Yahari Oregairu Hayama Gayness

Canonically Hayama is the first person to give Hachiman a MAX COFFEE, which is symbolic for "The Genuine". How gay is Hayama for Hachiman?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/O8csn
imgur.com/a/cRZnK
imgur.com/a/RWGzz
imgur.com/a/ue4Gf
imgur.com/a/xpAMp
imgur.com/a/AqbAR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He isn't gay, just being nice. You know that guy in high school who is popular by the girls, well liked by the guys and is nice to the weirdos to score cool points from everyone else.....that is Hayama. I couldn't stand him the moment he was introduced. He always has this pity look when stares at Hachi and it makes me sick.

What is all these gay thread today. It is like someone is fujo cycle-jerking or something.

oh? not wanting to ride with two cute girls who are into him, to comfort and ride with his one of his gay-bros. C'mon, he's flaming!

first Hayama has to deal with competitor

Hourly reminder 8man will find a way to protect both of their smiles.

Good Irohasu, everyone!

its the neo Sup Forums kouhai

Was ANOTHER Yukino's bad end?

Hachiman will protect both their smiles? that's good

more like an unsettling end for her, maybe good things could come of it later like Hachiman and Yui helping her later. But maybe she never goes for her desires in life and family expectations crush her and cast her future in stone

Reminder that original Hayama had glasses in LN

>Canonically Hayama is the first person to give Hachiman a MAX COFFEE

I'm fairly certain episode 6 takes place before episode 8. Also Hayato gives Hachiman a Max Coffee and then proceeds to talk about Yukino, so that should tell you that Max Coffee is symbolic for Hachiman and Yukino's relationship, but you probably didn't want a serious reaction so I'll just stop here.

That was just some refreshment. Only a girlfriend is allowed to supply MAX COFFEE so Yui will have that covered.

Yukino sure is a joker then. Always supplying 8man with MAX COFFE™ when it's supposed to be Yui's job.

Yukino didn't give Hachiman that MAX COFFEE however, unless you have hard proof to the contrary.

Meanwhile, in situation I posted Hayama gave Hachiman some and then enjoyed one with him.

In the LN Hayato didn't give Hachiman max coffee and instead they had that conversation while they were trying to sleep. Try again .

Yes my lord. You speak only the truth.

>Well, there was probably no way anyone could sleep easy after being made to do what he did today. I’d only watched from the shadows and I didn’t feel too good about it. “Sorry I pushed the villain role on you.”
>“I don’t mind, really. I don’t feel that hung up about it. It just brought back some memories… a long time ago, I did nothing when a similar scene played out in front of me,” Hayama said, not jokingly or dejectedly, but with something like yearning.
>Knowing nothing of Hayama and Yukinoshita’s past, I had no idea how I was supposed to answer that. Instead of make some generic response, all I could do was simply pretend to be asleep.
>“Things would probably have turned out better if Yukinoshita‐san had been like her sister.”
>Ah, so this guy knew about Haruno as well, probably from meeting her at home or whatever. But even if we knew the same person, I had to disagree with Hayama.
>“Nah… you don’t have to say that. Just imagining Yukinoshita with good social graces creeps me out.”
>“Haha, guess you’re right.”
>It was dark so I couldn’t see him, but it was hard to imagine Hayama’s smile from the way he spoke. His tone suddenly dropped, and I could hear him breathing slightly.
>“…hey, I wonder how things would’ve turned out if we went to the same elementary school, Hikitani‐kun.”
>I answered his question promptly. “It’s obvious. There would’ve just been one more loner in your school.”
>“You think so?”
>“I think so.” My voice was extremely thick with confidence.
>I could somewhat make out the sound of Hayama’s quiet chuckling. In order to distract me from the fact he had been laughing, Hayama let out a little cough.
>“I think a lot of things would’ve been ended up differently. It’s just… even so…”
>There was a pause as if he was choosing his words.
>“I probably wouldn’t have gotten along with you, Hikigaya‐kun.”

Forced Drama: The Animation

anime is as canon as LN, user. Watari obviously felt the homo-bro vibes needed more accentuation

So can someone please explain who the confession at the beginning of Volume E is from?

Originally I thought it was Yukino with "he" being Hachiman and the scene she describes being the 'genuine' scene, but I had trouble understanding it. Then people started saying it was Hayama or Hachiman and the 'he' was the other, with the scene being the false confession.

Of all the anonymous memorandums WW has written, that is the only one where people don't seem agree on who it's coming from.

It's Hachiman. How did you even think it's Yukino when the title is: The confession of someone disappearing under the night sky.

