One Piece thread

Why is Whitebeard so overrated? He literally got taken down by fodders and achieved absolutely nothing before he died. Even when he fought Akainu, the only thing he achieved was to give the Admiral some nosebleed, in exchange for half his fucking face. Granted an Admiral is comparable to strength to a Yonko, but despite of this I would have expected the World's strongest man to at least give Akainu a parting gift, (scar, lost limb etc.). From the looks of it, even Aokiji did far better than Whitebeard.

He was old.

He still was a Yonko and known as the strongest man in the world.

Akainu was either unconcious or hid underground until Whitebeard was dead, think about that for a second

>literally taken down by fodders
>implying Blackbeard and his crew are fodder

And Akainu, and a sword in his heart.

Fodder are still deadly in One Piece. Bullets harm anyone but special Devil Fruit users, swords do too, and overall a ship needs a crew. This is why the Supreme King's Haki is deadly, fodder is too.

>King's Haki is deadly
But it's *literally* not?

>use king haki
>entire enemy ship is paralyze/asleep with bubbles in their mouths
>stab them
>not deadly

ok.

Top tier fodders actually. Just compare how much Luffy beat compared to the actual fodders army of ennies lobby.

Let's add WB couldn't unleash most of his quake powers or he would kill his crew.

Also, I remember that Oda said in an interview Akainu was supposed to die here but ended up sirviving for plot purposes. Might need to confirm that though.

Provide the source. Otherwise those words are as good as trash

That´s why I said it would need confirmation, light indeed be wrong.

Though anyway, most characters does have massive plot armor. Akainu survived because Oda needed him to.

He confirmed One Piece's existence for sure to the entire world pretty much.

Would have been pretty cool.
Or at least have him crippled beyond redemption.

Whitebeard still at least could have given him a scar or something like that. If Aokiji managed to fight Akainu 10 days straight and gravely injure him, there is no reason why Whitebeard couldn't have scared/permanently wounded Akainu at least a little bit.

Let's think about what he did before he died, just combat. He oneshotted a giant, got STABBED through the chest, and -still- managed to manhandle Akainu, whos power rivaled that of a normal Yonkou. All while being old as shit, enough that people noted the loss of his power

Only reason is Oda, he got quaked the fuck out, of course he should have had some scars.

>literally got taken down by fodder
When did this happen? He didn't even fall after dying . And he was beat by a future yonko crew and an admiral.

>think a already sick, wounded, old and dying man would give a admiral who is still healthy a parting gift.

That ass whooping was enough, plus didn't he break ribs?

He made Blackbeard reveal himself as a coward piece of shit too.

fodders hurt
bullets hurt
cannon balls hurt
he was old
he was sick
this isn't dbz

>On the brink of death
>Multiple fatal wounds
>Old as hell
>Really sick
>Takes out an admiral in two hits
Yeah pretty overrated desu

Oda wanted to show us the limits of what was considered to be the strongest in the OP universe at that time.

>tfw we all used to make fun of 4Kids dub for giving Sanji a Brookyln accent
>he ends up being a son in a mafia family years later

Am I the only one who's thought about that?

>quaked the fuck out
That made me smile.

Let's not forget that Akainu fell through a fissure in the ground (don't remember if this was anime.original or not) and scaped, otherwise he would have been stomped to death.

>people not liking Sanji

fucking plebs

I really hope Jinbe shows up this arc. He's already confirmed as the tenth.

Is post-TS Kuzan on par with, weaker, or stronger than he was pre-TS?

Could he beat Sabo in a 1v1?

Most likely on par, potentially slightly weaker or stronger depending on how Oda spins the aftermath of his fight. I would bet on him staying the same though.
As of right now I like to believe he could beat Sabo, but endgame Sabo would almost certainly win, and personal bias aside Oda would probably have him beat Kuzan if it happened "now".

We seriously need a Chapter. Threads are slow and boring, there aren't even the usual shitposters.

who /monet/ here?

That's anime original, in the manga Akainu is blown back into HQ and buried under rubble.

I'd rather a dead thread then a thread with shitposters.
But yes, I am a Monetfag.
Not THE Monetfag however.

The only shitposters that really needs to fuck of are the shipperfags. The others are more or less comfy imo

When you put it like that I guess I can't actually think of any non shipperfag shitposters that I mind.
Can anyone else think of some?

Can Tech the two fruits because he is a descendent of a devil? I wonder if Oda is going to give luffy a second fruit later

Flat earth

>still posting old pasta
>still replying to old pasta

>old man past his prime
>stabbed through the chest
>wrecked marineford and everyone on it
>overrated

>a normal Yonkou
What the fuck is this head canon. There are only 4 yonko; they are all unique and we know almost nothing about their individual power or whether or not Whitebeard's 'strongest man' was more of a formality in his old age.

>Brooklyn accent and not a Italian accent

I still think 4kids ruined he anime before toei officially ruined it.

Who is the most overhyped character by fans in OP and why is it Garp the fist?

I mean yes he did have some amazing feats
>fighting on par with the PK
>being the marines hero (for unknown reasons)
>destroying 8 mountains
>destroy chinjo head
>training 5 of the strongest characters by the end (ok helmeppo is left to be decided)
and the listen can go on I bet. So don't get me wrong what he has done he deserves the praise but Garpfags will swear up and down he's the strongest marine ever when that has never been stated. They will say that he's stronger then both Kong and sengoku just since oda hasn't hype them up as much.

