Thorium power is more important than whatever bullshit you're arguing about

What else promises to:

-Costs half as much as fossil fuels

-End carbon emissions

-Will create new industries, like indoor agriculture, due to cheaper power

-Bring back millions of jobs in energy intensive industries

-Instead of wars for petrodollars, government can finance thorium reactors, reduce debt and taxes, and grow the economy

Stop arguing about bullshit, tell Trump to build Thorium reactors!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor

newfederalistpapers.joomla.com/4-thoriumpowercheaperthancoal

youtube.com/watch?v=ayIyiVua8cY

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten-Salt_Reactor_Experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion
youtube.com/watch?v=NnirPO3YJaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JRCIwSV7NMk
stage-ste.eu/deliverables/STAGE_STE_WP9_Deliverable_9.1_170130.pdf
world-nuclear.org/getmedia/84082691-786c-414f-8178-a26be866d8da/REPORT_Economics_Report_2017.pdf.aspx
lazard.com/media/438038/levelized-cost-of-energy-v100.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=xyxwc5qmda4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trump's budget outline was incredibly Nuclear friendly

Republicans are pro nuclear. Demoshits are anti nuclear. Demoshits are science deniers.

The NRC continues to make molten salt reactors effectively impossible to build. The permitting takes decades, and new designs require years of explaining the design to the NRC at the builder's expense. Keep in mind, cheap nuclear power would create worldwide economic growth and enable cheap desalination, so this is literally killing people who die from shit water in the 3rd world.

>The (((NRC)))

Absolutely nothing has been done to deal with the logjam that is the NRC's permitting process for even conventional nuclear reactors, which are dangerous and expensive, to say nothing of molten salt reactors, which are safe and inexpensive.

Doesn't Afghanistan have a lot of thorium? DIdn't we sell India and China this tech first through some IMF loans or some shit?

Ok....

Build a test reactor....

Personally I think it's vaporware. (And it doesn't produce plutonium which is a national strategic resource)

There are abundant thorium reserves all over the planet, including the US. You may be thinking of rare earths.

We did. In the 1960s. It was a complete success, and was ended because the technology was ready to proceed to implementation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten-Salt_Reactor_Experiment

Thorium is a meme.
It only produces power in short burst and is not a fully developed replacement for uranium. At least not yet.

I don't care either way about thorium but America is about to get btfo by countries building gen 4 reactors. I've still got no idea why greens and California are against nuclear. It's the only proven zero emission solution.

And we're quickly expending uranium because the (((NRC))) will not allow recycling it.

Because muh solar and wind

The government only allows "proven" designs. Which means the designs from the 60s, which were developed because they had the same refining process as nuclear weapons as I understand it.

>I've still got no idea why greens and California are against nuclear.
It's not just them, the uneducated, generally, oppose nuclear because it's scary n shiet

>End carbon emissions
Wrong. You can't put a thorium reactor on a car, boat, plane, or train.

>yfw thorium shills are literally the worst and there's no benefit to running a thorium salt reactor over a uranium salt reactor

Build it small enough and make the turbine efficient enough and you absoutely could. A plane with electric motors fed by a nuclear generator could fly forever.

>no benefit to running a thorium salt reactor over a uranium salt reactor

The lack of uranium says otherwise.

More like we aren't breeding more fuel

>Instead of wars for petrodollars
>Instead of
Holy shit, user. You teally have no idea what its all about do you?

Well, there's less danger of a catastrophic meltdown from what I understand.

You're literally making things up. There have been several thorium reactors that operated for years without problem. Please lurk more.

Yes, China and India are building them right now. We are falling behind.

What better way to BTFO the "environmentalists" than with a cheaper, safer alternative?

It's scary due to using 1950s-era designs that were made to produce nuclear waste (bomb material). Molten salt reactors cannot melt down, it is not physically possible.

California does have the worst education yeah.

But in the bigger picture I think it's cause republicans haven't really pressed the issue. Electricity is relatively cheap already so there's no reason to push for something cheaper.

I would be pro-nuclear if we had an all white ethnostate. Nuclear reactors staffed with affirmative action employees is a scary thought. What happens when society starts to crumble and we can't afford nuclear engineers?

If you make power cheaper people will use more of it.

