Have you ever fought alongside the French? Whats your opinion about them?

Have you ever fought alongside the French? Whats your opinion about them?

Came across that slightly lengthy paper about a guy working with the French in Afghanistan:
chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/07/09/working-with-the-french-army/

It was an eye opener, I knew the jokes were just that but still held a negative opinion about their military prowesses.
So the jokes aside, why are so many of us still genuinely holding the view that the French are cowards or terrible fighters, when they obviously aren't?

Also saw this on Sup Forums last week:
youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

Didn't know shit about that story before I watched the Dunkirk movie, and even if I enjoyed it, it looks like the movie is biased as fuck and entirely dismissing the reality of the whole event, namely that the French actually did most of the fighting against all odds to keep the Germans at bay to allow the British to escape.
It's astonishing that the movie doesn't give any slight credit to that.

Also learned they're the only nation to have developed their nuclear weapons by themselves, had their own space program by the 60's, are the only ones alongside the US and the UK to have a blue water navy, and more stuff like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_plans_for_intervention_in_the_Winter_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The meme that France is a nation of cowards and terrible fighters just come from the non intervention in iraq. The country is between germany,Italy, the UK and Spain, if we were that much cowards France would not exist today. 1870 and 1940 were a total disaster though

well

i know for sure, their weapons are in pristine condition.

Never fired and only dropped once

>Also learned they're the only nation to have developed their nuclear weapons by themselves
Yep, that way we don't need nukes made in US or any nonsense like that.

If you go back in the archives you can see the US bitching about it at the UN.

No we were getting our hsit pushed in during ww1 because they promied us modern artilerry and equipment but like they always do failed to deliver.We finally got it when we were left with 1/5th of our country and barely managed to hold on.Never ally yourself with the french they are weak and retarded.Also in 30 years,what french,you mean the western muslim caliphate.

>come from the non intervention in iraq

And it was probably the smartest political move by a European power in the last half a century

Too bad the jew neocons ruined it and had one of their own elected so they could bomb Libya and replace a secular leader with Jihadists

Bravo jews

lol ? You had to rely on your britbongs "ally" then friesnigger

mb colorblind read belgium
Nothing to tell you gypsies

looking at that map orientation makes me dizzy

Sarkozy was the jewish president France had elected by the way, in case anyone was unaware that it was him and Hillary that campaigned the most for Gaddafi's removal and anal rape/murder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_plans_for_intervention_in_the_Winter_War
Almost

Funniest part : he did a Trump-like campaign. But frenchfags voted for him and he cucked them
In a supposed catholic country. mfw jews kill your savior but you're 100% ok with making a jew your president.

>It was an eye opener, I knew the jokes were just that but still held a negative opinion about their military processes.

WWII, mostly. They lost almost as quickly as Poland, despite actually outnumbering the Germans and have more tanks/artillery.

I also don't think they've ever really recovered from the mauling they took in 1914.

The country was at this time too left-leaning (not to mention has had a jew PM, Blum), full of pacifist dreams "eternal peace between everybody hurray for republic", and too butthurt over every shekel the german owned them without seeing the big picture and letting germany pretty much free reign over that.

I fought alongside muricans in Afghanistan in 2008 and they were bro as fuck.

Except he's not jewish, he's not even free mason.
He larps as a catholic tho.

No it mainly came from the WWII and I admit it's kinda deserved we ashamed ourselves. We should have joined the nazis like Italy did anyway.

He's a quadroon, counts to me.
And acted as such anyway

New Congo, formerly known as "france", needs to die

He's not really jewish only his grandfather was. Even under the 3rd Reich this is not considered jewish.

I present you Bernard Henry Levy, proud initiator of the war in Libya

>No we were getting our hsit pushed in during ww1 because they promied us modern artilerry and equipment but like they always do failed to deliver.We finally got it when we were left with 1/5th of our country and barely managed to hold on.

You can't possibly be that retarded. Do you even realize where you country stands on a WW1 map?

