Do you buy anime?

Do you buy anime?

Sometimes.

>buying localized shit

do not do this

Its just a picture user

only watched the first movie but the second and third seem like shit, with the third movie turning broly into a literal green piece of shit

the broly movie is very overrated for some reason

I guess cause hes a roided out bad looking mother fucker but the movie is actually really boring.

Gumpla.

It's prohibitively expensive, and for most older shows you can't find a physical copy even if you wanted to.

Streaming services offer something worse than illegally downloading copies, I don't want to pay to get something worse and less convenient.

No

mfw I live in a small apartment with nothing but a mattress, white walls and an old laptop to watch anime.

I rarely buy anime
but I have subscriptions to funimation, crunchyroll, netflix, amazon prime and about to get hulu.
Plus between the wife and I we probably spend around 250 a year on anime merch.
So I definitely financially support the industry. I just don't have much of a reason to get the blu rays. Especially of series I know will mess it up (like dragon ball)

why are they all still wrapped?

>not buying sealed physical and then torrenting the show anyway so you can keep it sealed

Second one is shit. Some reason, Broly is on earth encased in ice like he's godzilla or some shit.

Yes I plan to buy every single One Piece episode.

>that one Legend of Korra dvd
triggered

madman

ONE PIECE WILL NEVER LOVE YOU BACK user

I have like 12 box sets downstairs. Slowly growing.

>Mirai Nikki
Why?

>Buying Disneys Ghibli

Disney has no respect.

>Avatar tLA
great taste

Yes

Yeah, sometimes. Only for things I REALLY like.

>being this autistic about dvd wrappings
Your also a Sup Forumsfag arent you?

Only in obselete formats like VHS.

What if there's some short disastrous event that nearly kills off mankind, and user is one of the survivors?
After rebuilding civilization, he might wanna watch anime, but if the internet isn't working, but tv and dvd/blueray players still work thanks to electricity being restored, he could then rewatch his favorite anime shows.
If they're still wrapped in plastic, that gives them mint condition and ensures that they didn't degrade too much.

There are no publishers here anymore. Except one, but everyone here forgot they existed (I think they released some recent Sailor Moon movie before?) until they announced some Shinkai movies recently. I do have some DVDs from when they were still sold.
I still buy manga, though.

Oh cool, your sister watches anime too

Personally, while I torrent a lot, I still buy anime. Always have, always will.

Been slowly converting to BD, too. Got lots of DVD's as well, of course. I mean lots.

B...buy?

What is this 'buy' you speak of?

Some kind of ceremonial dance done while torrenting

dish looks lig a egji thread

If theres a series that I really like then I'll go out and buy it.

The only two Blu-rays I own as of now are Black Lagoon and Baccano!. I'll pick up some more eventually.

No. Anime industry is retarded and as long as they keep the decadent BD sales approach it shouldn't be supported.