Should I convert to Hinduism? Seems pretty neat

Should I convert to Hinduism? Seems pretty neat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guṇa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-circuit_model_of_consciousness
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_interpretation
youtube.com/watch?v=cjLJnMZLsmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HZm4B4foybM
youtube.com/watch?v=NWQLm9MYm-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should converse to Buddhism because it's real and will save you from the suffering.
Read about Buddha Amitabha.

Why? So you can shit in the street and work and IRS tax scam?

Yes Hinduism is original faith of aryan

Do it. The whole religion is like a shonen manga.

best books to become Buddhist?

You can't convert to Hinduism. You are either born Hindu or not. It's like asking if you should convert to being a nigger.

Religion is just ancient philosophy with metaphysics added into it.

>asking Sup Forums if you should convert to a religion
You already know it's bullshit, so why even bother? Or can you just suddenly flip a switch in your brain and start believing in multi-armed gods and fire demons?

But I want to believe in crazy stories.
I wonder if there's a god of IRS tax scams? There's a god of toilets so I wouldn't doubt it.
That's why I'm interested in it. The original faiths of Europeans have been completely lost and this is the best I could do to find a religion that resonates with me spiritually.
Oh shit, is that true? Damn it
>Or can you just suddenly flip a switch in your brain and start believing in multi-armed gods and fire demons?
Yes, I can

Dont try and learn from eastern authors, you wont get it.

Start with Alan Watts

Actualized.org is good as well.

If you're into more "atheist" leaning, try Sam Harris.

These are just starting points. you have to find your own path from there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guṇa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-circuit_model_of_consciousness
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_interpretation
youtube.com/watch?v=cjLJnMZLsmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HZm4B4foybM
youtube.com/watch?v=NWQLm9MYm-U

Hinduism is pretty rad-- and comes damn close to the truth of things with their understanding of the supreme godhead. A lot of the ideas are entirely compatible with other major religions, so there's not much need to "convert". You can adopt the best ideas of hinduism into whatever it is you believe-- the overlap and compatibility is really beautiful. Its what drew me to it in the first place.

Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare;
Hate rama hare rama rama rama hare hare.

(Just avoid joining the actual organizations or groups, follow your own path of study. Like with most religius structures, the hare krishna cult is fucked up and corrupt, even though the beliefs behind the movement are beautiful)

Definitely. Read the Bhagavad Gita as translated by Srila Prabhupada.

>Yes, I can
You are either a liar, or an idiot.

Wrong. Anyone can be initiated in the Gaudiya vaishnava sampradaya.

No, I just believe that my thoughts are just as real as anything else in the world and like the world the grow, evolve, and decay. It's up to me to decide what is real to me or not.

>Oh shit, is that true? Damn it
Technically, yes. Because the logic of Dharma is that you are born in your position for a certain reason, because it is what is needed for your karmic advancement, so to act contrary to your born position is like working backwards. If you are born in the west, it is because you were meant to be born there and be a western. It doesn't mean you cannot study the vedas though.

>Just avoid joining the actual organizations or groups, follow your own path of study.

Sadhu sanga, or association with advanced devotees is absolutely crucial for spiritual development. Iskcon isn't the only vaishnava org out there.

Convert to Buddhism and remove kebab

False. Not by orthodox practice.

Vaishnava dharma is accessible for every human being and is not akin to the varnashrama system. This is explicitly described in such sastra as Jaiva Dharma by bhaktivinod thakur.

See
This is the conclusion of the revealed scripture.

You start by not identifying as anything, identifying as buddhist or hindu is only socially relevant. Being personally caught up with identifying as a mental construct hinders you from correcting your perception to see things the way they are. You should be absolutely nothing inside and still be able to act out in the world.

>It's up to me to decide what is real to me or not
Reality is objective, you dunce. You can believe as much as you want that you can fly, but as soon as you jump off a building reality will set you straight.

Hinduism is probably the best mankind can get spiritually without any divine revelation.

If reincarnation is as far you are willing to get on a supernatural/transcendental level then go for it. But if you feel that man has a purpose and there is something divine that cares out there go to Chrisitianty.

Which is not orthodox practice.

I tried to convert to hinduism but my dad persecuted my religion and told me to pull up my pants and come inside or he'd call the cops on me himself.

Reality is objective. We are part of reality, dunce.

Hindu spirtuality for day to day life and Christianity for salvation/ redemption/ reassurance on a soulful level is the ideal religious lifestyle.

nope, christianity will actually save your soul

It is, and Hindu is just a blanket term for hundreds of belief systems. Be an Aghori sahdu and worship Lord Shiva in the destroyer form.

Yes, and our survival is dependent on us recognizing and operating within that objective reality. If your perception of objetive reality is so flexible that you can believe any old nonsense with nothing to back it up, you are probably not as adapted to survival as others.

Save me from what?

>vaishnavism is not orthodox
nice try muhammad

Our religion isn't dependent on our survival so I can believe whatever I want

This gen of Indians don't believe in Hinduism at all. Why would you want to convert to a stupid religion followed by Street shitting nigger tier subhumans?

I'm guessing you're a Northsider, no?

You can certainly try. Whether it's actually true or not has nothing to do with your belief, however. Believing something doesn't make it so.

North East but they treat us like outsiders and are so racist

My point is that it makes it so in your mind. Not everyone has an accurate view of the world anyways maybe not even anyone