Darker Than Black

Hey guys

I know we don't agree on things too often, but can we at least agree that Suou is the best DTB girl?

Who?

MC of S2

S2? what are you talking about? they never make a S2

>Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor is an original Japanese anime series directed and written by Tensai Okamura and produced by Bones. It is a sequel to the 2007 series Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha with most of the crew returning for production duties. The series premiered on TBS, MBS and their affiliated stations from October 8, 2009.[1] The sequel tells of Suō Pavlichenko, a Eurasian girl whose life is changed by a frightful incident regarding a meteor shower, and her subsequent encounter with the assassin Hei, who is still on the run from the Syndicate two years after the events in the previous season.

Season 2 was a mistake.

Obviously

Now now. I don't know what you're talking about, but an S2 without Hei as the MC nor anything realted to the first season sounds ridiculous.

all of that is obviously fabricated

I want to rape Yin.

It's been 9 years. This needs to stop

Isn't that some Russian girl from First Squad?

if you want to discuss fanfiction.

there is nothing to stop user

Suou best girl
"there was no S2" worst meme

No. I will never not be salty about that shit. The OVAs broke my heart, and then S2 came over to shit all over the potential. Fuck you I'll never stop.

>what happened to Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO
>what happend to Kekkai Sensen
Bones

GIVE ME S3
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Except the OVAs came after S2, what are you smoking?

Didn't watch when it came out, so I followed the chronological order. In the end I don't know if it's a better or worse experience.

Disgusting. I bet you watch Haruhi and KnK in chronological order too.

Fuck you man, it's not like there's a point in the release order with Darker than Black.

Whenever I recommend Darker than Black, I always suggest they start with gemini of the meteor and then afterwards tell them there's a prequel series.

S2 stands well on its own, and references S1 only just enough to create an air of mystery (which is kind of undermined if you've seen S1) and comes off as a much better show overall without the constant comparison to its exceptional predecessor. Everyone who's taken my recommendation has said they found it better that way, and agreed they wouldn't have liked S2 nearly as much as they did if they had watched it after S1.

That sounds so wrong. Both starting with Gemini and actually liking it.

Gemini was a solidly above average show., It's only hated so strongly and so widely because it calls itself a sequel to an exceptional show. As a standalone, it's fine, but as a successor to one of the best shows from its decade, it's obviously unworthy.

Watching it in reverse makes the comparison more favourable. If your introduction to Hei is as a drunken hobo, it doesn't feel like a betrayal to his previous character. If you then watch S1 and learn about Hei's backstory, it actually gives the hobo-ness better context. The order that you watch things is very important for the kind of impression that they give you. People that didn't watch S1 while it was airing and then wait years with baited breath and eager anticipation for a dream-sequel have very different expectations for the series versus someone who's just being introduced to it, in its entirety, well after the fact.

No, Yin is better than her