I know some 70 year old houses in California only had a 30 amp fuse box for the whole house. Now look at it. Then they were upgraded to 60 amp. Now at least 100 is standard.

Literally who is paying thorium shills, and where do I apply?

This is where molten salt reactor research began, actually.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion

This is precisely what we used to do

youtube.com/watch?v=NnirPO3YJaQ

Yes, we're all aware that shills attempt to divide the board into competing ethnic groups in order to stop them from uniting against the ruling class.

Talking about speculative reserves is pointless considering there's no standard classification for thorium resources. We can say that immediately exploitable reserves of thorium and uranium are on the same order of several million tonnes.

The inherent safety comes from the molten salt reactor design, not the fuel used. Thorium shills love to casually conflate the two to give the impression that improved safety comes from using thorium as a fuel. The same reactor design can be used with uranium salt. It makes more sense given that we have pretty much zero operational experience using thorium at scale.

Just saw this video of a pebble bed reactor in china
youtube.com/watch?v=JRCIwSV7NMk
It's nice cause there's zero risk of meltdown and operates at higher temperatures. Meanwhile California, supposed technology powerhouse, is phasing out all nuclear power by 2025.

Uranium is easier

This is better for sunshining places, aka, Arizona, Africa, etc. No radioactive materials. Only downfall in nuclear winter and exploding Yellowstone will render useless.
And why is this on Sup Forums?
stage-ste.eu/deliverables/STAGE_STE_WP9_Deliverable_9.1_170130.pdf

test reactor has been built and now our shit government is helping china to build one instead of developing tech further domestically.

Yeah too bad third-world retards are flooding the only countries that can produce this technology and they just so happen to regard it as bad juju.

>be me
>physics researcher
>everyone around me is cancerous liberal
>also some shitskins whose credentials are laughable, but muh diversity
>nobody even considers nuclear an option
>none even think it should be allowed
>explain in gory detail why its literally the only way civilization can be sustained
>doesn't matter muh Chernobyl muh Japan
>literally talking to third-grade subhumans with PhDs when this topic comes up
>mfw everyone wants more of this in our country
>mfw even mentioning something Trump did might not be evil would ensure I never get tenure
Totally blackpilled tbqhfamily. Nobody and nothing is going to stop the shitskin invasion now and their superstitions are going to slam us back into a dark age as soon as they take power within the DNC. It's going to be an absolute shitshow. Anyone who thinks these higher caliber immigrants are going to just be smart science muds is fucking retarded or has never been exposed to them for long enough periods of time.

Fuck this gay earth and all the cancerous neoliberals who are going to ruin it for everyone.

>Doesn't Afghanistan have a lot of thorium?
Everywhere has a lot of thorium. Dig up a cubic meter of ground more or less anywhere. You get a cubic centimeter of thoriur when refined.

>If you make power cheaper people will use more of it.
Interestingly enough nuclear power rarely meets the low costs promised. D&E costs always go through the roof, reactors take years to build and come in at least 2X over the promised cost. The overall LCOE of nuclear projects is way higher that other generation sources. The only way you get cheap nuclear is if you do what China is doing, where you pick a standardized reactor type and have a massive government push for building identical reactors all over the place.

A big reason you don't see more nuclear in the US is not just because of the reputation it has (although that's certainly part of it), but also because it's very hard to look at nuclear power from an investment standpoint and go with nuclear over other alternatives. Nuclear is guaranteed to take longer, have 10X the capital costs of more conventional projects, and take longer to pay back. All while fighting public opinion.

Yes, we know MSR is awesome, doesn't matter that much the fuel it uses. The point is, it's all forbidden by the NRC, which is keeping us from double digit economic growth.

>Interestingly enough nuclear power rarely meets the low costs promised.

Exclusively because of the NRC's long permitting process that has nothing to do with safety.

>2014
I'd be interested to see how competitive this project would be now against photovoltaics. Big solar projects used to always be concentrated solar power, because the semiconductors for PV made it not cost competitive. Now PV is cheaper than CSP, and there's no need for the complex heat exchange systems.

nuclear waste is dangerous for hundreds of thousand of years. we can't even contain nuclear waste from decades ago.

but thorium reactors can take that waste, process it, and then it's only dangerous for about a hundred years. it's like hitting the undo button on all that nuclear waste we've built up over the years.