This takes place right after Hachiman and Hayato had their conversation with another. It's about Hachiman giving up on wanting something genuine. He doesn't bring it up at all in ANOTHER.

No way is it Hachiman, in common back story to both ANOTHER and main, he has twice thought about what he wants and gone for it. The person who never did that, who in monologue says they never did that, could only be Yukino. In ANOTHER Yukino stays silent and is fading away to a life of never ever standing up for what she wants

The words were too much for one post. . So part 1 of 2:

The confession of someone disappearing under the night sky
There is something that I want.

I don’t need anything else other than that. All I want is just that alone.

However, the circumstances that I place myself in does not allow me to obtain it. Still, all I did was allow myself to be lost in the conclusions laid down by others.

Really, I have noticed this since a long time ago.

Things that are lost will definitely not become beautiful memories.

I know that if you do not stretch out your hand to grasp it, you will regret it your entire life.

That’s why, there is something that I want.

Yet, the things that you can obtain with your own two hands are always so shallow and vague. I simply cannot have faith in such things. More than that, there is the fact that the most unreliable existence of all is ourselves. Hence, the wish that our relationships would grow deeper would surely not come true as well.

Naturally, since some time back, at some place, where both sentimentality and resignation were mixed together, I had since taken a step back and drew a line between us.

However this cannot continue on for long. I have always known that this would all fall apart sooner or later.

Though I knew this, I have been averting my eyes from it.

The circumstances that he and I were in were different, except for maybe just that one point, where he and I held the same worries.

No, that’s not it.

It’s not just the circumstances alone. Just about everything else was different.

Yet, why is it that the both of us would arrive at the same conclusion?

Even so however, the answer that he gave me probably wasn’t the only one he prepared.

That’s why, when I decided not to raise the question explicitly, we both pretended to not see it at all.

part 2 of 2

-- translation by FatFluffyFish

Note talking about a "he and I"

I do not want to acknowledge the uncomfortable truth.

What is lost will never come back.

I don’t want to have any expectations.

That’s why I avoided the issue.

Actually, maybe, I don’t want it after all.

That's cute, but it's also wrong. Face it, Hachiman turns his back on wanting something genuine in ANOTHER.

How do you know that? He goes with someone who confessed their inner feelings to him, Yui. Just because it's not the girl you fancied doesn't make it "not genuine".

Anyway the speaker is talking about themselves and a "he", isn't a guy speaking

It's the continuation of this conversation.

imgur.com/a/O8csn

Me fancying Yui has nothing to do with it. Yui's purpose in the series is to be the not genuine one.

I thought the title alluded to that chapter in volume 4: "Alone, Yukinoshita Yukino gazes at the night sky." The line "all I did was allow myself to be lost in the conclusions laid down by others" references her personal issues.

It felt in ANOTHER like Yukino was gradually fading away or disappearing. The person in the confession is terrified of "losing" something he/she can never get back and so abandons what they truly want in favor of a status quo.

I thought the scene was the 'genuine' scene. Yukino was wondering why both of them (her and Hachiman) despite being so different could arrive at the same conclusion "I want something genuine".

That being said Hachiman makes a lot of sense too. If it's Yukino, then the confession is seriously depressing. It's yet another sign that ANOTHER is a 'bad end'. If it's Hachiman then what it's telling us that he's becoming someone different than the entire story up to then has led us to believe.

Yeah it's likely Hachiman. Unless WW is deliberately pulling a fast one.

But it fits in the moment for Hachiman, given the scene immediately before and after. And that's how WW has usually allowed us to identify the speakers in these anonymous memorandums.

that's not Yui's purpose in ANOTHER.

And the volume T that came before that monologue was Hachiman talking with Hayama about rumor regarding "Yui and probably Yukinoshita as well"

So your logic is that a title that happens roughly around Volume 10 in Volume E references back to a title in Volume 4.

Read the end of Volume H. Hachiman and Hayato have a conversation while it's dark outside. Then the first thing that happens in Volume E is this prologue with this title: The confession of someone disappearing under the night sky.

It's Hachiman. Haruno brings up genuine to him, he ignores it and turns his back on it. It's one of the reasons why Haruno loses interest in him.

Need I remind you of what genuine means?

>It’s not mere words that I want, I want to know people inside-out.
imgur.com/a/cRZnK

He doesn't have that type of relationship with Yui.

I feel like I've gotten pulled into some deeper argument I'm not aware of. I already agreed with you here on the identity of the speaker .

Sawry.