>coming from germany

hmmmm

Frech are cowards is a ahistorical meme have up by ignorant retards

Frech have the most accomplished militrary history in the world torturer with the Anglo and Russians

We Krauts basically where the bitchboy of Europe since the 11th to the 19th century
The Germanic warrior meme needs to die

Frenchmen are glorious fighters and I concede their superiors of ours
But today they are in fact cowards , not because they lost against Hitler, a defeat doesn't overshadow 1000yesrs of Glory but because they're the first European nation to be totally BLACKED
Frenchmen will be the first to die out of all Europeans

It's a shame really and hurts my heart ,such glory and rich history forever destroyed by savages and traitors

From the great European empires Britain, Germany, France and Russia, only the last one is left (in adiminished form)

They where expecting Russian support.

I never understood the French surrender meme either. They have won more battles throughout history than most other countries combined. But even more than that, they managed almost a thousand years of continued expansion and have kept almost all territorial gains, besides napoleons.

27% of the 18-27 male population was dead, more than half if you count the wounded

meanwhile a meme treaty """punish"""germany

so yeah

I agree, but so does Germanistan.

nice meme self hating german.
Germany could've easily dominated Europe in the middle ages if the German peoples united into 1 centralised state (centralised relative to the centralisation of the HRE which was a disaster).

Even acknowledging the HRE themselves as the embodiment of an early German nation, they were quite a substantial unit. Albeit not the best.

Of course we see the results of a unified and relatively centralised German state in the late 18th century and onwards. Which substantially destroyed France, in 1870 and 1940.

Even in WW1 they did considerable damage and most likely would have won if it was a 1v1 war.

Don't downplay what you call a so called 'Germanic warrior meme', . I'm not even German myself, if anything the opposite, a slav.

France only had such a supreme reign in the middle ages as a result of having a relatively more centralised state than the tiresomely large and decentralised HRE. If there was a German kingdom spanning the German parts of the HRE, I can say rather confidently that they would have contended the glory which France had in the middle ages and later with much success.

>if HRE was united it could have beat France
>meanwhile whole Europe couldn't do it

>Prussia
>A Unified German State
pic one, Prussia was one state of the multiple countries which compromised the German peoples. If they were all in one state, with one army, one centralised core.
They would have the same odds against what they French held against them, centralisaton.

We see the results of when a German state is centralised and unified in 1870 and onwards. In all further conflicts against France it was a substantial German victory. Of course France had the potential to deal the opposite, although did that happen?
No

Sure senpai.

I used to troll the French soldiers during my time in the corps.

French men really are gay pushovers

Indeed.

True. Nuremberg laws were rather philosemite.

Kinda true up to the 2010's. Now Britain and other European countries are catching up with us.

Except those different peoples under the HRE rule didn't have enough in common to form a «nation». Some were leftovers of the Carolingian Empire, others weren't.
They lacked a shared past and a common future, which Napoléon offered them.
Also, you can't compare post Revolution post Napoléon France with the one of the Ancien Régime. Would be like comparing present Poland with what the Grand Duché de Pologne Lithuanie was.

No they were just not autistic. Don't try to be more monarchist than the king faggot. Sarkozy is not jewish and white goys can be as dangerous as the jews to us.

I'm Scottish, they were valuable allies against the fucking English

>If
>Would have
>If if
not an argument
We're talking historic fact no fantasy

Throughout history the French have always been our biggest enemy. That means they could fight a bit. Then Germany came along...

If the French weren't incredibly militarily successful they wouldn't have existed

> having a relatively more centralised state

Which is a sign of the French being more organized and strategic than the old backwards HRE.

There's a reason that the HRE spent most of its years getting invaded by foreign countries (30 years war) until it finally got finished off by Napoleon. The HRE had no form of unity or even consistent government. The result was that it was constantly bullied by far more powerful countries.

>that paragraph about "sexual harassment"
kek I don't see how puritanism could improve efficiency in the army, muricans should calm down sometimes.

Uk/France=best enemies for ever

Our brown descendants will fight against each other inch'allah

Sure thing Yann Shalomos.

Je suis 200% Français autiste.

Germanistan should be burned to ashes

Honorary Frenchman