What's the deepest anime have you ever watched?

What's the deepest anime have you ever watched?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cory in the house

Your mom's pussy.

This will never make sense. Idolshit is no different from your regular moe shows.

Casuals don't watch either.

>Kill la Kill
>FMA
>Gintama
>Madoka
>Gurren Lagann
>Jojo
>Fate
>Sailor Moon
>GintS
>Serial Experiments Lain

Move this garbage to tier 1 then kill yourself. If you enjoyed any of the above and anything in level 1 besides LotGH make your death painful because you're human trash.

ALWAYS

Wow, look at this contrarian edgelord

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Typical moeshitter scum

Now that's what I call bait

>Keit-ai

Not going off that chart (otherwise it would be IM@S), it would probably be Angel's Egg.
I felt like I was watching an art house film in the university district.

Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Rezarion

>Kill la Kill
>FMA:B
>Sailor Moon
>Outsider

This is normal as fuck.

Wtf is Cat Soup ? Never heard of it.

Find a way to the trash bin.

>permanently banned from all boards

I have had nightmares about this, it's horrifying.

>he had to photoshop this

Keit-ai confirmed for unstoppable and board culture.

>Deep = Obscure
>implying

Symphogeah, apparently.

>ket-ai at the very bottom
Does this mean the greatest anime ever existed never exist?

The IDOLM@STER

I wnt directly to level 6. bro your scale is broken

There he is. There he goes again.
Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture. Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.”
You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.
And that’s all you’ll ever be.

>anime
>deep

You can have any color you want, as long as it's black.

>Symphogear
>level 6

Here we go. Here we fucking go. Every thread, every single thread, we have one of you chucklefuck shitposters finding a way to post Keit-Ai. Is the thread about music? Finds a way. Is the thread about studios? Finds a way. Is the thread about a seasonal show? Finds a way. Is the thread about waifu's? Finds a way. Is the thread about anything? Finds a fucking way. Your shitty 4 year old copypasta meme will never, EVER become a thing. And I hope you cry about that fact every night whenever you post Keit-Ai in every, single, fucking thread.

Level 7 by your standards.

>What's the deepest anime have you ever watched?
Hm... I've watched FLCL, but didn't really 'get it'; I've been meaning to go back and rewatch it though.

Where does Haruhi's Endless Eight fall on the scale? Watching the whole thing in one day has got to be worth at least a 4. (I also watched season one in broadcast order. Although, I haven't finished season 2 yet...)

If that doesn't count, then I'd say the deepest anime I've really "understood" has got to be "School-Live!". That's around a level 3-4.

>NGE all the way on tier 3
>actually finishing the story is another tier down
what kind of shit is this

I'm strangely proud to say that the only listed Level 1 thing I've seen is Dragonball, and I only really enjoyed the first few arcs of it. I was thinking of watching K-On to relax a bit, though.

Unlisted Level 1s include Digimon and Yugioh, although the Yugioh I liked the best was the first series, the one that never got dubbed - and that's a Level 2.

Symphogear

How is Idolm@ster and Aikatsu level 6?

So, what's the fucking deal with Tenshi no Tamago? seriously, what the fuck is going on in that movie? were the director and animators on drugs during the entire production? what the fuck was that, watching EoE when i was 12 wasn't this bad, holy shit.

>Keit-ai

Well, of course.

Where would Psycho Pass be at?

>1. Unplug router
>2. Plug back in

Very hard stuff here

>gakkou gurashi

i like your taste

That shit's all over the place, but Angel's Egg according to that chart. Real deepest is probably Genocyber. That shit is a masterpiece if you can look past the 'FROM THE DIRECTOR OF M.D GEIST!' reputation.

Why is Macross level 6? It's entry level /m/-core.

Haven't seen it in a while but isn't it just about faith and innocence with lots of surreal, sea-based imagery to tie it into Noah's Ark?

>What's the deepest anime have you ever watched?
Pic related, and I think there still isn't a better example of deep anime in existence.

But M.D Geist is better than Genocyber.

I love Geist but I think it shows that it was Ohata's first time directing. Genocyber is far more tight and coherent. And most of Geist's style is in the sounstrack and designs, while Genocyber shows some flair in direction as well, taking influence from the Japanese cyberpunk movement. The presentation of Hong Kong in part 1 and Ark De Grande in part 3 is mindblowingly good.

evaNGElion is 2deep4me.

Kino no tabi I guess. It's not like it was hard to get, but it felt pretty deep. Truly a Kino experience.

Serial Experiments Lain

You did that just for the pun.

Often animefags have a hard time interpreting the metaphorical. I suggest reading a book instead of watching SoL drama #612

Someone was so mad they had to make this picture.

>implying all these mushbrain idiots could understand even entry level literature

>that whole list
>thinking abstract = deep
What a fucking moron.