Not a Yuifag provided we don't get a loner ending I don't realy mind who 8man ends up with but
>is to be the not genuine one
I thought the whole "genuine" thing was to do with being open with each other and all that good shit, instead of everyone over-analyzing things and trying to look for ulterior motives that probably aren't actually there all the time
nothing to do with characters being dishonest or not, right? I don't understand what the basis is for people spinning it onto these discussions about how Yui or Yukino or whatever is too mean and so on

I think to Hachiman it's about not needing to be 'open' i.e. using words but at the same time not needing to over-analyze everything either. Basically, it's about just understanding someone. But Hachiman is aware that you can't get to that point without pain and struggle.

See Hachiman's character song:

I don’t need words
I just want to understand
I want something genuine,
though I know I cannot get it
It’s alright even if you are afraid
When we hurt each other
let’s continue to struggle

Something genuine is also something Hachiman has to fight hard for. Anything that is simply "given" to him, is not worth keeping, because it won't last. Yui's love for Hachiman is not something that he had to fight hard for, because it existed ever since the early days of the series ever since he saved her dog, you might disagree with this, but it is true.

>If what I wished for was granted to me, if what I wanted was given to me. Then, as I thought, I wouldn’t wish for anything nor want anything. Because the things you were granted and the things you were given were surely shams that would one day be lost.
>The things you wished for had no shape and the things you wanted were untouchable. Or possibly, they might be the most wonderful treasures ever that would become nothing if you were to touch them.
>On that shining stage, what my eyes laid upon was the conclusion to that “story”. Here I was, not knowing what happens beyond it. That’s why I will surely continue to search for it for a long time.
imgur.com/a/RWGzz

Wouldn't him getting over his seemingly instinctive approach of over-analyzing everything to the point where he's unable to understand anyone be considered a struggle in itself though?

and even then, talking very generally here, writing off something given to you just because you may not have put in any work into gaining it is a bit of a weak line of thought to live by, doesn't it? Not liking something obviously beautiful because there's an alternative that's also sort of beautiful and requires lots of effort just to get anything out of instead - does that sound normal? It doesn't to me, no one thinks like this. Or am I misunderstanding this entirely?

>Or am I misunderstanding this entirely?
Yes. The most simple way I can put it is: anything that comes easy isn't worth it.

>anything that comes easy isn't worth it
I guess I just don't get it then. That seems like an incredibly bizarre line-of-thought to live by as bluntly as you guys are saying 8man wishes to.

As far as the Yui thing goes, it wouldn't just be a case of "Can we go out?" -> "yeah okay" -> "and now we're locked in this shit for life", maintaining and building a relationship in itself is something that takes time and effort (regardless of who it's with). Deciding to reject people that come up to you to initiate this as opposed to you working hard to initiate it just sounds sort of irrational to me.

But that's the point to Yui's entire character. In a year's time, Hachiman and Yui haven't gotten to know each other that well. Once they do, they'll find out that they're not compatible. People only look at the end: Hachiman and Yui end up together, but they don't think beyond that while taking into account all of the messages the entire series has been pushing forward the entire time.

The point is: Yes, Hachiman and Yui ended up together in ANOTHER, but it's not the genuine thing Hachiman has been looking for.

>In a year's time, Hachiman and Yui haven't gotten to know each other that well.
Hachiman hasn't gotten to know anyone that well until relatively recently, isn't that where the whole "genuine" speech largely spawned from? For most of the series he held a pretty overly-idealistic view of Yukino that's only now starting to change. Similarly he's had an incorrect view of Yui (being a "nice girl") the entire time too.

>Once they do, they'll find out that they're not compatible.
That's very possible, yeah. It's going a step further than the point I'm talking about though.

I thought "genuine" was about dropping the bullshit, dropping methods of indirect action and subversion and to just be frank with each other? It's this "if it comes easy, it's not worth it" thing that makes no sense to me, it's a massively sweeping statement to apply to initiating/building relationships.

Why does Sensei want Hikky's dick so bad?

She enjoys Hachiman's company in general
+
she's very lonely and depressed

I miss the reimu MAX COFFEE comics

why not other male student? She can get the D more easily than 8man

No, she wants 8man, and only 8man.

It's not the only time Hachiman has that line of thinking. Right after his talk with Sensei, when he stays up all night he thinks of the same thing:

>Something that could be easily given to someone was surely a fake. Something that could easily be given away was surely something that could easily be taken away by someone.

The point being: if it's easy to get, then it's easy to lose. Why do you think Yui got Hachiman on a silver platter in ANOTHER without literally any resistance? But you're probably not going to agree with this anyway, so eh.

nope, she want the D, any young D will do like Tobe and the CUNT.