>The same reactor design can be used with uranium salt.
How do you process the unwanted fission products out when they are chemically the same?
Every other 'liquid' reactor still has solid fuel.

And when the all solar all wind grid results in nationwide blackouts, they'll blame republicans for turning off the oil, before their iphone battery dies.

Wouldn't you need more thorium, or does it never burn off / dry up

Sure the NRC bears some fault, but a bigger problem with nuclear in America is we have a habit of building a new reactor design every time we try nuclear. Taking a new design from a concept, to a small scale test, to a large scale design, to a real large scale plant is laborious and expensive. You end up designing the whole thing from the ground up every time, which adds a huge amount of time and cost.

Liquid-(((Fluoride))) Thorium Reactor

The thorium deposits are untapped, and next gen reactors can either recycle, or simply harvest more heat from the less-radioactive waste

Modular reactors were stopped by the (((NRC)))

Nah, by that point GOP will be a long-dead party only relevant in a few flyover states. The DNC will just blame whites for their privilege and pogrom a few thousand or million of them to appease the mud gods. Rolling brown-outs will be a constant reminder that they cannot into civilization, but they wont care because, like I said, they're superstitious fucking savages.

I agree but it won't happen in this kike country

>Interestingly enough nuclear power rarely meets the low costs promised
Then explain how reactors in the US have a fleet average price of less than 4 cents per kilowatt hour.

>we have a habit of building a new reactor design every time we try nuclear.
More info on this? I thought we generally built the same design with a gen 3 pressurized reactor, control rods and that stuff.

>Nuclear waste is dangerous for hundreds of thousands of years
It's possible to encapsulate nuclear waste in mineral glass, or glassify it to begin with, making it impermeable to water and radiation only an issue of how much concrete and shock buffer insulation you want to surround it in.
Then you bury it in the most geologically sound strata you can find, and when the facility is full - providing that it wont come about to burning/breeding fuel, you top the entire place off with as much concrete that anyone exploring would have to at some point logically realise that you weren't meant to go down there.

Whats missing is political will. All that uncontainable waste has occurred because its had to sit on site at various reactors, BECAUSE people won't let the nuclear panic out of their minds.

There is still a reason for CSP since the cost of thermal batteries is a fraction of the cost of chemical batteries and decreases exponentially with size. Still though, at US's latitudes there isn't enough sunlight in the winter.

silicon valley is this
vast majority of human capital imported is suboptimal
but it's cheap as fuck, and subservient
the chinese/indian meme is a joke
I work daily with supposed engineers that can't function beyond the most basic script kiddie capabilities
> but muh indian CEOs
bell curves. some of them are brilliant. most are unimpressive

I'm severely disappointed at how little SV resembles the powerhouse for good I thought it was
If there's any true advancement, it's by chance due to massive investment, or as a byproduct of some idiotic supposed need

We virtually stopped building nuclear plants in the 1970s due to the NRC making it cost ineffective, just as nuclear was about to become cheaper than coal.

Nuclear panic being intentionally created by the genocide movement parading as environmentalism.

Where are you pulling that number from? That's way off base. Unless you're looking at the cost of nuclear fuel production without taking into account the cost of the plant itself.

world-nuclear.org/getmedia/84082691-786c-414f-8178-a26be866d8da/REPORT_Economics_Report_2017.pdf.aspx

lazard.com/media/438038/levelized-cost-of-energy-v100.pdf

>If there's any true advancement

It'll be coming from Oakridge or Huntsville.

>just as nuclear was about to become cheaper than coal.

And who was paying the NRC?

The genocide movement known as "environmentalism" was created by the Royal Family to destroy economic growth and get rid of "useless eaters."

youtube.com/watch?v=xyxwc5qmda4

Nuclear "waste" can still be used as fuel in advanced reactors.
Yes coal is a big business has a lot of anti nuclear shills. It's actually funny to see them because they're so obvious compared to shills on Sup Forums

If he meant the cost of fuel it would be much lower. The fuel is only like 5% of the cost of nuclear energy. The rest is safety.

Only urban retards are anti nuclear. Rural areas all voted for clean nuclear.