>the strongest man in the world

In his prime and a few decades after Roger died, but not the old version that couldn't dodge Squardo's attack or defend from Akainu because of heart failure. I'm sure Shanks and Kaido could beat old WB, but because they never fought he got to keep the title even in dying breath.

Just like Shanks is not necessarily an inferior swordsman to Mihawk, Blackbeard just has to kill Shanks so Zoro never has to fight him.

Who is the most underhyped character by fans in OP and why is it Wapol?

He did have some amazing feats
>Eating himself
and the listen can go on I bet.

My bad I meant list. And no he isn't underrated he has always sucked. Most under rated would helmeppo

Wow what a faggot

What a garpfag

>blades don't kill people
>sleep does
What the shit is this logic?

>muh nosebleeds
>muh won't hit a woman
Ignore the faggots, Sanji is boss.

>being able to knock out armies
>not dangerous

>muh i'm gonna keep jobbing post-TS
Sanji is a shitter

>Sabo is admiral level

You need fist of love.

help-me-poo didn't eat himself

No I don't he can keep them

I'm glad he didn't , that would make him shit.

but he would be gone he would not be shit

Sanji is the Yamcha of OP. A jabroni of the highest order

Sabo needs time to master his devil fruit. Ace could probably beat Kuzan tho

I think it would be poetic if Sabo took down Akainu.

How suicidal will SANAfags be when this happen?

Struggle struggle struggle. Luffy struggle with trash mobs. Zoro cant cut invisble strings.. Dropping this.

>logia
>strong as fuck haki
He kinda is, but the lower ending maybe

>Why is Whitebeard so overrated?
Now that's a way to start a shit thread.

72 years old and marineford was before Oda came up with shit like augmentation haki etc, lots of the commanders were underpowered because of that too.
That's why faggot

What i found more impressive than Whitebeards performance was Akainu only needing some minutes of rest after an earthquake to the ribs and one to the face.

Haki did exist back then. How else was Whitebeard able to hit Akainu and do him harm?

This guy gets it.

Haki has existed since Whitebeard's clash with shanks, it's when most of the established facts of it began to be introduced, shortly was Shabondy with Rayleigh doing his shit and after that Amazon lily.

Hardening only cam after the timeskip because Oda realised an invisible doesn't explain show or explain battle difference in comparison to what happened before, otherwise it'd littlerally just be the same fights however now people can hit logia when they couldn't before.

the black colour change is just for visual clarity.

Last thread said that he's got a new job and can't post as much anymore due to a night schedule.
Isn't that something? Years of shitposting, thread bitching, complaining to mods, arguments and fights, and the one thing that actually stopped him in the end was IRL bullshit.

> Marinford would have become niggerswar if this had been a thing before

This is exactly why I hate him.

>not Jobroni
Nigga

The nosebleed thing has resolved itself.

Could it be the woman thing does too?
Maybe he'll acknowledge female pirates as true adversaries for Luffy's sake.

Hhaven't seen him kick a bitch yet.

You mean he'd only fight women who are at around the Monster Trio's level? That could be cool but there would only be like 3 fights in the whole series. The majority would still be dudes.

He was at the very least Sengoku's equal despite not having a DF. Kong is almost a totally unknown factor. I think that at least Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru could all individually give Garp a run for his money, especially since he's getting up there in age now.

I just want a few chapters of young Garp and Sengoku adventures. Tsuru can come too.

I can only imagine the trail of slain bitches Garp left up and down the Grand Line during his first tour of duty against Roger.

None. Tsuru would beat his ass for trying. Then pat his head

Nah she'd have been too shy to admit she wanted Garp to herself.

Seems she was hot-shit in her day though.
Even Doffy was afraid of her.

>Tsuru
>Shy
Nigga, get the fuck outta here. Tsuru is alpha as fuck. She would have grabbed Garp's dick any minute of the day.

Roger, Whitebeard and prime Garp were like the strongest guys ever. Sengoku and Rayleigh were still yonko level but abit weaker than them because they didn't have the will of D so they wouldn't go that apeshit crazy like Roger or Garp. WB didn't have the will either but the destructive ability of his fruit is still fucking deadly in 1v1 without allies to damage. Tsuru was admiral elvel at the very least because Doffy was scared of her.

You don't hate Monet.
You hate the shitposters.

>Tsuru
>Admiral level

If she was that strong, why didn't she become an Admiral herself? I mean she doesn't seem like the type who would reject promotions. Also her devil fruit sucks ass.

This.

I hate her for attacking and mutilating that marine.

you don't hate carrot you hate shitposters.

that marine doesn't hate her for it though

Quick reminder this is canon

I hate her for being loud and obnoxious.

He probably got retired with a pension, but if I were him i'd rather keep my right arm.

I do not like Carrot much so far. Pedro, Pekoms, Wanda, Neko and Inu are all better minks.

kys

I want Monet to attack and mutilate my dick.

Know yourself?

>hating Carrot
this should be a bannable offense

If you want to intimidate pirates, who would you choose? An old woman or a young man with logia powers?

Too late, she's dead

Exactly, she's annoying. Hopefully Sanji will eat her. If she joins I will be angry.

Not inside my heart. And dick.

Why is this turning into a furry thread?