Extremely gay. Why else would he turn down all those 10/10 girls and be so obsessed with 8man.

It's less that I don't agree and more that I don't really get it

it just seems like it'd be 8man shifting from one extreme line-of-thought that prevents him from truly understanding people
to an opposite but similarly extreme line-of-thought where he'll arbitrarily deciding who he bothers to try to understand based on it requiring effort or not on his part

I mean, I guess that's technically an improvement. Not by much though.

*not to mention cases where people work hard to get to know 8man? Does that not warrant any sort of acknowledgement from him either?

look at him
look at his blonde hair
look at his blue eye

he will win

Hachiman and Yui's relationship isn't one of them getting to know each other. Hachiman's idea of wanting genuine is to not be in a relationship simply for the sake of being in a relationship. But that's exactly what happens in ANOTHER. Hachiman gives up on wanting deep meaningful relationships where he fully knows everything about the other person:

>Hence, the wish that our relationships would grow deeper would surely not come true as well.

Which is natural, since one of Yui's characteristics is that she's fine with a lie.

1. imgur.com/a/ue4Gf

2. Hello Alone:
Before the setting sun
disappeared into the ocean,
I should have at least have said a lie. Wow

3. Everyday World; this line is sung by Yui:
Rather than the truth, please give me a gentle lie.

4. Christmas song
imgur.com/a/xpAMp

>Yuigahama put the printout on the desk and quietly reached for her cellphone. That posture of hers gave me the chills. Could she be confirming it on the internet? But Yuigahama’s hands stopped there. As if she gave up on the idea, she only touched the phone and returned it to its original spot.
imgur.com/a/AqbAR

The point is: Yui is not the genuine thing Hachiman has been looking for his entire life.

>Hachiman and Yui's relationship isn't one of them getting to know each other. Hachiman's idea of wanting genuine is to not be in a relationship simply for the sake of being in a relationship.
I didn't say that it was. I said that I thought his idea of "genuine" was to drop the over-analysis of everything for people to be open and frank with each other. I'd go as far as to say that this ending in a romantic relationship or not almost feels sorta superfluous even, as much as I don't want a loner ending I could see how one could happen

Yui not being the genuine thing or not - like I said before, this is going beyond the point I'm hung up on. Evidently I can't seem to make much sense of what 8man's idea of "genuine" even is, what I wrote just now about being frank and open is incorrect apparantly.

I mean, if he wants a relationship built on hard work and 'earning it', since that's evidently the only way a deep relationship can be born, then why not have him chase Miura? That chick hates his guts.

I'm not saying that this is incorrect:
>what I wrote just now about being frank and open is incorrect apparantly.

It's certainly part of it, but it's not just that one thing. That's my point.

>then why not have him chase Miura? That chick hates his guts.

Eh, yeah. No comment.

>Eh, yeah. No comment.
It's how absurd this "if it comes easy, it's not worth it" thing comes across to me

Well maybe I'll understand all this shit once Watari releases vol 12, if that happens to be at some point this lifetime

> Before the setting sun
> disappeared into the ocean,
> I should have at least have said a lie.

Isn't that exactly what happens at the end of vol 11, except she says the lie?

>It's how absurd this "if it comes easy, it's not worth it" thing comes across to me

Why? Let's for instance take a look at Hachiman and Yukino's relationship. There are a lot of obstacles in the way for a succesful relationship between them, but even so, Hachiman is still going to go for it. This conversation he has with Yumiko about Hayato also applies to the relationship Hachiman has with Yukino.

>I’m sure she knew that they couldn’t stay like this forever, that there were things that no matter how much she felt about the future wouldn’t be granted, and that the mere mention of something could destroy everything, but even so, she still didn’t want to lose them. That’s why, at the very least, she wanted to be close, she wished to remain close, all so she could support Hayama Hayato, his surroundings, and his wish to be who he is. That curt and unassuming mail. It was the one and only form of modest resistance that she could do.

>I was fully aware that it was a cruel question. But it’s something I still wanted to ask. It’s not like I wanted to know Miura’s resolve. Truthfully, I wasn’t interested in that at all. It’s just, I still wasn’t confident whether taking a step over the line for someone who didn’t wish for it was the right thing to do or not. I thought that you could build and maintain a relationship without going out of your way to concern yourself with it. That’s why, I asked.

>I questioned her, wanting to know whether she was okay with stepping over that line even if it meant being hated, being neglected, being called shameless, and hurting someone. Miura didn’t hesitate to answer. She glared at me with teary eyes and squeezed her fist.
>“I want to know… Even so, I want to know… because I don’t have anything else.”

