Selector Wixoss

Anybody else ever see this darn show? It's basically Madoka only with card games. I'm looking for opinions on it, and while Sup Forums is far from the best place to look for opinions, here I fish.

It's also ongoing.
Selector Infected Wixoss - 2014
Selector Spread Wixoss - 2015
Selector Destructed Wixoss - 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1CXQte4ruMziXGFugPyx4i6GLiqMXG_GhRqmqB1j7fzM/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder to lurk for 2 years before posting.

Tried to watch the first season, gave up halfway through because it was just shit.

Main problems were complete lack of likable characters, and the fact that they're playing a made-up game whose rules they don't explain, so there's no drama in any of the scenes where they're actually playing the game.

Really? I actually found the fact that the show didn't spew out the names of new expansion sets every five seconds to be a refreshing change.

I want Reddit to leave

All the segments where they are actually playing the game are effectively meaningless fireworks. The board situation is not shown, the rules are not explained, there's no way to be involved in the game as it's played. Which is a fatal flaw for a show that's ostensibly about a card game. The show would be 100x better if it had Fukumoto style mindgames and tense situations where the actual act of playing the game is the source of the drama.

Instead the whole show is just dumb little girls crying about whatever.

I'm going with this Since I'm in a god mood I will tell you about what are you up to. WIXOSS series have perhaps the most pretentious threads filled with shitposting, circlejerking, waifu-posting, TCG-posting, scan-posting, TL-posting, industrial organization, corporate finance, cinematography & film theory, creative chain care, franchise management, good subs, translations, buyfags, idolfags and it's always a Mari Okada thread.

Pretty much everything about the series has been discussed to death. Both anime and in some extent the manga spin-off. I don't think you will be able to get into the 2014's thread since archive is gone, forever, but if you want to join these shitty threads you got lucky because there is gong to be a new audiovisual project in some months also we will get the movie BDs soon enough. If anything lurk moar

>spend almost 1 day doing the gif frame by frame
>didn't know how to use Adobe Premiere
Man, I will never do that shit again in my life, but it was worth because WIXOSS is my favorite series.

This one of the worst OPs in a while. Don't take this advice and just kill yourself instead.

Newfag harder.
Sageruing this shit.

Really? Because searching other channels got me almost nothing. I don't go to Reddlips

You aren't living the real life unless you've edited gifs by hand.

You're a saint for your hard work, user. No one in the threads will forget your contributions.

Thanks. I will create more OC in the future because WIXOSS demands it. Hope the new series follows Infected's spirit.

And I'll be there in the threads shitposting and saving donut steel.

is it autumn yet?

>"No hope for a happy ending".
>When a major overarching theme is that most wishes are completely attainable, and that you should stop waiting for a fucking miracle and JUST DO IT.

Did Jojo Part 4 end yet? Neigh.

Oh, honey, Jojo Part 4 ended before it began.

>3dpd meme shit
>tumblr gif

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

Nigger they made some of the most boring or generic scenes in the manga into a fookin rollercoaster.

There's a rat with a Stand.

A fucking RAT.

Where Josuke and Jotaro explore a sewer.

Over a fucking rat.

nu shit sherlock, we all read it. That shit was fucking awesome. I want to see that and Heaven's Door animated. I'm a little bummed out Kamiya isn't playing the only role he doesn't come off as SHAFT slave.

I'd estimate about 15% of the people from these threads actually bought physical cards myself included

I tried looking around card shops around my city. The only weeb cards they own are those anime collectibles for like Shounen jump and shit.

This show is fucking terrible.

I know I did.

Ech, I bought Spoiler: The Character.

I know I've heard that voice on the ponytail LRIG before. Who dat?

>Oh, what is this, a basic loli-character? What sugary, annoying VA did they cast to-
>Satomi Arai.
>...Kore wa ureru...

Hata a best.

Has her playstyle been revealed yet?

Blue Resona probably

Thought you'd be happy to hear that foolz.fireden has a static archive.moe archive.

I have the ones that came with the manga.

Anyone have that jurassic park WEG?

Remember the shitstorm that was episode 8?

This. I swear the current yu-gi-oh series does a better job of being an "edgy" deconstructive-ish tcg show than wixoss ever did. Not explaining the rules is a tremendously stupid move, you can derive so much tension from putting characters in a tight spot in a match.

Only thing I liked from this franchise is the theme song from the movie.

Picked up I guess.

Same here. Eldora a best.

As someone who watches a lot of yugioh, Wixoss was a refreshing change of pace. Showing move by move what a character is doing slows down the pacing of a series a lot, and tends to devolve into new-super-special-summon that just mysteriously popped into my deck (hello, Yuya), or a stupidly specific trap that never saw play once, anywhere, other than that one episode (Yuma), and the enevitable over-reliance on OTKs while at only 100 LP in a 4000 LP format (every yugioh protagonist).

Wixoss was nice, becuase while it was a 'card game anime', the card game didn't dominate its run time. It had a very distinctly different feel from any other 'card game anime'. I honestly don't think it would have been possible to maintain its atmosphere if for every 10 minutes of plot and/or character interaction, there was 10 minutes of dueling.

