Why do white people have trouble with Chinese names?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because white names have clear vowel placement where as chinks have a slurred mess they roll out of their mouths

He has a point though, its not that its difficult or unintuitive for anglish speakers, its that we're lazy or dont care how to pronounce chink names o

I've heard all of those other names said a large number of times so my brain knows how they're pronounced when i read them. I haven't been exposed to enough celestials' names.

Because chinese is stricter about pronunciation or something. Also what the fuck is a denerys?

its usually people who struggle with languages that have trouble pronouncing foreign names

I don't have trouble with Chinese names. I can call them Jackie Chan just fine.

>list a bunch of famous people all of whom have household names.
>WAH! why don't people know chinese names?

>You know all of your culture but don't know all of other cultures!
No shit. China doesn't care what Brazil does.

>tones
lmfao learn a civilized language, rice nigger.

can anyone translate OP's image please?
what did the goo-
sorry, gentleman of gookery say?

*whomst

dis ping pong 2600hz

>four clearly defined intonations instead of the individual word based clusterfuck for English words
>each character is monosyballic

Because it's not our language you fucking mong

This.
The languages are distinctively different. If you want a non-Asian example for shit Westeners can't pronounce, take the longer Polish name. It's just a 100 consonants in random order, no one can pronounce that shit either.

Fucking chinks can't make an L sound.

IM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

>clearly defined
that'd be just fine if they were actually clearly defined but they aren't so it's not fine

>each character is monosyballic
that'd be fine if each character wasn't a completely arbitrary meaningless logogram

he says he's not a cannibal it's just that you have the face of a dog ahmed

since I'm not retarded if someone tells me how to pronounce their name I'll say it correctly

i have no idea how to pronunciate soiaf characters names since i read the books and dont watch the show

>"Attention Whoring," race edition.

>people have trouble making pronouncements they aren't accustomed to pronouncing

Really baked my noodle.

Because they're fucking terrible.
Japan fixed this issue, why can't you?

Intonation is very important in Chinese while European languages are kinda "flat" sounding. Plus some sounds don't exist here like what is transcribed as "q" or "x". Same reason foreigners usually have trouble with the English "th"

Chinese is a very 'smooth' language in that syllables flow into one another often without needing any new enunciation which is drastically different from European languages.

Gee it's almost if a culture and race can pronounce names of near cultures.

Because you need to throw a bunch of pots and pans down a stairwell in order to pronounce them properly.

t. hapa

>you are racist because you have no problem saying this popular names that media repeats to you, in clear and precise pronuciation, over and over
Gee I wonder how that came to happen.

I'm not an entomologist so I don't care about what insects call themselves.

>Complains white people can't pronounce gook properly
>Go to local chinese for takeaway
>Ahh herro saah hau arr yuu todeey

Welsh is the worst.

Daenerys is a Targaryen, duh.

This dudes name is Noah Juicy, what the fuck is he whining about?

kek this is true. I find Russian names hard to pronounce as fuck. Chink and other Asian names (except for South Indian names) are easy to say if you can read it that is.

Russian and most European name needs some tongue gymnastics.

Orientals am I right?

Most Americans can't even pronounce "Wagner" right.

it's good to be called a hero though.

Asian "names" are irrelevant, worthless and barbaric in their composition.

White people can't bother with the vocabulary of subhumans, its not worth to us.
Speak english or fuck off.

most Americans can't pronounce anything right that's not English, actually ;)

"Say Lala Land for me please"

it's just completely different language families. take German for example, where words are clearly separated and even without understanding anything you can probably group the syllables correctly just from listening to it. for Chink everything flows into each other and on top of that you have the pitch which also changes the meaning.

It's almost like different cultures find other cultures hard to pronounce.

Most Americans can't even pronounce English right

Because we can't pronounce the sun hui without laughing.

t. Russian.

>here's a non-existent problem I made up based for a strawman I created based off of random stereotypes and baseless anecdotes I read on Twitter
>I am now leading this movement to fight bigotry from my imagined hypothetical scenarios

I don't know why people my age are so desperate to convince others they're fighting prejudice around the world.

Tchaikovsky, schwarzenigger and danny are white. Fuck the chinks.

Anyone have the clip of the nazi trying to write down prisoner names and he can't get the polacks name right?