>Her eyes were moist, her voice trembling, but she, without a doubt, gave her answer. Perhaps these feelings were always inside of her; the feeling of wanting to know, the feeling of wanting to understand. It’s just that they’re now pouring out in droplets as she desperately swallowed her trembling breaths. If she knew that it was something that wouldn’t come true, but still sought for it and opposed it. Then, that was no different from someone out there.

keeping in mind that Yukino does like 8man as well, even if she hasn't for as long as Yui has perhaps

what you're now implying is that in this scenario where 2 girls like 1 guy, the girl who hasn't acted on it due to the slew of personal/social issues she's been struggling with becomes the more desirable one to initiate a relationship with due to said issues? Does that not sound strange to you at all?

Not him, but I guess the easiest way to describe it is, let's say, the difference between someone giving you 100 dollars and you earning 100 dollars. In both cases you have 100 dollars, but in one of those instances you had to actually work for it and you understand the value of it and the amount of effort you had to put into it to obtain it, so you'll cherish it forever. Something like that.

>she's been struggling with becomes the more desirable one to initiate a relationship with due to said issues?

No. Hachiman doesn't like Yukino because she has issues. If anything the issues are the thing that make Hachiman hesitate a lot. However, regardless, he's still going to go for it.

I don't feel that comparison works in this case though, because the lack of understanding is arising largely from the lack of upfrontness and 8man over-analyzing everything to the point where he sees meanings that aren't actually there.

If they start being frank with each other, and it ends up that him and Yui's not a good fit for each other, then so be it. Requiring some sort of obstacle course to go through or having someone else ask you out can lead to good or bad relationships regardless, it's a non-factor.

but if not for said issues there'd be none of these obstacles at all, right? It'd barely be any different from the Yui situation you were describing

>It'd barely be any different from the Yui situation you were describing

It would, because Hachiman and Yukino's relationship is something that has been building up throughout the entire series, whereas Yui liked him from the get-go.

Just because she liked him a few months before Yukino that doesn't mean it is somehow cheaper.

it's only been building up the way it has because of how 8man and Yukino can't be upfront with each other though
as much as I dislike the "if you change this part of the story, this character acts completely differently!" argument it applies here, why wouldn;t Yukino chase 8man if she had nothing to hold her back

which goes back to what I said in

Hmhm, volume 12 will reveal whether or not it's cheap. Sadly something that was supposed to happen didn't happen in ANOTHER.

>why wouldn;t Yukino chase 8man if she had nothing to hold her back

Because Yukino had initially drawn a line between herself and Hachiman and Yui.

No, it is because she doesn't actually like him. I don't remember her drawing any lines.

after she started liking 8man (I know there are people who think that she doesn't, it's not the common opinion though so for the sake of my point I'll dismiss that) the only thing stopping her was her social interaction issues though
I don't see how when the starting point of said feelings is that relevant, relation building doesn't suddenly cut-off when you decide to initiate a proper relationship with that person. Yui or anyone else liking him from the start shouldn't be some sort of degrading factor here, on the contrary it'd be a complete non-factor in whether said relationship is sucessful or not.

>As I let out a deep and heavy sigh, I looked around the window of the now deserted classroom. Yukinoshita had been standing there just a while ago. It wasn’t even two metres between where Yukinoshita had been and the seats Yuigahama and I had been sitting on. Yet for some reason, it was hard to cross that looming distance, and I could sense an unseen line drawn there. It would not be long before the two of us discovered what exactly stood between us ‐ or rather, you could say, the truth.

>It’s because it was Yuigahama’s birthday that it was still vivid in my mind. A momentary break of clear weather in the rainy season. A girl wearing a lonely smile, the offensive red glow of the sunset raining down on her from behind. At the time, she had undoubtedly drawn a line. A line indicating that she was different from the two of us, the victims. Exactly what was that boundary line? Now I was finally beginning to understand what it was.

>ever since he saved her dog, you might disagree with this, but it is true
Where are you getting this from? The accident was why she approached him and then after getting to know him in the club she fell for him, she wasn't in love with him immediately after he got turned into roadkill saving her dog.

Tobe x Iroha m8

Forced Bait: The Post

lurking here
post moar

Will Yuki-mom attend Yukino and Hachiman's wedding?

Teenagers don't put this much thought into their relationships (romantic or otherwise) with other people

About the only reason why I'm dumping most of my Oregairu pics is because I'm getting rather annoyed at the faggots talking about whatever the fuck they're talking about

how can we generate new meme?

that would be like licking out an ashtray. disgusting.

As long as it doesn't generate into incessant bitching, I don't really care.

You're saying that like it's a bad thing