Guilty Gear

I know this is kinda off topic. But i am genuinely curious about what you people think about this game made into anime.

The story is pretty interesting, characters are awesome... i am not sure why they didnt made it already.
A complete story with ALL character involved, it would be really kick ass. I am pretty sure it would be legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=R54VZUJNr18

I-no best girl btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8Tt_LUK9NA
youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M
nicovideo.jp/watch/1460005465
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All that matters is the studio and the budget. Devil May Cry could have been a good anime too.

Are you saying this will never happen?? Man... i could wait all my life to see this come true.

I'm saying it could happen, but it might be shit regardless of how awesome the games are.

There's a manga, if I remember right.

I dont know... with a story like that i dont think it can be shit. Even all character has story...

Yep, there is, but as far as i remember there are new "main" characters poped up from nowhere and thats why i stoped. Not sure how it is right now, i may research.

>I-no best girl btw
>not Baiken
Terrible taste, that voice acting is even more terrible though.

>Baiken

Are you sure that you want an anime adaptation?

Fighting games have way too many characters and convoluted plotlines to compress into a single series, much less a movie or OVA.

I actually liked the story mode of Xrd; instead of some generic arcade mode or convoluted wannabe LN, it was easy to watch animated thing. Too bad they will apparently change that concept on Revelator because the ADHD people couldn't handle it.

>dissing Inoue Kikuko
Kill yourself.

That really couldn't be helped. BlazBlue is fucking trash, both as a game and as a story/anime itself.

What are they doing with rev's story?

>Fighting games have way too many characters and convoluted plotlines to compress into a single series, much less a movie or OVA.

Raildex has any fighting game beat in that aspect.

Blazblue is better than Guilty Gear in every single way

>dissing Inoue Kikuko
I think he is dissing shitty English dubs.
>Oh no. I'm falling.

But that ad was GOAT

pfft

>fighting games
>coherent story
pick one

Everything is debatable except story. Here's your you though

GG's story is pretty coherent now since they retconned 90% of it and restarted with Overture's story.

What is Melty Blood?

Pretty sure story went to shit long ago.

Everything that has been adapted into anime so far has revolved around a single party around Touma, Misaka or Accelerator. Don't know about later novels, but having loads of characters or complex story isn't exactly unusual for an LN with over 9000 volumes.
Fighting games often have stories where 80% of characters might never interact with each other, each character having their own storyline with multiple endings (like in the early GG and BB titles) where you have to wait for the sequel to come out to see what was actually canon.

Just like Persona is superior to SMT right

Arcsys has potential.
This could've been great as an anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=L8Tt_LUK9NA

You'll find out about it when season 3 comes.

Xrd's story mode was a VN, it's 10/10
It also has great waifus

>fully voiced
>mostly animated
>no selections or anything that needs pressing buttons
More like 3D animation with fast forward option.

So just because something has a great opening it will make a good anime? Is this what Sup Forums believes? There's still no wild arms 2 anime...

youtube.com/watch?v=3JfCYgxrQ_M

>Do you want an anime of the fighting game that blatantly rips off Darktalkers and the Capcom JoJo fighter?

Eh? Just a great opening? Erhm...

What a question...

Baiken is really cool too.
Do you say that the original I-no voice is bad?? I think its pretty hot, really fitting for her.
--

All character are pretty well designed, i like all of them. If there is one i dont like i just dont remember it.

I don't like blazblue...

Like Virtua Fighter is better than Tekken eh

fighting game almost anime never work

It reeks of anime in the 90's, when the first Guilty Gear was made. Today's just not its time to be made into anime except as cutscenes in the game.

I think Revelator story mode will be the same. Sign's story mode is well received and they even have all of it available for free on niconico this month so that people who don't really play fighting games watch it and buy Revelator to see its continuation.

nicovideo.jp/watch/1460005465

I think it's on YouTube too but with the shitty dub.

>they even have all of it available for free on niconico this month so that people who don't really play fighting games watch it and buy Revelator to see its continuation.

That's a pretty smart move.

GG's story is an even bigger clusterfuck than BB's. It would never work as an anime.

The main problem is that people have no idea of how to tell a story with so many characters. All fighting game anime has been either utter shit or just unmemorable. They try to give screen time to everyone and it just ends up as a clusterfuck.

To this day, I have only seen one video game adaptation that impressed me: The first Idolm@ster TV series

If I remember well GG was never made into anime in the 00s because they asked too much for the license and negotiations break.

A Guilty Gear anime based around the crusades would be pretty cool.

Only the Crusades though.

I want to fuck and marry Elphelt.

I think it's too late for it. At this point it's probably going to be CG.
I'd love it though, the OST would be great, specially with Xrd's band.

This doesn't even take GG2 and Xrd into account. It seems like even more of a clusterfuck now, but having the whole Backyard thing and magic system does make it more coherent.

Well VF is a deeper fighter that's for sure.

Story mode in the newer games are pretty much 12 episode long animes.

They're really reminiscent of cheesy 90s stuff too, its great.

90s anime wasn't poorly-drawn 3D trash.