Because Wade-Giles romanizations make no fucking sense, while pinyin actually looks like how it should be pronounced but no one uses it

kek I want to see that.

post more Tomato girl

>asian languages uses different tongue movements which are tained
>asian names are not widespread in the west like the other names he mentions
>he ignores the fucking fact that many people know how to pronounce sun tzu, deng wei, cao cao, etc. because of exposure

>people have trouble speaking a language they have no exposure to
Woah

Buddhism doesn't make sense because its just bastardised hinduism desu.

Actually we all speak perfect Chinese. We just refuse to pronounce things correctly to avoid the influences of Communism.

My man

>Swooatze Nigger
Yeah, anglos sure are able to pronounce these names without fail. Do I even want to know how Tschaikowski gets butchered?

>white people
These are just Americans, don't fucking project that onto the rest of them. They probably don't give enough fucks about the Asian languages and that's why they make mistakes all the time.
Anyway, why the hell is Japanese so much more pleasant to the ear than its' neighbour languages?

Probably because Xingpingbaodongwonglingzing doesnt make much sense in english; asian languages just sound like comical gibberish to an english ear.

its like asking, 'hey how come Poopoo Peepee Smith isnt a very popular name in english???'

Please tell me you call wagons "vagens" so I can laugh at you

I have no problem pronouncing Jap names. It's these chink silverware drawer down a staircase names I can't pronounce (and I took a year of Mandarin in school)

>its like asking, 'hey how come Poopoo Peepee Smith isnt a very popular name in english???'

Want to know the best part? Countless Asians have the same fucking surname but are not related. 1/3rd of Korea is named Park/Pak, 1/3rd of China is Chan, and Japan is either Chan, San, Kun, or Sama

To me any asian language besides japanes sounds either like gibrish or like saying "ching chong chang" continously.

I'm not familiar with those names.
Does that make me a bad person or something?

Me sho sholly but when did chinks start speaking English correctly?

most of the chinese people i know give themselves a western name anyway

vanessa and tommy are easy enough to remember

With or without clothes?

>Japan is either Chan, San, Kun, or Sama
They also like to change that shit to fuck with white people.
One person will come up and say hi to Toyota-Kun, then some other person walks up and greets Toyota-Senpai.
It's fucking confusing.

Anglos can't even pronounce "Einstein" right for fuck's sack
Besides nobody cares about the chinks barbaric "language"

>The buddha

because asian shit isn't a popular part of western culture. i guarantee there are plenty of white people who, when they see tchaikovsky, have no idea how to pronounce it.

cherry-picked straw-man manufactured controversy bullshit.

because chinese names can be written in english but they completely ignore the rules of english

They're honorifics that depends entirely on their relationship and status with each other.

Game of Thrones.

1) tonality is foreign to Europeans
2) transliteration of Chinese characters into the Latin alphabet is imprecise - e.g. the Chinese capital can be rendered as "Peking" or "Beijing" depending on which system you use

Cy кин cин

>my fav targaryen is daenerys
what a bunch of fucking plebs
superior dragon coming through

lmao i don't even know how to pronounce tchaikovsky

>sum ting Wong
>bang ding hao
>wi tu lo

Like chai tea, with an added kovsky.

>google "long welsh name"
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
That must go against all laws of the english language, how the fuck was that developed right next to England?

eh...

>chai tea
>tea tea

You're assuming the Welsh are English, I'm not sure there they are even human.

No I'm assuming they're a direct neighbour to England, normally neighbours are at least similar.

that's a badass name.

Lan fair Pill gwen niggle

youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

We can do better.

>Chinese is a very 'smooth' language

European is actually a very hard language to learn, due to the importance of subtle pronounciation differences like ć vs č or đ vs dž.

japanese is a mono voice language. all other SE asians speak tonal languages. which is why theyre always screeching, shouting and being generally displeasent.

>Why do white people have trouble with Chinese names?
>Posts a Korean name
Idiot

It's still too different. Once I was at the asian store and tried to pronounce a name of a chinese product, and the clerk looked at me like I was an idiot.

Because Chinese names aren't pronounced like they are spelt. Even if you write the names in English, they're basically pronounced nothing like they are spelt.

For example, how is Zhuge pronounced? (It's pronounced "Duke")
That's just an easier example.

we don't. most of us just don't give a flying fuck about your culture.

's huge but with a Z.

I would love to see this guy try to say "Koenigsegg" correctly without having heard it first.

I literally said Zhuge is pronounced like "duke" or "juke" depending on your accent.

>That must go against all laws of the english language, how the fuck was that developed right next to England?
According to legend the welsh wanted to piss off their overlords so when they started writing down the names of welsh towns, they added a shit ton of silent characters to make them waste ink.