Why is naturalism such a big theme?

Why is naturalism such a big theme?
nausicaa, mononoke to just name the probably most prominent examples
but no just in eastern media, also in western, think avatar
why is there nothing pro industrialism, anti-naturalist?

>pro industrialism, anti-naturalist
Just look at any developing country with a lot of factories. You don't need movies for that.

you're a fucking idiot

Naturalism a shit.

Because Japan is less red pilled than what Sup Forumstards want you to believe.

Notice how in anime with racist themes between races, the ones trying to create harmony are the heroes and the villains are always big bad racists trying to create wars. Example: One Piece and Valkyria Chronicles.

Anime is leftist as fuck

Stay on your own goddamn board

Kill yourself.

get fucked fuckhead

by that logic america is also leftist as fuck

The western world is pretty leftist.

That's not naturalism.
You're thinking of environmentalism.

And it's a big theme in older stuff because it was a major zeitgeist of the late 80's and throughout the 90's, what with the aerosol-ozone moral panic. Beyond that, it's been a major theme running throughout the 20th century because tonnes of places all throughout the world were pushed into abrupt induistrialization as a result of globalization and intensified trade connections to already industrialized powers like North America and Europe. One of the consequences of rapid industralization is rural depopulation as farmers and miners and other primary industries pack up and migrate towards rapidly-expanding cities to seek fortune in factories and business. Rural depopulation can be a very bad thing because it creates scarcity in essential resources (like food). Villages with aging populations don't like their young folk running off to the big city, and the governments don't like urban overcrowding, escalating unemployment and crime rates and famine brought on by the movement. Both sides frame the urban/rural dichotomy as a narrative of nature vs industry and so there becomes a glut of creative works focusing on aggrandizing the natural and rural and demonizing the industrial and urban.

This is prevalent in Japan because the US leveled most of the country, which was still stuck in the 17th century, and then rebuilt it as a modern industrial powerhouse in less than 30 years.

but i want a show that pointlessly glorifies industrialism

and NICs range from mediocre to outright shitty

i have no idea how you connect this to one piece

ah sorry, environmentalism describes it much better

i just wish there would be some sort of counter movement, sure in the 80s there was a massive environmentalism craze, especially after all the nuclear fuck ups that came before, but we went without any major issues up until Fukushima, and the fear of overpopulation was proven to not be a problem for most parts of the world, which managed to eventually get by rather well, especially in the cold war era.

Americanization and American influence has clearly been a good influence on a large scale, but i cannot help but wonder what would have been if the world would have remained more diverse instead of moving towards the American culture.

>This is prevalent in Japan because the US leveled most of the country, which was still stuck in the 17th century, and then rebuilt it as a modern industrial powerhouse in less than 30 years.
You need to go back and study your Japanese history again. The only factually correct statement in that sentence is that the US leveled most of Japan.

because miyazaki wasnt fan if industrialism

so miyazaki is the only person on the planet creating any form of media?

Welp, this thread has almost nothing to do with anime and is a golden excuse for liberal arts retards to write jargon-heavy walls of text pretending to be intelligent.

Congratulations on your first 500-replies thread, OP! :)

miyazaki is very prominent director that created both nausicaa and mononoke AND had large influence on other anime creators

>mfw i'm a blue collar worker with no interest in liberal arts who just wants to see his line of work glorified
is it so much to ask?
us not so smart people can enjoy anime too.

Thread like these usually attracts anti-nip circle jerking. But just hope it wont go that way

Have you been to Japan?

Now if you went to Australia and made animation there, it'd be all "OH GOD, OH GOD, the TREES ARE TRYING TO KILL US!" but Japan?

Nah, their worst enemy is trucks.

>i'm in australia
>WA even
>our biggest threat is actually fire and abbos

Because it's not the "hip", "with it" style of contrarianism that fuels leftist types and gives them a cause they can engage in virtue signaling in.

>but i want a show that pointlessly glorifies industrialism
There is tons of British stuff about that, heck the entire of the Steampunk genre is literally a glorifcation of industrialism.

Nips are very up the ass about Naturalism, part of the reason is their religion: Shinto.
There is also a lot of "this is a age of degeneracy" without justify that statement, or "we are right because we are", and the latter is in anime EVERYWHERE in both opposition and white light.

Because everyone knows that too much industrialism could lead to mass extinction and disrupting the ecosystem we depend on to survive.
Overpopulation has been a staple of natural selection since the beginning of evolution itself.

Because the most influential literature was written during the centuries where industrialism and an uncertain future were things.

That's all.

Because it's easy to go "oh look nature is beautiful and nice and friendly why are humans so evil look factories look bad hurr" and ignore everything the factories do for us, while heavily profiting from it. Hell, anime itself is an industry.

>naturalism
I don't think you know what that means. Way to show you're a fucking retard right from the get go, the remaining part of your post was enough to make that point though.

Bingo. You'd be making an anime about everybody living in a safe, secure, nature-free environment.

I came to post Zolá but I accept my defeat with honor.