot, I still prefer Bake but it had some excellent parts.

Most people just remember the toothbrush and bathtub scenes and somehow forget all the other good stuff.

makes sense, karen and tsukihi are the best monogatari girls

Nise is the most shamelessly self-indulgent of the monogataris, but it does also have some good scenes and storylines.

It also marks the transition to the slightly more polished, slightly less experimental style that was to become the default Monogatari "look."

No.

It's a meme to shit on it for the shameless fanservice but I was legitimately impressed with how many levels the "imitation" motif worked across the narrative.
Episode 1 is one of my favorite episodes in the series with how well Araragi and Hachikuji play off each other.
Kaiki is a great villain and turns into an even better character later.
And you can't go without mentioning the reconciling with Shinobu.

I don't know if Bake was overhyped to me or what, but I really didn't feel anything when I watched it

the art and presentation are interesting but that's about it. the characters were boring, all they do is talk in long-winded jokes or metaphors or non-sequiturs

You've been an idiot since you were conceived so don't worry about that.

I remember that I finished watching the series after Nisemonogatari back in 2013 because I thought that it's the last season

I just rewatched it and I'm loving every second of it. The artstyle, dialogue and characters are awesome. There's a little bit too much fanservice but it's okay.

Should I watch in this order?
>Bake
>Nise
>Neko:Kuro
>Second Season
>Hana
>Tsuki
>Owari
>Koyomi
>Kizu

Don't forget about Ore Monogatari and Katanagatari

Liking either already means you're an idiot.

It introduces some of the best characters in the entire series.
It's also my favorite season.

But Sup Forums told me Monogatari was for smart people!

Which subs should I watch for this?

Just finished bake.

Well it's not for smart people, it just requires a specific kind of humor and a little bit of patience to enjoy it. Being smart helps too, but it's not a requirement.

coalgirls is good, I like commie subs but I'm also a moron so idk

hidamari is smarter than monogatari.

is this true?
twitter.com/Juneko00/status/730337143978131456/photo/1

Coalgirls

Probably.

I like Bake the most out of all to be honest, because it works as a standalone story so well. Not to say that other season are bad, but Bakemonogatari holds a special place in my heart.

Nisemonogatari has the best animation quality in the entire series, and while Tsukihi Phoenix is very rushed, I think it's one of the stronger seasons as a whole, seeing as Second Season tends to be very uneven.

It's more polished in terms that is has all of that bake money on it, and it's literally made for people who liked the characters in bake, as it has lot's of fanservice from them and many lighthearted conversations with them, it's pretty happy fun times in general. The sisters story while not amazing still has some really neat stuff in it, like the introduction of the other oddities hunters, the many plays with the theme of imitation and some really well animated but also a little poorly adapted fights. In the end if you liked the characters from bake and doesnt hate the sisters nise can be as fun or more than bake, but if you just want a concise and tense story then you will leave disappointed.

It's not that it's for smart people, but if you are dumb you probably wont like it, that doesnt go both ways though.

Hidamari is one of the few shows I remember dropping indignantly, because I wasted 4 episodes waiting for it to pick up, and episode 5 was literally "MC has a cold. Watch her stare at walls". Fuck that entire franchise.
The girls aren't even cute.

>The girls aren't even cute.
Whoa, user. Let's not say anything we might regret.

I'll give it to Miyako, but fuck just about everyone else.

Nise is a lot more pretentious that Bake

Read: it actually had a consistent theme.

thanks i will

dumb frogposter

She's canonically pretty smart. You take that back.

not "dumb frog" poster

"dumb frogposter"

you are the dumb

Because it was only about his sister's and Kaiki, Kaiki being a con artist, Tsukihi being his fake sister and Karen faking her motivation. He rejects 2 and accepts one just to maintain the status quo instead of accepting change.

Bake had 5 girls and Oshino but it was less preachy.

My favorite arc of the whole series was probably Hitagi End. Specifically Kaiki interacting with purple joke girl.

Is Koyomimonogatari worth watching at all? Why is Kizu only coming to home video in practically August?

Mayoi Jiangshi continues to be the highlight of the series for me. It felt like an episode of Rick & Morty.
>Shin & 'Ragi

Koyomi is hit and miss, although you absolutely need to watch the last episode to understand what's going on in Mayoi Hell.