>You can have any color you want, as long as it's black.
In that case, I choose _pink.

and yet Eva and EoE are fine being that deep for you. Jesus at least try to hide how shit your opinion is.

u right, there's nothing wrong with anime being simple, fun, and mostly retarded, but as long as the industry is this way there will always be idiots making WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH posts.

What exactly is deep about Symphogear?

Coryposter detected.

>iDOLM@STER
>level 6

pretty shit list sempai

The chart was more about how "into" anime you are. You have to like anime pretty well as a medium in order to appreciate symphogear. Not because it is hard to understand, but because there are a lot of very cliche things that make it some amalgamation of magical girl, idol, and mecha, and yuri that make it not easy for people who aren't familiar with anime to enjoy.

I will watch Angel's Egg before this year end, that way I will reach the next level.

Birth probably counts as "deep" in this context.

EoE. Although I didn't really understand most of it. I should probably rewatch it soon.

You are wrong because you don't need to know about anime to enjoy Cat Soup, Angel's Egg, or Paprika yet they're far down the tier list. In fact it's probably better that you don't know anything about anime because that way there's a higher chance that you're not brain dead.

Woah, I never realized the acronym is in the name.

How likely are you to have heard about either of those without watching anime? Usually someone is very into anime before hearing about those. Not saying that you can't enjoy them, but you aren't likely to know they exist.

They wouldn't know about idol shit or Symphogear, but the average anime watcher probably wouldn't like them.

>Where does Haruhi's Endless Eight fall on the scale?
It's pretentious, but not exactly deep. They try to get the audience to experience the same tedium that one of the characters did. That's the whole point of it - not something that's very difficult to grasp.

Gakkougurashi is actually a very deep anime, mainly because of the sheer level of thought it can provoke thanks to the themes it explores.

I see what you're saying now, I agree.

Nearly every cinephile has heard of these.

Cinephiles aren't average anime watchers. They would skip and 1 and 2 and watch 3 solely for the cultural significance. They would then watch almost exclusively 4 and 5.

evaNGElion

EVAngeLION

AngeL
EVA
LION

ANNOOOOOO

It's pretty sad that you think that anime has artistic merit and that it should be a factor when choosing which anime to watch.

Did you even watch Keit-Ai? It was actually pretty fucking good. Kill yourself.

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I don't even watch animu and i've visited 1-4, I think your list is broken.

Some anime does have artistic merit, very few but there are some. My post was showcasing the ones that don't.

Alien9 is my favorite postmodern video art composition

ok so I didn't want to make my own thread about this so I'll ask it here.

Im a normal fag and want to wantch Berserk but I'm kind of thrown off as to what is what. I watched around 6 episodes of the anime and just watched one of the movies with a friend. Should I watch the anime and then the movies since they link up, or do they take completely different paths?

He's lying to throw off the plebs who want to be spoonfed the meaning of the symbols.

no he's actually really dumb

The anime and the movies tell the same story but the anime goes into a bit more depth.

And the story which they tell is the backstory of Guts, which actually is really damn long and most of what Berserk is remembered for.

The proper way to go through Berserk is the manga, which actually starts after what the movies/anime cover and then flashes back to the start of the movies/manga to reach forwards again. The opening bit isn't essential but it makes you view certain things in a different light as vague details of how things turn out are given.

The anime/movies are solid though, so if you go through them and then decide to go through the manga you won't be missing much, just you'll end up going through a fairly big part of the story twice. I personally think:

Manga > Anime > Movies

but don't let that get you down if you had one in mind, they're all solid enough. And after the movies/anime end the manga keeps going for a long time and gets more and more normalfaggot unfriendly as the writer gets bored and starts experimenting with goofy shit.

>Enjoying Gintama makes you human trash

Inbreeding detected

Good shit. Thanks brah.

>And after the movies/anime end the manga keeps going for a long time
Roughly what chapter in the manga is where the anime/movies end if the manga continues for a long time after?

Get outa here Digibro

No, my point was that you're an autistic, self-satisfied neckbeard. Consuming media purely for entertainment isn't shameful; Wittgenstein watched westerns after his lectures. Temporarily being in a state of lower mental activity does not mean you are stupid. What is shameful is pretending to be a cultured person who is able to recognize and care about artistic merit when it's painfully obvious that in reality you just want to win your petty little internet arguments.

I think that Chapter 94 is when 'The Golden Age' arc officially ends, and that's where the show and movies cut off.

He's just pretending to be retarded.

Just like Japan in general.

>triggered
Why the fuck is End of Evangelion on its own level? It's not any more obscure than Eva is. Like what the fuck? Every single one of this graphics puts EoE on a higher level than Eva itself like it's some sort of fucking secret ending. Literally anyone that's seen Eva since it aired has seen EoE.

Cat soup was fun.

thanks user!

>Why the fuck is End of Evangelion on its own level?
so deep