VF is as exciting as watching paint dry

All fighting games have pathetic plots and GG isn't any different. It actually has some weird yet interesting and likeable characters but the plot itself is as interesting as scratching your balls.
In the end is all about >opinions

Agreed on best girl, except that Jack-o is also best girl

If you want to know who the best girl is, check a tier list.

Millia Rage

Best girl.

How can they top Sign's story mode?
I doubt they can come up with anything more over the top than Sol riding a fucking rocket.

They better make a movie out of it.

A series would fail with 100% probability due to lack of budget.

we've had rumors of one for decades and ultimately i'm glad we didn't get it. if the blazblue anime was any inidcation it'd only have been a disservice to the franchise

Ramlethal is not only best GG girl

She's best game girl (next to Lili from Tekken)

>liking GG

It needs more Sugita for it to be good.

It's called story mode

Ishiwatari, unlike Mori, would bitch and moan too much for it to be on that level.
He cares about his series

Dickriders? In my Sup Forums?

Hey it's true.
Ishiwatari is overworking himself to hell for the sake of GG, Mori just kinda sits there and thinks about next reference to popular show while everyone else in team does the competent job.

BB would really benefit from keeping him on leash. He's like Lucas.

this, and even then half the cast would be left out

Ram a shit

Mori just puts ideas that he feels wouldn't fit in the game media in other mediums. The issue I have with that is that it doesn't consider fans outside of japan when the content is imported into the game. They give some info but not the whole info which makes it more harder to get immerse into the story when I don't fully understand what is going on. If it wasn't for people making summaries or translating the novels and manga I wouldn't have clue on what's going on.

Actually for the most part he doesn't have anything to do with those side stories.
Phase LNs were written completely without his help by one of the writers with designs and arts made by Kato.
X-blaze was done by the same woman that designs emblems
Remix Heart.. well you know about that one

But GG has Sugita.

Mori is involved in the spinoffs.

He had direct oversight over Remix Remix Heart, which was written by one of the writers for the game. And Mori is the writer of Variable Heart which is its sequel.

Mori oversees all the spin-offs which if I remember correctly he help makes up the draft while the writers help fill up the details. The new Remix Heart manga is him assuming full control over it.

>Liking gimmick loli who isn't even a loli anymore over the Rei Ayanami of videogames

What's wrong with you?

>Thinking story alone is enough to carry a show.

GG plot isn't even that good. We all know it'll end eventually with the completion of Outrage, but there are probably 800 Valentines before that.

Mori is a producer on top of being an illustrator, former meaning even all the things not related to the games themselves like cooperating with promotion side.
>go to a BB release event
>look at the display shelf
>an info label says Arc System Work BlueBlaze Continuum Soft
It's tough being a shamoji.

>That Oblivion
Some based developer/musician/artist we got here.

>That man condenses a small universe to a single point
>Sol punches with it
>Sol motherfucking punches with the power of a universe to break an unbreakable shield
>Shit nigga this is hype as hell
>Can't wait for the fucking 30s of impact
>Literally *poof*
>mfw
After all this time I'm still mad

;_;

Most of that shit is not even canon anymore.

Greatest love story ever told

Ky is best girl.

Wont deny lol.

Go away Sol, your waifu is dead, and the new one will die soon.

Don't worry she will come back, and then we will finally get to see the three sitting down to talk.

I don't think she will. I don't think this will have a happy ending at all.

Also I want to say that the voice acting in those flashbacks was top fucking notch.

Does Sol's waifu clones want to fuck him like the original Aria?

It won't be a happy ending, she will try to kill Sol and that will pave the way for Elp becoming the main girl.

Only Elphelt.

How hard will Revelator Zappa edge everyone?

>dissing Kikuko Inoue
You are a special kind of faggot.

He killed her, and his daughter married the boy scout who spent years trying to kill him, and now he has to raise his stupid grandson and keep killing clones of his original waifu.

Being Sol is suffering.

Sol should've just committed incest with Dizzy.

What's the worse that can happen?

Sin. Imagine how worse he would be if you add incest to the equation.

Sin wouldn't be Sin. Besides I'm sure whatever character Dizzy and Sol would've produced would be way better than Sin.

Proto-Gear + Command Gear = ??? Gear

So Sin is so bad because of Ky? Who knew.

Blame Sol. He raised Sin and Sol is such a lazy asshole that he didn't even bother teaching Sin basic math.

Basically.

>Sol didn't even bother teaching Sin basic math.
Sol could teach Sin an entire universities stuff on particles, and other stuff on magic and science and he still wouldn't get it.

Sin is dumb as dumb goes. If Sol is going to teach Sin anything it's how his dumb ass is going to survive in the world they live in.

>gimmick loli
Do not bully May, she just happens to be a midget, i mean look at the hips

Why didn't Sol ever settle down after killing Justice and live his life as his old self Frederick again?

Ky was a moralfag but still far better than Sol.

Because there were still gears and shit running around not to mention "that fag".

>Sol Badguy, the most awesome self-insert ever
It's funny because it's the truth. Ragna may not be that powerful but he got developed in each installment unlike Sol who just in Xrd awaked his TsunTsun side, while in everything before was like pic related