No it's actually all good and you were memed.

It's a reasonable time frame for a new novel to be released in and I'd be surprised if Nademonogatari didn't have Nadeko in it since it's spelled with the same kanji as her name. Well, I wouldn't be too surprised if Nisio intentionally made the name misleading.

Definitely watch the final 2 episodes as they contain new plot. Koyomi torus (episode 7?) is also just plain great.

also koyomi water (Ep 4) for zoku owari

Eh, I thought Nise went too trippy.

Monogatari Season 2 has Hasegawa as the main character, so look forward to that.

No, Nise is the best Monogatari, even outside of the fanservice scenes.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

S2 > Owari > Tsuki > Koyomi > Nise > Bake > Hana > Neko

Its entirely taste, I had probably the most fun with Nise but thats mostly because Bake had already introduced me to the characters

Bake > Nise > Koyomi
The rest are right

>Am I just an idiot?

You are most definitely a horse-deer.

The answer is always - without exception - release order.

The only question is anime release order or novel release order.

If you are watching the anime, anime release order.
If you are reading the novel, novel release order.

I'm pretty sure Shaft didn't intend for Kizu to come out 4 years late though.

I'm afraid so.

no
bake is certainly 10/10,
but every installment since has just gotten better and better
i feel they were still exploring what they wanted to do and how for most of the first cour
people who don't think nise or hana or anything else in this franchise is just fantastic are retarded

it is literally not possible to be better than 10/10.

No. Bake is overrated by nostalgiafags and Crabfags. The other installments are generally l better.

Yes. Bake is the only decent one in this garbage series

fluffy donuts

You're just going through puberty or have a little sister fetish like literally all of Sup Forums. If you castrate yourself, you'll realize it's not as good as you think it is. Try it and see.

>Sup Forums not shitting all over nise

Is this bizarro Sup Forums?

Tsuki wasn't fantastic

I want to re watch Bake, which subs do you recommend?

If you don't know Japanese, there is no real point in watching any part of this series

you just like fanservice more

Good taste. I might actually put Owari behind Tsuki, because that last half wasn't so hot.

Honestly, kind of. Nise is worse, but it's not bad at all, it's just that the fanservice is dialed to 11.

Why is that bad?

Honestly, it gets to the point where it detracts from the series a little. It's high quality fanservice though.

It's not as bad as, say, Kenichi, but it really is excessive.

But how does it detract from anything?

It's understandable, you get to meet second best girl.

bake = 7/10
nise = 8/10
neko = 6/10
SS = 8/10

(I stopped watching here)

Tsuki had the best fanservice in the series though.

>neko
>6/10

not even unless you're a bird fag

>

I liked Oni best

eveything is ok

a 6/10 is decent

>heavily cherry-picked images taken from entirely one scene
>out of context phrases contrasting different frames in the scene

Please tell me you uploaded this for the fanservice-y frames and not because you think it's actually funny or an actual criticism of the series as a whole

There's more to Monogatari than the puns you retard.

>ACTUALLY BEING THIS FUCKING NEW

you're right, it also has sexualized minors

>nekomonogatari
>only decent

-gatari is kind of like SZS somehow in that it gets better once you are past the character establishment part.

Also you are probably an idiot too but that is irrelevant to this conversation.

Now you understand.

I understand that a lot of the phrases used are ones generally used to describe the show, but please don't tell me you think it's funny. Aren't you the one that's new?

When did you start coming to the board? 2013? 2012?

How can one person be so new and retarded?

>rehash of last bake arc
>being good

2012 is actually about as old as that image actually

Sure thing whatever you say

Except, you know, extremely more fleshed out.

>Doesn't point out flaws in argument
>Doesn't address or analyze the post in any way
>Calls poster new and retarded to avoid having to explain his opinions
How can one person be so new and retarded?

Why am I not surpsrised that you're the same retard that actually said to not bother watching Monogatari if you don't know Japanese.

But I'm not, though
>changing topics this hard

neko was clearly worse unless you really like Hanekawa and we already had the ONA

When you're out of puberty you'll understand.

You mean when my libido shrivels up and dies?
That is going to be a tad farther than just past puberty user.

Best girls = best arc

I agree for some girls, but I'm not sure about best girl snail.