Given that Eldora's TD is selling at half or less the price of the other TDs, Eldora is objectively not the best.
Actually, Eldora's quite fun, and was pretty fun in the anime too. I'm still just a bit salty over bringing Eldora to the Webxoss anniversary tournament, and getting crushed.

?

I haven't seen a thread with this many Wixoss babbies who haven't read the columns in a long time. Lurk the fuck more.

docs.google.com/document/d/1CXQte4ruMziXGFugPyx4i6GLiqMXG_GhRqmqB1j7fzM/edit

What happened to Ruuko's right hand?

Thanks. Now I can revive those feelings.

I can't wait to literally find the thread in the archives.

The archive died.

see It bring back 2011's Madoka threads.

I agree with this. It would be nice if we understood wtf the game was about so we could be included in the fun. Seems like a huge oversight to me and could have made the series a lot better.

Anyway, I saw the first season and personally I didn't care for the twist. Felt like the girls no longer had anything to fight for if they lose their lives no matter what, so wtf is the point. Completely killed any sort of tension the series might have had for me and made me not even want to watch the next season.

I did find some enjoyment from the show though. It wasn't completely terrible.

I felt like Wixoss went too far in the other direction though. During the card fights you have no idea whats going on, you pretty much just nod your head and 'uh, ok' through the entire thing.

Maybe read . That's why you've gotta watch series as they are.

Do people like WIXOSS just for the card game or the anime?

I'm in the latter

>Sup Forums is far from the best place to look for opinions

Dear user, you must be new.

I feel out of the loop in the threads most of the time since I'm not really into card games.

I'm just here for the cute girls, despair, and Ruuruu's thighs. The show didn't really dwell into the game specifics more than it needed to, so I don't feel like I'm missing much by not getting the card game completely.

Show goes from mediocre to bad pretty quick. I dropped the second season because I was bored. It had some good points, but wasn't good. And if you're looking for card game fights, go watch Yugioh or something.

The card game itself is fun. No official translation, kinda pricy, and weeb/pedo as fuck, but a fun and interesting game.

>meanwhile in Kiznaiver threads
Truly horrible.

Look up the definition of weeabo some time.

Going by the threads here at least, the main appeal seems to be the anime. It's really just a bonus for tcg lovers that the game is one of the best on the market as well.

Compared the the shitfest threads for the last big Trigger show turned into (kill la kill) the Kiznaiver threads are downright civil.

>pricy
Look at any other tcg; Wixoss is very reasonable.

>Compared the the shitfest threads for the last big Trigger show turned into (kill la kill) the Kiznaiver threads are downright civil.
Kimochi warui!

悪くない。楽しむ。

I know, right? I actually went and looked up the rules out of curiosity, so I managed to understand what was going on, like how Baroque Defense and Death Beam were brilliant plays.

Marathoned it a few days ago and finally there's a thread
Anyone else thought by the second half of the first season that the MC was a LRIG that took the body so long ago she forgot about it and white was her real self that never grew up and that's why she gave her mother and brother the chills when little?
Also yuzuki best girl

>Anyone else thought by the second half of the first season that the MC was a LRIG that took the body so long ago she forgot about it and white was her real self that never grew up and that's why she gave her mother and brother the chills when little?
I remember seeing that theory several times.

Oh yes, I amused myself by looking up some old reviews.

Like the guy who thought Tama was literally Kyubey.

(Also, that's a weird way to spell "Yuki".)

Don't forget the theory that Ruu-Mama was also a LRIG, so a girl was stuck in the body of a mother but didn't know what to do.

Batoru!

Pretty sure he meant Tama in there. Yuki isn't until the very end of Spread.

No, in regards to saying "Yuzuki is best girl". Remove the "Zu" and you'd be correct.

Oh, I was thinking he was confused about the white girl. Which is reasonably confusing without full context.

¡Batorito!

Great filename

Stirred when?

Can we let this thread die? We already passed our quota of WIXOSS threads this month.

what kind of sucks is that an 'optimal' Eldora deck requires a lot of off-color cards that are staples in other decks, which can get quite pricey

Nah dude, not a single person on Sup Forums watched a show that is only 2 years old and certainly no one had discussions about it, the manga spinoffs, the card game, the corporative side of the anime industry, the movie that premiered in february and the upcoming season to death during these 2 years since it aired.

Lurk more.

Does anyone here still play? I got tired of the game after a while but I still enjoy reading the card effects and looking at card art.

I would but Webxoss doesn't have the newest cards. There is no point in creating decks or playtesting for an outdated meta.

The actual card game was never properly explained, which was pretty awkward because you have no idea what any of their plays are.

They should beams at each other until one LRIG has no clothes left.

Will they fuck, now that Miroriko is human again?

A few minutes of research fixes that. "Rococo Boundary", for instance, is Tama's win-condition card that bounces two of the opponent's SIGNI, leaving those lanes open to attack your opponent through. It has a high cost, though, like any win-condition card should.

No, she's mine in my dreams.

Kill yourself, fucking faggot