Did he lose on purpose?

Did he lose on purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oS7Rg089Qfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

Definitely not.

this. He even aimed for Peco's bad leg, but it didn't matter.

You see, heroes don't have weak spots.

Absolutely. Winning was never his goal. He wants to see his hero in his prime. While I doubt he consciously lost on purpose, there's a near certainty that he played in the manner that would most benefit Peco's growth.

>i didn't understand the plot

This show was 2deep4me

Funnily enough I thought this to be one of Yuasa's least "deep" series, probably because the manga didn't try to be more than that, and it was great for a change

I have a pretty concrete understanding of the characters and their motivations. Plot doesn't really have much to do with it user.

Do you think that Smile was actually persuaded by the story of Butterfly Joe?

>I have a concrete understanding of the characters
and you think Smile would've held back on Peco, in that match, at that time? Idiot.

I don't think he lost on purpose, but rather wasn't intent on winning as he'd finally gotten Peco to come out of his shell.

Peco wouldn't be a real hero if he didn't win fair and square

To this day I still get flustered when people think there was anything at all in this show that had meaning deeper than on direct surface. People just assume because of the artstyle that it would be like Kaiba or something

This. Smile just wanted to play ping pong with his best friend, once Pecoe was actually playing it didn't matter to him.

I don't think he consciously held back, but by not being motivated to win, he subconsciously did so

After Peco knocked him into the stands he started bleeding
>it tastes like iron
Peco said that, and by parrying Smile's game well enough to send him flying across the court, Smile remembered that he was human and Peco proved that there are heroes.

he says early on, and proved it with kong, that he doesnt want to sacrifice anything just to win.
I dont think he threw the match, per say, but i dont think he used cheap tactics to blow out Peco's knee. Peco proved himself and made Smile have fun again, which is all he wanted from the get-go.

This anime is pretentious. Monogatari is much better.

No, you're hitting the right motivation and missing the end goal. Smile wanted Peco to play at his prime, yes, and the only way he was going to do that was to play full out with the intention of winning. Whether he EXPECTED to win or not might be a different matter, but he was playing his fullest, consciously and subconsciously, for the same goal.

Get out of dodge. Every character is relatable in some aspect instead of
>hurr i wonder what this 10 year old ghosts panties look like

>hurr i wonder what this 10 year old ghosts panties look like
>not relatable

i forgot this is Sup Forums
a pseudo intellectual pedo is the norm

>This anime is pretentious. Monogatari is much better.
I like monogatari but no.

>>hurr i wonder what this 10 year old ghosts panties look like
Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=oS7Rg089Qfk

maybe its because i was rewatching a few episodes earlier over dinner but i just knew this was going to be the link before i clicked.

that, or its just a great track. come to think of ot, all of the music is pretty awesome.

what does blood tasting like iron have to do with anything? i don't understand the significance of mentioning that it tastes like iron.

It's to prove that Smile is not a robot, and that even he has blood coursing through his veins.