Protesting should be illegal

Protesting should be illegal.

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofisrael.com/nearly-1-in-10-americans-think-neo-nazi-views-okay-poll-finds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your mom's ass should be illegal

it's useless anyway

yeah and it only causes trouble. It's fine if you want to go out and try overthrow the government or something, but going out and holding signs just looking for fights is pointless.

i have no problem if they do it like in charlottesville. calm, holding some torches, no problem. fighting with the police, throwing stones and molotovs is degenerate and these people should get shot on the street.

There is no good outcome to protesting, only downsides. If the best possible result of protesting is nothing happening, then it should be outlawed.

Oh yeah. Like North Korea. Or the USSR. Or Venezuela. Or Nazi Germany. Laws like that work out great

>I know, I'll list random countries! That'll show him

so you're ok with antifa and other subhuman hooligans destroying towns during their """protests"""? these people give zero shits about politics and are only looking for a fight with the police because they know they won't get arrested.

What's with all the anime lewd posting recently?

Nice try Kim.
Go back and work on your missile, you got a schedule to keep.

A little bit of damage here and there only makes the economy go round. But the police should be using more force

it's always been here newfag
i don't like them either but who am i to tell them to stop?

i hope your thread lives this time

>muh economy
yeah tell that to the local people that have to suffer from this.

no faggot tonight is worse then ever

t. sauhund

I own a shop in basel, the government takes over half or even more of the cleaning costs of graffiti, a local painter comes a fixes it in a morning, maybe even gets interested in my service. I couldn't care less.

If you can't put together what those countries have in common then I'm afraid a bullet to your head is your only salvation

No, I'm not okay with that, but I want the right to do so myself. Liberty isn't perfect, but it must be withheld, just because some faggots are exploiting doesn't mean it should be done away with, like brainlet OP suggests. And "destroying towns" is a bit of a stretch.

i think you meant "better than ever"

i'm talking about street violence mate like fucking hamburg with the G20
these people loot and destroy shit because having fucking masks on makes them invincible

You just don't understand man. The people nowadays they don't really protest. Bro, back in the sixties that was real protesting. We we're doing something. Back then it was all about love, and like standing up to the man.

>haha I won't elaborate kys

truly the master debater that was prophesized

I know, and im not a nigger and am insured.

And as i said, the police should use more force

Dumb idea, OP.

well i'm glad to hear that
vote yes on "verhüllungsverbot" when it comes out

Then voting should be illegal as well

No, just protesting.

>And "destroying towns" is a bit of a stretch.
maybe. when i see the shit that are they causing i only think it's gonna get more extreme

Whats the difference?
Protesting is propaganda to change the vote and voting is attempting to get your wants met by the government.
One can not exist without the other.

This at least trying to start a revolution has an end game. Going out and just stirring shit up is juvenile behavior

>One can not exist without the other.

>just assume what my point is instead of MAKING me state it myself
End yourself

Where is your argument?

Each one has/had laws that forbid voicing displeasure with their government, and each has gone through/is going through/is on the verge of crisis, USSR doesn't exist anymore and their gulag ways had millions die, Nazi Germany fell to wars noone wanted but couldn't do anything about and ironically are restricting speech yet again and it isn't boding well, Venezuela was a shitshow where protesters we're fucking shot and the military essentially ran the circus, and the DPRK goes through regular famines and is one wrong move away from being turned to glass, not that the latter can be directly correlated to the restriction of opinion in the country, but shit, how did they even get to that state in the first place? My point is, taking away freedoms kill nations. Can you name one powerful nation alive today where protesters is illegal? Can you name one that existed for more than 2 centuries that was completely authoritarian to it's people? I'll be impressed if you can.

See

>Can you name one powerful nation alive today where protesters is illegal?

Canada.

And no one is saying you can't voice displeasure with the government. You could write an editorial, or vote for a different party.

But no protesting. It's dumb and for frustrated virgins.

>Canada

Only about a quarter true. Freedom of expression and peaceful assembly is a guaranteed right according to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Keyword peaceful though. The moment things get rowdy police start throwing tear gas and shit. Never happens though, we generally get shit resolved protesting peacefully.

So how do you feel about workers going on strike then? Do you feel that should also be illegal? It's still protest, but with more serious ramifications.

no strikes are okay. you might not be able to picket but you can choose to stay home from work whenever you want

>"bunch of fucking losers"
>scarfs another handful of chips
>"like they don't even have an impact"
>scratches at ass acne and drinks soda
>"not like me"

So in your mind, protesting, let's say, a large corporation like Walmart with their unethical labour shop practices should be punishable by law, but a union of labourers doing the exact same thing for a higher wage is a-ok?

a strike isn't a protest cause it actually has a chance of changing something.

Protest. Noun. A statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.

You're literally saying free speech should be illegal.

no no no mister that'd be silly. I'm just saying protesting should be illegal, not free speech.

Kek you're retarded. Sage

No. Beating the shit out of each other isn't protesting, it's gang warfare with political slogans.

'

Does protesting even work?
>people in power do X
>"I'm going to assemble a mass of people and chant with signs"

How does that pressure any change?

timesofisrael.com/nearly-1-in-10-americans-think-neo-nazi-views-okay-poll-finds/

That isn't indicative of the value in protest, just that white Americans aren't completely mind-fucked by leftist retardation.

I'll give a better example. The civil rights movement. You had those like Malcom X and Medgar Evers trying to promote a militarized political movement for blacks as a means to escape oppression and then you had MLK.

The FBI supported MLK, uplifted him through various means to switch the black audience away from the militarized aspects and more towards a peaceful protest of marching and virtue signaling. This was done, obviously, to prevent a militarized element from emerging. It was in effect a compromise and completely artificial and if you're going full Sup Forums tier logic an excuse to push some more marxist ideas into the American conscious that a militarized movement would have not accomplished.

It was, essentially, fake. It's glorified as brave and powerful people but nothing they did is actually the reason things changed, it changed because those in power decided it should change.

You could argue that the grassroot movement still forced their hand but the point is they were always in control.

If the democratic values are corrupt, how else then, do you have your voice heard?

>voice heard
Who's listening? If they have no gain from your demands then you'll be ignored.

Then if they are doing no harm, most importantly, do they still not have a right to speak in what ever form they chose?

Sure, I'm just saying that there really is no value in it, unless PR is a major motivator.

You should notice by now how much it does make a difference in the general discourse. Charlotesville is a perfect example. You can hear it everywhere in the US and the speakers never got to the stage that day.

Say what you will about protest, as long as its not a riot and the NAP is still intact, they have a right to speak.

Shit was staged, it's a means to influence the public, not change decision.

Another Russian moron

breaking the law should be illegal

Correct - Protesting should be illegal

>it's a means to influence the public, not change decision.

Both of these things are true. In theory It should have ended like the rally at Pikeville. no fuss no muss. No one head of that only two months prior. That would have been the end of the rally had the police not stood down.

name one time a protest did anything that people didn't already want done